Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2017, 11:31   #2296
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did an 1800 Km return trip to Ahmedabad recently, Endeavour performed well and is a pleasure to drive long distances.
The FE seems decent for the truck. How many passengers? What speeds on the speedo did you maintain on 4 laners?
Old 4th June 2017, 11:39   #2297
BHPian

Also, does this MID figure tally with the actual FE figures?
Old 4th June 2017, 14:36   #2298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What speeds on the speedo did you maintain on 4 laners?
120-130, though on the return back from Jaipur to Gurgaon I was around 100 due to very high truck rush and tiredness.

Quote:
does this MID figure tally with the actual FE figures?
I have not recorded, but filled at the start of the journey at Gurgaon, thereafter near Sirohi and again on return at Udaipur so yes MID should be correct. Though I may have a wrong ODO/ MID due to higher tyre size, I am running with 285/60R18 in case it matters.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 21:09   #2299
BHPian

just back from a 1200 KM long trip on MT 4X4.
First tankful gave 8.47 and in MID 8.8 and second tankful gave 8.58 and the MID showed 8.9 . (With 3 adults and 3 Kids and around 90 KG in the boot)
What I liked, The stability, Comfort, A/C (outside was 38-39 and with 23 inside we were comfortable), Silence inside the cabin. (In -fact we had a 7 hours non-stop and my family -- from 65 old my mother to 3 year old my daughter was not feeling tired. )

What it could had been better --> Overtaking in 5th and 6th gear are tiresome. (with speeds around 60-80) , Sync2 with iPhone (especially connected with USB) is like a prototype.
anumod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 02:05   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

What it could had been better --> Overtaking in 5th and 6th gear are tiresome. (with speeds around 60-80) , Sync2 with iPhone (especially connected with USB) is like a prototype.
Thanks for the post. Definitely this car is one of the contenders in my decision to buy an SUV once am back to India. Can you pls elaborate on the 5th/6th gear overtaking thing? Are you suggesting that when the car is in 60 -80 in higher gears, the car takes time to build speed.. meaning every overtake will require a downshift?
Old 6th June 2017, 07:22   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Thanks for the post. Definitely this car is one of the contenders in my decision to buy an SUV once am back to India. Can you pls elaborate on the 5th/6th gear overtaking thing? Are you suggesting that when the car is in 60 -80 in higher gears, the car takes time to build speed.. meaning every overtake will require a downshift?
My point here was because of multiple factors, first size of the vehicle, second the weight of the vehicle, to add on to these two things, the Engine is not that strong for such a heavy and/or big vehicle. Even when we are driving normally, 1600 RPM is when the up shift has to be done for optimal fuel economy, but you can observe that at 1800-1900 RPM there is one more surge in power, but you get a feeling that you are forcing the engine to get more out of that. (That is what I feel, by the sound of the engine) . To sum it up, the acceleration is not that fast, especially for me where I was enjoying with EcoBoost engine and before that 1.6 Duratec engine and 1.4 Duratorq engines. (I think even with 3.2, what I observed is that, the acceleration is not that fast, it could be because of the aerodynamic design of the vehicle as well)
Old 6th June 2017, 10:36   #2302
BHPian

hi ,

I have been driving 3.2 Titanium for about a year now and done 21000 kms.

I have driven on highways and expressways in different terrain but never found it sluggish or faced any challenge in overtaking.

Just sharing my bit
Shamsher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 11:36   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Couple of questions to new endeavour owners:

1/ Does the top end spec model have ISOFIX for attaching car seat?

2/ The navigation app (Map my India app) does it rely on GPS in the phone or is independent of the mobile phone? And does it have traffic and if so how useful is it?

Thanks!
1- I have a Mar 2017 Endeavour. It does not have ISOFIX. But I know that the newer Everest in Aus are being issued with ISOFIX for the middle row. So may be it could get carried over to Endeavour, if not already. Also check the below link if that helps alleviate any fears

ISOFIX vs. Seat belt

2. I recently drove long distance on a top end, brand new Ecosport. So I would think the latest India map is loaded. If the same map (Map My India) is used in Endeavour, it is useless. Ford system has a GPS chip and antenna built in, but does not provide traffic. Here are a few points I noted

- The route displayed by MMI was longer than Google map route. I had google map on the phone along with MMI on dashboard. During the drive I came up to a 4-way junction. Google asked me to turn left, while MMI wanted to continue straight ! Guess what, google route was 30 mins shorter, purely from distance alone and not traffic. Even after driving a good 20 kms on the google route, MMI still was redirecting me back to the previous 4 way junction, so that I can continue to my destination, on the longer route . Absolute rotten tomatoes!

- So I guess google has better routes and provides live traffic updates. Now a days even when I am driving on roads that I know very well, I still have google just for live traffic, thanks to Sync3 and Airtel.

Quote:
My point here was because of multiple factors, first size of the vehicle, second the weight of the vehicle, to add on to these two things, the Engine is not that strong for such a heavy and/or big vehicle. Even when we are driving normally, 1600 RPM is when the up shift has to be done for optimal fuel economy, but you can observe that at 1800-1900 RPM there is one more surge in power, but you get a feeling that you are forcing the engine to get more out of that. (That is what I feel, by the sound of the engine) . To sum it up, the acceleration is not that fast, especially for me where I was enjoying with EcoBoost engine and before that 1.6 Duratec engine and 1.4 Duratorq engines. (I think even with 3.2, what I observed is that, the acceleration is not that fast, it could be because of the aerodynamic design of the vehicle as well)
The 3.2 is a pretty lively engine, although I feel the low gear is really low. So when you start off, you really feel like it is a Leyland. This may be for enhancing the off-roading capabilities. For those graduating from other Ford vehicles, they would feel the very low end acceleration somewhat wanting. I have a Fiesta Petrol DCT as well. It jumps around like a crazy horse. Sometimes it becomes very tricky for drivers used to most other cars. The 3.2 Endeavour once it crosses over to higher gears, is a very lively beast. Never felt any acceleration issues either in city or highway. 470 Nm from around 1700 rpm is a lot of torque.

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 6th June 2017 at 11:37.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:18   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post

The 3.2 is a pretty lively engine, although I feel the low gear is really low. So when you start off, you really feel like it is a Leyland. This may be for enhancing the off-roading capabilities. For those graduating from other Ford vehicles, they would feel the very low end acceleration somewhat wanting. I have a Fiesta Petrol DCT as well. It jumps around like a crazy horse. Sometimes it becomes very tricky for drivers used to most other cars. The 3.2 Endeavour once it crosses over to higher gears, is a very lively beast. Never felt any acceleration issues either in city or highway. 470 Nm from around 1700 rpm is a lot of torque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
hi ,

I have been driving 3.2 Titanium for about a year now and done 21000 kms.

I have driven on highways and expressways in different terrain but never found it sluggish or faced any challenge in overtaking.

Just sharing my bit
It could be because of two reasons, one I am coming from other lively engines and mine is a 2.2 engine. I felt once I slow down in highways, it takes more time than I expected to overtake an on-going vehicle. 3.2, I will compare once more and put down my experiences.
Old 6th June 2017, 19:20   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
First tankful gave 8.47 and in MID 8.8 and second tankful gave 8.58 and the MID showed 8.9 .
Is it 8.8 L/100 Km on MID or 8.8 Km/L? The ARAI certified mileage for 4x4 2.2 MT is 13.5 Km/L. Wondering how come there is huge difference in the actual mileage figures on your vehicle.

On a different note, Michelin Primacy SUV tyres are now available in 265/60 R18 but on road SUV tyres. May be 4x2 owners can consider this for an upgrade.

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...imacy_SUV.html
Old 6th June 2017, 20:29   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did an 1800 Km return trip to Ahmedabad recently, Endeavour performed well and is a pleasure to drive long distances. I could do both sides without any breaks apart from fuel and food.
Nice way of displaying time and fuel economy in the trip data
Old 6th June 2017, 21:03   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Is it 8.8 L/100 Km on MID or 8.8 Km/L? The ARAI certified mileage for 4x4 2.2 MT is 13.5 Km/L. Wondering how come there is huge difference in the actual mileage figures on your vehicle.

On a different note, Michelin Primacy SUV tyres are now available in 265/60 R18 but on road SUV tyres. May be 4x2 owners can consider this for an upgrade.

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...imacy_SUV.html
8.8 KMPL is the display. If we drive at around 85-95 KMPH, we will get better mileage than ARAI figures. when I tested on outer Ring Road for a 80 KM stretch and with cruise control on at 85 KMPH (1500 RPM) , I got a mileage of 16.1 (Attaching the mileage snapshot)

In this trip, For overtaking and all, I was downshifting a lot and driving more than 2500 RPM for most of the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour-mileage.jpeg  

anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 21:11   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First tankful gave 8.47 and in MID 8.8 and second tankful gave 8.58 and the MID showed 8.9 . (With 3 adults and 3 Kids and around 90 KG in the boot)
What I liked, The stability, Comfort, A/C (outside was 38-39 and with 23 inside we were comfortable), Silence inside the cabin. (In -fact we had a 7 hours non-stop and my family -- from 65 old my mother to 3 year old my daughter was not feeling tired. )

Anumod,

Good to know that you had a nice family trip.

8.9 kmpl for a 2.2 litre engine on a highway run is a little low.
Was it driven at very high RPM's?
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 21:16   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Anumod,

Good to know that you had a nice family trip.

8.9 kmpl for a 2.2 litre engine on a highway run is a little low.
Was it driven at very high RPM's?
The vehicle was always around or more than 2500 RPM. (The road was very crowded, so for overtaking I was downshifting) And other times also I was keeping around in the same RPM ..
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 21:24   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Also, does this MID figure tally with the actual FE figures?
MID and actual figures are very close to each other in all the modern cars
Variation may be less than 5 percent
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks