Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 09:50   #2311
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Time flies. Its been one year and 28000 kms. So far so good. No squeaks, rattles or leaks. I hope the experience remains good always. I have been lazy enough to avoid writing my ownership experience but summarizing the last one year in a single word - "Awesome"

On the sales, service and support - I have been dealing with Vibrant Ford from day one and the experience is Excellent. Be it sales, support, courtesy, delivering car on time, work quality, providing right estimates. 10/10 to them.

All i have been doing is "Fill it, shut it, Forget it" (copying from the old Hero Honda ad) and that's exactly what i wanted from the car. Ford deserves praise for their excellent engineering.
sunishsamuel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 11:41   #2312
BHPian

My dad has seen a demo car of Ford Endeavour 3.2 titanium,sunset red which clocked 35000 kms in a dealer.The car is not yet registered.By checking the VIN number,my dad said it is manufactured on February 2016.The dealer has sent the full service history by email,there is no any major issues except sync2 interface replacement and a scratch repainting. The car is quite good in test drive and looks like new.The offer price is 30 lakhs on road whereas the new one is 38.7 lakhs .Any suggestions?
Onyx Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 14:06   #2313
BHPian

What's the warranty they are offering ? If you can get warranty from the date of purchase then its worth it. Plus are they offering a Sync2 to Sync 3 upgrade or just replacing the current unit with another Sync 2 ? How about the tyres and interior? Do a thorough PDI before you take the decision.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 09:24   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Anumod,

8.9 kmpl for a 2.2 litre engine on a highway run is a little low.

Was it driven at very high RPM's?

My 2.2AT driven with a feather light foot gives 9.5 consistently. On short highway stretches with no braking, it goes up to 15 but on an average, <10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
It could be because of two reasons, one I am coming from other lively engines and mine is a 2.2 engine. I felt once I slow down in highways, it takes more time than I expected to overtake an on-going vehicle. 3.2, I will compare once more and put down my experiences.

It's true, the 2.2 is underpowered for highway overtaking. There is a world of difference between the 3.2 and the 2.2. But the 2.2 is easier to drive in the city with a smoother ride (no sudden acceleration) etc, so I'm happy with my purchase.

Did you hear any loud noises from the engine after it heats up when you accelerate? A very loud fan noise. On hot days on the highway, I always get that noise. Never been able to reproduce it at the dealers.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 02:10   #2315
BHPian

Autocar India has come up with a comparison of Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X. According to them except seat comfort Endeavour trumps in every aspect. They recommend Endy as it is more modern and better VFM. Link
PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 11:45   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Autocar India has come up with a comparison of Endeavor and Isuzu MU-X. According to them except seat comfort Endeavor trumps in every aspect. They recommend Endy as it is more modern and better VFM. Link
Interestingly most reviews are positive about the Ford Endeavor. But the sales numbers show a completely different picture. Its selling just 15-30 % of the monthly Fortuner Sales volume. Won't be surprised if Ford pulls out of India (rumors that are going around) . Good case study for Harvard.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 13:47   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Interestingly most reviews are positive about the Ford Endeavor. But the sales numbers show a completely different picture. Its selling just 15-30 % of the monthly Fortuner Sales volume. Won't be surprised if Ford pulls out of India (rumors that are going around) . Good case study for Harvard.
Endeavour is not selling as much as Fortuner because Ford keeps on making mistakes.
  1. They launched the product before new Fortuner, however goofed up on certain features like navigation.
  2. Then they were not able to cope up with demand.
  3. Pricing dilemma of Ford (upward and downward revisions) has again left the buyers sour mouthed.
  4. Dealerships are the face of a company and Ford has quite some distance to cover to stand with Toyota.
  5. And finally Brand building is an important exercise, which Chevy never did and Ford is also following suit.
PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 00:10   #2318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
My dad has seen a demo car of Ford Endeavour 3.2 titanium,sunset red which clocked 35000 kms in a dealer.The car is not yet registered.The offer price is 30 lakhs on road whereas the new one is 38.7 lakhs .Any suggestions?
Demo car should be assumed to be abused badly unless proven otherwise.
35000kms is a lot considering that atleast 3000 different people have driven the car so far.
As Sushil suggested,check with warranty too.

My suggestion would be to buy a new one after some hard negotiations(36 lakhs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Did you hear any loud noises from the engine after it heats up when you accelerate? A very loud fan noise. On hot days on the highway, I always get that noise. Never been able to reproduce it at the dealers.
That is normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Autocar India has come up with a comparison of Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X. According to them except seat comfort Endeavour trumps in every aspect. They recommend Endy as it is more modern and better VFM. Link
Endeavour is a successful model and MU-X is dead on arrival.
No comparision

Quote:
But the sales numbers show a completely different picture. Its selling just 15-30 % of the monthly Fortuner Sales volume.
Won't be surprised if Ford pulls out of India (rumors that are going around) . Good case study for Harvard.
True,about the sales.
The reason is multifactorial.

You are right,going forward Ford and Skoda may pull out from domestic market and concentrate on exports only.(like Chevy)
CEO of Ford has already hinted this.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 10th June 2017 at 00:15.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 12:14   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
What's the warranty they are offering ? If you can get warranty from the date of purchase then its worth it. Plus are they offering a Sync2 to Sync 3 upgrade or just replacing the current unit with another Sync 2 ? How about the tyres and interior? Do a thorough PDI before you take the decision.
The warranty started from February 2016 up to 2 years and can be extended for one more year. Sync2 remains the same, no upgrade to Sync3. The tires are going to be replaced with four new ones and the interior is going to be completely cleaned and polished. The final price on-road is 27 lakhs including registration, extended warranty, full insurance, tires and full polish.
Old 10th June 2017, 12:21   #2320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The tires are going to be replaced with four new ones and the interior is going to be completely cleaned and polished. The final price on-road is 27 lakhs including registration, extended warranty, full insurance, tires and full polish.
looks you are quite interested in this deal due to prices, I will suggest you buy something cheaper but brand new instead of this Demo vehicle as everyone else has suggested, perhaps a new Innova or 2,2 or even 3,2 Trend. If you want only Titanium, maybe look aftermarket. A single owned vehicle will always be better over Demo in my opinion.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th June 2017 at 12:22.
Old 10th June 2017, 16:23   #2321
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The warranty started from February 2016 up to 2 years and can be extended for one more year. Sync2 remains the same, no upgrade to Sync3. The tires are going to be replaced with four new ones and the interior is going to be completely cleaned and polished. The final price on-road is 27 lakhs including registration, extended warranty, full insurance, tires and full polish.
If you have money to burn, please go ahead. 27 Lakhs is a lot of money for a test drive car which has done 35K kms. This car would have been drived by at least 2000 people & would have gone through the Ford Off-Road Events.

In case you are determined to buy the New Endeavour, wait for pre-worshipped cars. These would be much better.
Old 10th June 2017, 16:30   #2322
BANNED

Quote:
My dad has seen a demo car of Ford Endeavour 3.2 titanium,sunset red which clocked 35000 kms in a dealer.The car is not yet registered.By checking the VIN number,my dad said it is manufactured on February 2016.The dealer has sent the full service history by email,there is no any major issues except sync2 interface replacement and a scratch repainting. The car is quite good in test drive and looks like new.The offer price is 30 lakhs on road whereas the new one is 38.7 lakhs .Any suggestions?
There is no reason to go for this car if you want peace of mind. And 35000 is a lot of mileage to happen for a demo car, they usually only keep it till 10-15k at max.
Better to look at any single owner pre worshipped ones with less than 20k kms on it if you have a really strict budget. Otherwise look at the lower variants, the feature set is still pretty good and some discounts are available too.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 00:06   #2323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
27 lakhs is a lot of money for a car abused by atleast 2000 to 3000 people.
You should see what they do to these cars at the off road events(cannot spell it out here as we are bound by the rules of the forum )

Why dont you look around for a preworshipped Endeavour?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 11th June 2017 at 00:08.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 16:27   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen some advertisement for Endeavor (2.2/3.2) with a dealer in Chennai. He says these are used by Ford officials. I am skeptical and they might be test cars if not demo ones and abused to the max. I did not bother to visit as I did not have time. You can find them in olx. If interested you should see them in person and check the service records as well.
Old 11th June 2017, 20:25   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
I have seen some advertisement for Endeavor (2.2/3.2) with a dealer in Chennai. He says these are used by Ford officials. I am skeptical and they might be test cars if not demo ones and abused to the max. I did not bother to visit as I did not have time. You can find them in olx. If interested you should see them in person and check the service records as well.
Interestingly the pics for the 2.2 shows black interiors. Did the advertiser use two different pics for the ad or Ford got some of the black interior cars ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks