Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 21:12   #2326
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Interestingly the pics for the 2.2 shows black interiors. Did the advertiser use two different pics for the ad or Ford got some of the black interior cars ?
Trend come with black interiors, I assumed. No? I was in town recently and should have checked in person. But did not have time. The price sure seems interesting. If haggled well, knocking of a lac or around should be possible.
Old 12th June 2017, 00:28   #2327
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
I have seen some advertisement for Endeavor (2.2/3.2) with a dealer in Chennai. He says these are used by Ford officials. I am skeptical and they might be test cars if not demo ones and abused to the max. I did not bother to visit as I did not have time. You can find them in olx. If interested you should see them in person and check the service records as well.
I guess the dealer is A&S Cars. They have a contact with Ford and they get a number of Ford Endeavours used by Ford employees (General Managers, VPs). The cars are registered to Ford India and they are not test drive cars. Most of them are very well maintained.

If you are interested, you could visit them and drive the cars and take your call.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 09:59   #2328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I guess the dealer is A&S Cars. They have a contact with Ford and they get a number of Ford Endeavours used by Ford employees (General Managers, VPs). The cars are registered to Ford India and they are not test drive cars. Most of them are very well maintained.

If you are interested, you could visit them and drive the cars and take your call.
Yes, very similar info the sales guy told me over phone. The price is also seem to be mouthwatering. It is safe to get some extra warranty and thoroughly verified by a 3rd party mechanic on impending parts changes (brake pads etc)

Btw is there any way to confirm the registration through online? Quick google search only gives the registration location.
Old 12th June 2017, 12:27   #2329
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Yes, very similar info the sales guy told me over phone. The price is also seem to be mouthwatering. It is safe to get some extra warranty and thoroughly verified by a 3rd party mechanic on impending parts changes (brake pads etc)

Btw is there any way to confirm the registration through online? Quick google search only gives the registration location.
Sure. You could test drive the car, get it thoroughly analysed with your friendly mechanic before putting down your cheque. I am not sure if you can get an extended warranty as this is typically a re-sale.

You could ask the agent to send you a photo of the RC for your reference.
Old 12th June 2017, 12:29   #2330
BHPian

Thanks for all the suggestions.Based on all of your opinion we decided to drop the plan to buy the demo car. My dad said he will wait until first week of July to see the GST discounts to go for a new car.
Onyx Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 16:54   #2331
BANNED

Hello,
Update@1000 km.

Endeavour is running absolutely fine with average fuel consumption slightly above 8kmpl. Crossed the 1k mark within recommended speed limits. Couldn't wait longer to feel the actual power of 3.2 engine hence started driving spiritedly. The engine is real beast and there is a sudden surge of power as soon as accelerator is pressed.

I feel Endeavour is fun to drive in city as compared to my Dicor which feels more truck like. Cabin is totally insulated with minimal noise from outside. It is so easy to park in tight spaces even though it is marginally longer than Safari (4892 vs 4810 mm). Thanks to the feather light steering,reverse parking camera and the sensors.

Parallel park assist is the best feature in Endeavour. Not sure why few members mentioned it will be rarely used. I am regularly using this for parking my car and it is the biggest party trick. It helps in parking the mammoth easily and comfortably where you just need to control the brakes. The calculation is spot on and have used it more than 15-20 times to park my vehicle.

Accessories added:
1. LED License plate lamps.
2. Screen protection film.
3. Osram Night breaker for High Beam.
4. Philips H8 for Foglamps.
5. Lapcare 2.1 amp Car Charger - For Laptop charging.
6. Jopasu Car duster combo.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20170604_192242.jpg  

roby_dk1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 18:39   #2332
BHPian

It seems this ad is shown on TV for the past few weeks but I saw it today for the first time. The Bootlid mounted spare wheel looks really nice. Gives an awesome look to the car.

From the screen grab it looks like a bracket that's mounted from the bottom. Any idea where to find these ?
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 18:46   #2333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
It seems this ad is shown on TV for the past few weeks but I saw it today for the first time. The Bootlid mounted spare wheel looks really nice. Gives an awesome look to the car.

From the screen grab it looks like a bracket that's mounted from the bottom. Any idea where to find these ?
Thanks for the video, but I think a tail mounted spare is not possible on the Endeavour. The advertisement looks photoshopped to me. The spare could also be temporarily bolted on in a makeshift manner for that.

Searched all over the net on Ford forums but couldn't find a mounting mechanism for the Endeavour aka Everest anywhere. No images of any car having it either. If someone were to fabricate a custom mount, it would be different though. But again, that's difficult. Do tell me if you find anything about this.

Regards,
vishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk1 View Post
Hello,
Update@1000 km.

Parallel park assist is the best feature in Endeavour. Not sure why few members mentioned it will be rarely used. I am regularly using this for parking my car and it is the biggest party trick. It helps in parking the mammoth easily and comfortably where you just need to control the brakes. The calculation is spot on and have used it more than 15-20 times to park my vehicle.

Hi. Thanks for the update! Surely helps prospective customers. F.E seems to be slightly low, maybe because you were driving spiritedly?

Good to note that you are using the Parallel park assist. Makes the premium paid for the Titanium well worth it. Also pleased to know that it copes with Indian parking conditions.

Quote:
Accessories added:
1. LED License plate lamps
Arghh. That is the worst sign of cost cutting! No LED license plate lights as standard? Either ways, very good addition to the already loaded car. Do post some pics of the LED license plate lights. The rear would look even better.

BTW, didn't recognise you at first sir. I was following this thread regularly and was wondering if I missed on an Endeavour owner.

Enjoy her for miles to come,
Vishy

Last edited by Aditya : 13th June 2017 at 07:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 21:00   #2334
BHPian

Rear Driveshaft/Propeller shaft Issue

The car was making a 'tak-tak' sound from rear which is continuous and increased with speed. I thought there must be something loose inside and have sent the vehicle to service centre today in the morning. I got the shock of my life in the afternoon when the service centre GM informed me that Rear Drive shaft/propeller shaft is making the noise and it has to replaced. Warranty claim for the same has been initiated. Right now they couldn't even tell me when I will be able to get the car back.

This is in continuation to the stalling issue which I have been facing since a month and apparently it has been resolved as they changed the existing CKP sensor to an 'Upgraded CKP sensor.

Complete details in this separate thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-issue-2.html

PS: I wanted to change to michelin primacy SUV tyres in the stock size. Checked with local tyre shops, they have them readily available. Price quoted is approximately Rs 17,000 per tyre. I shall be changing tyres once these issues/niggles are sorted out.
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 22:22   #2335
BHPian

2018 Ford Endeavour/2018 Ford Everest (facelift) spied testing for the first time

"The Ford Everest is expected to pick up the same new front end as the Ranger, along with any of the drivetrain improvements.

Keyless entry (evident by the lock buttons visible on all doors), which is likely to include push-button start"

http://www.caradvice.com.au/558360/2...w-tech-coming/
LionX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 05:07   #2336
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Face lifted endevour being tested.
https://www.carwale.com/m/news/2018-...testing-29567/
Old 20th June 2017, 17:25   #2337
BANNED

Did anyone felt that Endeavour 3.2 struggles a bit while shifting from 1 > 2 > 3. I mean there is a slight lag or ECU gets a bit confused sometimes in lower gears. Is this a normal AT effect and will it get smoother over time?

Mine has clocked 1600 kms with average fuel consumption between 8-9 kmpl. So far I am happy with the performance of the beast.
Old 20th June 2017, 18:45   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Did anyone felt that Endeavour 3.2 struggles a bit while shifting from 1 > 2 > 3. I mean there is a slight lag or ECU gets a bit confused sometimes in lower gears. Is this a normal AT effect and will it get smoother over time?

Mine has clocked 1600 kms with average fuel consumption between 8-9 kmpl. So far I am happy with the performance of the beast.
I suggest you stay below 2.5k RPM till around 2500 kms. Running-in is much needed till then. After that try some enthusiastic driving and the gear box will soon adjust to your style. I get a very quick lunge and an upshift when pressing hard for overtaking etc. Though the rubberband effect of the engine is noticed at times. Even from stand-still, I never felt a lag. Though engine noise is at times coarse when accelerating hard from stand-still.

And I get around 8 km/l in Bangalore's crawling traffic.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 20th June 2017 at 18:47.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 08:22   #2339
BHPian

I got the refund of my advance after involving Ford customer service and following up with them.

But it looks like Lathangi Ford is either going through an ownership change or some other thing. Wonder what happened? I have to now look for a Ford A.S.S in South Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I think this is slightly different, they don't have ANY parts, not even engine oil and are trying to source things unofficially after taking an advance from the customers. I paid 10K advance and now no one from Lathangi is responding to my calls.

Last edited by indusboy : 21st June 2017 at 08:25. Reason: corrected a mistake
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 09:12   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I got the refund of my advance after involving Ford customer service and following up with them.

But it looks like Lathangi Ford is either going through an ownership change or some other thing. Wonder what happened? I have to now look for a Ford A.S.S in South Bangalore
Lathangi Ford has been sold off to JSP Group of Chennai and will be JSP Ford. They retain all three locations in Bangalore and will function from July 15.

Ford has been instrumental in driving this change and they will be supporting JSP to settle down.

This is as much I know as of now. Of course through informal channels hence take it with a pinch of salt.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed