Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2017, 01:02   #2446
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Is there any option under Ford Preferred insurance to make more than two zero dep claims in a year?
I understand that Honda and Toyota both offer this under the Honda Assure and Toyota Protect respectively.

Last edited by @Chaand : 20th August 2017 at 01:06.
Old 23rd August 2017, 15:33   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Good day guys.
Finally booked the Endeavour 3.2l titanium in grey colour. Expecting delivery in a weeks time.
I want to do some coating but confused on the same. Saw the thread on coatings but it's a mixed bag. There are various coatings like ceramic, opticoat and the standard 3M. Can someone throw some light on this. And is it necessary to get the underbody rust protection done from 3M?
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 18:04   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Good day guys.
Finally booked the Endeavour 3.2l titanium in grey colour. Expecting delivery in a weeks time.
I want to do some coating but confused on the same. Saw the thread on coatings but it's a mixed bag. There are various coatings like ceramic, opticoat and the standard 3M. Can someone throw some light on this. And is it necessary to get the underbody rust protection done from 3M?

I got 3M underbody coating done. Essentially just in case. Comes with a 5yr warranty. And was cheaper than what the dealer was quoting which in any case was not 3M I think.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 16:24   #2449
BHPian

Hey guys,
I've also finally booked a 3.2 Titanium. Hoping to taking delivery tomorrow. Thanks to everyone on this thread for helping with their inputs.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 09:35   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
Can someone tell me the location of the chassis no. imprint in the Endy.
I am not looking for the one near the front glass or the plate but the imprint on the chassis.
Thanks.
Old 29th August 2017, 12:28   #2451
BANNED

There is flip cover on carpet in the passenger side foot well area. Flip it over and VIN number is imprinted on chassis therein.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:16   #2452
BHPian

4th year warranty seems to be available for Endeavour. I saw the price list in the extended warranty form available with the dealer, costing 40xxx. The sales person said that this is something that Ford has recently shared with them and that customers can opt for it if they want.
Old 30th August 2017, 21:27   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
4th year warranty seems to be available for Endeavour. I saw the price list in the extended warranty form available with the dealer, costing 40xxx. The sales person said that this is something that Ford has recently shared with them and that customers can opt for it if they want.
That is some good news finally, if the sales person was true to you.. meaning ford offers it and not offered by the dealership! Also is there any word about Manual Transmission? Possibility of it getting re-introduced.. anything that you heard?
Old 30th August 2017, 22:26   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Isn't that a bit too much? Third year warranty is something like ₹20,XXX. Fourth year warranty is double the cost of the third year?
Old 30th August 2017, 23:36   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
That is some good news finally, if the sales person was true to you.. meaning ford offers it and not offered by the dealership! Also is there any word about Manual Transmission? Possibility of it getting re-introduced.. anything that you heard?
No update on this. It seems unlikely though as there was not much demand for the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Isn't that a bit too much? Third year warranty is something like ₹20,XXX. Fourth year warranty is double the cost of the third year?
You're right it's most likely warranty upto 4th year and would include the 3rd & 4th year. This was not available around 10 days back. Seems to be something they have got very recently.
Old 31st August 2017, 15:29   #2456
BHPian

So I checked with my sales advisor and they are ready to provide 4th year warranty for ₹ 25017. Thinking of going in for it.
Old 1st September 2017, 17:07   #2457
BHPian

Test drove the Endeavour 3.2 AT and Fortuner back to back a week ago. The car is for my father and will be chauffeur driven 90% of the time. It'll only be on the weekends that I may drive it once in a while.

Though we preferred the Endeavour overall, better interiors, ride quality, sunroof etc. the Fortuner did feel like it was more eager off the mark. We had the previous gen. Endeavour as well and though it was lovely on the highway, city driving wasn't its best feature, with a sluggish gearbox and an engine that had to be revved initially and somehow it got frustrating specially in traffic.

Will probably go with the Endeavour 3.2 once we finalize the color.

P.S. The car would be on a 3rd party lease with maintenance etc. included hence we did not consider the cost service and reliability etc. The Endeavour just felt like a nicer vehicle overall.
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:30   #2458

Dear Friends

I have finalized on Endeavour 2.2 AT Titanium. But with this Cess news coming up I am in dilemma to go for 3.2 AT Titanium immediately (choice color available) or wait for 2.2 AT for next 30 days.

Also if someone could enlighten about the likely dates of implementation of cess, as it has effect on my hard earned money.

Further I would also request to let me know the mileage difference between both the models.

Waiting for early reply as it has effect on hard earned money.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:30   #2459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also if someone could enlighten about the likely dates of implementation of cess, as it has effect on my hard earned money.
Unfortunately, no one will know for sure, you can be almost certain that this is not coming before 9th when Gst Council meets and decide rates and date.

Better buy 3,2, you will lose marginal on fuel but for rest everything you will enjoy including wonderful panoramic roof and the sweet 3,2 engine. There are some other small differences as well, please go through this thread from start.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:50   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikrai View Post
I have finalized on Endeavour 2.2 AT Titanium. But with this Cess news coming up I am in dilemma to go for 3.2 AT Titanium immediately (choice color available) or wait for 2.2 AT for next 30 days.

What's the price difference between the two?

No one knows as to when the cess will kick in. I hope that the government will propose January? Will give the auto sector a shot in the arm for the festive season ahead. Wishful thinking.

So if the cess rate were to be applied before the delivery of your 2.2, it'll probably take the price to where the 3.2 is currently at. I rather you spend the money now and get the 3.2 or finally you might end up paying the 3.2 price for the 2.2. LOL.

I guess the 3.2 comes with the sunroof and the side and curtain airbags as well. Buy the top spec if you can afford always. Though I think the 2.2 will be easier to drive in the city.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2017 at 16:11. Reason: Poorly typed post.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed