Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:23   #2461
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikrai View Post

Further I would also request to let me know the mileage difference between both the models.

Waiting for early reply as it has effect on hard earned money.
Mileage difference is around 2 kmpl between 3.2 (8 city avg) and 2.2 (10 city avg).

Benefit is mostly on account of 4 wheel drive which is useful for such a heavy vehicle, in case you get stuck or want to do some offroading. Other features' mileage will vary depending on your preferences - sunroof, parallel park assist, 7th air bag (knee), 3rd row auto fold, and movement sensors for car alarm are the major ones. Oh yes, and bragging rights for getting the top end

Last edited by mayjay : 2nd September 2017 at 17:25.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:56   #2462
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikrai View Post
Dear Friends

I have finalized on Endeavour 2.2 AT Titanium. But with this Cess news coming up I am in dilemma to go for 3.2 AT Titanium immediately (choice color available) or wait for 2.2 AT for next 30 days.

Further I would also request to let me know the mileage difference between both the models.

I felt the 2.2 was peppy enough for city drive but ended up buying 3.2.
The 3.2 gives you much more confidence. Couple of weeks ago I had this experience in one of the Bangalore outskirts road, which had turned into slush. Some of the heavier 2WD like a Renault Logan got completely stuck. I mean front wheel was just spinning. No matter what you do in such situation the weight will not come to your help.
That is where the 4WD is so much helpful. You know, no matter what the road becomes, even if it gets flooded, you can get out.
Go for the 3.2 just for that confidence and additional safety.
Old 3rd September 2017, 16:13   #2463
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Though I think the 2.2 will be easier to drive in the city.
Not really. The 2.2L is competent in the city and no owner will complain about its performance <100 kmph. But that doesn't make it better in the city than the 3.2L which offers you good city as well as highway performance.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:03   #2464
BHPian

Was wondering if anyone was able to negotiate a fancy discount in the DELHI area for 2.2 or 3.2.

I test drove the 3.2 a few days ago and felt that the gearbox was a little confused, however, my family is adamant on an SUV and endeavor feels like the best option at the moment.

Did anyone here get a discount? Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2017, 00:28   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends
A few questions about the new Endeavour.
1. What is the best way for running in the vehicle ?
2. The GPS / navigation voice info is very loud. Saw the settings and muted the voice. Is there any way to reduce the volume ?
3. The 1st and 2nd gear shift in the 3.2L is quite loud and a bit sluggish. Is it same for all new 3.2's and does it reduce with time ? (Have done only 500 odd kilometres)
Old 4th September 2017, 09:05   #2466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Was wondering if anyone was able to negotiate a fancy discount in the DELHI area for 2.2 or 3.2.
Due to GST increase news, most of the models/variants are not in stocks. With all Fortuners sold out, many of guys are buying endeavours in addition to the persons who would have normally planned purchases during festival months are preponing. You will need to find a willing dealer, sit with cheque and try to get say some accessories or 3rd/4th Year warranty without charge. Or perhaps can try for 50 k discount. If you are ok in buying at Chandigarh, try Saluja Motors, nice guys eager to make sales.

Quote:
What is the best way for running in the vehicle ?
Go on a long drive, instead of running in the traffic, take her say Goa or nearby. Don't drive at any fixed RPM's for long and don't cross 3000 RPM's. Similarly, avoid hard braking.

Quote:
The 1st and 2nd gear shift in the 3.2L is quite loud and a bit sluggish.
gearbox is with kind of learning software, take her out on the highway and it will behave differently. You can try sports position of that suits you. Although all engines are reportedly Bench Run-In, it's always a good idea to drive carefully for 1000-2000 km. And nothing beat the highway run in my opinion given the crazy traffic in cities.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 16:10   #2467
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends
A few questions about the new Endeavour.
1. What is the best way for running in the vehicle ?
The user manual just asks to be gentle with the brakes for first 500 Km's, not drive at a constant RPM for too long (first 2500 Km's), warm up the engine for a minute before loading it, idle the engine for a minute before shutting it down. 2500 RPM limit is not an issue as the gearbox in D mode hardly allows the engine to go above 2500 RPM. So, avoid long traffic jams prone city runs and keep varying your speeds on highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Did anyone here get a discount? Thanks in advance.
I got 80K cash discount on a 2.2Trend and ford preferred insurance for 63K but that was before the announcement for cess increase was out. Now, the dealers would be almost obliging you for even providing you a car, let alone a discount. But, you can try your luck.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 18:01   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I got 80K cash discount on a 2.2Trend and ford preferred insurance for 63K but that was before the announcement for cess increase was out. Now, the dealers would be almost obliging you for even providing you a car, let alone a discount. But, you can try your luck.
Thanks a lot for the help. Also, I felt that the 3.2 was slightly lazy to respond to throttle inputs. Does the 2.2 pull effectively enough with 7 on board or does it feel lethargic?
Old 4th September 2017, 23:17   #2469

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on Team BHP and on this thread. I was looking to buy my first first-hand car after driving a pre-owned Hyundai Getz for seven years. Long story short, I picked up my new Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium going from booking to delivery in seven days August 10th-August 16th, 2017, of which four days (12-15) were bank holidays.

I read this official review thread twice back to back (all 162 pages at that time), that made me choose the Ford Endeavour. I named mine Fendy.

Fendy is in his run-in period and had a minor hiccup for which he's gone to the service center and after that he will be off to Ultimate Detailerz for his shots. As much as I am tempted to post a photo in his diapers (read: delivery ribbons and seat plastic), I intend to make him more presentable.

Thanks to everyone on this forum whose experiences and insights were super helpful and to the moderators who gave me the access to this forum.

I'll revert back with a detailed ownership review. I have to do the groundwork to meet the standards set on this forum and still have a lot to learn about Fendy.

Cheers
Rahul
rreiki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 06:42   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
So I checked with my sales advisor and they are ready to provide 4th year warranty for ₹ 25017. Thinking of going in for it.
Hi
Is it for new purchases only or the existing users can also buy this 4th year warranty?

Cheers
Old 5th September 2017, 09:17   #2471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
3. The 1st and 2nd gear shift in the 3.2L is quite loud and a bit sluggish. Is it same for all new 3.2's and does it reduce with time ? (Have done only 500 odd kilometres)
There is a PCM update which seems to resolve it pretty well. Here is some more information from a sister forum.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post547130

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th September 2017 at 11:59. Reason: Linking to the specific post about PCM :)
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:17   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on Team BHP and on this thread. I was looking to buy my first first-hand car after driving a pre-owned Hyundai Getz for seven years. Long story short, I picked up my new Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium going from booking to delivery in seven days August 10th-August 16th, 2017, of which four days (12-15) were bank holidays.
Getz to the all new Endy. That's quite a jump I should say. Many congratulations on your prized acquisition! Waiting for the pictures!

How does it feel to ride the Getz now?
@Chaand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 12:37   #2473

Thank you @Chaand.

The Getz is now eleven years old, seven since I've had her. Its unfair for me to look down upon my Getz which managed to clock 120kmph and even touch 140kmph between Bangalore and Hyderabad. I think the Getz is ready for an overhaul so maybe I'll go to Head over Wheels and put the fire back in.

On a side note, I do miss the manual gearshift and my left hand and leg feel paralyzed in the Endeavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Getz to the all new Endy. That's quite a jump I should say. Many congratulations on your prized acquisition! Waiting for the pictures!

How does it feel to ride the Getz now?
Old 6th September 2017, 10:25   #2474

Hello,
Fendy went into to get checked for the hiccup and then the service center guys found he needed major surgery.

The Hiccup
Within a couple of days of driving the car, I started to notice the following when I took a turn and applied the brakes:
1) A clunking sound that was muted when in the cabin. (realized on the outside, it is quite loud).
2) Sometimes, a shudder as if someone hit the car but actually, no one was around.
3) Sounds of a rear wheel turning as if it lost traction (not sure if this is the right way to describe it)

Initial Diagnosis
The suspects the mechanics investigated:
1) Are there any objects clunking in the cargo area
2) Moved the silencer and it looked like the silencer was moving
3) Faulty installation of autocop module caused the sound.
4) Removed the rear wheel and they thought the brake assembly was hitting something. (in fact, when they did something, it started screeching along with the clunking )

(I had a bad first impression of the diagnosis when they hoisted Fendy on the hydraulic lift and one side of the lift arm was not properly aligned with rubber pads which caused Fendy to rest with the metal side step on the arm. After telling them a couple of times, they set it properly)

Extended Diagnosis
The service rep said that I had to leave the vehicle for two days for them to diagnose the problem. They said a senior technician will come and take a look.

The Surgery
The service rep came back today and said that the entire differential assembly will be replaced as the differential is faulty and have ordered the parts. He said one in 100 cars have this problem. It just turns out mine was the one.

Before I took the vehicle to the service center, I initiated a conversation with Ford via their customer email. I dropped them an update. The service rep was a bit worried and told me not to drop any email. My first impressions with Ford are very positive as they have been proactively following up with me each time and patiently answering my questions and it appears that they keep a close watch on dealers.

I will now have to wait for Fendy to come back by Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks
Rahul
rreiki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 10:51   #2475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Thanks a lot for the help. Also, I felt that the 3.2 was slightly lazy to respond to throttle inputs. Does the 2.2 pull effectively enough with 7 on board or does it feel lethargic?
Hadn't got a chance till now to load it with 7 people but my 2.2 doesn't feel lethargic when i push the acc. pedal enough. Since its in running in period am not pushing it much. Also as my other cars are grand i10-D and city zx with 0-100 times of 17-18 sec, endy with 12.5sec feels definitely sprightly. As N.devdath has suggested you can try PCM update for resolving your sluggishness issue.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks