Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 16:25   #2476
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post
Hello,

1) A clunking sound that was muted when in the cabin. (realized on the outside, it is quite loud).
2) Sometimes, a shudder as if someone hit the car but actually, no one was around.
3) Sounds of a rear wheel turning as if it lost traction (not sure if this is the right way to describe it)

Thanks
Rahul
Where is the clunking sound coming from. Also, I too have heard the shudder on occasion from rear left tyre but not necessarily when taking a turn. Should probably get it checked.

Thanks,
Prateek
Old 6th September 2017, 16:37   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends
2. The GPS / navigation voice info is very loud. Saw the settings and muted the voice. Is there any way to reduce the volume ?
While the navigation voice is on, you can turn the volume dial to adjust the notification volume.

HTH
Old 6th September 2017, 16:42   #2478

Prateek,
The clunking sound was coming from the rear differential when I was in a turn and applied brakes, or just turning.

The service rep told me that there was water in the differential, possibly mixed in with the oil. I am not very familiar with how that happens, so I'll have to ask the service rep to show me where they saw water when I go and meet them.

If the shudder is reproducible, worth getting it checked.

thanks
Rahul

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Where is the clunking sound coming from. Also, I too have heard the shudder on occasion from rear left tyre but not necessarily when taking a turn. Should probably get it checked.

Thanks,
Prateek
Old 6th September 2017, 17:16   #2479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The service rep told me that there was water in the differential, possibly mixed in with the oil. I am not very familiar with how that happens, so I'll have to ask the service rep to show me where they saw water when I go and meet them.
Woah this is nasty, how can a new car get water in differential. Usually this happens in very old vehicles with a busted oil seal. Eagerly watching your updates once you receive the complete update and vehicle back.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:23   #2480
BANNED

Quote:
Prateek,
The clunking sound was coming from the rear differential when I was in a turn and applied brakes, or just turning.

Water gets into differentials through the breather hole which is present in all differentials around the world. Bangalore has been seeing a lot of rain off late. Did you ford in water deep enough to submerge your differential by any chance, say under an underpass or at any one of our man made road-rivers?

Once water gets into the diff, it will change the color of the diff oil into a whitish pale shade of brown and it is best to have the oil replaced asap. You cannot see it separately since it mixes with the oil in the diff when it turns.

The clunking sound that you mention can also come from the cross joints in the propellor shaft if they weren't lubricated/ran out of grease or had water in grease (due to reasons mentioned above). Ideally, none of this warrants a replacement and is an easy fix, re-lubrication.

Which ASC are you dealing with?
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 23:16   #2481

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which ASC are you dealing with?
I would have expected that for the Ford Endeavour with the 800mm water wading, the breather would at least be higher or they moved the breather tube higher up. I haven't taken the car out in any man made road-rivers and neither has the vehicle been placed in a flooded basement.

The vehicle is just in its run-in period and I haven't tried any stunts yet. I got a call from Ford as I was posting them directly of any issues and then going to the dealer. Today, Ford customer care called me after I posted an update, and they said they were co-ordinating with the dealer and they had asked the dealer to raise a replacement for the differential and that they are going to take care of it.

Not sure what ASC means. Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Woah this is nasty, how can a new car get water in differential. Usually this happens in very old vehicles with a busted oil seal. Eagerly watching your updates once you receive the complete update and vehicle back.
I am guessing either the seals were not proper or if they do test out water fording in a simulation, they never checked the oil. I'll try and probe in a bit more when I go there next.
Old 7th September 2017, 07:51   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
Fendy went into to get checked for the hiccup and then the service center guys found he needed major surgery.

The Hiccup
Within a couple of days of driving the car, I started to notice the following when I took a turn and applied the brakes:
1) A clunking sound that was muted when in the cabin. (realized on the outside, it is quite loud).
2) Sometimes, a shudder as if someone hit the car but actually, no one was around.
3) Sounds of a rear wheel turning as if it lost traction (not sure if this is the right way to describe it)
I have faced similar issue in my endeavour around 10k kms back. But in my case the sound is constant and it kept on increasing with speed. The sound starts at around 60 mph and increases. The rear differential was promptly replaced by Ford. I have always kept Ford India in the loop and it definitely fastened the process. However they do not have an answer when I asked them the reason for the sound. After the replacement I have done around 10,000/- kms and couple of long drives in between, never noticed the sound so far.

more details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4215630
Old 7th September 2017, 12:32   #2483
BANNED

Quote:
Not sure what ASC means. Apologies.
Authorized Service Centre.

Which one are you dealing with?

Quote:
I would have expected that for the Ford Endeavour with the 800mm water wading, the breather would at least be higher or they moved the breather tube higher up.
Water wading depth is the depth upto which a vehicle can go without getting air into the intake and keeping the battery and other electrical components safe. No OEMs fit breather pipe, they only have breather holes and hence it is not advisable to tread into water which submerges the differential without a breather pipe. However, some water ingestion should not result in such a noise or damage.

Also, since you have never gone into water, it doesn't look like it is a water related issue, which is not good news. Send me a PM if things don't move in the right direction, I ll get someone working on it.

Last edited by n.devdath : 7th September 2017 at 12:38.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 12:57   #2484

Quote:
Authorized Service Centre.

Which one are you dealing with?
Ah, its Metro Ford, St. Marks Road.

Quote:
Also, since you have never gone into water, it doesn't look like it is a water related issue, which is not good news. Send me a PM if things don't move in the right direction, I ll get someone working on it.
Thank you very much! I will let you know how things go. For now, it seems like Ford India has taken ownership of the problem. I tried probing into what the issue was, and the service rep said there may be a problem with the bearing or something inside the differential and that Ford told them to just replace the entire differential assembly.
Old 8th September 2017, 15:02   #2485
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Warranties up to 6 years available now - related thread (Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km)!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 09:39   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is awesome news, how and where to purchase the extended warranty? Is there additional details available?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th September 2017, 15:23   #2487
BHPian

Hello Endeavour Owners and Admirers,

I had loved this car since its launch and had plans to buy it soon. But the missing of certain things such as paddle shifts, keyless entry etc (I know they are non-issues if the car is awesome. Fortuner is a NO for me.

Then came the news of the Skoda kodiaq lauch. And I started waiting.

I was very much looking forward to this Skoda Product BUT the news that is coming in mere 148 PS has badly spoiled my mood and made me disappointed

What do the other fellow members think about the power for a Seven Seater? I feel it won't that fun to drive as an 188 PS would be and would be sluggish and very mediocre with nothing special on the engine/driving front. Need your opinion.

I really hope this is just speculation and we still get the 188 PS (AutoCar India can also be wrong at times, isn't it?) BUT in case we don't which other 7 seater can be considered with style, practicality and fun to drive factor. NO Hyundai or Toyota for no significant reasons.

Now, the big question, "How is the top model of Ford Endeavour?"

Can you guys please give me a detailed response and help me pick a car as we need the delivery latest by Diwali (unless a showstopper is around the corner in the next couple of months)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th September 2017, 22:54   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post

Now, the big question, "How is the top model of Ford Endeavour?"

Can you guys please give me a detailed response and help me pick a car as we need the delivery latest by Diwali (unless a showstopper is around the corner in the next couple of months)?

Thanks in advance.
I took an extensive test drive of the top 3.2 model recently and felt that the gearbox was pretty confused. If you are looking for a big SUV, you might have to compromise on the fun to drive element (at least on tarmac as it's pretty fun once taken for off-roading).

I drive a BMW 320d on a regular basis, therefore, that definitely contributed to my initial disappointment. However, it'll be hard to find an SUV that can rival a sedan in terms of fun to drive element (unless you go for the Germans, I've heard the new AUDI Q7 is pretty good).

The best bet for now is definitely the Endeavour. Kodiaq won't look as dominating or bulky as the ford. Therefore, the best value for money (although I believe the top end of the ford is heavily overpriced) will be the Endeavour.

If 7 seats and the size isn't your big requirement and you also want something a little fun to drive, then try the base model of the BMW X1. It is very quick on it's feet and will give you a completely different experience driving wise.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 10th September 2017 at 22:55.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 08:18   #2489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
I was very much looking forward to this Skoda Product BUT the news that is coming in mere 148 PS has badly spoiled my mood and made me disappointed
Do not go by the numbers alone if you can wait and take a test drive before signing the cheque. The Endy doesn't feel like a 200bhp machine too, and that is due to its GB and weight. The Kodiaq is a very smartly engineered SUV which is lighter and more agile compared to the Endy.

Since you need a 7 seater SUV, there aren't many options other than the Kodiaq, Endy and the Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
I took an extensive test drive of the top 3.2 model recently and felt that the gearbox was pretty confused.
Completely agree with you, the GB is the most underwhelming part of the entire package, and when compared to a DSG or a ZF, is a letdown. There is no beating the X1 when compared to this.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 09:22   #2490
BHPian

Quote:

Since you need a 7 seater SUV, there aren't many options other than the Kodiaq, Endy and the Fortuner.

Thanks n.devdath for the reply. Can you suggest few options?

Completely agree with you, the GB is the most underwhelming part of the entire package, and when compared to a DSG or a ZF, is a letdown. There is no beating the X1 when compared to this.
How much will the top of the line X1 cost and can it seat 5 comfortably?

What are you thoughts about the Kodiaq?

Thanks again

Most Viewed