Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 10:00   #2491
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
How much will the top of the line X1 cost and can it seat 5 comfortably?

What are you thoughts about the Kodiaq?
Prices are available online and there are generally lucrative discounts offered by the Germans. The X1, just like any other premium offering is a very comfortable 4 seater but a teenager can sit in the middle seat easily. Take a test drive and you will be smitten by the experience.

I have not driven the Kodiaq yet so apart from the fact that is is bound to be "clever", spacious and very well made, I can't say a lot till it is launched.

PS: No point continuing this discussion on the Endy thread, let's take it on the What Car section from here on.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:26   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
I took an extensive test drive of the top 3.2 model recently and felt that the gearbox was pretty confused.
You had recognized it very well. This is true. Some of our mates may not agree to this, But I am sure the Engine - gearbox has some confusion.
I drive 2.2, and I have the same issue. You cannot be aggressive when you really want to, changing from 2nd to 3rd takes a long time, with increased RPM we only get annoyed by the roar.

To my surprise at times, this issue vanishes, and gear shifts quickly and becomes responsive to throttle. Ford says it has something 'self-learning' about the driving style, after 1.5 years, mine yet to learn me.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:33   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I drive 2.2, and I have the same issue. You cannot be aggressive when you really want to, changing from 2nd to 3rd takes a long time, with increased RPM we only get annoyed by the roar.
I would agree to this. The shift point seems to be at 2000 rpm. Whereas ideally it should be at 1500. The 1500-2000 zone yields only noise and not much acceleration. It gets going again once it shifts up. I have been trying the let go of accelerator technique to get it to shift up (as mentioned by a bhpian), and it does work. But I just wonder if it will lead to training it to expect this kind of a blip on the accelerator input, rather than changing up itself.

If there was some way to change the shift point of the transmission, it would be ideal.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 13:39   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
I would agree to this. The shift point seems to be at 2000 rpm. Whereas ideally it should be at 1500. The 1500-2000 zone yields only noise and not much acceleration. It gets going again once it shifts up. I have been trying the let go of accelerator technique to get it to shift up (as mentioned by a bhpian), and it does work. But I just wonder if it will lead to training it to expect this kind of a blip on the accelerator input, rather than changing up itself.

If there was some way to change the shift point of the transmission, it would be ideal.
Yes, it works. If we don't hurry up, it works well - sometimes at the right interval - But still times lethargically. There is no solution to this - we have to live with that, and I do not know if Ford has any fix to it. This is the only complaint I would ever make on this vehicle.
Old 11th September 2017, 17:19   #2495
BHPian

Ouch. Just spoke to my Ford SA and he says that the minimum price hike after GST revision is going to be 2.5 (probably more). This brings the top end variant to a whopping 38-39 Lacs in Delhi. Completely making it appear heavily overpriced now.

Oddly enough, at least companies like BMW offer fat discounts but Ford doesn't. Weird.
Old 11th September 2017, 19:41   #2496
BHPian

So the over revving is an actual issue.

My wife took the test drive last month as she has been very keen on the vehicle. While sitting in the backseat I was wondering about accelerator input and the response. I made the assumption there is something that she wasn't doing right as it was her first in an AT. At this time heavily leaning to several segments lower - V Cross !!

The price quote I had was 35.48 Noida. (Includes over a LAC for insurance). After the irrational tax increase it would land around 37 LACS. probably overpriced but then barely any alternatives that can match this vehicle.
Old 11th September 2017, 22:38   #2497

I wonder if its just a PCM module update since my understanding is that the switching is controlled electronically. However, I hope Ford reads these threads and pushes out an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Yes, it works. If we don't hurry up, it works well - sometimes at the right interval - But still times lethargically. There is no solution to this - we have to live with that, and I do not know if Ford has any fix to it. This is the only complaint I would ever make on this vehicle.
If we compare the Germans against the Ford Endeavour, my current understanding is that the maintenance cost on the Ford is cheaper. Multiple people told me the high maintenance costs for the Germans offset any discounts they may offer. Is there any thread in Team BHP that compares the long term maintenance cost of the Ford Endeavour (new or old) against a similar BMW?

On a separate note, Fendy's differential assembly arrived today and the service representative mentioned that they will assemble it and take it for a test drive of 15-20 kms to ensure its working fine and give me the vehicle tomorrow.

What can I check in addition to the testing that the basic problem is fixed? I have asked to see the OBD to see if there are any module updates.
Old 12th September 2017, 09:10   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post
I wonder if its just a PCM module update since my understanding is that the switching is controlled electronically. However, I hope Ford reads these threads and pushes out an update
If Ford can fix it with a PCM update, that would be fantastic.

I noticed an issue vanished. Early last year I made a complaint to Ford customer care about the aircon - in which the recycle button has to be switched each time manually. When the vehicle goes off, recycle button goes off too. This was a headache, as each time when I take the vehicle I had to enable it manually as if I forget only the bad odor from outside reminded me to switch it on.

To my surprise - Ford service said it was a feature! In this thread, some of the bhpians said they had similar issues even in other cars.

But again to my surprise - I noticed it was fixed automatically. How did they do it? I do not think even in the service center they did it? I am still puzzled by that.

BTW, Anyone connected wifi in the Audio system? Does that have anything useful? I saw on app section and found it supports a mapping app Glympse. Did anyone try?

Also - I installed an app - Ford Owners - It is not even popping out any service reminders. Has anyone some interesting apps?
Old 12th September 2017, 13:06   #2499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Also is there any word about Manual Transmission? Possibility of it getting re-introduced.. anything that you heard?
I won't say I will go ahead and buy one tomorrow but if a 4X4 is introduced in 2.2 liter engine with a MT, I will surely be tempted.

My average monthly running of the SUV is close 3,000 kms a month and my personal would be close to 7,500 (with other 4 wheelers) and it just won't be feasible to drive a gas guzzling 3.2 liter.

My experience of Ford and its CC (customer care & ASC) was good between 2011 to 2014. Hope Ford launches one in MT and 4X4.
Old 12th September 2017, 13:17   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I won't say I will go ahead and buy one tomorrow but if a 4X4 is introduced in 2.2 liter engine with a MT, I will surely be tempted.
Same here. I need to replace my XUV and was thinking between Ford and Jeep. 2.2 AT Titanium is costing me 25 lakhs on road and Compass Longitude would be around 20 (i guess, haven't taken the on road price yet). So if Ford comes out with MT in 2.2 with 4*4, would blindly go for it.
Ford are you listening or watching this
Old 12th September 2017, 14:40   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Same here. I need to replace my XUV and was thinking between Ford and Jeep. 2.2 AT Titanium is costing me 25 lakhs on road and Compass Longitude would be around 20 (i guess, haven't taken the on road price yet). So if Ford comes out with MT in 2.2 with 4*4, would blindly go for it.
Ford are you listening or watching this
If I am not wrong, there was a 2.2 MT 4X4 variant earlier. However Ford have discontinued it and its unlikely to be introduced again.

It seems that Ford is keen only on the AT box for all variants. Fair enough. However, the thing is that if one needs a 4x4 and 6 airbags, 3.2 Titatium AT is the only option.

Why not have a top spec 2.2 4x4 Titanium AT variant? So buyers can have the top spec variants in the engine of their choice. I for one would be one of the first buyers.. :-)

Ford please.

Last edited by nvldvr : 12th September 2017 at 14:56.
Old 12th September 2017, 16:57   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
2.2 AT Titanium is costing me 25 lakhs on road and Compass Longitude would be around 20 (i guess, haven't taken the on road price yet).

Are you sure the 2.2 titanium is 25 Lacs on road? Last I checked it was almost 32 lacs in delhi and after this recent GST revision, it'll be 35 lacs on road. Did you get some sort of a discount or a deal?
Old 12th September 2017, 18:40   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
If I am not wrong, there was a 2.2 MT 4X4 variant earlier. However Ford have discontinued it and its unlikely to be introduced again.
Yes they did initially but then all of a sudden they decided to go all AT. God knows why

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Are you sure the 2.2 titanium is 25 Lacs on road? Last I checked it was almost 32 lacs in delhi and after this recent GST revision, it'll be 35 lacs on road. Did you get some sort of a discount or a deal?
Sorry i forgot to mention that 25 on road is through CSD (canteen). 2.2 AT Trend is 23 on road.
Old 13th September 2017, 22:28   #2504
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded to 5 or 6 year extended warranty?
I have 3 year warranty (2 factory warranty + 1 year extended warranty) at this time.
What would be the cost to extend this to 5 years or 6 years please?
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2017, 01:14   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Has anyone upgraded to 5 or 6 year extended warranty?
I have 3 year warranty (2 factory warranty + 1 year extended warranty) at this time.
What would be the cost to extend this to 5 years or 6 years please?
Thanks in advance.

The extended 3 years (year 4, 5, 6) costs totally about 1.2 lakhs. According to me this is too steep. If it was included in the vehicle price itself then it was ok. Also the mileage of 1 lakh kms. remains same. Toyota offers 7 years on the new Fortuner.
Probably Ford is listening to its customers but the amount is too steep.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks