Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:06   #2506
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

A fellow member asked me a couple of questions, I thought of posting here as well for new buyers

1. How has been the after sales experience in servicing?

Not required yet apart from the initial glitch due to a failed sensor at the time of delivery. The dealership took all efforts and even offered to replace the car in case something serious issue was found, luckily it was diagnosed to a sensor. They changed it with a new one and everything is fine since then, I have only done about 5000 Km or so. But my other car which my colleagues now uses has done 50,000 Km and he is overall happy.Though service is not of Toyota standards but improving gradually as per his views. He used to drive an Innova before and is in Ahmedabad. Overall service here in Chandigarh is surely better.

2. Whats the typical cost of a service?

It should be more like Toyota only, brake pads are something you need to consider but guess its same with every makes, these are heavy 4x4 Auto trucks so you can expect about 15- 30,000 Km depending on your style and area of usage.

3. What are the top cons or negatives of the endy?

Great driving position and a gem of an engine. It's very solidly built Truck and feels premium. FORD could have easily priced Titanium @ 35 Lac or beyond Ex-Showroom and people would have still bought who can appreciate the differences with T-Fort. I believe missing Start/ Stop is one such feature that I will surely like to have on a vehicle in this price range. I have heard people complaining about gearbox but I think if you start hitting the pedal to the floor it does behave differently. Just stop looking at mileage though I have now started loving sound of the engine when we press accelerate it little harder. I think most of us take that sound as a deterrent and go slow, perhaps drive with a Bose noise canceling headsets on a secluded stretch with a co-passenger on front and then check is the gearbox the culprit or is it just a psychological reaction to engine sounds that makes us go slow while accelerating.

4. How has it aged in the year and half? Is it as good as new or seemed to aged quicker?

The old one is indeed around this old and looks brand new, no rattles or anything despite so much mileage.

5. Any other special point you could add or point out is really helpful

Can go ahead with this truck, its a segment above and one of the most VFM vehicle available in India across all segments.

6. Whats the avg, city and highway fuel efficiency?

It's about 9-10 in city and highways on spirited driving but with speeds up to 120-130, you should get 11-12 easily.

7. What thoughts compared to the new Endeavour

I don't get this we are discussing new Endy only! If you mean Fortuner- than Endy is surely one level up in my opinion.

Thanks.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd September 2017 at 14:20.
Turbanator is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 09:01   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

3. What are the top cons or negatives of the endy?

I believe missing Start/ Stop is one such feature that I will surely like to have on a vehicle in this price range.
I checked this with a knowledgeable SA recently. Apparently you cannot have push button start with MyKey option. Push button start comes with remote intelligent key, so car would have a hard time recognizing which key to run on if both are nearby etc. Also intelligent key has no insertion slot, that would make reprogramming the 2nd key a bit easier. I guess hence Ford decided to do away with push button start for vehicles equipped with MyKey feature.
I would have preferred intelligent key over MyKey. But then MyKey gives a peace of mind. Recently a teenager died in Bangalore after he took his dad's car for a spin late in the night.
Old 24th September 2017, 09:20   #2508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Apparently you cannot have push button start with MyKey option
I don't think so, have a look here besides to me this whole concept looks too complicated, I have not even tried setting this up.

From the FORD Everest Manual

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...ralia_2015.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20170924-9.18.30-am.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Keys.pdf (111.2 KB, 733 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th September 2017 at 09:24.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 09:51   #2509

Hello Friends,

1. I'm a Newbie and this is my first post in 'The Community'. I have been following this thread since its inception to keep myself updated in regard with my dream car; Endeavour.

2. After stablizing my finances and saving enough, I took the plunge this year and booked the "Big One" on 26 Aug, from Cargo Ford, Vadodara. Needless to say, credit for this decision goes to each and every Moderator & Member who through their impartial and original views guided me into it.

3. Taking a cue from these advices, I speeded up my payment process before the onset of proposed cess by GST council and got the paper work done on 9th Sep. Finally, took the delivery of 3.2 Titanium "TANK" on 18th Sep.

4. After driving it for 100 odd kms, it is prsently parked at Parent's place in Vadodara. Planned to drive it down to my work place Hyderabad, after Diwali, with Wife & Kids.

5. Once again, I thank you all for your recommendation & guidance. Posting some pics below to share my moment of happiness with all my Community Friends.Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20170918wa0028.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20170918wa0033.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-p_20170918_135723_1_p.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-p_20170918_135732_1_p.jpg
ashu1810 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 16:35   #2510
Senior - BHPian

Good day friends
Completed 2000 kms. on my new Ford endeavour 3.2 L titanium. Very satisfied with the vehicle except for the average. Well what can you expect from this monster ?
A few things what Ford can improve / add.
1. TPMS - Even though it's there its only an alarm. It does not show individual tyres pressure.
2. 5th tyre should be same irrespective of any reasons.
3. Ford must give choice of tyres as per customer request including choice of 20 inch tyres.
4. Off roading body kit from Ford itself as assessory so as not to void any warranty.
5. Additional years warranty at nominal costs and not 1 lakh plus.
6. Better lights.
7. Fuel tank should have been 100 litres instead of 80.

Just a thought.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 17:50   #2511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
I checked this with a knowledgeable SA recently.
====
Recently a teenager died in Bangalore after he took his dad's car for a spin late in the night.
Turbanator has explained correctly from the manual.

Quote:
I don't think so, have a look here besides to me this whole concept looks too complicated, I have not even tried setting this up.

From the FORD Everest Manual

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...ralia_2015.pdf
Yes Admin key takes the preference over the other key. I had played around and set this up when we took delivery, next day brother calls me and asks why the vehicle is making warning sounds when he was driving lol Told him to use the other key till i get home and reset the settings.

It is quiet easy to delete off the admin key, steps are easy and explained well inside the manual.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 18:54   #2512
BHPian

@ ashu1810

Congratulations to you on the purchase of the Red beast. I wish you miles and miles of fantastic ownership and great memories.

This car has the best road presence especially when viewed in the rear view mirror and I have personally seen smaller cars or autos make way for this mighty beast when she comes barreling down the highway.

Keep updating this thread with any accessories planned and your driving experience too.
A break up of costs involved in the purchase too would be appreciated - since it was pre-GST revision.
Would love to read a detailed ownership thread which I am sure you will get down to penning once you have learnt more about this beautiful beast.

Happy driving and be safe always.
Old 26th September 2017, 06:45   #2513

Quote:
Congratulations to you on the purchase of the Red beast. I wish you miles and miles of fantastic ownership and great memories.
Thank you Ithaca.

Quote:
This car has the best road presence especially when viewed in the rear view mirror and I have personally seen smaller cars or autos make way for this mighty beast when she comes barreling down the highway.
Couldn't agree more, as my priority one reason in favour of this car was its front look; menacing yet gentle. Something like a big brother, whose comforting company everyone wants, but, nobody dares challenge.

Quote:
Keep updating this thread with any accessories planned and your driving experience too.
At present, nudge bar (company fitted) is the only additional accessory that I have installed, which although I felt was bit expensive, but, is a necessary protection for the front bumper. Planned for a dashcam too, before undertaking my first long trip from Vadodara to Hyderabad in Nov.

Quote:
A break up of costs involved in the purchase too would be appreciated - since it was pre-GST revision.
Cost breakup :
29.89L(ex showroom) + 1.29L(RTO) + 72,000(Insurance) + 20,524(Extended warranty for 3rd year) + 9,200(Company accessories,i.e,mud flaps, floor mats etc. Strange that it is being charged. Hope, in future, they don't charge extra for steering wheel ) + 20,890(1% TCS) + 60,000(Nudge bar) = 33L approx.

Quote:
Would love to read a detailed ownership thread which I am sure you will get down to penning once you have learnt more about this beautiful beast.
Happy driving and be safe always.
I will surely do that, and keep everyone updated in regard with my experiences with this vehicle. Thank you once again.
ashu1810 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 09:11   #2514

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello Endeavour Owners and Admirers,

Cost breakup :
29.89L(ex showroom) + 1.29L(RTO) + 72,000(Insurance) + 20,524(Extended warranty for 3rd year) + 9,200(Company accessories,i.e,mud flaps, floor mats etc. Strange that it is being charged. Hope, in future, they don't charge extra for steering wheel ) + 20,890(1% TCS) + 60,000(Nudge bar) = 33L approx.
The RTO charges are only 1.29L whereas in Bangalore, its 6L!!

Other news
Fendy is back! Fendy's differential assembly was replaced and I have driven 300kms since and haven't seen the knocking issue. Fendy also went for detailing/ceramic coat to Ultimate Detailerz, Sarjapur. I haven't posted any pics of Fendy till now, so here's the first one!

There's a nudge bar I still need to get fitted.

I have started to write an ownership thread, and hopefully in a couple of weeks, I'll have it ready.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1747.jpg  

rreiki is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 11:28   #2515
BANNED

Has anyone tried to get extended warranty beyond 3rd year? The dealer has no clue and are not offering extended warranty beyond 3rd year. I got a call from india assistance company who offered me 3 & 4 year extended warranty for 43K. They claim to have taken a request from my side for cancellation of 3rd year warranty, the amount for which i have to collect from my dealership. They have also sent me a link for making online payment. Am not sure if i should pay them. I have dropped an email to custmail@ford asking them for clarification. Does anyone here have any clue what this 'India assistance mapfre' company is all about.
Old 26th September 2017, 22:37   #2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Has anyone tried to get extended warranty beyond 3rd year? The dealer has no clue and are not offering extended warranty beyond 3rd year.
I too enquired about extended warranty beyond 3rd year from Cargo Ford. They said that nothing has come officially in this regard.

Quote:
I got a call from india assistance company who offered me 3 & 4 year extended warranty for 43K.
My advice would be to avoid & ignore.
Old 27th September 2017, 00:47   #2517

Quote:
A fellow member asked me a couple of questions, I thought of posting here as well for new buyers

6. Whats the avg, city and highway fuel efficiency?

It's about 9-10 in city and highways on spirited driving but with speeds up to 120-130, you should get 11-12 easily.
Does the 9-10 in city happen after the run in period? My average has been miserable at 13.8L/100km.

An interesting thing to note: Under fuel economy menu, there is a screen which shows a moving bar that varies depending on how much you accelerate. If you floor the pedal, that bar goes all the way to 30L/100km. As you pick up speed and don't floor the pedal, that can drop all the way down to 2L/100km. Did anyone else notice that?
Old 27th September 2017, 06:35   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreiki View Post
Does the 9-10 in city happen after the run in period? My average has been miserable at 13.8L/100km.

An interesting thing to note: Under fuel economy menu, there is a screen which shows a moving bar that varies depending on how much you accelerate. If you floor the pedal, that bar goes all the way to 30L/100km. As you pick up speed and don't floor the pedal, that can drop all the way down to 2L/100km. Did anyone else notice that?
You may want to change the measurement to kms/litre in the menu which is more suitable for India
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 08:04   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu1810 View Post
Cost breakup :
@ ashu1810

Thank you for the cost break up. Much appreciated.

On a few Verna posts, i have seen that Floor Lamination is an official accessory.
Checked Ford India website but there is no mention of it.

If your dealer provides this, does this seem like a good accessory to go in for - given the size and beige nature of the interiors.
I guess it would be cheaper to do at the roadside accessories shops and while maybe even 3M may offer this, 3M and the dealer could be expensive.
Old 27th September 2017, 08:12   #2520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, Banglore traffic is not city traffic any longer I believe, some other terms need to be found for such traffic probably. I have mentioned my experience mostly in Chandigarh and Gurgaon occasionally but I don't drive to work at Gurgaon so hardly get peak traffic. In Chandigarh traffic is still low except some peak hours which I avoid.

You are getting around 7,25 Kmpl which looks Ok if your routine is bumper traffic in Banglore. Perhaps you can take her out on a long drive sometime and then measure mileage.

Quote:
that bar goes all the way to 30L/100km. As you pick up speed and don't floor the pedal, that can drop all the way down to 2L/100km.
Yes, this feature is available on many cars and denotes instantaneous average, when you accelerate, more fuel is consumed so you see mileage going down to 30L/100 meaning 3,3 Kmpl whereas when you are not pushing the accelerator, fuel is consumed much less so it drops to 2L/100 i.e 20 Kmpl.

as rightly suggested by nareshtrao, you should change units in settings for easy understanding.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th September 2017 at 08:21.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks