Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 17:20   #2566

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Thanks to all for good inputs.

I tried giving a long press for voice inputs in sync 3 for climate but could not get any success.

Will request if someone has an experience of using sync 3 while Android auto is on.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats, do post some pictures here
=======
I find ok but I hardly drive at night these days.
ravikrai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:21   #2567
BHPian

My endeavour's right headlamp leveler malfunctioned. Gave it to be replaced and was done. Now, the headlamps are completely out of focus, they shine too low. Levelers are working. Company guys don't know what to be done, they say its good but I know its certainly not. I never had any problems before. What can be done? Iam near chennai. TIA.
drjones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 19:48   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
My endeavour's right headlamp leveler malfunctioned. Gave it to be replaced and was done. Now, the headlamps are completely out of focus, they shine too low. Levelers are working. Company guys don't know what to be done, they say its good but I know its certainly not. I never had any problems before. What can be done? Iam near chennai. TIA.
I recall you purchased in the earlier lot with some of us. Surprising it took so long for it to malfunction. Mine conked in 4 months and was replaced by the new improved part that is now standard fitment.

Please call the Ford helpline and log a complaint. They will depute a senior technician / qualified person to step in if dealer has not been able to solve the problem. Offer to drive down to Chennai if needed - if not too far. They have some good guys there.

Normally Ford help line is very supportive. I am sure they will find the right resources within the company. Do follow up with a mail for record sake. If nothing works, try to find out the name of your region RSM (Regional Service Manager) and ask to speak to her/him. That does help.

p.s. I am also told that both the headlamps need to be replaced for proper alignment as they are interconnected. Not sure how sound that logic is technically. Since in my case both had gone kaput, I had them both replaced. I recall some of our group members here have had only one replaced and working fine.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 18th October 2017 at 19:59.
nareshtrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:19   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I recall you purchased in the earlier lot with some of us. Surprising it took so long for it to malfunction. Mine conked in 4 months and was replaced by the new improved part that is now standard fitment.

Please call the Ford helpline and log a complaint. They will depute a senior technician / qualified person to step in if dealer has not been able to solve the problem. Offer to drive down to Chennai if needed - if not too far. They have some good guys there.

Normally Ford help line is very supportive. I am sure they will find the right resources within the company. Do follow up with a mail for record sake. If nothing works, try to find out the name of your region RSM (Regional Service Manager) and ask to speak to her/him. That does help.

p.s. I am also told that both the headlamps need to be replaced for proper alignment as they are interconnected. Not sure how sound that logic is technically. Since in my case both had gone kaput, I had them both replaced. I recall some of our group members here have had only one replaced and working fine.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sure is helpful. Will follow through.
drjones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 13:08   #2570
BHPian

http://www.cartoq.com/fords-5-new-up...ars-for-india/

Ford to launch 4 facelifts in the next one year, reaffirming their commitment to India market.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:14   #2571
BHPian

I am facing a problem with the steering. While driving there is a feeling as if there is some play in the steering. there is a mild vibration to the steering while driving. I am sorry i am not good at describing it technically, imagine two gears which have a play, i get that kind of a feeling while driving, even acknowledged by the SA at Dhone Ford, Pune. There is no play when the vehicle is still he has checked the lower arms, ball joint, tire end, etc but not able to identify the problem.
Dhone Ford is a new dealership. Please recommend a good ford dealership which has experience with dealing with endeavour. Talera is the only other dealer available in Pune. i am also facing a similar issue as one of our existing members regarding radio not able to tune into stations will try to check if an update is available and it solves the problem.
Any dealer in Mumbai recommended for service ? I can travel to Mumbai if i am sure to get the problem identified.
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 14:19   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
There is a screw on top of the headlight which you will need a screw driver to access. They fixed my headlights the same way. Its easily visible once you open the bonnet. Cheers.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 16:36   #2573
BHPian

Just spoke to one of the dealers in Chennai and to my surprise got to understand that Ford has discontinued Trend 2.2 AT as well silently. The dealer says that he has got this info over the last 2 weeks.He also said that that there is no official communication for 6yrs EW and that there is only 5 yrs (for which he is not sure about the price point). On the contrary the Ford Website shows 4 yrs.

Think, Ford is messing up with the Endy big time. No wonder why it sells only 25% of the Tfort despite being a better vehicle overall.
Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 17:21   #2574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Just spoke to one of the dealers in Chennai and to my surprise got to understand that Ford has discontinued Trend 2.2 AT as well silently. The dealer says that he has got this info over the last 2 weeks.He also said that that there is no official communication for 6yrs EW and that there is only 5 yrs (for which he is not sure about the price point). On the contrary the Ford Website shows 4 yrs.

Think, Ford is messing up with the Endy big time. No wonder why it sells only 25% of the Tfort despite being a better vehicle overall.

Ford is definitely messing up with the Endeavour. The endeavour is such a beautiful and VFM vehicle. Coming to the 2.2L trend then it's a very basic model with not so many features. However saying this it is still a wonderful vehicle for those who are passionate and cannot afford the top model.
Coming to the Fortuner, I spoke to two owners and they agreed that the Endeavour is very much a better vehicle but they bought the Fortuner only because of the resale value and robust service of Toyota.
Ford needs to rethink their strategies for the Endeavour before it becomes an endangered species like the old Endeavour. I think they are very busy with the sales of the Ecosports which is doing very well and making huge profits for the company. But they must reliase that it's 1/3rd the price of the Endeavour.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 09:13   #2575
BHPian

I was really sceptical about the endeavour service cost, long term maintenance, spare parts cost and resale value.

For past three months I was evaluating my next vehicle. The serious contenders are Tucson, Crysta, Fortuner and endeavour.

As I am six feet tall I test drove Fortuner, and driver seating was not at all comfortable and started getting back pain and absolutely there is not thigh support. So outrightly eliminated it from my list.

Now my brain says Crysta but my heart says Tucson or Endy... I am following all the three threads and in a confused state.

My main factors for selecting a vehicle are diesel, automatic, top end version, highway safety, bigger boot, good build quality, good service network, resale value.
naren_kk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 11:26   #2576
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Coming to the Fortuner, I spoke to two owners and they agreed that the Endeavour is very much a better vehicle but they bought the Fortuner only because of the resale value and robust service of Toyota.
As an erstwhile Ford Endeavour previous generation owner, i bought the new Fortuner.

The two points mentioned by the owners are very valid. More than these, the intangible, PEACE OF MIND, in owning the Fortuner drives its sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk View Post
As I am six feet tall I test drove Fortuner, and driver seating was not at all comfortable and started getting back pain and absolutely there is not thigh support. So outrightly eliminated it from my list.

I am 6' 2" and I'm absolutely at ease while driving my Fortuner. I have driven the truck non stop to Bangalore, without any issues.

Quote:
My main factors for selecting a vehicle are diesel, automatic, top end version, highway safety, bigger boot, good build quality, good service network, resale value.
The Innova Crysta top end ticks all the boxes, but the Fortuner is on a much higher level. You should test drive the Fortuner once again.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 13:27   #2577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Ford endeavour ticks all boxes except for resale value. However that's still debatable as you may still get the normal value after the standard market depreciation when you sell your vehicle. Coming to service then Ford is definitely improving.
The Endeavour is far more superior than the Fortuner and this is proved by the various videos on YouTube.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 14:06   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
As an erstwhile Ford Endeavour previous generation owner, i bought the new Fortuner.

The two points mentioned by the owners are very valid. More than these, the intangible, PEACE OF MIND, in owning the Fortuner drives its sales.

I am 6' 2" and I'm absolutely at ease while driving my Fortuner. I have driven the truck non stop to Bangalore, without any issues.

The Innova Crysta top end ticks all the boxes, but the Fortuner is on a much higher level. You should test drive the Fortuner once again.

Definitely I will go ahead and do the test drive once again. Probably beginning of next year with open minded.
naren_kk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 17:10   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
For past three months I was evaluating my next vehicle. The serious contenders are Tucson, Crysta, Fortuner and endeavour. My main factors for selecting a vehicle are diesel, automatic, top end version, highway safety, bigger boot, good build quality, good service network, resale value.

Since you have ruled out T-Fortuner, then it is easy! Go for Endy. That's a proper SUV and internationally at least a notch above Fortuner. Check out in Australia the price for both and you will see. Endy is priced more than Fortuner.

There are caveats with Ford products. Their Service, resale value and last but not least the niggles. Service seems to be better and their commitment to India shows clearly when they started advertising the service costs upfront. Resale value for anything other than Toyota is lower and American and European cars shed value like no other. But the driving satisfaction you get from a Ford is too good comparing Japanese and that too Toyota. Especially owning Endy and driving on our roads, you will get your money back easily! You will be looking down on most of the cars!
I will rule out those wannabe SUVs like Tucson et all. Just go for Endy.

Last edited by sgmuser : 5th November 2017 at 17:12. Reason: typo
Old 5th November 2017, 18:25   #2580
BHPian

Why I am very keen on service cost, spare parts and resale value because I currently have Renault Fluence Diesel variant. The normal ten thousand kms service cost will be approx 20K and feel this is costlier. But one thing I appreciate in my car is niggles free and no rattling sound. It's been 5 years and driven 80K kms.
Probably I am going test drive both Endy and Fortuner back to back by early next year and come to conclusion.

Most Viewed