Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:28   #2671
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I have clocked 20,000 kms in one year in my 3.2 endeavour without any issues.
My only concern is the bumpy ride,I am running 30 psi all round,still feel the thuds and bumps in the middle seat.Any fix for this?
IMO low speed ride (any load) is very good. High speed ride on undulating road (not rutted that is but carpeted dips and troughs) when lightly loaded is poor, but improves remarkably on the same stretches when fully loaded. I drive a 2.2 AT on stock tires.
Old 23rd December 2017, 08:46   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
IMO low speed ride (any load) is very good. High speed ride on undulating road (not rutted that is but carpeted dips and troughs) when lightly loaded is poor, but improves remarkably on the same stretches when fully loaded. I drive a 2.2 AT on stock tires.
Good point. What I have noticed is a slight rocking, front and rear. But as soon as the third row is occupied or the boot is loaded, there is significant improvement.
I thought the middle row is the best seat on this vehicle, perched between the 2 axles, for minimal disturbance. But I have noticed couple of folks in this forum complain about middle row ride. May be tires, or may be comparison to some German sedans ?
Old 23rd December 2017, 15:25   #2673
Team-BHP Support

As per the sales executive from the next door Ford showroom, the 2.2 Endeavour will go through a variant / feature shuffle end of next month. They're currently sitting on zero stock of 2.2 variants. The 3.2 (readily available in almost all colors) has a 1 lac discount which I'd expect only to go deeper with a face to face booking.
manson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 16:17   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Good point. What I have noticed is a slight rocking, front and rear. But as soon as the third row is occupied or the boot is loaded, there is significant improvement.
I thought the middle row is the best seat on this vehicle, perched between the 2 axles, for minimal disturbance. But I have noticed couple of folks in this forum complain about middle row ride. May be tires, or may be comparison to some German sedans ?
We have the Xuv500 and I found the endeavor's ride quality to be on par if not better than the Xuv. Even with 3 people onboard and 32psi in all 4 tyres, the ride quality was quite good.
You cannot compare the endeavor with other softroaders and sedans but Expect a little bumpiness for a higher ground clearance vehicle.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 23rd December 2017 at 16:19.
rambo1o1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 18:01   #2675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
As per the sales executive from the next door Ford showroom, the 2.2 Endeavour will go through a variant / feature shuffle end of this month.
The SM here too verifies the same. Probably a Titanium variant to be added. I just hope they come up with 2.2 4WD, MT, Titanium variant.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 22:26   #2676
BHPian

50,000 Kms UPDATE

Our endeavour crossed 50,000 kms sometime mid november. Have sent the vehicle for general service at 'Fortune Ford, Tolichowki'. We had a puncture due to nail on front left tyre of the car sometime back and that is when realised that one of Lug nuts of the wheel couldn't be removed as the threading is gone. Luckily, we were able to get the puncture repaired without removing the wheel. That is when we checked all the nuts and to our surprise total 3 wheel nuts were damaged and needs to replaced. So, I have mentioned the same to my friend and SA to take care of the same along with the service.

Apart from the general service which included oil and filters change, 3 wheel nuts were changed, got the software updated to the latest version (do not have the details of the same) and also I was told they replaced the automatic headlight levellers as a part of recall (?silent) from Ford.

Total Cost for the service is Rs 7,179/- which included approximately Rs 1,000/- which is the cost of 3 wheel nuts. I had to change the tyres twice outside the service centre which is where the nuts might have been damaged. Overall, very happy with the vehicle so far and hope it continues to be same in future.

I would like to hear from other owners if the headlight levellers have been changed on their endeavours too!
harsha.muvva is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 15:01   #2677
BHPian

I had problems with the wheel nuts too. Once my rear tyre got torn by an iron rod in Leh - Manali road and I couldn't remove a nut. Luckily an army vehicle stopped and the driver helped unscrew it. I bought a local screw for Rs 50 in Chandigarh and replaced it with original Ford nuts after reaching home. But to my surprise the new nuts also easily lost its threads and again became difficult to remove it. This time I did not bother to buy expensive new nuts from Ford and instead bought it from a local shop. Seems like nuts from Ford is soft.
Old 24th December 2017, 17:26   #2678
BHPian

The problem with nuts is probably due to the pneumatic tools used in the workshops, wherein sometimes the socket slips or they tighten it too much.
One idea would be to ask them to do so with the OEM wheel spanner only.
Old 25th December 2017, 06:23   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
As per the sales executive from the next door Ford showroom, the 2.2 Endeavour will go through a variant / feature shuffle end of next month. They're currently sitting on zero stock of 2.2 variants. The 3.2 (readily available in almost all colors) has a 1 lac discount which I'd expect only to go deeper with a face to face booking.
Same thing I was told by both the dealerships except they said that the Titanium variant for the 2.2 is rumoured to be getting a sunroof amongst other little changes.
wannabelean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 06:43   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
50,000 Kms UPDATE

Apart from the general service which included oil and filters change, 3 wheel nuts were changed, got the software updated to the latest version (do not have the details of the same) and also I was told they replaced the automatic headlight levellers as a part of recall (?silent) from Ford.

I would like to hear from other owners if the headlight levellers have been changed on their endeavours too!
Yes. Ford has issued a silent recall for Headlamp levelers. All Endeavours coming for service have a mandatory check if the Headlamps belong to the prior batch or later. If prior, they replace the leveling motors.

Earlier they were replacing the entire Headlamp assembly which costed a bomb. Later the motor replacement started for those who had issues. Now it is being done for all.
nareshtrao is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 08:09   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Yes. Ford has issued a silent recall for Headlamp levelers. All Endeavours coming for service have a mandatory check if the Headlamps belong to the prior batch or later. If prior, they replace the leveling motors.

Earlier they were replacing the entire Headlamp assembly which costed a bomb. Later the motor replacement started for those who had issues. Now it is being done for all.
Good to hear that they are replacing it for all the endeavours.

But my headlight throw and intensity was OK before the replacement. Now after changing the motors, the throw in low beam is hardly 15 feet and high beam is no better making it totally impossible to drive at night. Top of that now I am not able to adjust the beam with the help of screws on top of the headlight (I have done this when the car was new). Sending the vehicle again to get this sorted out. My guess is they replaced the new motors which they replaced are faulty
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 08:50   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Good to hear that they are replacing it for all the endeavours.

But my headlight throw and intensity was OK before the replacement. Now after changing the motors, the throw in low beam is hardly 15 feet and high beam is no better making it totally impossible to drive at night. Top of that now I am not able to adjust the beam with the help of screws on top of the headlight (I have done this when the car was new). Sending the vehicle again to get this sorted out. My guess is they replaced the new motors which they replaced are faulty
I would think the leveling using manual screws has not been done correctly. I doubt the new motors will have issues. Perhaps the mechanic who fitted did not complete the job by re-leveling the entire assembly after new motors were installed.

They normally park against a meter (photo sensitive) which also measures height and intensity of light in lumens to correctly align the entire assembly. It comes on a stand with wheels and they push is from one headlamp to the other. Finally they park the vehicle 10-15 ft against a white wall to complete the process by checking.
Old 25th December 2017, 09:28   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I would think the leveling using manual screws has not been done correctly. I doubt the new motors will have issues. Perhaps the mechanic who fitted did not complete the job by re-leveling the entire assembly after new motors were installed.

They normally park against a meter (photo sensitive) which also measures height and intensity of light in lumens to correctly align the entire assembly. It comes on a stand with wheels and they push is from one headlamp to the other. Finally they park the vehicle 10-15 ft against a white wall to complete the process by checking.
Well, I tried adjusting the screws manually. There is no effect whatsoever with the rotation of screws unlike before.
So my guess is either the leveller has not been connected properly or something wrong with the motor itself.

On a different how is the performance after the replacement with new motors?? Significantly better?
Old 25th December 2017, 14:54   #2684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelean View Post
Same thing I was told by both the dealerships except they said that the Titanium variant for the 2.2 is rumoured to be getting a sunroof amongst other little changes.
That should complete the wishlist of most prospective 2.2 Endeavour buyers. With that one change alone the 2.2 will grab a chunk of sales from the 3.2 Endeavour.
Old 25th December 2017, 17:40   #2685
BHPian

What if they get a 2.2 Titanium with sunroof and TMS or 4x4? That would really get them a lot of customers I guess.

But then till date Ford has only removed the 2.2 variants one by one, and I somehow feel they are interested in only the 3.2 titanium now.

Most Viewed