Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2018, 13:21   #2776
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

A close friend and a 3.2 Titanium Owner has posted this for the benefit of all: -
Quote:
***Adding Apps to Android Auto (Implemented for SYNC 3) ***
Quote:
The compatibility of SYNC3 system with Android Auto makes for endless possibilities. Out of the many apps there might be available, have installed a few apps on the phone which take the experience of Android Auto to the next level.

a. Mini OBD2AA Free: Before buying the full version, I am still trying out the free version of the app. The free version has restriction for 4 gauges and uses Torque Pro app with ELM327 based OBD2 reader for displaying data. When you switch to the app, you immediately get the feel of being more connected to the truck knowing what it is doing / feeling. The Torque Pro app can show plethora of information and using custom PIDs, I was able to get the TPMS pressure readouts on the screen.

Getting the feel of information

TPMS data

b. CarStream: The default SYNC3 system cannot play videos. This app allows you to view YouTube on the SYNC3 system and can even play the video files stored on the phone. Goes without saying that this app should be used responsibly when the vehicle is not moving.

Screen

c. Widgets: As the name suggest, this simply adds one widget to the Android Auto page. Most of the widgets which can be put on the phone screen are available here too.

Screen

The installation process is simple and is detailed by each of the developer in form of text / video. To consolidate the information, writing the steps that I performed.

1. You need to be a developer on the Android phone. To do that, tap the build number in settings 5-10 times and a message will confirm the same.

2. Scroll in the developer options and allow installation from unknown sources.

3. Install the app downloaded.

4. Open Android Auto on phone and click the 3 horizontal lines icon on Top left to open Settings then click on About.

5. Tap 10-15 times on the top header ‘About Android Auto’ to become a developer.

6. Once a message pops-up confirming same, open settings form the 3 vertical dots and click on Developer settings.

7. Scroll to the ‘Unknown sources’ option and put a check mark.

These steps need to be performed only once on a phone after which the app can be installed and should work on SYNC3 through Android Auto.

Links from where the apps can be downloaded:

a. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-auto-t3679166

b. http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/

c. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-auto-t3744179

Disclaimer: I am no way associated with the developers and am sharing what I have done to heighten my experience of the SYNC3. Do it at your own risk as I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for any consequences it may have.
In case any of us needs further information or his co-ordinates, please send me a PM and I will connect you.
n.devdath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 14:11   #2777
BHPian

Noticed the neat packing inside doors of Endeavour vs Fortuner on FB page of Motor Concept. It looks brilliant to spot such packaging inside doors of Endeavour whereas Fortuner looks quite bare bones. These cars are having the ICE updated with more powerful speakers. Not seen either of them personally, just commenting based on these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fb_img_1516446618669.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fb_img_1516446630165.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fb_img_1516446648141.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 06:52   #2778
BHPian

Hope to see Ford launching the raptor kits in India soon, now that it is in Thailand.
https://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2019-ranger_raptor/
Old 8th February 2018, 08:06   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Panoramic sunroof now available on the 2.2 l Titanium. Nice add on.
Old 9th February 2018, 00:28   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has idea when Endy facelift will be on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
2018 Ford Everest/Endeavour spy shots from Thailand.
Wow! that red color is really really awesome. Wish they get this color here.
Old 11th February 2018, 00:11   #2781
BHPian

I got a new ford endeavour 3.2 titanium. Runs like a dream except one small problem . The pedal vibrates over 2000rpm and it is very annoying for otherwise an excellent car. Anyone experience the same or fixed it
V12Doc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 00:36   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
I got a new ford endeavour 3.2 titanium. Runs like a dream except one small problem . The pedal vibrates over 2000rpm and it is very annoying for otherwise an excellent car. Anyone experience the same or fixed it
Congratulations.

Please get it checked at nearest service center. Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issue. Mine runs without any vibrations.
Old 11th February 2018, 02:34   #2783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone has idea when Endy facelift will be on sale?
It's coming very soon, few weeks surely (maximum April) and also a price increase of a Lac or so due to recent custom hike. In all probability, they will wait and see what Toyota does. But the changes are very minimal as seen in pictures elsewhere.

Quote:
The pedal vibrates over 2000rpm and it is very annoying for otherwise an excellent car
Not sure what you mean as it's mostly a silent cabin. Check some other vehicles or even a test drive one.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th February 2018 at 02:36.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 04:43   #2784
BHPian

I am moving back to India after almost half a decade 'Down Under'. Have been driving the 'Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland' here but was looking to buy the 3.24x4 Ford Endeavour 2018 once I am back. Posting here to understand what to expect, have read through this thread but had few questions below:

1) When is the New Endy 2018 coming into India - Seen it here (Everest in OZ) on the roads, looks great ! Members have already mentioned 'ONLY cosmetic' changes, is that all you are expecting....?

2) Anyone see major problem with drive-ability - Saw the post where there was a mention of a Wobble - I used to drive the Safari2.2 back in 2012-13 and that was a very smooth ride of-course TATA customer service was sad at the time.

Any other points to look at when considering to buy?
Old 12th February 2018, 08:06   #2785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Seen it here (Everest in OZ) on the roads, looks great
We get the same truck as being sold in Australia since past 2 Years, the new one being referred has small changes like Start/Stop push button and is not available anywhere yet.

Quote:
Saw the post where there was a mention of a Wobble
Where do you read this? I don't think this is even a concern, we get the same truck as being sold elsewhere and there are absolutely no issues on driveability reported.

Quote:
I used to drive the Safari2.2 back in 2012-13
Automobiles manufactured in India are very different now, even from Tata Just that traffic is a nightmare at most of the places despite improvement in roads.

Quote:
Do compare with Fortuner and take a decision.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th February 2018 at 08:18.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 20:42   #2786
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post

As per all the reviews, Endy is far better than Fortuner.

but i suggest you drive both and take a decision
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 01:13   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It's coming very soon, few weeks surely (maximum April) and also a price increase of a Lac or so due to recent custom hike. In all probability, they will wait and see what Toyota does. But the changes are very minimal as seen in pictures elsewhere.
1Lac price hike Wish they introduce the red color into the options (Crysta touring sport shade).

2017 (Dec) manufactured vehicles are at a discount of 1.5L & 2018 model expected to hit the dealers shortly. I guess those should be selling without any discount until the new facelift is launched.

Used endy have hit the market, though very minimal in numbers....30k done 2016 models at 25L.

BTW, Toyota's are known for their super reliability engine which can easily cross 3L kms...how about this FORD Endy? If it can run like Toyota (3L kms plus), then choosing a used one at a discounted price of 40% seems VFM
Old 13th February 2018, 10:15   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
A close friend and a 3.2 Titanium Owner has posted this for the benefit of all:
Thanks for bringing this in. I have already done this on my Sync and Android phone. However I do not recommend people to do it for multiple reasons, primary reason being safety. Poor video quality on Sync and risking your phone are some other reasons.

I had come across the refered blog while searching net for Sync software update.

For the benefit of people who are still interested, here are the snaps. Once again I would like to emphasize that please do not go for it and if at all you decide to install, you would be doing it at your own risk.

Intial screen

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180213_095857.jpg

Full screen mode

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180213_095916.jpg

Last edited by Wanderers : 13th February 2018 at 10:18.
Old 13th February 2018, 10:37   #2789
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
BTW, Toyota's are known for their super reliability engine which can easily cross 3L kms...how about this FORD Endy? If it can run like Toyota (3L kms plus), then choosing a used one at a discounted price of 40% seems VFM
I don't know what's this fuss about engine reliability. These days most diesel engines easily last more than 2-3L Km's if serviced regularly. My relatives 1.3 ddis from fiat has crossed 2.5L km's and it's pretty much doing fine. Ford is such a big brand with a history, am pretty sure its engines would be atleast as good as a Fiat if not Toyota. In India, logic has no place, 'bhed chal' works, and people love spreading false rumors devoid of facts.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 12:01   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I don't know what's this fuss about engine reliability. These days most diesel engines easily last more than 2-3L Km's if serviced regularly. My relatives 1.3 ddis from fiat has crossed 2.5L km's and it's pretty much doing fine. Ford is such a big brand with a history, am pretty sure its engines would be atleast as good as a Fiat if not Toyota. In India, logic has no place, 'bhed chal' works, and people love spreading false rumors devoid of facts.
I have to rephrase my earlier post....As you rightly pointed out, engine of XUV that I own, is doing good at 150k kms without any fuss....but I face issues on reliability like clutch failure thrice (twice struck on road), Turbo failure, warning signs showing up on instrument cluster while on highway etc.

Not taking into account on replacing the wear and tear parts like steering grip, power window motors replacements etc. Vehicle has been regularly serviced & maintained well.

Iam under the impression that such issues wont crop up with manufacturers like Toyota. Previously I had owned a Fiesta, but didn't faced much of problems as I sold it somewhere around 80K on odo. If I decide to go with Endy, I intend to keep the vehicle for a minimum 8 yrs or so & would be approximately doing in excess of 3L kms given. Hence wanted to check on the long term reliability on these aspects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks