Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 12:49   #2791
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Automobiles manufactured in India are very different now, even from Tata Just that traffic is a nightmare at most of the places despite improvement in roads.
TATA well, I have to drive one to believe it!

Agree - Driving in Pune has become a royal pain in the wrong place. Road Rage is so prevalent that I felt everyone steps out of the house to just abuse someone on the roads!! Faced this on almost every yearly visit to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do compare with Fortuner and take a decision.
Don't know if I want to do this again, I drove the Fortuner 2014 (Mumbai to Pune, 5 ppl) Not Impressed at all! It felt like a larger boat than the Safari 2.2 was. And surely a bumpy ride even with a full house on board!
JUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 13:20   #2792
BHPian

Hi.. After doing lot of math, I have nailed down to two vehicles - Ford Endeavour 2.2 Titanium OR Toyota Fortuner 4X2 AT. For past one week I could not able to finalize w.r.t reliability (Fortuner) Vs fit & finish (Endy)

I have doubts in the Endeavour's long term reliability. I need to keep the vehicle for 10 yrs with 2 lakh kms.

I am confused. Sometimes my mind says Fortuner but looking at the finish and engine noise inside the cabin I feel ... Is it value for money?

Sometimes I feel inclined towards Endy but reliability and service cost comes into my picture. I had a bad experience in owning a Ford Ikon 1.8D and need to do the engine work at 1 lakh kms and from that time it was problematic till we sold it

I went to Nandi Toyota (Hosur Road) in Bangalore and somehow the sales representative is not showing any interest in selling their SUV to me. Seems to be they are very lethargic.

Any suggestions and inputs will be well noted for my decisions

Last edited by Aditya : 13th February 2018 at 16:26. Reason: Typos
naren_kk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 14:24   #2793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need to keep the vehicle for 10 yrs with 2 lakh kms.
Will suggest Toyota in that case, even though Ford is doing everything right and Endeavour is better equipped, if you want to keep the truck for an extended period, I will put my money on Toyota. But if you are someone, who don't bother with resales or occasional repairs, go with Ford.

Quote:
I drove the Fortuner 2014 (Mumbai to Pune, 5 ppl) Not Impressed at all!
That one must be the older model.
Old 13th February 2018, 17:47   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk View Post
I need to keep the vehicle for 10 yrs with 2 lakh kms.
Sir,

I think you just answered your own question. I would suggest you to go for the Toyota.

I can recollect a few people (eg: BHPian MAS) who went for the new Fortuner just for the sake of reliability, if I'm not wrong. Also, I can see that you have the 2.2 titanium as your option. If you're a kind of person who just enjoys more power, just go for the Toyota for those extra horses.

Toyota would never fail you when it comes to reliability.

Cheers,
karthi.stark
Old 14th February 2018, 02:33   #2795
BHPian

Look what I found in my FB Feed this morning....Says coming soon to OZ!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_9607-2.jpg  

JUDA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 04:28   #2796
BHPian

So a 4 days and 1000km with the endeavour. One of the finest cars or SUV you can buy in India. Very value for money. Can give these luxury badge full size SUV a proper competition.
Upgraded tyres to 285/60/18 Yoko. The ride quality is better so is the car height and stance

Having some niggles and problems if anyone can guide me on that

1. Whistling noise from front windshield
2. Wind noise
3. some fit and finish issues
4. Accelerator Pedal Vibration over 2000 rpm ( read somewhere it's the throttle wire ? )

Last edited by V12Doc : 14th February 2018 at 04:30.
V12Doc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:41   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
So a 4 days and 1000km with the endeavour. One of the finest cars or SUV you can buy in India. Very value for money. Can give these luxury badge full size SUV a proper competition.
Upgraded tyres to 285/60/18 Yoko. The ride quality is better so is the car height and stance

Having some niggles and problems if anyone can guide me on that

1. Whistling noise from front windshield
2. Wind noise
3. some fit and finish issues
4. Accelerator Pedal Vibration over 2000 rpm ( read somewhere it's the throttle wire ? )

Can you elaborate a bit on these issues:
1. Whistling noise from front windshield : What speed are you experiencing this at ? Post 120 or lesser.
2. Wind noise: Same question - beyond what speed ? Also - do you have window visors installed ?
3. some fit and finish issues : this is rather strange and hence got my curiosity - I believe Endy is one of the better ones in this category. Curious to know which niggles you found (maybe I am living with it and didn't notice)
4. Accelerator Pedal Vibration over 2000 rpm : Is this like a push-back you feel from the gas pedal ?
Old 14th February 2018, 11:31   #2798
BHPian

Just wanted to share an update after the PCM update. Mine is a manual 4X4 one. The gear shift is so smooth after the update. Earlier the gear shift (both up-shift and downshift) for 1 and 2 were heavy most of the times (compared to the smooth transitions at stationary). I have complained about this to the service center. (The service center was Fortune Ford Hyderabad). The torque delivery in lower RPM's is much better now.

Another issue I had was with my headlight. The throw of High beam was very short. As per the technician, the alignment of the High beam bulb was put it in the lowermost position, he adjusted it with a spanner and now the throw is good.
Old 14th February 2018, 13:14   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Can you elaborate a bit on these issues:
1. Whistling noise from front windshield : What speed are you experiencing this at ? Post 120 or lesser.
2. Wind noise: Same question - beyond what speed ? Also - do you have window visors installed ?
3. some fit and finish issues : this is rather strange and hence got my curiosity - I believe Endy is one of the better ones in this category. Curious to know which niggles you found (maybe I am living with it and didn't notice)
4. Accelerator Pedal Vibration over 2000 rpm : Is this like a push-back you feel from the gas pedal ?
1. The whistling wind noise starts at 85-90 for the windshield and 110 for aide mirrors

2. Fit and finish is the near the ac panel there is misalignment of plastics on passenger side

3. The vibration is not push back. It's more like a phone vibrating
Old 14th February 2018, 13:39   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Just wanted to share an update after the PCM update. Mine is a manual 4X4 one.
Hi Anumod, can you share your impressions on the 2.2 4x4 variant? Especially the driveability/ power delivery and ease of use of the gear box.

You think it would be worth looking for this particular trim in the used market?
Old 14th February 2018, 14:29   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi Anumod, can you share your impressions on the 2.2 4x4 variant? Especially the driveability/ power delivery and ease of use of the gear box.

You think it would be worth looking for this particular trim in the used market?
If you get some manual available in the used market and you are an enthusiast who love to drive a manual, I would recommend you to go ahead with this. The drive ability is very good. The low end torque is also very good for the city maneuvering. I rarely move to first gear in slow moving traffic. When you are on highway, you feel a little bit tiresome when you want to overtake, because of 2.2 engine. (But compared to automatic, this is better in this case as well). The gear box is very user friendly, the only issue I was facing was some kind of tightness once in a while for first and second gear, now that is also gone with the PCM update.
Old 14th February 2018, 20:36   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
When you are on highway, you feel a little bit tiresome when you want to overtake, because of 2.2 engine. (But compared to automatic, this is better in this case as well).
May be you can think of a tuning box in future

https://www.chipexpress.com/products/ford/everest/
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 21:25   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post

I checked the above link. As per the site this is a simple plug and play device which can significantly increase the power and torque figures on both 2.2 and 3.2 variants.

MK 2.2TDCi - 198ps with 512nm
MK 3.2TDCi - 253ps with 604nm

The other side is it will also boost fuel economy by 20%. How come such mod can increase fuel economy I assume such mods have a negative impact on fuel consumption.

Looking at the power figures with increased fuel economy this seems to be tempting. Will there be any warranty issues although we can remove this before sending to service center. Has anyone else tried this?
Old 15th February 2018, 09:17   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post

Not now, will take the 6 year warranty as well. So only after 6 years
Old 15th February 2018, 14:35   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Not now, will take the 6 year warranty as well. So only after 6 years
The site says that it doesn't affect your warranty.

Plus what would you guys suggest, dieseltronic or chipexpress?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks