Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 17:09   #2806
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Dieseltronic would be better. Go for the the dual one. Local seller local warranty. Is there any document on endeavours transmission? The specs of it?
Old 15th February 2018, 17:51   #2807
Team-BHP Support

Avoid these tuning chips, I had some bad experience with RaceChip on mine X5, Rail Pressure errors. And the car will have so many jerks/ violent movement at the standstill that I had to get it removed. Practically Zero after sales support by these websites or their Indian counterparts.

Better enjoy the beast in stock form. The engine is reasonably good and responsive, the only thing that bothers is gearbox most of the time.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th February 2018 at 17:53.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 20:26   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
. The engine is reasonably good and responsive, the only thing that bothers is gearbox most of the time.
Have you got the latest PCM update done? The gear shift is really smooth after the update, even for my manual one.
Old 16th February 2018, 00:00   #2809
BHPian

Car makers are notorious for price revisions at their whim. Some companies, are more guilty than others. Each time the price goes up, we understandably shudder, refresh some cuss vocabulary and mumble. But what's interesting is how quickly, our minds reset the benchmarks and we grow used to the new price.

I wonder if there's a tracker for these price fluctuations somewhere, or is it intentionally best left forgotten in crumpled dealership price list printouts?

Well, the new Ford Endeavour has had MORE than its fair share of price revisions, the fluctuations, sometimes putting some blue chips to shame.Then there's the matter of Variants appearing and disappearing like Houdini in his straitjacket.

With the facelift around the corner, and the Damocles sword of impending Govt duties price hike, this seems to be an appropriate time to recap the lifecycle of the Everest till date.Though not of any immediate perceivable value, just for what it's worth, I have compiled the timeline of the Endy since its inception.

As a self proclaimed admirer and a self appointed archiver of all things Everest, here is the timeline, for those of us, who find comfort in numbers...

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20180215-11.56.34-pm.png

In this span from Jan 16 - Jan 18, the only change IIRC, is the Sync3+inbuilt navigation added (a welcome relief!) and the automatic headlight washer deleted(why I wonder?).

Though today in 2018, I would be buying practically the same truck as launched in 2016, at 4 lakh dearer for the top variant,(plus the compounded effect on the OTR) I still (love the car enough to) believe, that despite where it stands at the present price point, the Endy still packs a lot, in its segment.

Let's wait and watch what the facelift brings home.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 13:11   #2810
BANNED

There are errors in your report. In june-17, the 23.78L ex showroom price was increased by around 1.5L for trend models to unlawfully take benefit of GST benefit, by ford. After GST implementation, the ex showroom was increased to 23.91L from 23.78L which is not possible as GST reduced taxes on SUV's. This can be reported to GOI as it is not allowed to take benefit of GST by sellers. The benefit needs to be passed on to buyers.
Also, 4x4 MT variant was never introduced in jul-17. I purchased mine in july, no MT was available then.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 16th February 2018 at 13:14.
Old 16th February 2018, 23:06   #2811
BHPian

1000 km in Endeavour:
Due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to plan a single day trip to one of my close friend's home town yesterday.
It was nearly a 1000 km round trip from Delhi to Lakhimpur(Uttar Pradesh). Me and my cousin brother planned to return the same day as I have to attend an urgent meeting next day.
He is currently driving my earlier possession Safari and we both have enjoyed many trips together. Coming to the drive we didn't felt any issues altogether and rather than hectic it was a pleasant affair.

The automatic transmission steals the show here and even after driving that long with few bad patches we didn't felt exhausted. I am highlighting this point as if we would have chosen Safari for this trip it would have been very difficult for us.The ease of driving an automatic either in city or highway is far better than manual. No matter what others says I will never put my money on any manual car in future.

Coming to our trip our plan was to start early around 5 a.m from Delhi but it didn't went well as I didn't slept till 3.15 (Reason: Real madrid vs PSG match).
Instead of going to bed I started around 3.30 a.m, btw my brother had 4-5 hours of sleep. I folded rear seats and created a flat bed(Pic attached) to be utilized in case required. I am slightly over 5'11'' and was able to stretch full legs easily, although I hardly got any sleep but took rest for a while. We returned to Delhi around 12.30, total 21 hours with 19 hours of driving.

I am surprised even with super aggressive driving I was still able to fetch 9.8 kmpl. I thought I will be getting hardly 6-7 kmpl as in my earlier trips with light driving it was between 9-10 kmpl. We were driving pedal to metal and were in S mode most of the time. Maybe the fuel economy has got better after 2nd service and hope this will settle around this only.

Gear shifts are much better in S mode as compared to D. Car will upshift and downshift much later and holds to keep rev high.
The other thing which we both praised is the EPS it is super light in city speeds and weighs pretty good on highways. The car remains in line even if there are any undulations. Overall I am happy with my purchase by choosing Endeavour over Hexa and its primary rival Fortuner.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180215_204345.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180216_000328.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 01:41   #2812
BHPian

Till now have driven around 1300 km in the Endeavour. Here are my observations so far

1. Learnt how to control the automatic gearbox being able to downshift and upshift using throttle input. Fuel economy increased from earlier 7kml to 10kml

2. The car is a breeze below 80kmh. Above 80kmh the whistle noise from windshield is annoying. The side mirror make wind noise above 100kmh. Expected a very silent cabin

3. There was some noise overlapping the engine noise adjusting with rpm. Not audible now. Seemed like shaft

4. Android Auto is the single most worst thing to have. Severely restricts your phone even if you are a passenger while still playing through Bluetooth. Bogs down the phone when you disconnect. Not worth the hassle

5. Tired upgraded to 285/60/18 has given a very high car height. Maybe increased body roll too. Can't tell the difference yet.

6. Car is slow for 0-100 for a 200bhp vehicle and gearbox is an adding factor. It is tuned more towards off road and towing rather than 90% on road use. Gearbox might learn according to driving patterns and hoping for the same. The culprit are the first 2 gears . 3rd gear onwards it pulls effortlessly

7. The Audio Sytem even though is great the volume is not that good for when having a blast

8. The middle row when in a comfortable position obstructs the auto folding 3rd row

9. The ride quality of the car is fantastic . Probably the best in 7 seater SUV class next to new Q7

10. The car handles bumps and potholes like they are nothing. Except a feeble thud nothing filters through

11. The overall stability of the car is amazing for an SUV for high speed drives

12. Comparing to the fortuner, Endeavour feels a segment above for everything. Looks and LED Headlamps is where fortuner beats it. Rest Endeavour is fat ahead in everything worth the premium

13. The Sync3 system is fantastic and very responsive to use so is the touch screen.

14. Ventilation system is probably the best I have seen till date and the ability to control rear from the touchscreen is very useful. The plus is that it has cooling and heating both at rear whereas fortuner only has cooling

15. The car is very tough built. Some Ritz grazed the car at rear ended up with it rear bumper torn off and not even a scratch on the Endeavour

16. Too many buttons on the steering wheel. Could be a plus or negative depending on the person.

17. Leather quality and seats are top class. Hold u in place and in utmost comfort

18. Leather padding at every place is very soft and aids to the long drive comfort.

19. Pen holder inside glove box is a waste. Couldn't fit any on my pens in there

20. Would have loved 360 camera system on the car. All round sensors even though are very helpful but 360 camera is on another level

21. The light for high beam is a bit low. Would love to know if there is a fix and what should I do for it

22. I see some endeavours with blackened headlights inside around projector. Does anyone know how to get it done ?

23. 3rd row is pretty much unusable for anyone above 5'8 - 5'9 due to no recline . Fortuner and pajero are still manageable

24. I love the global light on feature and interior lighting is top class in terms of ambience

25. The quality of every material used is very high class from leather to plastic . Just wish there was a way to use leather on all accessible areas

26. The feature list of this car is endless and probably has all the practical feature you could ask for.

27. I am not a fan of flip keys. They loosen up and dangle around. Keyless entry was a must for this class of car or push key entry like BMW and Audi. That was the reason I got annoyed with previous gen q7 as it also came with a flip key
V12Doc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 02:59   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post

6. Car is slow for 0-100 for a 200bhp vehicle and gearbox is an adding factor. It is tuned more towards off road and towing rather than 90% on road use. Gearbox might learn according to driving patterns and hoping for the same. The culprit are the first 2 gears . 3rd gear onwards it pulls effortlessly
Hmm, may be you bought the wrong car then, it looks like built for 90% off road / towing and 10% tarmac
Old 17th February 2018, 10:35   #2814
BHPian

Have you guys noticed that the AUX power remains on even after you turn the car off? This makes having dashcams, air purifiers etc a royal pain to use since you have to manually unplug them before you turn the car off. This is specially painful if you have things plugged into the power sockets in the back.

Is there a setting that one can modify to turn these off? Anyone else facing problems here? Seems like a major annoyance - I'm sure some of you have found a solution!?
Old 17th February 2018, 11:17   #2815
Senior - BHPian

That is a very Ford 'feature', which is intriguing at times. I also face the same issues and have to remember when I drive my wife's Ecosport, I have to manually plug and unplug the dash cam or other accessories. I wish Ford does something about it.
Old 17th February 2018, 11:43   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Have you guys noticed that the AUX power remains on even after you turn the car off? This makes having dashcams, air purifiers etc a royal pain to use since you have to manually unplug them before you turn the car off. This is specially painful if you have things plugged into the power sockets in the back.

Is there a setting that one can modify to turn these off? Anyone else facing problems here? Seems like a major annoyance - I'm sure some of you have found a solution!?
I have connected a dash cam, a comm radio and charging equipment for phone, gopros, Jiofi etc. permanently and it has never created problems. The dashcam takes some time powering down, but thats a matter of a few minutes. Never faced any battery issues. I think it disconnects the power after a few mins, unless I am reading this issue incorrectly.
Old 17th February 2018, 12:53   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
Never faced any battery issues. I think it disconnects the power after a few mins, unless I am reading this issue incorrectly.
Apart from this I have noticed the audio system getting turned off automatically after prolonged use with engine off. A message is displayed saying system will turn off to save battery. I think other ports will also be disabled in such situation. Will try to check next time by plugging in car charger and waiting till the message pops up. I feel we will always have enough battery to crank engine and it will not drain completely.
Old 17th February 2018, 13:02   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The EVEREST Paradigm - Global perspective on the Ford Endeavour

As I'm seriously consider plonking insanely scary 35+ big ones on the Endy, rather than on the trusted and equally loveable Fortuner, I did some number crunching to reassure myself if its really worth it. Thought I'd share it with the community.
Thanks for your detailed analysis Vignesh. This helped one of my colleague who was at the verge of booking Fortuner change his mind. We took back to back test drives of Endeavour and Fortuner. Booked Endeavour 3.2 this week as his family was impressed with Endy's superior ride quality on bad roads, presence of panoramic sunroof, Sync 3 (emergency assist), TPMS and semi-auto parallel parking assist.
murthy_p is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 13:06   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Apart from this I have noticed the audio system getting turned off automatically after prolonged use with engine off. A message is displayed saying system will turn off to save battery. I think other ports will also be disabled in such situation. Will try to check next time by plugging in car charger and waiting till the message pops up. I feel we will always have enough battery to crank engine and it will not drain completely.
In my case, I have experienced audio system freeze like a dozen times over the past 6 months. It refuses to recognise the USB drive, Bluetooth audio or CD - just plays the damn radio. Needs me to turn off the engine, take the keys out, open the driver door and wait for a minute before it resets properly and starts working again. Prolonged used hung up is also something I experienced a couple of times.
Old 17th February 2018, 14:01   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
In my case, I have experienced audio system freeze like a dozen times over the past 6 months. It refuses to recognise the USB drive, Bluetooth audio or CD - just plays the damn radio. Needs me to turn off the engine, take the keys out, open the driver door and wait for a minute before it resets properly and starts working again. Prolonged used hung up is also something I experienced a couple of times.
Assuming that you have Sync3 in your car you should not get such issues. I haven't faced any problems so far, mine is Sync3 with in built navigation feature. I usually play songs via USB no CD or Bluetooth but never faced this system hanged issue. You can check and try updating the ACM(Audio Control Module) to the latest version. If issue is not solved and the frequency is high kindly report to Ford. Do update if this is resolved.

Most Viewed