Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2018, 14:08   #2821
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Assuming that you have Sync3 in your car you should not get such issues. I haven't faced any problems so far, mine is Sync3 with in built navigation feature. I usually play songs via USB no CD or Bluetooth but never faced this system hanged issue. You can check and try updating the ACM(Audio Control Module) to the latest version. If issue is not solved and the frequency is high kindly report to Ford. Do update if this is resolved.
Thats encouraging to know - probably some bug. Mine is also Sync 3 with built in navigation. I last checked for an update in December during my 10k service but they did not have one. Will be getting the 20k service in a couple of weeks - will check the update then and post here.
Old 17th February 2018, 17:00   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from this I have noticed the audio system getting turned off automatically after prolonged use with engine off. A message is displayed saying system will turn off to save battery.
The Official Review does mention about a 'Battery Saver' Module, that is designed to save the battery by turning off a few things, when parked for long. Does it have something to do with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
Thanks for your detailed analysis Vignesh. This helped one of my colleague who was at the verge of booking Fortuner change his mind. We took back to back test drives of Endeavour and Fortuner. Booked Endeavour 3.2 this week as his family was impressed with Endy's superior ride quality on bad roads, presence of panoramic sunroof, Sync 3 (emergency assist), TPMS and semi-auto parallel parking assist.
Thanks for letting me know Murthy! I'm glad that it helped someone make an informed decision. My best regards to your colleague. Im sure that he will enjoy the 3.2. It's surely a segment above!

To state it again, some things I just love in the Endeavour which make the package sweeter:-

#Looks (personal preference, the best looker in the segment) #Panaromic Sunroof #Semiautomatic Parallel Park Assist # Active Noise Cancellation #Emergency Assistance #Ford MyKey #Auto folding last row #auto tail gate #global windows down

Though the Fortuner is, and will be the undisputed king of the segment, backed by the bulletproof Toyota reliability and the superb return on resale, small things annoy me. (eg. Lack of hydraulic automatic lifting struts for the bonnet! heck, my safari storme has it)

The same advice cemented the decision of one of my colleagues, who is also a close family friend. We took delivery of a strapping black 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium from Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar last week. 3 families went together to take the delivery and Harpreet Ford made it an occasion to remember. Kudos to the team at Harpreet. I will write a separate piece on the delivery experience later, but will leave with some pics for now.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-we.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-unknown2.jpeg

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 17th February 2018 at 17:05.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 17:46   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
I have connected a dash cam, a comm radio and charging equipment for phone, gopros, Jiofi etc. permanently and it has never created problems. The dashcam takes some time powering down, but thats a matter of a few minutes. Never faced any battery issues. I think it disconnects the power after a few mins, unless I am reading this issue incorrectly.
Thanks for your reply.

my dash cam and air purifier just don't stop. My battery ran down today and I had to call the helpline. He jump started the vehicle and we took it to the dealer. The dealer told us that we have to manually remove the OBD port, USB devices plugged in as well as appliances plugged into the cigarette lighter port.

Mine is a 2016 trend - could this have to do with sync 2 / sync 3?
Old 17th February 2018, 22:38   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Thanks for your reply.

my dash cam and air purifier just don't stop. My battery ran down today and I had to call the helpline. He jump started the vehicle and we took it to the dealer. The dealer told us that we have to manually remove the OBD port, USB devices plugged in as well as appliances plugged into the cigarette lighter port.

I have a 2016 titanium, I leave the dash cam on. No issues so far. The drain protector would cut off power after sometime. I am using the regular power outlets.
Old 18th February 2018, 19:11   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

It could be the OBD device. I had a similar issue in my i20 - as soon as I unplugged the OBD, the car battery would suddenly have the power to start. Otherwise, it felt dead.
Old 18th February 2018, 22:06   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
It could be the OBD device. I had a similar issue in my i20 - as soon as I unplugged the OBD, the car battery would suddenly have the power to start. Otherwise, it felt dead.

I didn't try that, thanks for the tip. I have a Rollr Mini constantly plugged in to the OBD. If I have another repeat of this, I'll try removing the OBD. This time though, Ford helpline started the car with a jumpstart
Old 19th February 2018, 03:20   #2827
BHPian

Another issue cropped up with the endeavour. Whenever I press the button on gear lever to change gears ,it would make a click noise only when the gear lever is in park. The light behind P on dashboard would also blink once. Only happens when in park rest of the gears it is normal.
Old 19th February 2018, 10:42   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

Interesting! I have a dash cam, Jio-fi, usb stick all plugged in. As soon as I turn the key off, the dash cam powers down immediately. This works on both the front 12V sockets.
There is a battery saver on the Endy. May be some settings issue on yours? Check and see if the Sync software can be reinstalled.
Mine is a 2017 Mar 3.2 Titanium.
Old 19th February 2018, 11:32   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Whenever I press the button on gear lever to change gears ,it would make a click noise only when the gear lever is in park.
Please press the brake pedal all the way down before shifting from "P".
Also press the gear lever button only after pressing the brake pedal.
Old 19th February 2018, 11:57   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Please press the brake pedal all the way down before shifting from "P".
Also press the gear lever button only after pressing the brake pedal.
Yes doing that only. Without that it wouldn't change gears but the noise is still there
Old 19th February 2018, 12:39   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Yes doing that only. Without that it wouldn't change gears but the noise is still there
I thought that the click sound is normal, for me it is coming from day one. Anyways it will come only once when I start after that I will rarely use P mode. I mostly use N with parking brakes on red light.
Old 19th February 2018, 21:18   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
I thought that the click sound is normal, for me it is coming from day one. Anyways it will come only once when I start after that I will rarely use P mode. I mostly use N with parking brakes on red light.
The click noise sound seems like a solenoid magnet . I don't think it should be audible
Old 20th February 2018, 14:11   #2833

Quote:
The click noise sound seems like a solenoid magnet . I don't think it should be audible
Yes, can confirm that it sounds like a relay. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 20th February 2018, 14:46   #2834

I'd like to say to those who consider Toyota reliable, please also bear in mind that the car doesn't come with all the complex bells and whistles which need to work in perfect sync throughout the time. Technically less complex objects tend to be easily maintainable with little or no input.

As far as the engine is considered, the 3.2L 6AT powerhouse has been tested thoroughly (don't forget to search on youtube for The science of truck), even in the Kalahari Botswana desert race where Ford boosted the engine to 240kW and 750Nm to be run for 3 days for 1000 kms (and they won in the segment against v8 petrol engines, the only diesel motor to do so). If the engine has survived that, am pretty sure it can survive anything that our usage can throw at it.

Coming back to the car, Ford has done just that, at the same price point it has given a car that's above the segment its selling in, with all the automation and features that its competitors dare not touch.

To begin with, we'd booked Toyota Fortuner last year, cause we needed a touring companion that's safe and stable and reliable. No one was extremely excited about the purchase in the family, since comfort and space that was available in fortuner was sub-par and didn't compare to the one in Suzuki Ciaz that we have. This was before we took a test drive of Ford Endeavour, which my father suggested after watching review videos on youtube.

Post test-drive, I spent the night researching over various blogs/forums, and next day we collect our booking cheque from Toyota, rush towards Ford showroom to book the car immediately and take delivery of it in a week. That's how we happened to own this wonderful beast of a machine.

Been 6 months since the purchase, 8k+ kms (need-to-work-on-that) , the car is an absolute delight every time I drive it. I prefer to drive in the Endy instead of taking an uber/ola into Mumbai traffic. Thing is, since the drive quality is so much good, traffic has little to no impact on the happiness you get from driving this machine. Of-course, unleashing this beast on highway (responsibly) has its perks and would be preferred any day.
dragunov11 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 20:21   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Its normal - only comes in P and the gear indicator on the dash disables the light on the display "P" when you press it.
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed