Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:18   #2851
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Basically you do not need to tumble the 2nd row flat rather use a clip provided on top of seat near head restraints to tumble it partially and then pushing it ahead.
This is how I got in, but even then it is quite difficult to get in an out and for slightly aged people, I would say almost impossible. But assuming that 3rd row will be occupied mostly by kids, I felt the seat back could have been designed without the big gap/hole for the head rest.
Old 23rd February 2018, 23:06   #2852
BHPian

Finally we took delivery of our endeavour 3.2 . The car looks menacing in black but Ford's paint quality is lower than expected and has severe orange peel effect.
Drove the 3.2 endy for 2 hrs without a break. It's an addicting car to drive. The engine growl is lovely for a diesel and does sound strained. All hell breaks in kickdown (for a 2.3 tonne SUV). The road presence is amazing and every one makes way but then there are some who automatically assume that you're in for a race and start cutting you.
But there's one issue that's really bugging me. Every now and then a random beeps is heard. The music volume reduces during the beep. It doesn't seem to have a pattern. Once it beeped 3 times consecutively and then it vanished for 20 minutes and then beeped once. There is no notification, no light on the mid, no visible warning sign.
I took the delivery just a day back and now this type of an issue is not what I expected. I talked to my SA and he advised me to get the car scanned and reset it through the one port. He said that some sensor must have gotten water in it which is causing errors. I went to the nearest service centre (as the one from which we bought the car takes around 2 hours to reach) and got the scan and reset done. The scan showed to rear passenger door sensor failure errors. When I started heading home the beep was heard again (really annoying). Talked to the service centre where the vehicle was scanned, they said that they'll remove the sensors and then see. Now I'm confused if they really know how to handle this problem. I couldn't get in touch with the dealership from where I bought it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-snapchat1162088694.jpg  

Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 00:24   #2853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
But there's one issue that's really bugging me. Every now and then a random beeps is heard. The music volume reduces during the beep. It doesn't seem to have a pattern. Once it beeped 3 times consecutively and then it vanished for 20 minutes and then beeped once. There is no notification, no light on the mid, no visible warning sign.
Congratulations on the beast!
My colleague who took delivery last week, heard similar beeps on Day 1. It was later figured out that it was the GPS. It seems The sync3 gps had been set to beep on turns. So it kept beeping at every turn. The problem was quickly resolved by resetting the GPS alarms and chimes.
Turn off your GPS and check if the sounds stop.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 00:36   #2854
BHPian

Go to navigation setting and turn of beeps for crossing speed limit and signs on road. Took me 2 days to figure out
V12Doc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 09:11   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Go to navigation setting and turn of beeps for crossing speed limit and signs on road. Took me 2 days to figure out
The perils of too much tech in the car I imagine.

Apart from GPS, the proximity sensor is sometimes the necessary evil esp when you are on a call in traffic conditions. I somehow do not want to miss out on anyone getting too close to the car, yet using the sensors to do so interrupts the call every now and then. There probably needs to be an upgrade on this where you can hear the beep and the guy you are connected to on the phone.

On another note - I broke my antenna (too low basement parking) - putting in a shark fin now.
prateekvidya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 10:18   #2856
BHPian

Everest Diecast Model.

I found this on ali. Makes a neat gift or a collectible for Everest Endy owners and fans.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-18...999.262.5NwFDY

Attaching an unboxing video from youtube as well.

vigneshkumar31 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 15:10   #2857
BHPian

For some of the folks that are hearing warning beeps while starting their Endy.
A few years ago most of the top end cars had about 60 sensors. Today on vehicles like Endy I would think the total number of sensors are well above 100.
So think of modern top end vehicles like Endy as computer on wheels. These need some sort of a boot-up time. The sensors, gages and systems need to be checked for errors and consistency before the engine is allowed to crank.
The suggestion here is to turn the key to 'on' or #2 position. Hold it there for 2 seconds, then crank the engine. Else it is possible that the car will start to throw errors and beeps.
The owners manual may not say these but it is a good practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
https://www.rushlane.com/ford-endeav...-12202918.html

Ford Endeavour broke the barricading wall and fell into the valley. They tumbled down for 400 feet, rolling multiple times on the way. Seeing this, the truck driver fled from the spot with his truck. Luckily, next few cars stopped and they got down to help.

Thanks for sharing. According to the article, a few of the passengers did not have seatbelt and were thrown out of the rolling vehicle. Some effects of good past Karma I believe. So definitely cannot attribute this miracle due to Endy's safety except for those that had seat belts. God knows how people can drive on dangerous mountain roads without seatbelts.
Old 25th February 2018, 01:12   #2858

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
In the last three days, I test drove the Ford Endy 3.2 4x4 Auto, MUX 4WD Auto & Fortuner 4WD Automatic. These are my observations:
We get 8.5 kmpl mileage (80%city-20%highway). The interiors of Fortuner are totally uninspiring, and ride quality and cabin noise with that smaller engine is uncomfortable. Am not sure if MU-X was ever a competitor with just 2 airbags in the name of safety where it sells the same car in AU with 6 or 7 airbags I think.
I'd suggest to keep fandom and to whom you give your money both separate.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2018 at 18:13. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
dragunov11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 23:21   #2859
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunov11 View Post
We get 8.5 kmpl mileage (80%city-20%highway).
That's good to know. Guess 3.2 5 Cylinder with good power/torque, I guess that is a respectable number.

Quote:
The interiors of Fortuner are totally uninspiring, and ride quality and cabin noise with that smaller engine is uncomfortable.
The interiors is a personal choice, I actually don't like beige interiors. I much prefer the dark interiors of the Australian Spec Everest .

Engine noise in the Fortuner is definitely more.

Quote:
Am not sure if MU-X was ever a competitor with just 2 airbags in the name of safety where it sells the same car in AU with 6 or 7 airbags I think.
The Indian Version of the MU-X is a con-job by Isuzu India. As I mentioned in the earlier post, the Indian version is stripped bare. In Australia is one of the largest sellers in it's segment.

Quote:
I'd suggest to keep fandom and to whom you give your money both separate.
Ford doesn't exactly invoke a lot of confidence in India, if you know the history of lack of support for older models. Yes, I should be careful of giving my money to Ford going by the Mondeo/Fusion/Fiesta experience.

4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 23:34   #2860

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Ford doesn't exactly invoke a lot of confidence in India, if you know the history of lack of support for older models. Yes, I should be careful of giving my money to Ford going by the Mondeo/Fusion/Fiesta experience.
You mean ancient models that had poor sales, yeah sure. So far I don't see a problem with their support, infact the car's international status ensures good enough support for parts even if Ford India tanks.
I've seen some first-gen and 2nd-gen endeavours present in the service workshop when I'd visited it due to some bodywork. Seems to me they're still supporting them.
Old 26th February 2018, 10:57   #2861
BANNED

Quote:
Finally we took delivery of our endeavour 3.2 .
Congrats for your new car, t.terrorist!
Since you have both a 2.2 and a 3.2, can you post your observations citing differences in ride quality between the two? It would be much appreciated. I'd increase the weight of my 2.2 similar to 3.2 (160 kg difference) if there is a substantial difference.
Old 27th February 2018, 00:28   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Congrats for your new car, t.terrorist!
Since you have both a 2.2 and a 3.2, can you post your observations citing differences in ride quality between the two? It would be much appreciated. I'd increase the weight of my 2.2 similar to 3.2 (160 kg difference) if there is a substantial difference.
There's not much difference when it comes to ride quality. The ride in the front row has always remained the strong point of the endeavour and that's where more weight has been added. I'd say there's a little more up and down movement when going over speed breakers in the 3.2(not sure though). The steering certainly feels heavier than the 2.2, I guess due to more weight on the nose but it is not a bad thing at all. The steering is still a delight to use and every person who has driven the Endeavour has only praises to say when it comes to the steering. From my brother (not an enthusiast) to my chauffeurs, all of them go Gaga over the steering and compare it to the cumbersome unit of the innova crysta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Congratulations on the beast!
My colleague who took delivery last week, heard similar beeps on Day 1. It was later figured out that it was the GPS. It seems The sync3 gps had been set to beep on turns. So it kept beeping at every turn. The problem was quickly resolved by resetting the GPS alarms and chimes.
Turn off your GPS and check if the sounds stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
Yes did this and it helped. Also got the car scanned and got the errors reset(service guys say errors occurred due to moisture while Washing probably).

Finally the beep is gone.
Thanks.

Got these mats installed in the new Endeavour today. They come with the grass type attachment which can be removed to reveal the full fake leather mats. The black with beige stitching goes well with the interior as-well as the exterior. The fitting is top-notch and the price seemed reasonable.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180226_210000.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180226_205926.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180226_205954.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180226_205951.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180226_2100032993x3991.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20180226_2059222993x3991.jpg

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th February 2018 at 10:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 10:08   #2863
BHPian

Quote:

Got these mats installed in the new Endeavour today. They come with the grass type attachment which can be removed to reveal the full fake leather mats. The black with beige stitching goes well with the interior as-well as the exterior. The fitting is top-notch and the price seemed reasonable.
Where did you buy these mats? What price? Did you get third row too? Thanks in advance.
Old 27th February 2018, 14:10   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Where did you buy these mats? What price? Did you get third row too? Thanks in advance.
I got these from a local dealer. They are available everywhere in Delhi. These are from the brand cozoo and are called 7d mats. You need to bargain hard with the seller. They quoted me 6500 and I finally got them for 5100. I was in talks with multiple sellers and went with the cheapest quotation. Yes it includes the third row also buy not the boot. It can be ordered seperately.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 18:09   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
I got these from a local dealer. They are available everywhere in Delhi. These are from the brand cozoo and are called 7d mats. You need to bargain hard with the seller. They quoted me 6500 and I finally got them for 5100. I was in talks with multiple sellers and went with the cheapest quotation. Yes it includes the third row also buy not the boot. It can be ordered seperately.
Thanks for the info. The mats look great.
I checked cozoo web site, the price quoted is 9k+ after some supposed 3k discount.Will you be able to enquire with your vendor if they can ship to Bangalore for an additional shipping cost ?
pajero4me is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks