Fortuner 1961
Endeavour 814
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 13:31   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
If you use 'Auto' mode of AC, the car might decide whether to recirculate air or bring fresh air in. I have noticed it in my brezza. If there isn't hugdifference between target temperature of AC & outside temperature, the car doesn't recirculate air in Auto mode.

Do you think it can be the case?
I never use Auto mode Bhavik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Sorry to say but this is how most automatic A/c are designed to work. Only the manual A/C where you have a button press/depress mechanism will work the way you want. The fresh air in the context is the air outside your car cabin. Cabin air can turn poisonous.
Make sense. But the problem is practical. We do not switch off or on each time when we start the car. Forgetting this one little button makes unclean air entering in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I have noticed this happening sometime back in last summer, seems we have to press circulation button to turn it on or off. I accepted this as a feature rather defect as many mentioned it will be there in most of the automatic climate control units. Let me check how is mine working now as I too got my system updated in 2nd service and hardly used AC in winters.

Just to mention here I do not use AUTO AC and set the things according to my preference and always turn off AC before turning off the engine. At the next start I just turn on the AC and the re-circulation will stay according to the last setting used. Hope this is working like it used to be earlier before update.
I never use Auto AC brother. I do not have the habit of turning off AC over a decade (after my Santro days) :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If i remember correct this has to do with some regulations under EU law also, where cabin should move to external vent mode while being parked. So when you turn the vehicle off the flaps open up. Once you start they close. Almost all vehicles with electronic controls have this logic built in under manual mode.

Like Roby mentioned above, easiest way to bypass is to use the compressor switch to shut off just the compressor and leave the system on Fan mode, under manual operation. This can avoid the need to press the re-circulation switch everytime you start the vehicle.
The regulation makes sense, for sure, But I feel it is an inconvenience in a country like India, where we get every smell entering in. I will check your method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
There is a very easy fix to it. Just use the recirculate button to turn on the AC. It will be in Auto with your previous settings with recirculate.
I never turn off the AC. That is the problem. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Ford ACC got memory, and that's the reason why the setting goes for a toss when the car returns from service as they remove the battery terminals to check its health.

I do the following:
1) Switch off ACC using the power button before you turn off the ignition.
2) Next time, switch it back on using either the power button or the re-circulation button.

The system will revert to the exact setting you had before: temperature, re-circulation, blower mode etc.

And this will work, even if Auto AC was not used. For example, the blower will also revert to the exact volume level you left it at.

Just like many things on the Ford, it is a case of the car being much more smarter than their service personnel or their processes.

PS: Please note this is based my experience on our Fiesta. But no reason why this should be any different on the big Ford. Please do let us all know after checking.
I will check this method and update.

Thank you for all of your time and reponses mates.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 13:51   #2883
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Feb 2018 sales numbers
Fortuner 1961
Endeavour 814
Now considering that we may assume that 2.2Ltr Endeavour sold about say 4xx units. Being Ladder Frame and all I feel it competes with the 2.2 Hexa XTA, XT4x2 and XT4x4 variants. Which too should be in the same 4xx units range.

Wonder who sold more in that sub segment of 2.2 Ltr Ladder Frame 7 seater SUVs.

Last edited by ACM : 7th March 2018 at 13:52.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 14:46   #2884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Being Ladder Frame and all I feel it competes with the 2.2 Hexa XTA, XT4x2 and XT4x4 variants.
That will be unfair probably, why not then include Innova or even Balero if Ladder Frame 7 seater SUVs is the criterion if I have understood correctly.

Endeavour's only worthy competitor is Fortuner and 8XX numbers look good. Most of the Ford dealerships here in North are about 1/3rd or 1/4th size of the mighty "T"

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th March 2018 at 14:50.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 15:56   #2885
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That will be unfair probably, why not then include Innova or even Balero if Ladder Frame 7 seater SUVs is the criterion if I have understood correctly.

Endeavour's only worthy competitor is Fortuner and 8XX numbers look good.
My views come from the fact that I am myself frankly on the fence for what I might call a highway beater car if such a thing can exist. The X3 hits the rough patches too hard relatively. Changing to tubeless voids suspension warranty.

Having driven both the Endeavour AT and Hexa AT&4x4MT a few times.

1) I love the Endeavour Steering
2) Love the Hexa seats and ride comfort
3) Love the Endeavour Panaromic roof and Infotaiment screen size. Rest of the features are very similar. ( Ya there is powered seats and tailgate that don't matter to me)
3) The Endeavour 2.2Ltr version is very comparable to the Hexa engine which actually is better matched to it's AT. So unless the Version is 3.2Ltrs AT the Endeavour doesn't feel any better or segment higher.
4) Both have low cost of Maintenance and both have had niggles. The Hexa spares if say one goes and looses a mirror or fendor are lower.

So present thought for a purchase aroung june is that if getting the smaller engine it will be the Hexa for me and if the bigger then the Endeavour which also has AT 4x4 combination. I have simply not been as comfortable in any suv seat except Hexa below 50L

Nope the Innova is not as comfortable as the Hexa atleast for large sized guys like me. Innova of course has relatively poor water wading depth (impt for me), poor ground clearance and much smaller tyres besides no AWD or 4x4 option so is not in the same league.

I have owned the Aria earlier and every improvement I desired is there in the Hexa except AT AWD combo and Panaromic sunroof. Hexa does have option of conventional Sunroof and HUD as well.

So I don't really have anything vested in this right now and frankly love both vehicles but Endeavour only as a 3.2ltr engine

Last edited by ACM : 7th March 2018 at 16:00.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 16:24   #2886
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My views come from the fact that I am myself frankly on the fence for what I might call a highway beater car if such a thing can exist. The X3 hits the rough patches too hard relatively.
I can understand where you are coming from, honestly, there is nothing like a highway beater or at least I am yet to find here. There are so many options overseas but due to limited numbers, only popular variants gets sold here. Sometimes I wonder what cars CEO's of the Automotive company drive or how they are chauffeured around?

Endeavour is a pain in rear seats but definitely good over anything else in this segment, if you are driving self. I have not driven Hexa but did check recently and I didn't find the design or finish anywhere close to Endy except for the nicely finished steering wheel I also have a Petrol Innova Crysta and use it for my outstation trips where roads are unknown or in poor shape. I came very close to buying LC-200 last Year and recently LX but somehow could not get the courage to spend so much moolah in this economy just for rear seat comfort if at all these vehicles will provide. So happy hunting but again, if your primary needs are rear seats, look elsewhere.

Quote:
Changing to tubeless voids suspension warranty.
Actually No, unless you specifically ask them in writing, they will simply overlook or you can keep the old RFT should the need arise. But more than type, going one step lower on rims should help you more.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th March 2018 at 16:32.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 16:30   #2887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So present thought for a purchase aroung june is that if getting the smaller engine it will be the Hexa for me and if the bigger then the Endeavour which also has AT 4x4 combination. I have simply not been as comfortable in any suv seat except Hexa below 50L

Nope the Innova is not as comfortable as the Hexa atleast for large sized guys like me. Innova of course has relatively poor water wading depth (impt for me), poor ground clearance and much smaller tyres besides no AWD or 4x4 option so is not in the same league.

I have owned the Aria earlier and every improvement I desired is there in the Hexa except AT AWD combo and Panaromic sunroof. Hexa does have option of conventional Sunroof and HUD as well.

So I don't really have anything vested in this right now and frankly love both vehicles but Endeavour only as a 3.2ltr engine
If you consider Octavia and BMW 3 series/Audi A4 all belong to same category then probably Endeavour 2.2 and Hexa are comparable. While on paper both match each other, In real world they are not treated equal. No matter how much you try to push Hexa as SUV, there is no denying the fact it is treated as MUV out there in the market.

If comfort is your top most priority and everything else doesnot matter much, look no further and go for Hexa. Endeavour's ride is not as plush as Hexa.

Last edited by PrideRed : 7th March 2018 at 16:50.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 18:48   #2888
BHPian

Comfort in the middle row depends not only on ride quality of the vehicle, but also on under thigh support of the seats, and also the fact that the seats should not be low to the floor. In both these aspects, endeavour doesnt perform particularly well. Its middle row has little under thigh support, and is pretty low to the floor. Hexa on the other hand shines on all 3 parameters, i.e. ride quality, thigh support and seats sufficiently high from the floor.
In order to test these parameters, best would be to take back to back test drive of these SUVs and judge for yourself.
nvldvr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 02:35   #2889
BHPian

Excuse me for my layman type language.

So I'm keen on doing some modifications with my 2016 3.2 Titanium.

First and foremost, the SYNC2. Probably the most horrible thing ever. I had a 2014 Fortuner before this and even though it looked ages old, the Fortuner's music system at least served it's purpose.
Here with the Endy, the FM changes channels on its own, keeps breaking bluetooth connection with the phone, stops any youtube/music playback if I get a call in between etc etc etc. I just hate the functionality.
Sent it to the service centre twice but nothing. The second time (about a month back) they even kept the car a whole day extra, said they need to do a 30 km drive to test the music system, then assured me it has been taken care of with some update. NOTHING. It's all still the same.
So my question is: Do we have any third party systems like the old days? Maybe ones that come with Android Auto/CarPlay etc?
I get so jealous to see the Ola guys working with a better interface than me. And using Google Maps.

Secondly, does anyone have any knowledge about how to raise the height of the car? I came across a Nissan Patrol on the road, way higher than it's supposed to be, and I asked the owner about it and he said it's quite simple "Just get a lift-kit". I wish it were as simple as ordering one on Amazon but a little reading on the internet tells me it's much more than that. Can someone help about this?

Thirdly, wheels and tyres. A friend tells me how Black Rhinos are the only wheels that can do justice to the Endy. I saw their website and I agree. He also tells me that once I get Black Rhinos I can even get wider tyres. Any comments on that? That will sure look good but what will happen to the ride quality?

Lastly, ECU remapping.
How What Why Who Where?
Is it safe? What happens to warranty?
I'm interested because I hate the initial pickup. They claimed that it learns and adjusts to your driving style but almost two years and that clearly hasn't happened. It stills shouts so loudly for the inital few RPM but doesn't move anywhere in proportion to the sound.

I won't be able to do all this at once for budget reasons but I want to start somewhere.

Please suggest
Old 10th March 2018, 08:25   #2890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
First and foremost, the SYNC2.
Did you try checking with FORD, if buying a new system is an option via workshop?

Quote:
I get so jealous to see the Ola guys working with a better interface than me. And using Google Maps
Buy a good quality mobile holder and use an old large size mobile with data connection as a stop-go solution

Quote:
does anyone have any knowledge about how to raise the height of the car? I came across a Nissan Patrol on the road, way higher than it's supposed to be, and I asked the owner about it and he said it's quite simple "Just get a lift-kit"
You can order ARB or Ironman and get it installed at any good workshops or even ask FORD dealership if they can do it for you. This kit typically includes 4 shockers and coils depending on the load ratings you need. Since bull bars are barred and hardly anyone tow, you can choose the comfort option. This should be easily available at ARB dealers including one in Gurgaon and will take less than a day for installation.

https://www.arb.com.au/ford-everest-...x4-suspension/

Quote:
wheels and tyres. A friend tells me how Black Rhinos are the only wheels that can do justice to the Endy
I have no clue about alloys, but you must change the Tyres if you are still running on stock. Try using Yoko in size 285x60xR18, or if you can source 285x65XR18 you may not even need a lift as stance will be higher. But using ARB shocks will surely help on comfort as per feedback from some other users.

Quote:
Lastly, ECU remapping
Avoid, first, check which version of the software your vehicle is currently, there are many upgrades which are reported to improve this experience. Details are mentioned in this thread, go through some of the past pages or else post the screenshots here when you visit the dealership.

If you are running on the updated software and still want to try, check these guys. They will be able to tell you more about warranty and share references.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4365168

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th March 2018 at 08:38.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 20:30   #2891
BHPian

Any fix for middle row seat belt anchors?
They are protruding out and create issues while shifting on bench.
Old 11th March 2018, 07:14   #2892
BHPian

Team-bhp bros, have sold my amazing Jeep Gand Cherokee Overland :( in Sydney and now am in Pune for a New Car (Read: Endeavour 2018)
I was looking at Dhone ford near hadapsar anyone had a buying experience here? Also, does registering outside PMC limit save you fees? Thanks !

Last edited by JUDA : 11th March 2018 at 07:15.
Old 11th March 2018, 12:02   #2893
BHPian

Has any 2016 Endeavour owner successfully managed to change over to sync3? I understand it requires an entire e hardware swap., but is it even possible?
Old 11th March 2018, 13:30   #2894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did you try checking with FORD, if buying a new system is an option via workshop?

Buy a good quality mobile holder and use an old large size mobile with data connection as a stop-go solution

You can order ARB or Ironman and get it installed at any good workshops or even ask FORD dealership if they can do it for you.
https://www.arb.com.au/ford-everest-...x4-suspension/

I have no clue about alloys, but you must change the Tyres if you are still running on stock. Try using Yoko in size 285x60xR18, or if you can source 285x65XR18 you may not even need a lift as stance will be higher. But using ARB shocks will surely help on comfort as per feedback from some other users.

Avoid, first, check which version of the software your vehicle is currently, there are many upgrades which are reported to improve this experience. Details are mentioned in this thread, go through some of the past pages or else post the screenshots here when you visit the dealership.
Checked with them plenty of times about buying SYNC3. No help. Every time I try and request them to make me speak to someone who can make decisions, sometimes they arrange call backs, sometimes they make me speak to technical heads, sometimes to managers etc but always the same thing (at both the Ford service centre as well as the helpline). In the end they just speak like recorders "Sir we are not allowed to do that".
I asked them what allowed means? I asked them if it's even possible. I explained to them how it cannot be impossible with a little hardware change. NOTHING. It's frustrating.

Good quality magnetic mount with a new Pixel 2 XL for maps. But then the bluetooth issue is still there. And the FM radio issue. Hence I think it would be so much better if I could just get a third party system.

Again sorry about stupid questions but approximately how many inches will the height increase if I use this combination of the 285x65 tyres and the ARB Old Man EMU or something similar?
Also can these tyres go on the existing stock wheels if I plan on getting new wheels later on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Has any 2016 Endeavour owner successfully managed to change over to sync3? I understand it requires an entire e hardware swap., but is it even possible?
Not me. Have tried plenty of times but never even came close to getting a proper answer of whether or not its even possible.
Old 12th March 2018, 20:35   #2895
Senior - BHPian

Came across this post in FB. New Endeavor 3.2 nearing 100,000 kms & owner claims zero maintenance (other than regular service items) till date except replacement of Rotors once, including replacements under warranty. That's very promising
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20180312-8.37.06-pm.png  

Last edited by Surprise : 12th March 2018 at 20:44.
Surprise is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks