Old 27th May 2018, 17:31   #3016
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

A couple more links regarding the impending facelift:

The Ranger update:
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...cing-revealed/

The Everest Update:
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...ranger-update/

The news everywhere is worded infuriatingly in terms of engine options.

Given that there is a bias towards higher trims in India, we could've gleaned something otherwise. There is curiously no mention of the old 2.2 engine - without wishing to make too much of a deductive leap, I have a feeling it might be discontinued, which can only be good news for us - the 2.0 Bi-Turbo is more likely to come to India that way.

Prices of course, can only go one way.

Also, one of the links above (https://www.caradvice.com.au/649451/...4/#ca-comments) has been update with the news that Ford Australia has confirmed that the updated Everest will arrive alongside the Ranger in September.

I just hope they come out with it before the government finds some other way to increase taxes.
Mu009 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 19:20   #3017
BHPian

So I bit the magazine and picked up a Smoke Grey 3.2 Titanium AT.
And with a super hectic work schedule (where I can't take my car), I finally got to drive out 950km in two days.

Observations (Compared to my dear old (now sold) Skoda Yeti 4X4) :
- From zero when I released the clutch on the Yeti in first gear, it would have an enormous pull forward. The Endeavour has to be pushed forward. After a bit, it starts picking speed rapidly.
- Engine seems very noisy in the first 3-4 gears.
- It's fantastic at cruising speeds. In 5-10kmph traffic (or curvy uphill), it's very noisy, (almost embarrassingly so).
- While going, I got an average FE of around 9.5. When back (without resetting the trip meter), it slowly climbed to 10.2. (My Yeti used to give me around 17.5 to 18.5 on highways). So I am spending almost double on fuel now.
- I have to brake more often, it seems. Example: When I would release foot from accelerator on older cars, they would start dropping speed almost immediately (and I did this a lot with traffic signals, toll booths and speed breakers). But Endeavour doesn't seem to drop speed immediately after releasing the accelerator.
- I need more practice on AT to maintain a constant low speed, without the use of too much braking (example: behind a slow moving truck on a single lane state highway where incoming traffic doesn't allow you to overtake. On the Yeti, a low gear like 2nd or even 3rd and almost no to some light tap on the accelerator would be enough. Endeavour seems to keep picking speed).
- Got to figure out how to upgrade the inbuilt maps. I believe the papa data is sourced from MapmyIndia. I extensively use NaviMaps Offline from MMI on my iPhone and I find the Endeavour maps lacking the details that NaviMaps has. Ford seems to have this link to help update Maps, and I hope it works in India too. I have to rush to a meeting so no time to try this out today:
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ystem-map.html

First two days only. I am again busy for 12 days so will have to wait till then.

-

Last edited by parambyte : 27th May 2018 at 19:26.
parambyte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 21:21   #3018
BHPian

70,000 kms update

Its been 2 years since we have gotten the endeavour and it has already covered 70,000 kms and sent it to my regular service centre for general service 2 days back. No complaints apart from the worn out and noisy tyres. Service costed Rs 7,328/- (All inclusive). Suspension and brake pads/discs have still plenty of life left according my friendly service advisor. As and when the need arises to change the suspension, I will be going for a Ironman comfort shock absorbers without lift.

Apart from the general service, got the tyres changed to michelin primacy SUV in stock size from 'Ashoka wheels', Banjara hills. I will be able to share my experience with tyres later as I won't be able to drive endeavour for couple of weeks.

So far I am happy with the reliability of endeavour and hope it stays the same. I would like to hear experience from other members especially those who have done high mileage (>1,00,000 kms) regarding what kind of expenses/failures to expect in near future.
harsha.muvva is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 09:23   #3019
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.

The latest news is that Ford is planning to hike the prices from next month onwards. Wonder how it will affect the sales.
Although everyone realises and believes that the Endy is far superior to the vehicles in the same segment, the sales are far less. As an owner and endy lover, I enjoy the exclusivity which the others may not get.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 09:46   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends.

The latest news is that Ford is planning to hike the prices from next month onwards. Wonder how it will affect the sales.
Although everyone realises and believes that the Endy is far superior to the vehicles in the same segment, the sales are far less. As an owner and endy lover, I enjoy the exclusivity which the others may not get.
What is the source of the same? That would make the upcoming facelift seriously pricey - and they already increased prices at the start of the year.

I suppose it's about increasing profit margins - buyers who opt for this over the Fortuner probably do not do so because it's a few lakh cheaper.

It truly does look like I'll never own one.
Old 28th May 2018, 10:30   #3021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
70,000 kms update

Apart from the general service, got the tyres changed to michelin primacy SUV in stock size from 'Ashoka wheels', Banjara hills. I will be able to share my experience with tyres later as I won't be able to drive endeavour for couple of weeks.
You remember how far the last set of tyres lasted? I guess you have changed only once. What is the cost?

Last edited by navin : 28th May 2018 at 12:33.
Old 29th May 2018, 09:08   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
70,000 kms update

So far I am happy with the reliability of endeavour and hope it stays the same. I would like to hear experience from other members especially those who have done high mileage (>1,00,000 kms) regarding what kind of expenses/failures to expect in near future.
How much did the tyres cost? I presume you changed only 4. Is the spare wheel still the same that came with the vehicle?
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 18:05   #3023
Senior - BHPian

1. Does anyone use OBD app + device?
2. Any feedback from those fitted K&N filters?
Old 29th May 2018, 19:29   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
You remember how far the last set of tyres lasted? I guess you have changed only once. What is the cost?
Hi, the stock tyres lasted 70,000 kms. I could have pushed for another 5,000 kms easily but did not feel like doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
How much did the tyres cost? I presume you changed only 4. Is the spare wheel still the same that came with the vehicle?
Total price for 4 tyres +WA/WB is Rs 75,000/- . Yokohama geolander in same size were approximately Rs 4000 cheaper per tyre.
Spare tyre is still the same.
harsha.muvva is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 19:34   #3025
BANNED

Quote:
Hi friends.

I personally feel raising the price would not help them because there is going to more competition in this segment in future.

No doubt endy is far better product, but Ford Endeavour should first grab some market share from Fortuner which is current market leader
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 16:01   #3026
BHPian

Quick question - What is the H-Point of the Endeavour? (both from vehicle floor and from pavement would be appreciated)
Old 30th May 2018, 16:13   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
I personally feel raising the price would not help them because there is going to more competition in this segment in future.

No doubt endy is far better product, but Ford Endeavour should first grab some market share from Fortuner which is current market leader

You are right. But I think Ford is happy with the way things are going. They are selling roughly 500 units a month while the Fortuner sells in thousands.
They are more advertising and focusing on their smaller cars like Ecosports and the new Freestyle which is just launched.
If they were really worried about the competition with Toyota then they would launch the new Endeavours with newer engines in India. Sadly the newer and powerful engines with a better gearbox will not come to India.
And I also think that they have digested the part that they cannot compete with Toyota service. So let Toyota be Toyota and let us be Ford.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 16:38   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly the newer and powerful engines with a better gearbox will not come to India.
Would it be possible for you to share the source of your information regarding both the impending price hike and that Ford will not be equipping the Facelifted Endeavour with the new 2.0 Bi-Turbo and the 10 speed?

And would you also have any information about whether or not black interiors will be offered on the facelift?

Thanks
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 21:20   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Would it be possible for you to share the source of your information regarding both the impending price hike and that Ford will not be equipping the Facelifted Endeavour with the new 2.0 Bi-Turbo and the 10 speed?
Hi.
Here is the source of info.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nveiled-408381

Autocar is authentic as per me but you can decide for yourself.

Regarding the price hike it's verbal from a local dealer.

In addition I feel this is a discussion forum and we are not writing a thesis where we need to supplement every thing with evidence.
Cheers.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 30th May 2018 at 21:22.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 09:10   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
1. Does anyone use OBD app + device?
Yes, I use a modified ELM327 based OBD2 adapter with FORScan on PC and Torque Pro app on Android.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks