Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 19:33   #3211
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Similarly I was thinking as a proactive measure why not to keep our engine in top condition and provide immunity against adulterated fuel.
Engineers from Ford has recommended not using any additives on the turbocharged diesel engines. When I had my Fusion with Duratec petrol engine, ford themselves used to recommend additives and it was sold in showroom and service centres. But for the turbocharged diesel engines (1.4 Duratorq engines), it was not recommended at that point of time also.

Last edited by navin : 3rd August 2018 at 12:05. Reason: quoted entire post
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:14   #3212
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
Do you see any verified, significant and long term benefit ?
I can tell you that both my Scorpio and Pajero Sport gave me improved FE by at least 10% every time the tank had System-D, and my Scorpio's engine was as good as new at 1.4lac km after I had dosed it with an engine treatment from Xado Labs, I am not able to recollect the name now, but should be available online.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:43   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I can tell you that both my Scorpio and Pajero Sport gave me improved FE by at least 10% every time the tank had System-D, and my Scorpio's engine was as good as new at 1.4lac km after I had dosed it with an engine treatment from Xado Labs, I am not able to recollect the name now, but should be available online.

What model year was your Scorpio ?
I see that LiquiMoly engine oils are approved by Ford
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 21:46   #3214
BHPian

Re-posting from the "The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread":

Quote:
Would be very grateful to hear about any offers on the Endeavour 3.2 4x4 Titanium. Planning to book it this month.

Even if there are no offers, a price check would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
I obviously know about the 50k increase in July, which we were updated of well in time (as always) by a member here. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do about beating that. But is there anything on the horizon? I'm willing to wait a bit more, i.e., a month or so. Ideally I'd like to book by mid to late August - want to be sure that the garage I have already begun constructing for it is ready first. However, I don't want to wait so long that the facelift pops up, and then try getting discounted older models.

And while we're on the subject of the facelift, as I said, I was planning to not wait for it, not just in terms of a discounted current model, but the facelift in itself. While I would love keyless entry and go, which is pretty much a lock on the facelift (no pun intended), the wait + yearly price increase + likely facelift premium + uncertainty of launch date in "early 2019" is not worth the convenience of keyless entry and go for me. Even though I plan to keep the vehicle for a looooooooooooong time, which may justify waiting a little now, and a bit of a premium. But bear in mind that I've actually been waiting over a year - lost out on the whole 3 months immediately post GST benefit too - same vehicle, just 10% and incremental increases dearer now. It was a rupee under 30L ex-showroom then, it's 33,11,300 now.

The only other thing that'd interest me about the facelift is the ebony interior option which is unlikely to come to India. I'm not bothered about cosmetic changes - and no point in getting into the engine/gearbox debate since they're not coming yet. Though, fwiw, I'd like the 3.2 over the 2.0 bi-turbo (not sure about 10sp v/s 6sp since I haven't experienced that sort of a modern A/T).

In summary regarding the facelift, any chance we'll get ebony interiors? And how much dearer will it get, given the calendar year change, possibility of changing taxes and the premium a facelift would command? Only then would I be able to weigh whether it's worth waiting another 6 months or so - have already been waiting a year actually.

Frankly, after having "lost out" on 10+% thanks to my indecision last year coupled with what is a substantial self-imposed wait, despite me being quite price sensitive, I am felling a little price insensitive right now.

Hence this seems like the right place to pose this somewhat irksome query - for all 3 - speculation, facts and advice (both psychological/common sense and financial/practical).

Cheers!

Also, would be glad if anyone could shed some light on the state of Ford's policy toward service manuals - specifically, are they available for customers at a price?

Regardless of the above, any leads on the 3.2 service manual?

Many owners here seem like the type who'd be interested to at least have the manual handy, just for reference, so I have high hopes about this relatively esoteric requirement.

Cheers!

Last edited by theMAG : 5th August 2018 at 19:56. Reason: Back-back posted merged. Thanks.
Mu009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:49   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Thanks for sharing. Yes, I have kept important items like purse or phone at the boot while safely securing the loaded items in boot, but luckily not keys till date (though i always carry duplicate keys with me)
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me immense pleasure to announce that I managed to lock my keys inside the boot once again, far away from home. However, this time, I would like to give the entire credit for this achievement to my 9 year old, automobile enthusiast son. The only part I played was to request him to get a few things from the boot a little late in the night. Kids love to press that button on the boot and watch the lid close like magic.

Anyway, this time, there was no Coimbatore-Irinjalakuda flight. Fortunately, a friend from Coimbatore picked up the spare keys for me on his way to Kochi airport.

There has to be a fool proof system. I am planning to stick something over the button on the boot lid so you either have to use the key or the dashboard button.

I don't agree with carrying both the keys on you, unless you are driving really far away from home. Too risky. You have to be very careful. I would have normally kept the spare key in my wife's handbag cause she keeps it with her all the time. However, in this instance, her handbag was in the car too. I would have had to break the glass for sure!
SCORPION is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 23:41   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me immense pleasure to announce that I managed to lock my keys inside the boot once again, far away from home.
You can try to keep one spare key only the metal part in your wallet. Get it from a keymaker and shave off the plastic part. I used to keep a key like this with me in college days when I used to switch between car and bike multiple times in a day. Trust me it will hardly take a little space but will serve big purpose in such situations.

The other is you can try changing your habit to not use the boot close button rather close it using the key remote. Somehow I have developed a habit to use key fob to open or close the boot, you can also try to develop the same habit.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 01:02   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
You can try to keep one spare key only the metal part in your wallet. Get it from a keymaker and shave off the plastic part. I used to keep a key like this with me in college days when I used to switch between car and bike multiple times in a day. Trust me it will hardly take a little space but will serve big purpose in such situations.
Fantastic idea. I should do this asap. Although not entirely fool proof, it will reduce the chances of a lockout to a great extent.
Quote:
The other is you can try changing your habit to not use the boot close button rather close it using the key remote. Somehow I have developed a habit to use key fob to open or close the boot, you can also try to develop the same habit.
The thing is roby_dk, it is not just me. The entire family including the extended family has to be concious about this drawback while taking stuff out or putting stuff into the boot. That's the tough part.

In the meantime, I will try and fabricate a temporary hard cover for the button on the lid and check how inconvenient it really is to not have that button there. I can already see watchmen and car wash guys banging the boot lid down when they don't see a physical button. This could mess up the mechanism over a period of time. Even otherwise, they tend to shut it by force until you scream your guts out asking them to leave it alone or demonstrate the magic button.

Ford should provide the number pad lock/unlock system which they have in their American models (including the F-series) as standard in all their cars. That's a fool proof system in my opinion, in the absence of a keyless entry, start/stop system.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 06:47   #3218
BANNED

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me immense pleasure to announce that I managed to lock my keys inside the boot once again, far away from home. However, this time, I would like to give the entire credit for this achievement to my 9 year old, automobile enthusiast son. The only part I played was to request him to get a few things from the boot a little late in the night. Kids love to press that button on the boot and watch the lid close like magic.
Situations like these can bring great troubles. I have never managed to leave the key inside the car by just following one habit, never let the key go off your hands or pocket when near the car. Even if someone asks for the key, I go with the person myself and make sure that nothing is left inside. This simple caution was thaught by my father. I will suggest you to give it a try. Whenever someone asks for the key, either open the car using the remote, or go along with them, especially when dealing with kids. No matter how smart or informed a child is, its their human nature to forget little things.
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 10:05   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me immense pleasure to announce that I managed to lock my keys inside the boot once again, far away from home.

Quote:
I don't agree with carrying both the keys on you, unless you are driving really far away from home. Too risky. You have to be very careful. I would have normally kept the spare key in my wife's handbag cause she keeps it with her all the time. However, in this instance, her handbag was in the car too. I would have had to break the glass for sure!
I carry both the keys when traveling out of town and keep the other key in my pocket. Not the ideal way of fool proofing but works for me.

Nowadays, I hand over the spare key to my son and task him with safeguarding it. He keeps it with him all the time and keeps reminding me to take the other key out too.
the_skyliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 14:32   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Situations like these can bring great troubles. I have never managed to leave the key inside the car by just following one habit, never let the key go off your hands or pocket when near the car. Even if someone asks for the key, I go with the person myself and make sure that nothing is left inside. This simple caution was thaught by my father. I will suggest you to give it a try. Whenever someone asks for the key, either open the car using the remote, or go along with them, especially when dealing with kids. No matter how smart or informed a child is, its their human nature to forget little things.
Well, it's just been a little over 9 months since you started driving, so you can say that. But trust me, this is something inevitable and something you will experience a few times. The work around may be different each time depending on the car, location of your spare key etc.

I only hand over the keys to people whom I know, will respect my love for my car. If I have the slightest doubt, that person will never get the keys from me. He will have to steal it.

Adults are not very different from kids when it comes to forgetting things. Infact, they are worse than kids. You will experience that too. Trust me.

So I never even asked my little fellow how it happened because I myself have done it once earlier. He was scared indeed, but was pretty surprised when I didn't tell him off for this. He was so relieved he gave me at least 10 suggestions to solve the problem.

Last edited by SCORPION : 7th August 2018 at 14:46.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:54   #3221
BHPian

Quote:

There has to be a fool proof system. I am planning to stick something over the button on the boot lid so you either have to use the key or the dashboard button.
There is an option to disable the boot button from the menu on the options screen. Try that.
nareshtrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 16:06   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
There is an option to disable the boot button from the menu on the options screen. Try that.

This will server as a full proof mechanism. I think Endeavour doesn't auto lock itself so even if we forget the keys inside, the car will remain in unlocked state. The only issue was leaving the keys in boot.

Edit: But I am sure SCORPION will find another way to lock his keys inside.

Last edited by roby_dk : 7th August 2018 at 16:10.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 18:54   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
@nareshtrao, thanks a ton! That actually worked. Disabled the button on the bootlid. Saved me a lot of trouble. It is unlikely now that you will hear a repeat story from me again.
Quote:
But I am sure SCORPION will find another way to lock his keys inside.
. Yeah, may be I can challenge Houdini himself.
I think it is now impossible to lock myself out. I always use the key fob to lock the car. If I still manage to lock my keys inside again, you will definitely hear from me immediately.

Last edited by SCORPION : 7th August 2018 at 18:55.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 22:31   #3224
BANNED

Quote:
Well, it's just been a little over 9 months since you started driving, so you can say that. But trust me, this is something inevitable and something you will experience a few times.
It's been more than 15-16 years when my dad bought a car. As of now, we bought our third car a few months ago. In this interval of >15 years of ownership, my dad never managed to lock the key of the car inside the car. At the time dad brought the Maruti Alto, I was just over 3 years and my dad always told me not to leave the keys inside and was very always present when I used to handle the keys. Slowly, I developed this habit of keeping the keys safe. I agree that making mistakes is a human nature and no one is perfect, but being a little extra careful will always help. Atleast my experience tells this.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th August 2018 at 08:14. Reason: Part suggesting illegal / underage driving deleted
_nitink_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 21:49   #3225
BHPian

Endy mileage challenge.
Thanks to user Scorpion for the inspiration for mileage challenge. I request all Endy users to post their best mileage efforts here.
I drove Bangalore-Kochi, recently. Overall a great experience except for crossing, the now infamous, Kuthiraan hills in Kerala. Most horrible roads with potholes the size of sinkholes. Legend has it that Lord Ayyappa once crossed these hills on a horse. Very wise decision. Next best choice is definitely Endy.
Details:
Start time - 4:30 pm from Bangalore
End time - 2:30 am at Kochi
Total distance of 540 kms
Wasted 1 hr crossing 5 kms of Kuthiraan hills at around 1:00 am morning.
Vehicle loading: 2 adults, 3 kids. Eldest kid as heavy as an adult. Luggage may be around 40 kg. Full tank of fuel. So total payload, around 320 kg average.

1. Best mileage I got was 14.4 kmpl for 138 kms distance from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on NH44. Very calm and defensive driving, averaging close to 70 kmph speed. But please note, this was from a high altitude to a low altitude, 900 meters MSL to about 500 meters MSL, over many undulations and a bit busy traffic. Tolls were pretty busy.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7757.jpeg

2. Out of the city mileage till I hit the NH was 9.1 kmpl. It was pretty ugly traffic all the way but kept a calm driving style.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7755.jpeg

3. Combined city and NH, the mileage was 12.9 for about 3:20 hrs, distance of 171 kms.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7759.jpeg

4. Overall I am very happy with the above numbers especially the NH one. But when I tried a bit of aggressive driving, the NH mileage took a hit. 11.5 kmpl for another 128 kms at an average speed of 80 kmph.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7762.jpeg

5. On the 6-lane Chengapalli-Coimbatore stretch, I used cruise control set at 100, with a few interruptions. Average was only 11 kmpl. Traffic was light.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_7763.jpeg

Quote:
Oh well, I guess there is something for all of us here. I bet I could do this one of these days. Have come close to it, but lucked out. I think I will follow user roby_dk's suggestion to have a spare key made just for my wallet. Thanks for sharing.
Czarcarsm is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks