Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:42   #3256
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Ford may soon transfer India operations to a Mahindra JV.
Would this be good for us or bad?
Oh no!
I don't want to get my car serviced at Mahindra dealership.
Never had very good experience with our XUV. I only hope that existing Ford dealerships continue to serve as before, even under Mahindra banner.

Last edited by Wanderers : 22nd August 2018 at 12:45.
Wanderers is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:52   #3257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Ford may soon transfer India operations to a Mahindra JV.
Would this be good for us or bad?

https://www-timesnownews-com.cdn.amp...eport%2F272855
The merger is welcome for Ford. But what the terms and conditions are going to be is anyone's guess.
Most likely they will merge / borrow technologies. I can imagine a 4x4 Scorpio with terrain management system.
Ford is known to build tough cars. In the way of cost cutting, hope they do not borrow some Mahindra technology.
Above all it's the demand of the Indian market. With our mindset, we will continue getting cars with 30 lakh + cost and just 2 airbags.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:18   #3258
BANNED

As you all know Fiat had JV with Tata and Fiat image nose dived in India.

FIAT bounced back, but it costed them heavily.

Hope Ford do not repeat the same mistake and force customers to shy away from Ford.
alexrabbi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 23:59   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
As you all know Fiat had JV with Tata and Fiat image nose dived in India.

FIAT bounced back, but it costed them heavily.

Hope Ford do not repeat the same mistake and force customers to shy away from Ford.
Fiat's 'image' "nosedived" after a JV with Tata? What image did Fiat ever have in India? And what makes you think Fiat's image has now bounced back? Please have a look at their sales figures. Had it not been for the famed 1.3 L diesel engines, Fiat would have been long dead and buried in India.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 06:32   #3260
BHPian

A short video from 4x4 Australia featuring the facelifted Everest is out:

More should be pouring in soon, I imagine - for anyone who wants to know more about the impending facelift (which should reach us early next year).

I still don't know if the DPF has been repositioned (like it has been in the Ranger Raptor) to mitigate the grass-getting-stuck-and-catching-fire thingy. But there were two highlights in this video for me:
1. The front sway bar has been repositioned, and as a result, they've been able to make it thicker. Thanks to which they've been able to further soften the front springs - which means even better ride, without compromising on body roll. That sounds enticing, and frustratingly patience inducing for me.
2. This guy prefers the older engine and gear box combo - especially since it's "lazier". Most Raptor reviews have mentioned that the new bi-turbo, while punchier and quicker, loses steam quickly. This further affirms my belief that the current combo is one I want. But since the new engine isn't expected here before 2020, I don't suppose this is too relevant a point of discussion right now.

Also, in a similar vein, the Titanium is available only with 2.0 bi-turbo+10 speed, the Trend with both and the Ambiente only with the 3.2+6 speed, as per this video.
I wonder if that's an Australia only thing. Because otherwise, if the Titanium with 3.2+6 speed is an India only thing, I'd love to hear from you guys about how the logistics for the CKD kits will be affected.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mu009 : 24th August 2018 at 06:35. Reason: Semantics
Mu009 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 11:57   #3261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Fiat's 'image' "nosedived" after a JV with Tata? What image did Fiat ever have in India? And what makes you think Fiat's image has now bounced back? Please have a look at their sales figures. Had it not been for the famed 1.3 L diesel engines, Fiat would have been long dead and buried in India.
yes i mentioned that FIAT bounced back because of their success in selling Jeep Compass like hot cakes.

Fyi... JEEP brand is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 12:08   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
yes i mentioned that FIAT bounced back because of their success in selling Jeep Compass like hot cakes.

Fyi... JEEP brand is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

I think JEEP is a different brand altogether. We have lot many examples like this: Toyota/Lexus, Audi/Volkswagen/Skoda and many more.

The success of Compass can't be tagged to Fiat as per my understanding.

Last edited by roby_dk : 24th August 2018 at 12:09.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 18:09   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
A short video from 4x4 Australia featuring the facelifted Everest is out:

More should be pouring in soon, I imagine - for anyone who wants to know more about the impending facelift (which should reach us early next year).

I still don't know if the DPF has been repositioned (like it has been in the Ranger Raptor) to mitigate the grass-getting-stuck-and-catching-fire thingy. But there were two highlights in this video for me:
1. The front sway bar has been repositioned, and as a result, they've been able to make it thicker. Thanks to which they've been able to further soften the front springs - which means even better ride, without compromising on body roll. That sounds enticing, and frustratingly patience inducing for me.
2. This guy prefers the older engine and gear box combo - especially since it's "lazier". Most Raptor reviews have mentioned that the new bi-turbo, while punchier and quicker, loses steam quickly. This further affirms my belief that the current combo is one I want. But since the new engine isn't expected here before 2020, I don't suppose this is too relevant a point of discussion right now.

Also, in a similar vein, the Titanium is available only with 2.0 bi-turbo+10 speed, the Trend with both and the Ambiente only with the 3.2+6 speed, as per this video.
I wonder if that's an Australia only thing. Because otherwise, if the Titanium with 3.2+6 speed is an India only thing, I'd love to hear from you guys about how the logistics for the CKD kits will be affected.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing.
As we know, the Endeavour is coming in CKD form from Thailand, so logistics for India will remain same unless they change or discontinue the 3.2 Litre engine. India is heading for BS VI norms from 2020 onwards, so all car manufacturers are deciding each step. As per current information, India will only get the upgraded version of the Endeavour (with 3 small changes). The formal announcement of the new engines coming to India, is yet to come from Ford.
Now with Ford merging with Mahindra, we can still guess what's going to happen with the Endeavour.
Old 24th August 2018, 19:34   #3264
BHPian

Mahindra-Ford venture would have come through Detroit, where M&M has set up a new Center. This could help Ford India. To succeed in India you need to think like a local. Ford I guess never got that sweet spot like Hyundai or Suzuki, even with much better vehicles and pricing.
I would further venture to assume that this JV is only for domestic sales and not for their exports. Ford will use M&M deep network in India to boost sales while M&M gets access to Ford's technology. Now with vehicles going through a sea change from fossil fuel driven to electric, not sure what is the long term gain for M&M.
This JV has M&M stake at 51%, so expect Ford to slash a lot of heads and groups.
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 23:40   #3265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I think JEEP is a different brand altogether. We have lot many examples like this: Toyota/Lexus, Audi/Volkswagen/Skoda and many more.

The success of Compass can't be tagged to Fiat as per my understanding.
By the success of Jeep, FIAT is at least confident and ready to launch new products like .

Fiat Panda
Fiat Agro. (Crossover)
Fiat Tipo. (Sedan)
Fiat Viaggio.(Sedan)

Anyway this is my personal view, could be different to different person.
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 09:50   #3266
Senior - BHPian

A new Austrailian video on the Ford Everest 2019.

ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 20:55   #3267
BHPian

i have done 5000 Km with my Ford E 3.2. Will post a detailed thread on my experience so far : Two strange issues being faced by me

a) A squeaky noise at low speeds from the dashboard (especially on a hot summer day).
I have had the vehicle inspected few times, but the dealership (Gurgaon, Harpreet Ford) have not been able to pin point the issue.

b) Wind noise at speeds above 100 km/hr.

Any one else faced similar issues?
Old 26th August 2018, 21:20   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post

a) A squeaky noise at low speeds from the dashboard (especially on a hot summer day).
I have had the vehicle inspected few times, but the dealership (Gurgaon, Harpreet Ford) have not been able to pin point the issue.

I'm not very sure if I'm right but i have a squeaky noise in my jazz... And only on hot days mostly if the car has been parked in the sun... My theory is that its the wiper blades rubber that causes the noise while rubbing against the windshield. For me its only evident on bumpy roads.. Not otherwise
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 21:40   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I'm not very sure if I'm right but i have a squeaky noise in my jazz... And only on hot days mostly if the car has been parked in the sun... My theory is that its the wiper blades rubber that causes the noise while rubbing against the windshield. For me its only evident on bumpy roads.. Not otherwise
I will test this theory out by pulling up the wiper blades and then driving the vehicle. Thanks for the insight
ashishkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 21:42   #3270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
i have done 5000 Km with my Ford E 3.2. Will post a detailed thread on my experience so far : Two strange issues being faced by me

b) Wind noise at speeds above 100 km/hr.

There was a squeak from the dashboard left side/left door somewhere in my car some months back. I tried to get that sorted out from the workshop, but couldn't accurately reproduce it, whenever i went to the workshop. It would miraculously stop by itself at the workshop. Lived with it a few months, then one fine day while it was still squeaking, the sound changed, then something fell off inside the left front door and then it went off by its own. I think there was something in the front left door, that was trying all this while to get itself loose and then when it found its freedom, it resolved by itself.
I believe there is some thermocol packing inside the door pads, the noise has got something to so with that.
Wind noise- none so far.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks