Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2018, 17:18   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Update: My car has done 45k kms and since i'm started a drive to Sikkim and Bhutan (10k kms round trip) decided... Also changed my tires to Yokohama Geolander AT G015 with the stock size (launched in India just a month back) and should say the difference is huge. The ride is now very comfortable compared to MRF's. The truck is planted and gives a lot of confidence in higher speed and during cornering. Fuel consumption though has increased by 3-5% compared to MRF's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
70,000 kms update

Apart from the general service, got the tyres changed to michelin primacy SUV in stock size from 'Ashoka wheels', Banjara hills. I will be able to share my experience with tyres later as I won't be able to drive endeavour for couple of weeks.
Geolandar lasted only 25k kms? In other thread you have mentioned the stock ones lasted for 70K. Or is it just 1 or 2 tyres you replaced with YG (G105)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th August 2018 at 21:51. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing between quoted posts + correcting typo.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 00:19   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Geolander lasted only 25k kms? In other thread you have mentioned the stock ones lasted for 70K. Or is it just 1 or 2 tyres you replaced with YG (G105)
I believe sir you are quoting two different owners (BHPian Harshavarthan who got his tyres changed at 45k and BHPian Harsha.Muvva who got them changed at 70k in the quoted thread.) who have given the time lines of 2 different vehicles. The former lives in TN and the latter in Hyderabad. Hope this helps.
Hellzboy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 09:04   #3273
Senior - BHPian

One thing that I didn't like much with the Ford Endeavour is the side steps, but its a important utility when it comes to elders getting into car. Have come across this cool video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
I believe sir you are quoting two different owners (BHPian Harshavarthan who got his tyres changed at 45k and BHPian Harsha.Muvva who got them changed at 70k in the quoted thread.) who have given the time lines of 2 different vehicles. The former lives in TN and the latter in Hyderabad. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Just now realised the confusion between varathan and Muvva

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th August 2018 at 21:52. Reason: Typo.
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 13:44   #3274
BANNED

Quote:
One things that I didn't like much with the Ford Endeavour is the side steps, but its a important utility when it comes to elders getting into car. Have come across this cool video

Thanks. Just now realised the confusion between varathan and Muvva
Do these side steps fit without any damage to body?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th August 2018 at 21:52. Reason: Removing youtube URL from the quoted post + grammar.
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 21:50   #3275
Senior - BHPian

Found these foldable side steps and skid plates for the Ford endeavour

1.http://www.mxsmotosport.com/mxs2706

Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fb_img_1535472817979.jpg  

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 28th August 2018 at 21:51.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 23:15   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

During a casual discussion with a Ford dealer sales man, he mentioned that 1,00,000 kms limit on warranty has been extended to 160,000 kms. He was very sure in that info and said it got effective from last week.

If it's true, it's a welcome move esp for high mileage users.
Surprise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 01:14   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
During a casual discussion with a Ford dealer sales man, he mentioned that 1,00,000 kms limit on warranty has been extended to 160,000 kms. He was very sure in that info and said it got effective from last week.

If it's true, it's a welcome move esp for high mileage users.
Can someone check the latest prices of the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year? Are they increasing the years also to 7 or its just the kms increase in 5 years cover.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 02:38   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Can someone check the latest prices of the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year? Are they increasing the years also to 7 or its just the kms increase in 5 years cover.
I'll be booking next week. Hopefully, I will be provided some accurate information which I can then share.
Mu009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 08:18   #3279
Senior - BHPian

Ford warranty extension has always been a mystery and as usual most service centres are unaware or pretending to be unaware.

I believe all owners already have the 3rd year extended warranty for which they would have had paid around 20k during delivery.

I think Ford has instructed service centres to extend warranties only after certain period of time. For example you can extend for 4th and 5th year only after completing 1 or 2 years. This is just a guess. Members who have already done it please throw some light.

We as Endeavour owners should be able to buy the extended warranty directly online from Ford India. Don't you think so?
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 09:20   #3280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
For example you can extend for 4th and 5th year only after completing 1 or 2 years. This is just a guess. Members who have already done it please throw some light.

We as Endeavour owners should be able to buy the extended warranty directly online from Ford India. Don't you think so?
You can buy the warranty for the first 5yrs during the purchase of the car itself costing approximately 52k. Not sure if 6th year can be covered during the initial purchase, but can be extended later. As I mentioned earlier, I was told the recent update is extending the no.of kms cover to 160,000.
Surprise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:08   #3281
Senior - BHPian

When I bought my endeavour in Aug.2017, they were giving extended warranty only till the 3rd year with an additional payment of 20k. The 4th and 5th year came sometime later but as usual the service centre was unaware of it.
1.6 lakh kilometres warranty is worth it.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:13   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
When I bought my endeavour in Aug.2017, they were giving extended warranty only till the 3rd year with an additional payment of 20k. The 4th and 5th year came sometime later but as usual the service centre was unaware of it.
1.6 lakh kilometres warranty is worth it.
Same here as mine is May,2017. I too have the 3rd year warranty but want to know the exact prices for 4th and 5th year. Ford should extend the warranty till 7 years like we have in Fortuner.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:22   #3283
Senior - BHPian

If Ford starts the 6th and 7th year extended warranty, the total additional amount that we would pay will be around 1.30 lakhs.
Ideally this means the cost of the vehicle is this much more.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:50   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Same here as mine is May,2017. I too have the 3rd year warranty but want to know the exact prices for 4th and 5th year. Ford should extend the warranty till 7 years like we have in Fortuner.
Just found this on Ford website -
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-allnewendeavourdiesel1250x530.jpg  

harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 14:40   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Just found this on Ford website -
But as per this we cannot buy 4th and 5th year warranty in one go. It has to be individually bought for each year. I, too, have the 3rd year warranty plus RSA. It is definitely worth it especially if they combine the top up years and extend up to 7 years. The latter, especially with the niggles in the Endy, would be great.
Hellzboy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks