Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2018, 22:51   #3301
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Well tried fixing it but not able to fit it perfectly, it is not that easy to fix without tools as there is very little area for hand movement. I will be sending the car to Ford service center, let them check all hoses and make sure nothing pops out again.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-beautyplus_20180902224715935_save.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:21   #3302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hey vishy,
Many thanks dear you were absolutely right. I got hold of that pipe please see below picture. Will wait for the engine to cool down as I just came home after 1 hour of drive. It's good that I found the root cause without much effort.
It's a pleasure to help. And again, to see that I could help a fellow enthusiast .

This is the hose which leads from the intercooler to the turbo itself if my knowledge serves me right. There was basically no air going into the turbo which explains the limp home mode and sluggishness.

You can try and tighten the hose again. Just ensure that the nut which holds the clip connecting the hose is fastened as tight as possible. This could be the reason why the hose came off in the first place.

EDIT: Just read the next post. Yes, it is better to send it to the service centre since things are tight in there. Anyways, it's good to see that it's only a small glitch and not a major issue.

Regards,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 2nd September 2018 at 23:25.
vishy76 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 03:36   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
This is the hose which leads from the intercooler to the turbo itself if my knowledge serves me right. There was basically no air going into the turbo which explains the limp home mode and sluggishness.
Intercoolers are fitted on the outlet side of a turbocharger. It's purpose being to cool the compressed air from the turbocharger, before it reaches the intake manifold.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 06:57   #3304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well tried fixing it but not able to fit it perfectly, it is not that easy to fix without tools as there is very little area for hand movement. I will be sending the car to Ford service center, let them check all hoses and make sure nothing pops out again.
Does appear that the guys who repaired your car might have opened and have not tightened it properly. If it's not the case then I am afraid, it does not appear good. Shoddy assembly?

Rather than driving the car without Turbo, tell them to sen technicians at your place and get this sorted. For a detailed checkup, you can send the car to the workshop later.
Turbanator is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 19:43   #3305

Greetings !

After months of deliberations and evaluating the likes of Endeavour, T-Fort, Kodiaq, Innova Crysta and Tata Hexa , I finally booked and took delivery of Endeavour 3.2 Sunset Red.

While it was a serious decision to be made given the investment value - it was as much fun to test drive, read and watch reviews, make comparisons [excel magic], reach out to owners, etc.

T-BHP's official review and the innumerable posts and experiences from fellow Endy owners gave me the confidence to move ahead.

All said, I definitely liked Endeavour over Fortuner, in terms of :
1. sheer driving pleasure and ride comfort
2. music system
3. sun roof - a sure hit with my kids :-)

I would like to take a moment to thank my fellow BHPians who have invested so much of their personal time in sharing their experiences and insights.
#respect.

As Ford says - "Happy Motoring" to everyone.

Thank you.
VeeEight is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 20:38   #3306
BHPian

Quote:
Great catch Vishy76
Roby_dk, I saw your accident pics from 1st July. It is possible that the workshop would have touched the after-cooler hose and due to lack of proper reach the hose may not have been tightened properly, leading to it being dislodged. May be a slight turbo surge would have helped it come off.
Just a few thoughts.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 21:45   #3307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Rather than driving the car without Turbo, tell them to sen technicians at your place and get this sorted. For a detailed checkup, you can send the car to the workshop later.
To add to that. Now the turbo inlet will have been exposed to the elements (dust, moisture etc). So I think its prudent to get the entire assembly cleaned given modern day turbochargers are such precision engineered components.
Without that a turbo failure could result in the future.
Old 3rd September 2018, 21:46   #3308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post
I would like to take a moment to thank my fellow BHPians who have invested so much of their personal time in sharing their experiences and insights.
#respect.
Congratulations and welcome to Ford family.

Update on loose hose: As Turbanator suggested, called Dwarka Ford person to fix the same and was done within 10 minutes. No issues post that, glad that it was not a big problem else we might have to think to sell it.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 22:06   #3309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings !

After months of deliberations and evaluating the likes of Endeavour, T-Fort, Kodiaq, Innova Crysta and Tata Hexa , I finally booked and took delivery of Endeavour 3.2 Sunset Red.

While it was a serious decision to be made given the investment value - it was as much fun to test drive, read and watch reviews, make comparisons [excel magic], reach out to owners, etc.

T-BHP's official review and the innumerable posts and experiences from fellow Endy owners gave me the confidence to move ahead.

All said, I definitely liked Endeavour over Fortuner, in terms of :
1. sheer driving pleasure and ride comfort
2. music system
3. sun roof - a sure hit with my kids :-)

#respect.

As Ford says - "Happy Motoring" to everyone.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Ford family. Your choice of the endeavour is great.
Enjoy your drive and keep posting here.
Old 4th September 2018, 04:33   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
There was a squeak from the dashboard left side/left door somewhere in my car some months back. I tried to get that sorted out from the workshop, but couldn't accurately reproduce it, whenever i went to the workshop. It would miraculously stop by itself at the workshop. Lived with it a few months, then one fine day while it was still squeaking, the sound changed, then something fell off inside the left front door and then it went off by its own. I think there was something in the front left door, that was trying all this while to get itself loose and then when it found its freedom, it resolved by itself.

I believe there is some thermocol packing inside the door pads, the noise has got something to so with that.

Wind noise- none so far.

Thanks. Will have the thermo packing checked. Also got an interesting insight (above) with respect to the sound of wiper blades rubber
Old 4th September 2018, 05:48   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings !

VeeEight, Congratulations on the Red Devil.
Would love to read your elimination and decision making process that helped you in zeroing in on this beauty.

Congratulations once again and have miles of great ownership.
Any beauty treatments lined up for the beast?
Old 4th September 2018, 06:11   #3312
BANNED

Quote:

Update on loose hose: As Turbanator suggested, called Dwarka Ford person to fix the same and was done within 10 minutes. No issues post that, glad that it was not a big problem else we might have to think to sell it.
Can you please tell me the name of your SA? I too go to Dwarka Ford and my SA last time was not too cooperative.
Old 4th September 2018, 07:47   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Can you please tell me the name of your SA? I too go to Dwarka Ford and my SA last time was not too cooperative.
Hi Nitink,
Kindly avoid Dwarka Ford as this is one of the smallest facility of Ford. I do not prefer this for regular service and maintenance. This was the first experience with them and as the work was not that complex and it is quite near to me, I gave it a try. My younger brother called the Dwarka Ford service center and they sent the mechanic to fix this. I have been to Tanish Ford and Harpreet Ford Gurgaon the former has a better staff and ambience. They have a common area for Volvo and Ford. Since the mechanics were handling more complex Volvo's (XC90/60), I found them more knowledgeable and better. I will keep changing the service center till I find the best, this time targeting Noida Ford, Sec62 as it is quite near to my new office.

Last edited by roby_dk : 4th September 2018 at 07:48.
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 08:06   #3314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
VeeEight, Congratulations on the Red Devil.
Would love to read your elimination and decision making process that helped you in zeroing in on this beauty.

Congratulations once again and have miles of great ownership.
Any beauty treatments lined up for the beast?

Thank you, Ithaca.

Yes, I will summarize and post my experiences on the evaluations.
Yes, some grooming is planned for - prime being, a mix of ceramic coating and 3M PPF.
'Will soon post in detail.
VeeEight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 17:27   #3315
Senior - BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724...group_activity

Quote:
1 lakh completed of my Endeavour 😍😍in 2.5 years #0006
His reply to a question on performance of the vehicle...says the reliability is the issue & has to spend closer to 10% of time in service stations -:(

Road side assistance for 10 times is really worrisome in just 3 yrs. Other question to him was to be very specific about the engine problems that he faced. Let's see the response

Quote:
Vehicle’s performance is outstanding but the only problem with this vehicle is .... its not reliable .... in these 1 lakh kms i have to use RSA around 10 times mostly for battery issue several engine parts replaced. In 2.5 years vehicle spent around 2.5-3 months (other than regular service) in service center.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed