Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 18:06   #3316
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

His reply to a question on performance of the vehicle...says the reliability is the issue & has to spend closer to 10% of time in service stations -:(

Road side assistance for 10 times is really worrisome in just 3 yrs. Other question to him was to be very specific about the engine problems that he faced. Let's see the response
One of our office Trend 3,2 has run 80,000 Km and apart from the regular service & one instance of some transmission error where we disconnected the battery and nothing came back. The recent AC gas leakage issue, Refilled gas is working fine for past 2 weeks or so and I plan to send that estimate to FORD when we are certain that the AC lost cooling due to some leakage and nothing else was wrong. Apart from these, there have been no faults whatsoever.

One thing is for sure, Ford Dealers try to make money at every given opportunity, they won't skim the rotors and will insist to change rotors and pads both at every 15-20 Km. So one has to be careful with these guys, Toyota dealers are far better in that respect. It's high time before Ford Dealers realise that they need to stop looking at short profits and build the trust if they are to come near to Toyota levels in SUV sales which should be possible.

And Engine sounds exactly the same as new

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th September 2018 at 18:23.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 21:53   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to share a feature which I observed over a period of last 2 months after I updated my Sync 3 to version 3.0 from 2.3. (Aug 2017 3.2 Endeavour)

When you keep the head-lights in on position, switch off the car and open the driver door, there is an audible alarm. The reason for this is, if you lock your car with head-lights in on position, it can drain your battery overnight although the lights would be physically off. This has happened with a few members.
I was specifically told this when I took delivery of my car. However on the previous Sync 3 (version 2.3) there was no audible alarm. Can members here confirm the same in their endeavours.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 5th September 2018 at 21:54.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 22:55   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Can members here confirm the same in their endeavours.
I have the Sync 2 in my Endeavour. It only gives warning chimes if you take the keys out with the parking lamps on. There is no chime for headlight on position, and as you said, the lights remain physically off.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 07:34   #3319
BHPian

Overdrive SUV slugfest...
https://overdrive-in.cdn.ampproject....d-endeavour%2F
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 08:08   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post

From the above article:
Quote:
Stage timing
3m 29.01s

The Ford Endeavour grips the ground and transfers its power effectively. Its handling is also predictable but its large size and weight of over 2.5 tons (estimated), means it cannot be thrown about impulsively. Despite this, its stage timing is respectable.
What is stage timing?
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 08:27   #3321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
From the above article:

What is stage timing?
I think it is the timing achieved driving through the 4x4 terrain setup/stage. They had a bunch of SUVs go through this stage including Fortuner.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 18:07   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
When you keep the head-lights in on position, switch off the car and open the driver door, there is an audible alarm. The reason for this is, if you lock your car with head-lights in on position, it can drain your battery overnight although the lights would be physically off. This has happened with a few members.
I was specifically told this when I took delivery of my car. However on the previous Sync 3 (version 2.3) there was no audible alarm. Can members here confirm the same in their endeavours.
I have a 2.2 Titanium which came with Sync 3 in April 2018. I get a warning if my head light switch is in ON position and I try to exit.

IMHO, there is no technical reason for the battery to drain if the headlights are actually OFF even though the headlight switch may be in the ON position. On a couple of occasions I inadvertently left my headlight switch in the ON position overnight (or even longer) but my battery was fine.

One logical explanation for the warning chime could be that if you leave the switch in the ON position at night, the headlights would come on when you switch on the ignition the next morning but you may not realise it during daylight hours. This obviously won't happen if you leave the switch in the AUTO position because the headlights would come on only when it is dark.
debuda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 19:34   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

IMHO, there is no technical reason for the battery to drain if the headlights are actually OFF even though the headlight switch may be in the ON position. On a couple of occasions I inadvertently left my headlight switch in the ON position overnight (or even longer) but my battery was fine.

One logical explanation for the warning chime could be that if you leave the switch in the ON position at night, the headlights would come on when you switch on the ignition the next morning but you may not realise it during daylight hours. This obviously won't happen if you leave the switch in the AUTO position because the headlights would come on only when it is dark.

You are correct that there is no technical reason to the said issue. But a couple of members in an Endeavour WhatsApp group had confirmed that their battery was low and hence the car could not be started after the light was kept on overnight.
Well this may or may not be correct but as far as the Ford OEM battery goes which is actually Exide, there are many owners who have reported a dead battery within a couple of years which actually sends alarm bells ringing.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 20:31   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
Well this may or may not be correct but as far as the Ford OEM battery goes which is actually Exide, there are many owners who have reported a dead battery within a couple of years which actually sends alarm bells ringing.
I didn't know that the Ford battery is made by Exide and I am not very happy to know it either. After decades of using Exide batteries in my automobiles I experienced Amron in my last car (XUV-500) and what a pleasant experience it was. I sold my XUV after 5.5 years and 50,000 KM and the original Amron battery was still going strong!

The day I took delivery of my Endy in April 2018, about 45 minutes were spent in checking out SYNC-3 features, music system, etc. After that, the car refused to start! It was a battery problem and the car had to be jump started. The guys at the dealership told me that keeping the ignition ON for a long period (for demonstrating the features) without the engine running had drained the battery.

So I drove out of the showroom in my brand new Endy with some reservations about the battery. No prizes for guessing the first 'accessory' I bought -- a set of jump start cables! Fortunately, I did not need to use it over the last 5 months / 5,000 KM of running.
debuda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 00:07   #3325
BHPian

Good evening everybody.

I have few questions regarding Endeavour.
Is Ford planning to launch its new 2.0 Ltr engine soon and discontinuing their 2.2 and 3.2 ones?
I believe the new engines are tuned with 180 PS and 420 Nm torque and the other one is Bi turbo 215 PS and 500 Nm
Is this new engine BS-VI compliant? If yes and Ford launching this engine then they are surely going to carve a niche for themselves even before deadline.

Regards
Old 7th September 2018, 10:22   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to share a feature which I observed over a period of last 2 months after I updated my Sync 3 to version 3.0 from 2.3. (Aug 2017 3.2 Endeavour)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I have the Sync 2 in my Endeavour. It only gives warning chimes if you take the keys out with the parking lamps on. There is no chime for headlight on position, and as you said, the lights remain physically off.
My apologies to everyone. My post above, in reply to the other quoted post, is incorrect. The car does give a warning chime when the headlight switch is in the ON position, with the keys off, although the lights remain physically off.

Although the chime comes via the speakers, I doubt this has anything to do with the Sync system and is probably controlled and triggered by the BCM. So it is unlikely that the update to your Sync 3 has anything to do with this.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 11:09   #3327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
My apologies to everyone. My post above, in reply to the other quoted post, is incorrect. The car does give a warning chime when the headlight switch is in the ON position, with the keys off, although the lights remain physically off.

Although the chime comes via the speakers, I doubt this has anything to do with the Sync system and is probably controlled and triggered by the BCM. So it is unlikely that the update to your Sync 3 has anything to do with this.

Sync 2 and Sync 3 are quite different where Sync 2 is outdated.
Coming to my Endy, I early had Sync 3 version 2.3 and later updated to version 3.0. Earlier there was no alarm / chime when the head-light switch was in "on" position. After update, I have noticed the alarm / chime. I may be wrong, that's why confirming with other members in the forum.

Whatever said and done, and whatever is correct, the feature is good, as it is theoretically known to drain the battery if kept on. And I clearly remember, this on/off issue was specially told to me by the Adviser when I took delivery of my car.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 12:01   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hi Nitink,
Kindly avoid Dwarka Ford as this is one of the smallest facility of Ford. I do not prefer this for regular service and maintenance. This was the first experience with them and as the work was not that complex and it is quite near to me, I gave it a try. My younger brother called the Dwarka Ford service center and they sent the mechanic to fix this. I have been to Tanish Ford and Harpreet Ford Gurgaon the former has a better staff and ambience. They have a common area for Volvo and Ford. Since the mechanics were handling more complex Volvo's (XC90/60), I found them more knowledgeable and better. I will keep changing the service center till I find the best, this time targeting Noida Ford, Sec62 as it is quite near to my new office.
Ford Service centers have improved drastically over the last 2 years with regular training of designated technicians for the Endeavour. I had initially gone to Delhi Ford at Vasant Kunj, Delhi for 3 visits and each time it was something or the other going wrong. The SAs there were least interested after opening the job card and failed to take care of issues specifically reported to them. Hence, i moved to Dwarka Ford (about 20kms from my home) for my 4th service. It was also unsatisfactory as the service 'engineer' did not know how to get the fuel filter out in order to change it and i had to show them a video on YouTube of a Ford Ranger fuel filter change.
Next visit was to Pahwa Ford at Faridabad, where i regularly go. Though they are also tardy but take care of all your issues and correct their mistakes immediately. Plus their washing is the best of the lot till date. In fact, I had read about Pahwa Ford and Noida Ford on this thread itself.
Hellzboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 12:45   #3329
BHPian

This has happened to me multiple times as well. After listening to few songs while cleaning the car interior before an upcoming outstation trip, the dash just blinked a couple of times and went into "Battery Saver On" and the entire console switched off. Had to jump start with the assistance of my Petrol Honda city 1.5AT. This was just one of the 3+ instances that happened.

The whole point of battery saver must have been to cuttoff power before the charge drops to uncrankable levels, but that was not the case to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I didn't know that the Ford battery is made by Exide and I am not very happy to know it either. After decades of using Exide batteries in my automobiles I experienced Amron in my last car (XUV-500) and what a pleasant experience it was. I sold my XUV after 5.5 years and 50,000 KM and the original Amron battery was still going strong!

The day I took delivery of my Endy in April 2018, about 45 minutes were spent in checking out SYNC-3 features, music system, etc. After that, the car refused to start! It was a battery problem and the car had to be jump started. The guys at the dealership told me that keeping the ignition ON for a long period (for demonstrating the features) without the engine running had drained the battery.

So I drove out of the showroom in my brand new Endy with some reservations about the battery. No prizes for guessing the first 'accessory' I bought -- a set of jump start cables! Fortunately, I did not need to use it over the last 5 months / 5,000 KM of running.
vijay.sundar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 14:16   #3330
BHPian

I think better to change the battery to Amaron if the Exide is creating problems. I am fine with battery change within 2 years as I have followed the same routine with my Safari which have 2 amps and a sub-woofer. I did it without even checking the charge levels. I think my car(2011 model) is running on its 4th battery now, all from Amaron.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks