Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 10:38   #3346
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
This is going to be a longish post with many quotes since I haven't found time...
I booked on 2nd. I'm getting it tomorrow - fresh off the trolley inbound from Chennai.
Phoo! It took me a while to trim your quoted post to this much. I knew your booking announcement was going to come soon and here it is! I have read all your posts in this thread and other related threads as well. Yours must be one of the most researched car buying decisions I have come across. You were more conversant with the owner's manual than many of us owners. Like a kid in 8th std preparing for his IIT entrance test which he knows he would take one day.

You have a flair for writing, have an enviable vocabulary and a good command of the English language. I am sure DBhpian Thad will be proud of you.

Congratulations! I am looking forward to an epic ownership review from you soon. I am secretly jealous too. The sweet scent of a new car is intoxicating and I wish I could wear it as a perfume on my body. Hehe. Do post pictures as soon as you can.

Last edited by SCORPION : 9th September 2018 at 10:42.
SCORPION is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 12:20   #3347
BHPian

Thanks for all the info guys. Will get back properly to all posts in due course.

Need some help though.
2 issues before I even began PDI.

Blemish on passenger side front tyre's sidewall.
And deepish groove on front bumper, same side.

Vehicle is fresh of the trolley (which came fully loaded in front of me), and mileage is 6km.

Not too bothered about bumper - no sense in disturbing the factory fit bumper for such a small cosmetic thing. Dealership will change the tyre.

What say?

PFA photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20180909wa0003.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20180909wa0002.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20180909wa0001.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20180909wa0000.jpg  

Mu009 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 12:33   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
2 issues before I even began PDI.

Blemish on passenger side front tyre's sidewall.
And deepish groove on front bumper, same side.
I don't see a real problem. I suppose correcting bumper should be easy. You can do it just before any intended coating. The dealer itself should be able to do it for you. Or you can just let it be to save the car from 'Buri nazzar'.

Do get the tyre replaced by the dealer because no tyre shop will accept that tyre if you are planning an upgrade post delivery. Except for tyre noise, I don't see a real need to upgrade the tyres though, unless you have the extra budget.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 13:09   #3349
BHPian

Thanks. That's very reassuring.
Tyre will be replaced today itself.
As for upgrade, I'll leave the story of why not for my ownership thread. Wasn't an easy decision by any stretch, given how highly recommended an upgrade for the tyres is around here.
Mu009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 13:59   #3350
BHPian

Congratulations Mu009 and welcome to Ford family.

Black looks handsome but might need extra care and you need to pamper it time to time. Do let us know about your plans for paint protection.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:53   #3351
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mu009,

Congratulations on the great buy.
I wish you many many happy miles in the beast. Just go easy for the 1st 1600 kms. (Its written in the manual. Please check)

As a good practise (that's what I did) you can change the oil in the first 1000 kms. Reason: Brand new engine has some minor metallic parts that get off the new engine components and get mixed with oil. If you go to the service centre they may say it's unnessary but it's up to you to decide.

Black is a wonderful colour and my best colour but its tough to maintain. I'm sure you will maintain the shine by way of polishing etc.

Kindly download the Ford owners App and enter the ownership details like name, VIN etc. It's a handy app.

Best of luck.

Page 139 of manual:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20180909160157_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 9th September 2018 at 16:04.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:55   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
I will test this theory out by pulling up the wiper blades and then driving the vehicle. Thanks for the insight

I tested this theory and the same has turned out totally true. Thank you.
Old 9th September 2018, 23:21   #3353
BANNED

Quote:
As for upgrade, I'll leave the story of why not for my ownership thread.
This would be interesting to know, the first store Nandi visited post delivery was my fav tire store in India, Star Wheels, Gurgaon for better shoes and a one size upsize to Geolandars.

Since then, I've driven and sat in Endys with stock and better tires with different odo readings and I must say that the Wanderers definitely don't do justice to the Endy at all, especially after the 30k km mark.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 11:41   #3354
BHPian

Got the first puncture in front left tire. The TPMS alarm indicated the same and the tire went flat in short time. As I was quite near to a petrol bunk, I kept on driving for 500m. There were 3 punctures detected and were fixed without removing tire. I wish we could get more details from TPMS system like the air pressure, tire details etc.
Old 10th September 2018, 12:30   #3355
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This would be interesting to know, the first store Nandi visited post delivery was my fav tire store in India, Star Wheels, Gurgaon for better shoes and a one size upsize to Geolandars.

Since then, I've driven and sat in Endys with stock and better tires with different odo readings and I must say that the Wanderers definitely don't do justice to the Endy at all, especially after the 30k km mark.
Hi Devdath,
Is your vehicle up sized to Yokohama Geolandars A/T G015 - 275/60 R18 ?
Does it bulge out of the wheel well? also what is the cost per tire?
If possible please share some pics as well.
Also assuming that the up size hasn't affected any driving mechanics?
Thanks.

btw. After the discussions about the wheel nuts, checked out if there is any issue with my endy (April 2016), no issues with wheel nut fitting the tire spanner (phew, if only I figured latter some issue while away in some of my jungle drives...), thanks to the forum and our caring community, we are all up to date...

Last edited by sknair : 10th September 2018 at 12:32.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 13:44   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That's very reassuring.
Tyre will be replaced today itself.
As for upgrade, I'll leave the story of why not for my ownership thread. Wasn't an easy decision by any stretch, given how highly recommended an upgrade for the tyres is around here.
Congratulations. Black, I believe highlights the Beast in the best way. All the best for the adventures and long drives. Eagerly awaiting for your ownership review and hoping that it would inspire me to write one of my own .
Hellzboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 16:32   #3357
BHPian

Problem:
Reporting one more issue which I noticed today. Bit shocking for me that the leather cover around the gear knob became loose and came out of its place. Not expected from a premium segment car.

Anyone else faced this issue? Not sure if that can be fixed easily.

Pic attached for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20180909_145312.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 18:03   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Problem:
Reporting one more issue which I noticed today. Bit shocking for me that the leather cover around the gear knob became loose and came out of its place. Not expected from a premium segment car.

Anyone else faced this issue? Not sure if that can be fixed easily.
This is a new one. Maybe the repairs they did on your car were under pressure of timely delivery and they have missed things. You should talk to Gautam Buddh Ford and discuss the list of issues you have faced to date and request them for a once over for quality issues. I am sure they will be more than receptive .
Hellzboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 20:01   #3359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Got the first puncture in front left tire. The TPMS alarm indicated the same and the tire went flat in short time. As I was quite near to a petrol bunk, I kept on driving for 500m. There were 3 punctures detected and were fixed without removing tire. I wish we could get more details from TPMS system like the air pressure, tire details etc.

The TPMS in the Endeavour is just an alarm which sounds when the tyre pressure goes below 20 psi.

So you have to invest in an external TPMS like the one from Roger motors which I fitted in my Endeavour since April.

https://www.rogermotors.com/productd...uct/tyremates/

Advantages of this product:
1. Made in India, so if any sensor is stolen or broken, you can replace it .
2. Waterproof. Used it during heavy rains, off-roading but no problem.

You can see my Endeavour drives in the Travelogue section with the TPMS fitted.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...mbai-pune.html (Numerous one-day monsoon trips around Mumbai / Pune)

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 10th September 2018 at 20:06.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 21:10   #3360

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The TPMS in the Endeavour is just an alarm which sounds when the tyre pressure goes below 20 psi.
----------
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...mbai-pune.html (Numerous one-day monsoon trips around Mumbai / Pune)
Did you try checking if you get the same data from obd bluetooth adapter to some mobile app ? Am not sure I remember where, but I did see that data being available live through obd2.
dragunov11 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed