Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 22:38   #3466
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I procured this wrench and now it turns out that the nuts are larger (slightly) than 19 mm. Is that possible? Mine is a Mar 2016 manufacture.

Another question: Where did you procure the spare steel nuts from? Any specific brand or Ford?
Naresh, my car is also March 2016 make, the nuts fit the wheel spanner that came with the car. Can you please check if the wheel nuts fit the spanner?
sknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 02:45   #3467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Naresh, my car is also March 2016 make, the nuts fit the wheel spanner that came with the car. Can you please check if the wheel nuts fit the spanner?
The nuts swell up after repeated loosening and tightening with a power wrench at the service center (for tyre rotation or balancing). This typically occurs once a vehicle has travelled about 30k kms. So it’s just not how old the vehicle is but more specifically how many kilometers it has under its belt. Mine has already done about 53000 kms when the problem of their swelling up arose.
Hellzboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 08:41   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
The nuts swell up after repeated loosening and tightening with a power wrench at the service center (for tyre rotation or balancing). This typically occurs once a vehicle has travelled about 30k kms. So it’s just not how old the vehicle is but more specifically how many kilometers it has under its belt. Mine has already done about 53000 kms when the problem of their swelling up arose.
Where did you procure the "spare" steel nuts from? Any specific brand or Ford? What was the cost? Not the ones replaced by Ford. I meant the spare that you carry over and above.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 28th September 2018 at 08:43.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 11:39   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you procure the "spare" steel nuts from? Any specific brand or Ford? What was the cost? Not the ones replaced by Ford. I meant the spare that you carry over and above.
I have not procured any spare nuts. I believe spare nuts will not be of any use because if the nuts on the vehicle have an issue and do not come off, then how do I replace them with the spare ones? I just had them replaced by Ford. I will definitely, from now on, check the spanner-nut fix before going on a road trip.

I think ruzbehxyz had purchased a spare set.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4457525 (Ford Endeavour : Official Review)
Old 28th September 2018, 18:06   #3470
BHPian

Update on Wheel Nuts:

I reached out to Metro Ford and they said they are not aware of this issue. I also reached out to Regional Service Manager of Ford and he too said he is not aware of this. He did mention that Ecosport has this issue though.

Need advice from folks here. Is it advisable to source good quality imported Nuts from market? Any leads here?

One more question: What is the inner diameter of the nuts? Is there a technical spec available anywhere? I could not find in the manual at first glance.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 28th September 2018 at 18:24.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 00:10   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Update on Wheel Nuts:

I reached out to Metro Ford and they said they are not aware of this issue. I also reached out to Regional Service Manager of Ford and he too said he is not aware of this. He did mention that Ecosport has this issue though
I would advise you to write a mail to Ford customer care and wait for their reply before you buy a set on your own. And then, if you do buy a new set, do change the nuts immediately. I was lucky to have made it back from my Spiti Valley trip. So I would advise you to get them changed any which way.

Why not try and ask Ford about the specifications of the nut? I’m sure they would reply promptly with the correct information.
Old 29th September 2018, 09:09   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Update on Wheel Nuts:

One more question: What is the inner diameter of the nuts? Is there a technical spec available anywhere? I could not find in the manual at first glance.

Pretty easy. Just take a sample nut to a nut/bolt store. Few in Bangalore SP road. They will tell you the size spec. But please note that these nuts are typically special alloy, hardened to certain spec etc. Be very careful when you change it out with generic even if it is a wheel nut.
Czarcarsm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 10:46   #3473
BANNED

Quote:
I reached out to Metro Ford and they said they are not aware of this issue.
That is surprising, all dealers need to be aware of this. Try a different dealer, the VST group seems to be too busy in building their St.Marks Rd shopping mall.
Quote:
Need advice from folks here. Is it advisable to source good quality imported Nuts from market? Any leads here?
Why imported? TVS nuts are known to be amongst the best in the world and are used in CVs and HEMM all over.

Find a dealer (should be around JC road) and check if they have a nut that suits you, simple.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 12:34   #3474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[b]

Should be M12 x 1,5 as per this link

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/everest/2018/

and this size looks same as Toyota Fortuner if the data is correct here, so head to a Toyota dealer in case FORD guys don't give or drop a PM to n.Devnath, he can surely pull up the things at FORD

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/fortuner/2018/
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-22.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th September 2018 at 12:39.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 02:05   #3475

Hi Members,
How to disable speed limit set in an endeavour without the access of second key ?
Old 30th September 2018, 07:41   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr_ind View Post
Hi Members,
How to disable speed limit set in an endeavour without the access of second key ?
Hope I got your question right, Try valet mode in settings. It can disable multiple features so that vehicle can not be misused by parking guys. In case you are trying to disable the Mykey feature while you lost the primary key, it can be done at service center.

Last edited by roby_dk : 30th September 2018 at 07:49.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 09:36   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is surprising, all dealers need to be aware of this. Try a different dealer, the VST group seems to be too busy in building their St.Marks Rd shopping mall.

They changed the Nuts. All 24 of them. It turns out that the nuts are common for Ecosport and Endeavour (rather, same specifications).

However, the service staff told me that these are no different an these issues are common across both vehicles.
nareshtrao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 09:50   #3478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It turns out that the nuts are common for Ecosport and Endeavour (rather, same specifications). However, the service staff told me that these are no different an these issues are common across both vehicles.
This is disappointing from Ford. It was a known issue in the EcoSport right from the 2013 launch (e.g. I had this problem with some nuts, and had to procure replacements from Ford on two occasions).

And yet they happily launch the Endeavour in 2016 with the same lug nuts, and now you owners have the same problem. On a vehicle that's about 2-3 times the cost of an EcoSport.

On the EcoSport, the one silver lining is that even if a nut is swollen, in an emergency it can be carefully cut off and a nut temporarily borrowed from the rear-mounted spare. Heaven forbid one of you take your Endeavours off the beaten path, and are faced with a problematic nut.

The good news is that I've never observed any problem with the replacement nuts, only the originals that came at the time of delivery (even after multiple WA/WB cycles). So with all of them replaced, you should be good to go.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 12:26   #3479

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hope I got your question right, Try valet mode in settings. It can disable multiple features so that vehicle can not be misused by parking guys. In case you are trying to disable the Mykey feature while you lost the primary key, it can be done at service center.
Actually the other key is with my dad, so wanted to know how to disable without the need of other key
Old 30th September 2018, 14:26   #3480

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr_ind View Post
Actually the other key is with my dad, so wanted to know how to disable without the need of other key
Not possible to remove the set speed limit. Am pretty sure he had his reasons.

Great feature by Ford!
dragunov11 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks