Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:42   #3526
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Guess its a phone specific issue.
Could be! I will try another phone to single out the source of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
I certainly don't think this is a hardware issue -
Cheers!
Thanks for the pointers, I will certainly try out the easier ones first, moving on to the more complicated ones gradually. Am a bit lazy. Though, not sure if there is an option to reset sync in settings. There isn't even a button to switch off/restart the HU. It remains ON all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Please change the USB cable. Buy a high speed data cable. It should solve all your android auto related problems.
I have Samsung S8 but this is true for all.
Thanks, can you point to a specific brand of cable which i should buy? There are hundreds of Chinese cables at Amazon, not sure which one to buy. Presently am using OEM Samsung C type head cables.
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:50   #3527
Team-BHP Support

Any Samsung retail store would be selling a type C cable for a mere 600 bucks. They are made abroad [I don't have the make in information] and they are lengthy, totally VFM in my opinion.

I got 2 of them and have it in both my cars. They do a good job in charging various phones [OP/Honor/Samsung].
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:59   #3528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Though, not sure if there is an option to reset sync in settings.
On your Sync 3, navigate as follows:
Settings>General>Scroll Down>Master Reset

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-3.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-4.jpg

Seems like a non-disruptive enough reset of the infotainment system that certainly shouldn't hurt to try.
Mu009 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 16:11   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Though, not sure if there is an option to reset sync in settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
On your Sync 3, navigate as follows:
Settings>General>Scroll Down>Master Reset
I believe there is another way to reset the system. Hold the 'POWER' button and fwd scroll button '>>' pressed until the screen goes blank and restarts.

I don't know what the difference is between the 2 methods of resetting. But I read in the F150 forum and in Sync related discussions that this reset helped in permanently removing some issues like random blank screens and other software issues. I think you have to be in the 'radio' mode for this to work. Again, no harm in trying it out.

Last edited by SCORPION : 23rd October 2018 at 16:14. Reason: Typo
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 23:58   #3530
BHPian

Hey guys , I got the delivery of the beast 2 weeks ago . I had booked Trend variant earlier but later changed it to Titanium ... Here are few pics .

Endeavour comes out on top again (under Rs. 35 Lac) in the recent test done by Autocar India . Overall it scored even better than Skoda Kodiaq .

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ce=browserpush
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1929.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1935-1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1933-2.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_1934-1.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 24th October 2018 at 15:59.
ddndrive is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 19:44   #3531
Senior - BHPian

During a 1000 kms drive in Endy, the seats were not comfortable at the end of the drive as it felt/hurt like sitting on a bench for too long a period. Never felt like this in XUV even on comparatively longer drives. Is there any options through which the comfort could be enhanced without any modification to the existing seats (Airbag)

Usually I push the steering down to its lowest position (with seats to max height) & had some pain on right shoulder after driving for continuous 4-5 hrs. Have to get this fixed too (adjusting the position of seats/steering). Anyone faced such issues?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...erience-4.html (The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
j. Rat Mesh in the fresh air vent:[/b] I had an unanswered question - whether the fresh air vent is closed or open when the blower is off in the Endeavour. First the answer to the question - with blower turned off and ignition off, the vent is neither fully open nor fully closed. This position of the vent could be a potential access for any Rat or even dust when the vehicle is parked. The cabin air filter can save the day but once a Rat is inside, it's game over.
Wanted to check if someone has any idea whether this was rectified by the manufacturer itself, i.e fresh air vent is completely closed when the blower and ignition is in off position.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 25th October 2018 at 04:43. Reason: Trimmed long post quote.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 06:04   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
During a 1000 kms drive in Endy, the seats were not comfortable at the end of the drive as it felt/hurt like sitting on a bench for too long a period. Never felt like this in XUV even on comparatively longer drives. Is there any options through which the comfort could be enhanced without any modification to the existing seats (Airbag)
I believe this happens when the seat exerts uneven pressure on your thighs. You have to adjust the seat bottom angle in such a way that your whole upper body weight is evenly distributed along your thighs. Else you get the bench like feeling.
Czarcarsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 09:22   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
Am facing this issue with the sync3 touchscreen infotainment (HU) quite frequently now
I am facing the issues you have mentioned. It seems these issues are a part of the SYNC3 version 3.0 as none of these were present in SYNC3 version 2.3. The work-around for issue number 2 is to switch to phone and then back to car handsfree via the SYNC3 system or the controls on the Instrument Cluster. This way the call will be routed back through the SYNC3 system.

Quote:
Wanted to check if someone has any idea whether this was rectified by the manufacturer itself, i.e fresh air vent is completely closed when the blower and ignition is in off position.
I remember someone in our Whatsapp group posting about this issue being rectified by Ford in the newer vehicles which I personally find hard to believe unless someone with a latest manufactured Endeavour can actually check and record the vent position. Incase Ford has solved this issue, the question would be whether the patch can be implemented on older Endeavours? In my opinion, meshing would be a better solution irrespective of whether Ford has fixed the vent position or not.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 14:35   #3534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Usually I push the steering down to its lowest position (with seats to max height) & had some pain on right shoulder after driving for continuous 4-5 hrs. Have to get this fixed too (adjusting the position of seats/steering).

You are right. The XUV500 seats are better. I too had the XUV500 and felt the same. (Drove both for long drives).

The advantage of having a 8 way adjustable seat in the Endeavour is also a disadvantage as you can never get the ideal position. I like to sit upright (Scorpio like) while driving but because of my height (6 feet) I have to sit little lower in my 3.2 Titanium because of the sunroof. In the trend this is not a problem due to the missing sunroof. Initially I use to have pain while driving for 2 hrs. but now I have got use to it because of finally getting my ideal position. You have to keep experimenting the seat position to arrive at the ideal spot. What we miss here is the memory function for the seat, which is there in the Kodiaq.
Having shoulder pain is directly related to not having your ideal seating position.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 15:19   #3535
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
People who are in dilemma whether to go for 2.2L or 3.2L and cannot go for 3.2L because of budget constraints, if they hear from a popular personality or company,
And the personality is given the vehicle a 2nd time, for another weekend and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
Spot on. I’m no critic but the review is full of superlatives and adjectives without delving on the content sufficiently. Poor repeated attempts at humor make it even worse.
Looks like Ford India was reading this and hence they rap the anchor to do a better job and give him the media vehicle again, for a weekend and ALL he does it to read out a speech ensuring NO USPs are missed out, a checklist speech...!!!

Now that Aiyoh is an English word officially, that's all I can say..1 BIG AIYOH...!!!

n.devdath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 10:50   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Update - After driving for 2 to 3 weeks , gearbox is back to its old state. It is once again confused at low speed and produces the high rpm and engine noise when trying to accelerate suddenly.
It was a magic for me when I accidentally did a reset of the learning module via ForScan. The car behaved differently and the engine noise reduced drastically, the reason can be early up-shifts after reset. My wife used to pick and drop our kid to his school which is a km away confirmed a significant change in how the car drives on low speeds after the reset.

Quote:
Can also be reset by disconnecting battery and then draining reserve battery charge in 30 minutes, so that gearbox adaptive learning data is reset or erased.
A much simpler way is to reset this with ForScan. It will take hardly take 5 minutes for the entire process which includes the connecting and disconnecting OBD cable. I have reset the module twice and one can easily plan it every month without much efforts. I have installed the ForScan software in my office laptop and secured the OBD cable in the armrest console to perform this activity as and when required.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 12:20   #3537
BHPian

Apart from being a car enthusiast, I also happen to be a mechanical engineer and like to know all technical details (down to individual components) about the cars I own. Whenever I buy a car, apart from the User Manual I also like to own and study the Workshop / Service Manual (W/SM). I owned 3 different models of Maruti cars over the years and had no difficulty in buying their W/SM which also have 'Part Number' and price. I owned a Royal Enfield Bullet more than 40 years ago and bought its W/SM too and used it fruitfully to carry out major repairs personally.

In April 2018 I purchased an Endeavour 2.2 Titanium. The dealer told me that its W/SM is not available for sale and is meant for use by authorised workshops only. Subsequently, I wrote to Ford India customer service who responded saying W/SM is a Confidential document and can't be shared.

If anyone in this forum has access to Endeavour or Everest W/SM, may I request him to share the same with me.
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 10:11   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
In April 2018 I purchased an Endeavour 2.2 Titanium. The dealer told me that its W/SM is not available for sale and is meant for use by authorised workshops only. Subsequently, I wrote to Ford India customer service who responded saying W/SM is a Confidential document and can't be shared.
The Workshop Manual with Wiring Diagram and other far more 'confidential' information can be accessed online for vehicle lines since 1994 and is being sold by Ford / Service Channel Partner. I had seen the page but can't find the link right now. The problem was price - I vaguely remember it was a US$ 2500 per year subscription, hence never bought one myself.
A.G. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 09:19   #3539
BHPian

Is anyone facing issues with Horn of endeavor. My horn (High tone) stopped working in the month of May . They replaced it and it stopped working again from last week.
Old 5th November 2018, 10:52   #3540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Is anyone facing issues with Horn of endeavor. My horn (High tone) stopped working in the month of May . They replaced it and it stopped working again from last week.
My car will be completing 3 years in 2-3 months and no issues faced w.r.to horn so far. Better to have the wiring harness checked.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks