Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 10:31   #346
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
I had almost similar experience with both Ford & Toyota before I went to this Dealership at Chandigarh , so you can have bad guys as well good. Looks FORD dealers in NCR are not very keen to sell given ban and the hassles and FORD is doing no good either by giving erratic supplies , with such a capable product and so competitive prices they should have outsold fortuner by a huge factor. Don't get upset , try some different dealership , if you can travel to Chandigarh - I can recommend you some nice guys .
Yes even i think so that ford is not at all keen to sell such a capable product. Sad to see such status. Thanks a lot for the offer, I will surely let you know if I am able to take out time and travel to chandigarh. But at present, plan to buy it is dropped.

Quote:
Let's hope Ford gets it together soon! They have a good product which they need to sell - unfortunately I couldn't take advantage (so far) due to their shortcomings.
Now this hints that the problem is within Ford, if their dealers all over the nation are not to keen with customer handling. They should learn some lessons from toyota. Ford's product are very capable but their customer handling and erratic supply is what letting them down.
Old 21st March 2016, 12:04   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the Titanium is the only model with the Endy that has the outside illumination at the side mirrors, right?
yes , but I was referring to this switch for adjustments - this is at a weird place and not illuminated either .

Quote:
You can check OSRAM Nightbreaker+ or the Phillips extreme Vision
Thanks , what sort of wattage and Pin connectors should I look or are these universal these days?
Quote:
he HID's in my Endeavour are doing great job and this is another option which you can consider.
Can you share more details and from where can i get these.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image1.jpg  

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 12:38   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks , what sort of wattage and Pin connectors should I look or are these universal these days?

Can you share more details and from where can i get these.
OSRAM Nightbreaker+ and Phillips Extreme Vision come with same wattage as you stock headlamps (55/60). All you need to do is remove stock bulbs and replace with these. You don't need any Pin Connectors. These bulbs supposedly use better filaments and claim better illumination and throw.

The HID's are stock units/Factory fitted in Endeavour Titanium version. You should get these at Authorised Ford Service centre, though I am not sure on its availability.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 12:48   #349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The HID's are stock units/Factory fitted in Endeavour Titanium version
thanks but are these not only for low beam ? yes , dealers don't have any accessories yet and have no clue when will they get. Looks they are happy selling crappy mats and all that for the moment.
Old 21st March 2016, 13:19   #350
BHPian

Is there an indicator to show which gear the vehicle is in? In AT models. TIA.
Old 21st March 2016, 14:34   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there an indicator to show which gear the vehicle is in? In AT models
No , I don't think this is something you will see on any of Auto's . However if you put these in manual position then you can see the gears on the instrument panel.
Old 21st March 2016, 17:41   #352
BHPian

I have this in the polo TSI auto. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2016, 17:55   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
I have this in the polo TSI auto. Thanks.
Also on (/in the instrument panel of) many US vehicles, but cannot name particular ones right now...
Old 21st March 2016, 21:37   #354
BHPian

As per the telephone conversation I went to the dealership only to waste time as the dealer wants me to buy the insurance through them. I had gone with the cheque book to make downpayment for the new Endeavour, but Snehal Patel was very rude and insisted that though he cannot give in writing, we would have to buy the insurance from them in order to buy the car.

This is ridiculous and illegal.

I am going to escalate this to the highest possible level.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 21:54   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna
I am going to escalate this to the highest possible level.
Whom they think are they dealing with and are they selling potatoes? You have to buy 5 kg of potato minimum to have free 5 green chilies, 1 chilly per kg.

Write to customer care, that should help.
Old 21st March 2016, 22:34   #356
BHPian

The dealership in Nerul Navi Mumbai had no issues whatsoever with regards to Insurance being taken from outside
Old 21st March 2016, 22:38   #357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
we would have to buy the insurance from them in order to buy the car.
Not just insurance but also some crappy foot-mat etc what they call it as essential kit - they sell for 8-9 K probably not worth more then 2 K. Why FORD does not price it to levels where they can pay dealers enough and if they are already doing as per industry standard already then they should not encourage such practices. There was about 10K difference in Insurance being offered by dealer vs direct quote from New India. In my case since dealer was giving me a pre-budget car , I simply paid dealer but this should not be made mandatory specially on pretext of instructions from manufacturer as dealers like to call . Unfortunately this is true across most of Ford showrooms i went at Chandigarh and Ahmedabad.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st March 2016 at 22:43.
Old 21st March 2016, 23:00   #358
BHPian

Guys I have been noticing this from day one. There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre. I know it is from the AC but is this normal? I am attaching two photos of the same. Pridered and Turbanator can you confirm if this is happening in your vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-p_20160321_203118_1_p.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-p_20160321_203227_1_ll_p.jpg  

dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 01:52   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
The dealership in Nerul Navi Mumbai had no issues whatsoever with regards to Insurance being taken from outside
They're good! (Ex-Madhuban Toyota Sales Manager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Guys I have been noticing this from day one. There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre. I know it is from the AC but is this normal? I am attaching two photos of the same. Pridered and Turbanator can you confirm if this is happening in your vehicle.
In the original (Tata) Safaris, they had a rear compressor which would drain in approximately the same area.

You could check with the service guys - *IF* they even have a service manual/diagrams for the car....
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 07:46   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is an area of the roof at rear right where there is condensation of water. This is on the roof above the rear right tyre and also there is water dripping down from behind the rear right tyre.
Not observed till now , perhaps humidity in this part is not to that extent and more importantly I have not switched On rear AC till now - am driving alone. Will check in noon and update.But water coming from rear should be normal , it used to happen in my Innova as well. This should be due to rear cooling coil / evaporator.

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd March 2016 at 07:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks