Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:02   #3691
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Quick question:
It seems there's a glitch with the ambient lighting on my Endeavour. Whenever the lights come on (manually or automatically), so do the ambient lights (obviously), but, the driver's door lever light is always red when that happens. The door IS closed (no warning chimes or message on the MID either). The red light on the door lever is another indication for the door being open, I think. Once I open and re-close the door, the colour there matches the rest of the ambient lighting. Please advise.
It is happening as you are not closing the door completely. I have experienced the same sometimes when I didn't put enough effort or force to close the door. It can happen with both driver and passenger side door. As far as I remember this happened first time with my wife when she jumped in to front passenger seat and closed the door half heartedly. No warning chimes but the colour was red different than what I usually set in Ambient lightning. For a while I opened the settings and tried to make it blue again thinking someone might have selected red as default color in ambient lightning. In the next moment it was confirmed that the door is not fully shut closing it again solved the issue.

I also carried the same perception that there is some issue with my ambient light or door chimes are not able to detect the open door. In the next occurrence I moved out of driver side checked and validated the door it was not opening from outside hence no safety concerns. As per my analysis there is a sweet spot where the door is neither open or fully closed but the good thing is it will not open from outside.

In chilling winters of Delhi even I have faced the same while I start from my house and put a half hearted effort to close the door by touching the handle by single finger. Shivering hands and body in Delhi weather and starting early around 6 a.m helped in witnessing this situation twice or thrice. Only fix is to close the door again with some extra force.

I remember this issue was discussed sometime back in this thread you can try scrolling few pages back.

Last edited by roby_dk : 3rd February 2019 at 18:04.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 22:37   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
In chilling winters of Delhi even I have faced the same while I start from my house and put a half hearted effort to close the door by touching the handle by single finger. Shivering hands and body in Delhi weather and starting early around 6 a.m helped in witnessing this situation twice or thrice. Only fix is to close the door again with some extra force.

I remember this issue was discussed sometime back in this thread you can try scrolling few pages back.
Thanks for the clarification!. Nice imagery regarding your half closes!
In my case, it's purely due to babying the car - trying to not slam the doors. No wonder it happens only with my door.

Also, I'm surprised I missed the discussion - probably lost a few posts traveling.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mu009 : 3rd February 2019 at 22:41. Reason: Correction(s)
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:12   #3693
BHPian

My Endeavour 3.2 has run close to 36k kms and I feel that the rear brake pads are giving me a hard time. I got the brake pads changed when the odo was at 28k, as the brakes were making squeaking noises. The car made a couple of trips to ladakh, brakes would have handled some abuse and the life of 28k kms seemed justifiable.

To my surprise, the squeaking noise from the brakes is audible once again and during this time, the car was mostly driven on the highways.

Does it imply that the brake pads have worn out after 8k run?

If this is the case, can I demand a replacement under warranty?
Old 4th February 2019, 18:51   #3694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
To my surprise, the squeaking noise from the brakes is audible once again and during this time, the car was mostly driven on the highways.
Not at all, all brakes squeak, some less, some more, due to dust getting onto the pads and rotors with normal usage and there is no remedy except cleaning them again or ignoring the squeaks, I choose the latter and am at peace.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 19:51   #3695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
the squeaking noise from the brakes is audible once again and during this time, the car was mostly driven on the highways.

Does it imply that the brake pads have worn out after 8k run?
Best will be to show to the workshop and check the condition of discs. Chances are there are scratches due to which even newer pads are making sound. Without physically checking, it will not be possible. They will clean the pads when they open so your visit won't get waste.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 21:51   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Not at all, all brakes squeak, some less, some more, due to dust getting onto the pads and rotors with normal usage and there is no remedy except cleaning them again or ignoring the squeaks, I choose the latter and am at peace.
Thanks for the clarification. I find the noise very annoying and disturbing. I guess, I will choose the former and get it checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Best will be to show to the workshop and check the condition of discs. Chances are there are scratches due to which even newer pads are making sound. Without physically checking, it will not be possible. They will clean the pads when they open so your visit won't get waste.
Thanks, will visit the workshop and get the discs checked too.
Old 4th February 2019, 22:29   #3697
BHPian

another update! - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-410745

Per this, all new features are coming to India, including 20" wheels; but not the new engine options and 10 speed transmission

Not sure what is true and what is not!!
Old 4th February 2019, 23:16   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
another update! - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-month-410745

Per this, all new features are coming to India, including 20" wheels; but not the new engine options and 10 speed transmission

Not sure what is true and what is not!!
20 inch wheels make no sense in India - I don't think Ford would be that stupid.
And again, I reiterate, opinions and preferences so rightfully vary, but almost universally, this particular exercise in downsizing with a diesel bi-turbo is regarded as a fail. I simply cannot understand this frustration.

I for one am disappointed that one can't get the international top trim with the 3.2 anymore. Now that's for me. I wish the 2.0 didn't exist.

Last edited by Mu009 : 4th February 2019 at 23:21. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 00:29   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
I for one am disappointed that one can't get the international top trim with the 3.2 anymore. Now that's for me. I wish the 2.0 didn't exist.
Can agree that 20 inch wheels are not at all suited for the Indian roads. With the kind of setup and infrastructure we have it is quite hectic to drive with thinner sidewalls. Don't get the theory around 2.0 litre engine, what is not right there it has more power, better torque and fuel efficient as well. If 10 speed transmission is an overkill then they can continue with 6 or try 7 speed. Smaller, powerful and fuel efficient engine is advancement in technology which we should accept. We have 2.0 engine doing duty in XC90 costing 1cr with 235 bhp and 480 Nm torque.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 09:52   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Don't get the theory around 2.0 litre engine, what is not right there it has more power, better torque and fuel efficient as well.
Now I could get into a long digression and go point by point, but the gist of the matter is, all of this is on paper - power, torque and efficiency. Even the best downsized engines are plagued by debate over both feel/preferences/opinions and fact. They are certainly more complicated (a majority of them less reliable) and definitely less effecient. Even the Volvos are capped to 2L 4 cylinders only due to costs - sharing and tax saving in their biggest market of China. The cars are great, and despite them being among my favourites, I wouldn't buy one against the V6 Germans (almost none of which I like) - the V6s aren't just liked more, they are demonstrably smoother, quieter and more effecient.

Coming to this 2.0L bi-turbo. Well - when Ford did that with the petrol - downsized to V6 from V8 and slapped on two turbos, atleast there's a matter of debate - they are clearly comparable in all parameters, and they certainly do perform better in most cases. But the smaller petrol EcoBoosts don't do anywhere close to that well, and some are plain bad. Final coming to this diesel - even the paid-for autorags haven't been able to call it better than the 3.2. This one just doesn't cut it with its lacklustre top-end. As I said, most (if not all) advantages are on paper. And let's not get started on reliability - especially in Indian conditions.

Also, finally, with regard to my personal distaste - there's no replacement for displacement. The twilight years of the ICE will be plagued with overstressed, over-complicated 2.0L turbocharged+supercharged+kitchen-sinked 2L 4 cylinders. I'm in no hurry to push for that to happen, and certainly not chuffed about even the smallest signs of its proliferation, especially in places where the dying diesel might have a longer lifespan left - and certainly not in my favourite truck.

The plaintiff rests.

P.S. - And don't get me started on the number-of-gears debate.

Last edited by Mu009 : 5th February 2019 at 09:53. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 15:55   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
20 inch wheels make no sense in India - I don't think Ford would be that stupid.
And again, I reiterate, opinions and preferences so rightfully vary, but almost universally, this particular exercise in downsizing with a diesel bi-turbo is regarded as a fail. I simply cannot understand this frustration.

The reviews of 2.0L is not bad at all. for e.g - I'd any day consider a smaller, more efficient and yet powerful option if there is one!. Having a 180bhp option makes it even more interesting compared to a 160bhp option, for those who have been looking at the 2.2L option until now.

On the 3.2L option point - It is indeed sold in australia alongside the 2.0 biturbo. So its an option and that is certainly something Ford would have considered for other markets too. For them here, the current engine options are selling well (esp when i see the Dec sales). So it could be more about continuing for some more quarters with that..
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 23:09   #3702

Hello,
Has anyone tried switching their Ford Endeavour gps tracker? (autocop was offered, but the customer service has been terrible after the first year) I did some research and picked up the phoenix secure gps tracker. However, it looks like the install might be a bit invasive (just by looking at the wiring etc. that's been provided)

Pheonix secure does not have their technician in Bangalore and suggested that they know someone in Coimbatore who can help.

Please let me know what's a good way to install the gps tracker.

Thanks
Rahul
Old 6th February 2019, 19:42   #3703
BANNED

Hi Guys,

So if i want to buy endy, which one do you suggest ? i mean wait for 2.0 engine or grab the 2.2 which is tried and tested...

3.2 is not my cup of tea

Thanks,
Alex
Old 6th February 2019, 20:08   #3704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
Hi Guys,

So if i want to buy endy, which one do you suggest ? i mean wait for 2.0 engine or grab the 2.2 which is tried and tested...

3.2 is not my cup of tea

Thanks,
Alex
You don’t have too much choice. The 2.0L twin turbo will probably not be offered in India.

Try the 2.2 Titanium plus with sunroof and more airbags that was launched some time ago. May be suitable.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 20:12   #3705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
i mean wait for 2.0 engine or grab the 2.2 which is tried and tested...
2.0 is not coming, at-least not in 2019. Go-ahead with 2,2 if you don't like 3,2.

And just heard FORD is reintroducing 2,2 in Manual.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4540427 (Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India)

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th February 2019 at 20:17.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks