Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2019, 22:14   #3781
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Has anyone tried this Adaptive Volume option?

Initially, I tried it setting as HIGH and there was no effect at all.
Later on I changed it to its default, i.e. MEDIUM, and yet again no effect at all.

However, when I changed it to LOW as shown in screenshot, it started working.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-adaptive-volume.jpg

Now, whenever I reduce the speed, the volume decrease accordingly and as soon as I hit the gas, volume increase with speed.

Anyone else tried it, please confirm?

Last edited by bblost : 31st March 2019 at 22:16. Reason: Image Resize Fixed.
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 11:41   #3782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Has anyone tried this Adaptive Volume option?
==========
Anyone else tried it, please confirm?
Yes. I have had it on from day 1 and it works like a charm in all the settings.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st April 2019 at 15:54. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 11:42   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Yes. I have had it on from day 1 and it works like a charm in all the settings.
So is it working with all the settings or just when you set it to LOW?
Old 1st April 2019, 14:55   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
So is it working with all the settings or just when you set it to LOW?
Working across all settings.
Old 1st April 2019, 15:01   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Working across all settings.
Okay, but at my end its working only when set to LOW.
Old 1st April 2019, 15:30   #3786
BHPian

Update on the Extended Warranty :

Recently, purchased the extended warranty for the 4th year.

It appears that the prices have been reduced from 34k to 30k.
daf23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 15:51   #3787
BHPian

I need LED bars but I am concerned if that will void the warranty.
If not, which is the best option to go for and whether service center will install it or I need to use outside help?
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:53   #3788
BHPian

Hi,
I need some serious advice, I have been using a Fortuner for the last 8 years and have driven it for more than 1.5lac kms. Now I am in the market for an upgrade and my luck that an upgraded budget will also get me a Fortuner or an Endeavour. Really like the Endeavour but will it last 8+ years, trouble free?
Old 2nd April 2019, 17:27   #3789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Hi,
I need some serious advice, I have been using a Fortuner for the last 8 years and have driven it for more than 1.5lac kms. Now I am in the market for an upgrade and my luck that an upgraded budget will also get me a Fortuner or an Endeavour. Really like the Endeavour but will it last 8+ years, trouble free?

That's a good question. No one has owned one for so long as the new Endeavour was launched in India only in 2016. On the other hand some passionate people still have the older endeavour which has run lakhs of kilometers. So that can prove the reliability to a certain extent although both machines are miles apart.

The future of the new Endeavour is good in India until they launch the newer engines. Once these come to India, the older engines may loose charm. However that does not negate the fact that the new endeavour is a beast and a robust piece of machine.

The only downside that I feel, is the the numerous sensors, fuses and electronic stuff fitted, some of which are capable of stopping the engine. But having said that, all newer cars, even 5 lakh cars are loaded with sensors etc. because that's the future.

Regarding the Fortuner vs Endeavour debate, I simply say one thing - Test drive both vehicles for a decent amount of time and you will get your answer. Most of the people buying the Fortuner are stuck with the mentality of having a resale value and good service of Toyota. These points hold true but the Endeavour still wins overall.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 2nd April 2019 at 17:28.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 17:44   #3790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
That's a good question. No one has owned one for so long as the new Endeavour was launched in India only in 2016. On the other hand some passionate people still have the older endeavour which has run lakhs of kilometers. So that can prove the reliability to a certain extent although both machines are miles apart.

The future of the new Endeavour is good in India until they launch the newer engines. Once these come to India, the older engines may loose charm. However that does not negate the fact that the new endeavour is a beast and a robust piece of machine.

The only downside that I feel, is the the numerous sensors, fuses and electronic stuff fitted, some of which are capable of stopping the engine. But having said that, all newer cars, even 5 lakh cars are loaded with sensors etc. because that's the future.

Regarding the Fortuner vs Endeavour debate, I simply say one thing - Test drive both vehicles for a decent amount of time and you will get your answer. Most of the people buying the Fortuner are stuck with the mentality of having a resale value and good service of Toyota. These points hold true but the Endeavour still wins overall.
l also believed the same but according to some online websites, 3 year old Endeavours are significantly worth more than 3 year old Fortuner's. The story might be different when it comes to much older cars like mine.

Also, compared the sales figures of the two, its almost 4:1. So there has to be something that is going for Toyota and lacking in the Endeavour. is it?

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2019 at 18:36. Reason: Trimming entire large quote. Thanks.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:40   #3791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,
I have been using a Fortuner for the last 8 years. Really like the Endeavour but will it last 8+ years, trouble free?
Going by the current experiences of fellow members and from my own usage, maintenance costs for both will be around same BUT Toyota will always command a better resales especially when you try to sell after 6-8 Years. If that means anything then stick with Toyota but if you want to enjoy relatively different stuff (for some guys just the Panoramic roof is a big differentiator) Endeavour comes loaded with lot of extras. Take extended drives with family, these are very close yet different competitors, though you can't go wrong with either

Quote:
3 year old Endeavours are significantly worth more than 3 year old Fortuner's.
Maybe old Fortuner vs New Endeavour Though resales of new Endeavour & Fortuner both are equally strong at this moment, let's see if this continues.

Quote:
compared the sales figures of the two, its almost 4:1. So there has to be something that is going for Toyota and lacking in the Endeavour. is it?
Multiple reasons, not necessarily means that Ford is lacking something or Toyota is significantly better. I will say, Toyota brand name carries a lot of weight, today morning, I was casually chatting with an Isuzu sales guy who heard Toyota is planning to launch Hilux, which I doubt they will. In my opinion, Toyota decides a Car for any market and then just stick with their decision and it's customers who change their opinion rather them. Else no reasons why we still see Liva sisters

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd April 2019 at 18:47.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:02   #3792
BHPian

I was reading around a lot on the subject of Fortuner vs Endeavour. However, I was only focusing on the top AT variants of both. From what I could gather, the Endeavour suffers from quite a bit of turbo lag. That was one dampener for me, even though feature list wise, Endy is the winner.

I am yet to test drive either though. People who own can chime in.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th April 2019 at 11:29.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:38   #3793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
The Endeavour has it's own set of flaws. However, IMO, turbolag is not one of them. There is so much of torque low down that she is always ready to surge ahead every time you flex your right foot. You can barely make out when the VGT is cutting in and off.

Yes, the gearbox is a bit of a dimwit and hesitates for a moment or two to choose the right gear. Some people may have equated this to 'turbo lag'.

The 3.2 is a beast of an engine and makes up quite well for the flaws in the gearbox. Besides, once you get used to the engine/gearbox combo, she is a hoot to drive.

IMHO, 'turbo lag' should hardly be a deciding factor between the two SUVs.

And that brings me to a conundrum - it feels strange referring to the Endeavour as 'she'. 'He', somehow doesn't sound grammatically correct! So guys, is it a 'she' or a 'he'?

Last edited by SCORPION : 3rd April 2019 at 07:42.
SCORPION is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 08:41   #3794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
I was reading around a lot on the subject of TFort vs Endy. However, I was only focusing on the top AT variants of both. From what I could gather, the Endy suffers from quite a bit of turbo lag. That was one dampener for me, even though feature list wise, Endy is the winner.

It is a complete misconception that spread for no reason. Largely by those who have not driven it extensively.

There is a catch here. This is a "Self-Learning" Gearbox (A Ford patented technology by the way from the JLR ownership days - now variants of this tech are available in many other global brands too). The gearbox adapts to the user driving style over a few days. I can safely say that since I am the only driver for my truck and I graduated from a Hi-revving Civic to it over 3 years back. I have always driven it aggressively at the cost of sacrificing the mileage. The truck picks up like any quick car and I can safely say that it can compare with many quicker sedans. I have never felt the turbo lag except the "making up its mind which gear to choose" at times when in a kick-down mode (like when overtaking). But the torque very well compensates for it.

The reason why most of the test drive cars give that feeling is because these cars have never had a stable driving pattern due to multiple drivers for the gear box to settle down. And hence most of the folks walk way feeling disappointed with the gear box.

I am confident some of the owners here will agree with this. Hope this settles the doubt.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 3rd April 2019 at 08:43.
nareshtrao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 08:54   #3795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
It is a complete misconception that spread for no reason. Largely by those who have not driven it extensively.
The reason why most of the test drive cars give that feeling is because these cars have never had a stable driving pattern due to multiple drivers for the gear box to settle down. And hence most of the folks walk way feeling disappointed with the gear box.

I am confident some of the owners here will agree with this. Hope this settles the doubt.[/quote]

Why that's very insightful. Thanks! And yes, my comment was based on Youtube reviews. My obvious next step will be to get test drives for both the Endeavour and Fortuner. I'll update when I get to it.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th April 2019 at 11:27.
rovingeye is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks