Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 10:50   #3841
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I would say Ford is probably as reliable or a little more reliable than anything Toyota has made...

Back to Endeavour, I have had it for 3 years with no breakdowns, no issues and has never let me down. Maintenance has been low - once a year visit to garage and that's it. Minor manufacturing issues earlier were sorted and not all is good. Cost of maintenance much lower than a Toyota.

Rest other folks can add.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Hope your Endeavour continues to chug along in the same manner.
I expect delivery in 2 weeks and was getting some jitters after reading a few posts in this very review about cars refusing to start, battery drain, going into limp mode faulty sensors etc. More electrical issues than anything mechanical.

Hopefully all this has been sorted in the 2019 facelift version.

Hoping for the best! Thanks again for your reply.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 17:08   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Been using a Toyota Fortuner since 2009 and drove a Qualis before that since 2003. Completed over 200,000 kms in both with zero breakdowns or issues.

I recently had to sell my Fortuner known as Obelix on this forum.

After a lot of research I booked the 3.2 4x4 Endeavour in Diffused Silver on the 12th of April 2019.
I am hopeful that i shall have a good ownership experience with the Endy as well.

If there are any major issues i humbly request that Endy owners here may please point them out as i have only made a refundable booking so far.

Moving from Toyota to Ford has me a bit worried but the Fortuner is no match for the refinement level, ride and VFM offered by the Ford Endeavour.
Took delivery of my 3.2 Endeavour in April last year and as of yesterday, the beast has completed 35500+ kms

So far, the only times it has visited the garage is to get the routine services done. I have not faced any issues that were reported in the initial batch. I therefore assume that all of these have been sorted out.

While many of my friends asked me to test drive the Fortuner before I took the buy decision, I did not even bother with any other brand/model. And I have not been disappointed so far.

Moving forward, I don't see any replacement for this beast in my garage for quite some time to come.

So enjoy your new beast ... I am sure you will not be disappointed either.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th April 2019 at 11:34.
krishsreedharan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 18:31   #3843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Took delivery of my 3.2 Endy in April last year and as of yesterday, the beast has completed 35500+

While many of my friends asked me to test drive the T-Fort before I took the buy decision, I did not even bother with any other brand/model. And I have not been disappointed so far.

35500+ in one year is pretty high. I guess you will complete 1 lakh soon, well before you take those extended warranties. Congrats

Regarding the test drive, I too did the same. Never test drove the new Fortuner and straight away went for what my heart said - 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 19:49   #3844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I would say Ford is probably as reliable or a little more reliable than anything Toyota has made. Just so you know Ford in one of the leaders in Passenger Trucks. So much so that they have decided that they will very soon discontinue all Cars except Mustang and focus only on the Trucks like Endy, Ranger etc. etc. And also Endy (or Everest as it is originally known) is one of their smaller offerings - nowhere near the size of massive passenger trucks US uses. And in US they run huge miles each month for sure. If you go to Texas or some of the other Mid West states in US, every family has a Ford Truck

Back to Endeavour, I have had it for 3 years with no breakdowns, no issues and has never let me down. Maintenance has been low - once a year visit to garage and that's it. Minor manufacturing issues earlier were sorted and not all is good. Cost of maintenance much lower than a Toyota.

Rest other folks can add.
I am totally agree with you. Ford Endeavour is as reliable as a Toyota Fortuner if not more.
I am using it for 2 years now and covered 29k KM so far, absolutely no issue at all. When I share maintenance costs with my friends, their expressions are like They find it hard to accept that such a Tank is having such low cost maintenance.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 29th April 2019 at 17:43. Reason: See mod note
GKG4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 12:58   #3845

I have been using an Ford Endeavour 2.2AT since 10 months and clocked 12000 KM. I had a sensor issue with the climate control system which took some time to sort out. Otherwise to be frank, it has been smooth sailing till date. No niggles, no creaks and no issues. Solid Build quality and superb finish. Far ahead of any other vehicle in its class.
I had an Innova earlier and the two thing that I can crib about is that the last seat entry is pathetic and the rear seat comfort of Innova is far better.

This even after changing the tyres to Michelin Primacy and maintaining the pressure at 31psi.

Otherwise the vehicle is silent and smooth like a whale moving in the deep ocean. My answer "go for it."
cskbh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 14:43   #3846
BHPian

My Ford Endeavour 3.2 bought in June 2018 runs like a dream and happy with the purchase.

But I have an issue with the information in Ford Owner's dashboard - https://www.india.ford.com/owner/dashboard/. When I login, the next service due date is always incorrect. Since I bought the car from Metro Ford Bangalore, I repeatedly complained to them but they were not able to resolve it.
Next I wrote to Customer service at custmail@ford.com and they actively responded in the beginning taking all vehicle details and screen shot of the incorrect information and they said around 20 days ago they are actively working on it. After that they have stopped responding and the incorrect information still remains.
Can you folks help me out with this? Is there any other channel that I can escalate this issue? I know it is a minor issue but since the service Date itself is wrong, I don't believe any of the other information like health of the vehicle etc.
Acelerar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 21:27   #3847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
My Ford Endeavour 3.2 bought in June 2018 runs like a dream and happy with the purchase.
======
I know it is a minor issue but since the service Date itself is wrong, I don't believe any of the other information like health of the vehicle etc.
Same goes with my Endeavour information.
Service due date, break health, etc are all incorrect and based on purchase date only. They are even sending me reminders that my service is due based on my Purchase date of March 28th, however, my last service was in September, which gives me up to a year or 10,000 KM.
Data shown on the Dashboard is totally assumption based
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 08:15   #3848
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, just a polite reminder of our rules.

Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. Endy, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 20:27   #3849
BHPian

Is the endeavour BS6 compliant? I also have another question if someone buys a BS4 diesel car today (assuming its not BS6 compliant) and sells it after 6-8 years; will the resale value be next to nothing?
Old 1st May 2019, 20:46   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I also have another question if someone buys a BS4 diesel car today (assuming its not BS6 compliant) and sells it after 6-8 years; will the resale value be next to nothing?

Resale totally depends on what car it is and its demand at the time of sale.
Doesn't matter when you buy a car. Its RC validity is 15 years.
You can buy a BS4 vehicle one day before the target date and still use it for 15 years although resale and type of fuel eg. diesel will definitely be hampered.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:37   #3851

Does anyone know any good place in Trivandrum where I can powder coat my Brake Caliper? I have a Red Endeavour and want to make calipers fluorescent yellow. There are places where we can spray paint it, but I think it will not stand the heat for long. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:19   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parameswaran View Post
Does anyone know any good place in Trivandrum where I can powder coat my Brake Caliper? I have a Red Endeavour and want to make calipers fluorescent yellow. There are places where we can spray paint it, but I think it will not stand the heat for long. Thanks in advance.
Not in Trivandrum, but I spray painted my Chevy Magnum front and rear calipers in 2014 and it's still intact.
sreejinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:30   #3853
BHPian

A positive uptick from Ford India. The diesels will soldier on post BS6. Though this was expected news, the announcement does give some reassurance about Ford's future in India, especially the Endeavour.

Quote:
“We will continue to offer the power of choice to consumers and will not stop diesel models. Ford will also be fully ready with its range of BS6 compliant diesel powertrains ahead of April 2020 implementation," Ford India Executive Director, Marketing, Sales and Service, Vinay Raina told PTI.
The article also mentions a hint at about 8-10 percent increase for post compliant models.

Source : Zigwheels
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...dia-yet/33709/

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 3rd May 2019 at 12:32.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 12:26   #3854

So bought the endeavour last month here in Gurugram. Had shortlisted the following based on online reviews and my requirements:
1. Passat
2. Kodiaq
3. Superb
4. Tiguan
5. Endeavour

I will detail out the selection process and the entire experience in another post/thread. But for now coming back to the endeavour, I had a few modifications in mind and so finally took some time out and got these done at a workshop here in Gurgugram, to sum it up, got rid off the chrome added the visors to the side windows and the bonnet, painted the allows black and finished it off with a coating of ceramic. Attaching a few pics of the finished work:

So about 90% of what I had in mind is done, the remaining bits that I’m looking at are:
1. Need to figure out a way to replace the puddle lamp bulbs in the orvm to LED, slightly complicated process.
2. Head Lamp/ Tail lamp replacement, either the bulbs or the entire assembly to the aftermarket mustang style that is available and finished it off with a smoked black look.
3. The titanium and 4wd chrome bits need to go black, but the workshop said to turn them glossback these need to be taken off and post that alignment might be an issue. So holding it off for now, these might be removed all together if nothing works out.
(Any suggestions for these is welcome)
4. Still on the fence about upsizing the wheels, had 20inch glossy black wheels and a tire with a width of 275 in mind, but holding it off after talking to the people who have done it and online, so as an interim measure just got these alloys painted black to finish off the look.

Shout out to the workshop and the gentleman incharge, took the time out to sit with me and discuss my requirements and added/deleted a few things based on his experience on how these mods would actually look and last, quite happy with the result.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-db347002beb94b458733686440171fb3.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-992becf40f214768a8eeb0dbae5de34f.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-13de9c2b43864177a933c3bf450a986f.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-a907429b96584e1eb6590557966741ae.jpeg  

superdunkaroos is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 17:54   #3855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
So bought the endeavour last month

I had a few modifications in mind and so finally took some time out and got these done at a workshop here in Gurgugram, to sum it up, got rid off the chrome added the visors to the side windows and the bonnet, painted the allows black and finished it off with a coating of ceramic. Attaching a few pics of the finished work:

Still on the fence about upsizing the wheels, had 20inch glossy black wheels and a tire with a width of 275 in mind, but holding it off after talking to the people who have done it and online, so as an interim measure just got these alloys painted black to finish off the look.

Congratulations on buying the beast. I'm sure you will like it to the core. The new color of the Endeavour looks very elegant.
I like the black paint that you did on the alloys and looking at the same, I too plan to do it for my Endeavour. Kindly keep posting the mods as and when you do them.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed