Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2019, 21:37   #3991
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parameswaran View Post
They identified the issue to a software/ hardware mismatch as my car is not having a window wash liquid sensor but the IDS has a data option for that. I had to leave the car for a day there and they managed to get a new patch compatible with my car and updated IDS again.
Something is not right about what the service center is saying. Mine is a Feb 2016 3.2 Trend and I am pretty sure the instrument cluster in my car throws up a low window washer level warning. It definitely has a sensor for low level. You can try emptying the reservoir and check. I hope they have not messed up the issue further. IMO, the issue lies elsewhere. I think they should be able to revert to the earlier status.

It is highly unlikely that a software upgrade from Ford can mess up your car to this extent unless the service center has done something wrong. For all you know they have pressure washed the engine bay and that could have lead to electrical issues. If you have access to an OBD2 scanner, plug it in and see if it throws up any error. Or you could ask the service center to show you the scan results.

For the benefit of others here, it would be great if you could tell us the update version. Please give is an update once the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

Last edited by SCORPION : 11th August 2019 at 21:46.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 22:14   #3992
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
Have been going through the various pages for software update.

There are a few things that I want to highlight here.
1. Software update (Sync3 only). This should be done by the car owner only and preferably through pen drive route and not wifi.
2. TCM/PCM. This can only be done through ASC. where in they connect a laptop through the OBD port and update the software.

I too had a personal bad experience when I wanted to update it. The ASC always said your software is updated. For some reason or other they kept delaying. Finally I complained to Ford. During this process I discovered something. The Ford software in the ASC laptop should also be updated from time to time. If this is not done, you will not see any pending updates in your car when you connect it to the ASC laptop. This happened to me.

All in all, there are some weird reasons why ASC are not willing to perform the updates willingly and satisfy the customers. You have to fall behind then and witness the updates. But this is only possible when their own system is updated.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 16:44   #3993
BHPian

The whole process of doing these updates seem quite complex to me. It does seem like a vehicle where you need to keep thinking through something all the while. It's not a go for service and again go for service after an year type vehicle.
This seems contrary to the posts that say - it's easy on maintenance. Possibly the costs are low but the mental and physical bandwidth required along with time spend does not seem to be low.
I could be wrong, but this is the perception I am forming.

Last edited by subbarp : 12th August 2019 at 16:45. Reason: Spelling
Old 12th August 2019, 18:14   #3994

Mod note: Please avoid quoting entire large post, this affects readability, especially for mobile users. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Something is not right about what the service center is saying.
========
For the benefit of others here, it would be great if you could tell us the update version. Please give is an update once the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
I have written a mail to Ford and spoke with service centre too. During my first visit itself I had asked them about the chances of Engine bay washing creating nuisance alerts. They confirmed that they don't pressure wash engine bay.

Further, the car designed to wade through 800mm water may not be so susceptible to moisture induced electronic faults so easily.
Tomorrow I am taking the car to service centre and shall surely update the findings. This reminds me of my previous experience with Maruti Zen where the car sometimes refused to start. The Popular engineers never were able to solve that and finally I traded that off with a Dzire. I definitely love my Red Max and will try everything to solve this annoying mess.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th August 2019 at 18:25. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large post, this affects readability, especially for mobile users. Thanks.
Parameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 21:17   #3995

Just to update what transpired with the error show in my Endeavour.
As I was skeptical that nothing will show up when the car actually reaches the service center, I had recorded the alerts in my mobile phone. Lo and behold it happened exactly like that and I had to show them the video to convince them to hook up their IDS to my car.
I refused to budge from there and I could see a detailed data log of the errors happened earlier but not present now. On that count, the Ford IDS is pretty impressive.
Service center reasserted that my car is not having washer level sensor though it was available in Feb march models. Looks like Ford tinkered with lot of things like headlight washer, gear shift indicator light next to stick etc. It is impossible to have a VIN specific IDS update so this can happen to some of you too in the future, after an update.
The version they had installed was IDS 130.01 and they secured a specific patch from their Kochi Engineers and solved my issue for the time being. No idea when it might pop up again. So far it runs incident free.
Parameswaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 13:47   #3996
BHPian

While I was on a long drive to Kochi from Bangalore, just after about 100kms, a low pressure warning sign poped up. I stopped in a petrol bunk and checked all the tires, there was no issue with air pressure. I reset the warning and stared the car and after that it did not come up. Anyone faced such an issue? Any idea what root cause could be?
Old 16th August 2019, 08:43   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
While I was on a long drive to Kochi from Bangalore, just after about 100kms, a low pressure warning sign poped up. I stopped in a petrol bunk and checked all the tires, there was no issue with air pressure. I reset the warning and stared the car and after that it did not come up. Anyone faced such an issue? Any idea what root cause could be?
Yes. I have also faced it twice in the past. Attributed it to sudden change in wheel diameter on a bumpy road / bad patch.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 11:22   #3998
BHPian

Quote:
This happens when overall PSI dropped over 5PSI from initial reset or highest value.

For Eg: If your Highest value is 45 PSI and over time it dropped below 40, then you will see the light.

Now on physical check, you wont see the difference and reset is enough to proceed.
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 15:59   #3999
BHPian

Quote:
I faced that issue once on my way back from Manali when one of the wheels went in to a small ditch and got really dirty. After that the pressure sensor acted up and though all the tyres were visibly normally inflated i took it to the ASC at Mandi. Those guys said it was probably the mud and water that was causing the problem and they washed the vehicle and lo and behold the warning went off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
This happens when overall PSI dropped over 5PSI from initial reset or highest value.
This is what I also presume to be the cause as it has happened a few other times when the wheels were otherwise clean. But is the value of 5 psi from experience or a fact?
Hellzboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 16:01   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
This is what I also presume to be the cause as it has happened a few other times when the wheels were otherwise clean. But is the value of 5 psi from experience or a fact?
I dont remember the source, but I read it somewhere on the internet.
If you are using Torque (on Android) and OBD2 reader, you can check exact readings on mobile. May be that will help you to verify information and update us back.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 08:58   #4001
BHPian

Bad crash of a new Ford endeavour on the Yamuna expressway yesterday early morning with 4 fatalities. Drunken driving suspected. The SUV was flattened and recognisable by its alloys. (Pic courtesy Express photographer Gajendra Yadav)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-accident1200.jpg  

Last edited by Hellzboy : 19th August 2019 at 09:07. Reason: Photograph credit
Hellzboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:55   #4002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
Bad crash of a new Ford endeavour on the Yamuna expressway yesterday early morning with 4 fatalities. Drunken driving suspected. The SUV was flattened and recognisable by its alloys. (Pic courtesy Express photographer Gajendra Yadav)
From the looks of it, they appear to have been doing speed way beyond its ability to absorb collision impact. Just goes to show some irresponsible driving behaviour - especially if it can be established that the driver was drunk.

Sad that lives were lost anyways - RIP.
krishsreedharan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 13:06   #4003
BHPian

Thanks to a rashly driven ST bus I have to replace the passenger side mirror on my Dec '17 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium.

Based on the recent Autocar Spare Parts Survey hosted on the Ford website, ( https://www.india.ford.com/content/d...y-Jan-2019.pdf), I expected the part to cost ~17K.

Instead my local Ford dealer is charging ~27K for the part.

I have pointed out to the service manager that the aforementioned article on their own website quotes 17K for the part and he is checking with his team.

I have also written to Autocar India, requesting that they check with Ford on the reason for the large difference in published and actual prices.

Has anyone here had to replace their side mirror and how much did it cost?

Thanks
awarty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 22:01   #4004
BHPian

I have March 2017 Endeavour, and now after 2 and half years, I got those Wheel nuts issue. The Spanner not fitting them.
I emailed to Ford and to my surprise got them replaced within 12 hours of sending email.

Now the best part is I emailed them at 10 PM yesterday, and replacement was confirmed today morning at 10. That was pretty impressive, how they forwarded the issue to my dealership and resolved it lighting fast.
GKG4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 09:56   #4005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
From the looks of it, they appear to have been doing speed way beyond its ability to absorb collision impact. Just goes to show some irresponsible driving behaviour - especially if it can be established that the driver was drunk.

Sad that lives were lost anyways - RIP.
Yes read this in the paper. Apparently it fell 30 feet after breaking the railings of a flyover. According to Police the speed was 100+ at the point of impact.
Sadly four out of the nine people on board didn’t make it.
mayjay is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks