Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 15:47   #4006
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

The Endeavour displayed quite some bit of off-road abilities. Here is an off-road video that I took in Vagamon where the Endeavour outperformed many of the experienced Jeeps itself.

Onyx Panther is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 14:02   #4007
BHPian

Guys, one of my Wanderers is more or less finished. Has a bad side wall chip. Planning to replace all 4 with Yokohama Geolandar G015 AT tyres. Although I would like to go for 275/60, they are not available here in Coimbatore or Kochi. 285/60 is available and is far cheaper in Kochi. Should I go for the stock size or go for 285/60?

To the guys who have upsized, does the engine feel strained with the wider tyres, especially at speed? Your suggestions please.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 15:13   #4008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Panther View Post
The Endeavour displayed quite some bit of off-road abilities.
Thats a nice trail, thanks for making a video and sharing it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Although I would like to go for 275/60, they are not available here in Coimbatore or Kochi. 285/60 is available and is far cheaper in Kochi. Should I go for the stock size or go for 285/60?

To the guys who have upsized, does the engine feel strained with the wider tyres, especially at speed? Your suggestions please.
I think D-BHPian Turbanator has used both 275 and 285 section tires, he would be the best person to comment on this, but as far as I recall, 285 too fitted and 275 is OE in Australian Everest.

Apart from G015, you have Wildpeak AT's, Nexen AT's and of course BF Goodrich.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th August 2019 at 15:17.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 21:07   #4009
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one of my Wanderers is more or less finished. Has a bad side wall chip. Planning to replace all 4 with Yokohama Geolandar G015 AT tyres. Although I would like to go for 275/60, they are not available here in Coimbatore or Kochi. 285/60 is available and is far cheaper in Kochi. Should I go for the stock size or go for 285/60?

Over a weekend trip to Attur, the right front tyre of my Endeavour picked up a nail. This in turn opened up a sidewall cut that the tyre had acquired over one of my trips into the Nilgiris. The nett result is that the tyre is a write-off.

The Wanderers have done 43k+ kms and I would estimate, had another 5k of life left in them before I was forced to replace.

I have been asking around in Coimbatore on the available brands with A/T tyres of the Endeavours size but it appears that most, if not all of them do not have any other brand other than Yokohama (the Geolandars)

I don't plan to upsize but instead retain the stock sized tyres. I would like to hear from fellow Endeavour owners of their experiences with various A/T brands.
krishsreedharan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 09:42   #4010
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I have been asking around in Coimbatore on the available brands with A/T tyres of the Endeavours size but it appears that most, if not all of them do not have any other brand other than Yokohama (the Geolandars)
Yokohama has a very good sales team and in a market such as mine, they are doing very good. If you don't go to OTR's or don't subject it to rocks/divider curbing, the sidewalls may last.

Mod Anshuman on his IG had a video where most Yokohamas in his OTR group had failed sidewalls. Here is a post as well https://www.instagram.com/p/BrwnP0KgMpU/

Falken wildpeaks are a good alternative if BF Goodrich isn't available. 17 inch guys too have moved to Wrangler AT's or Wildpeak AT's because of sidewall issue on G015's.

Bangalore must be having more AT options. Would be better to check there.

Sidewalls issues on Yokohamas won't happen with everyone, but only if you use your SUV as you do, go to trails, participate in OTR etc, than they might give up. I won't put my money on them, period.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th August 2019 at 09:48.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 16:50   #4011
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Recommend me a set of wiper blades for front and rear.
I could not find much online.
Old 28th August 2019, 01:18   #4012
BHPian

In continuation to my previous post, settled on a set of Pirelli Scorpion OTRs. Nice tread and the tyre looks good on the car. Road noise is also substantially less than the Wanderers. Will keep the thread updated with my experiences.

Last edited by krishsreedharan : 28th August 2019 at 01:19. Reason: Correcting a spelling mistake
krishsreedharan is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 05:45   #4013
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
285 too is fitted and 275 is OE in Australian Everest.

Apart from G015, you have Wildpeak AT's, Nexen AT's and of course BF Goodrich.
Correct, I have tried both sizes and BF as well. I will suggest to stick with OE size as there are more harms on an upsized tyre than advantages. You are putting strain on axles and other drivetrain components besides the initial costs and increase in fuel consumption . I am yet to see the benefits in comfort just by upsizing a size or two. Changing the brand definitely will help. Both sizes- 275 and 285 fit.

I have bought a set of BF tyres as well but found these very hard and you can immediately feel the harshness and eventually removed after using for a few days.

Quote:
If you don't go to OTR's or don't subject it to rocks/divider curbing, the sidewalls may last.

Sidewalls issues on Yokohamas won't happen with everyone, but only if you use your SUV as you do, go to trails.
Not necessarily, this happened at 8000 km when the rear tyre grazed a curb tile while parking. Yoko, won’t even look at such damages.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-9b74118bf22448a1a0f3d6415b6120b3.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
In continuation to my previous post, settled on a set of Pirelli Scorpion OTRs.
Please do post some pictures.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th August 2019 at 05:58.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 09:06   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarty View Post
Thanks to a rashly driven ST bus I have to replace the passenger side mirror on my Dec '17 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium.
The leadership at Autocar India were very helpful and raised the issue of the price discrepancy with Ford.

It turns out that the 17K quote is for the side mirror for the 3.2 Trend variant.

The Autocar survey is based on the spare parts prices for the lowest variant so Ford was technically in the right and are using the rules to their advantage.

That being said, by using the spare parts price for the 3.2 Trend, a model that is no longer available, and probably sold in minuscule numbers, Ford is not doing right by its customers and it hurts my previously positive opinion of Ford's customer service.

While getting the mirror changed I also had Ford update the PCM firmware which moved from ANN to ANP and resulted in a smoother engine note.

I had last updated the firmware in Dec '18, at my scheduled service, so it has been ~8 months. There were no updates for the TCM.
awarty is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 07:42   #4015
BHPian

Hey guys,
I did 34k with my Endy and 2 of MRF OEM Tyres are constantly loosing air pressure, though the speed of loosing air is quite low, 1 PSI in 2-3 days.

One of the tyre was punctured multiple times, I dont know why, but every time I am having puncture, its into the same tyre.

It seems I need to upgrade at next service at 40k.

I am also confused to upgrade to which one? I was planning for G015, but now it seems that will be another bad decision (first one was not to upgrade soon after purchase)

Any proper website to see all tyres? I am planning to upsize for 275/70/R18, my OTR usage is like 5% overall
Old 30th August 2019, 14:19   #4016
Senior - BHPian

Frankly if someone has an OTR usage of 5% or less I'd now really not recommend an offroad biased AT tire. If one has to go for an AT try for a road biased AT like the pirelli etc.

I have the Yokohama G015 and frankly I find I have road grip outright! I can feel the same on dry as well as wet roads. It's definitely not as grippy on the road as even the stock bridgestone HT tires. The stability on road is just not there in AT tires.
navpreet318 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 14:41   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Sidewalls issues on Yokohamas won't happen with everyone, but only if you use your SUV as you do, go to trails, participate in OTR etc, than they might give up. I won't put my money on them, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not necessarily, this happened at 8000 km when the rear tyre grazed a curb tile while parking. Yoko, won’t even look at such damages.
Guys, your posts came in a tad too late. My Endeavour is wearing brand new shoes now. Drove down to Kochi for some work earlier this week and bought Yokohama Geolandar G015 285/60 tyres (Apr 2019 and made in Thailand) from New Bharath tyres. They looked massive when pulled off the shelf and I had second thoughts when they were placed next to the Wanderers. But when they went on the alloys and on to the car, they didn't look all that big. Looks good on the Endeavour. These tyres are about 2 kgs heavier than the Wanderers.

Comments after a few kilometers of city driving and after the drive back to Coimbatore (about 150 kms). Roads approaching Kuthiran are horrible.

1. They run a tad bit quieter at highway speeds.

2. No perceived improvement in ride quality. Infact, I found it slightly bumpier. I didn't have my trusted digital gauge with me and it read 35 psi when I checked after reaching Coimbatore. I have reduced it to 31 but its too soon to comment.

3. No issues of the tyres brushing anywhere at full lock. I took a couple of bad sections at full lock. So far everything seems ok.

4. Braking is definitely better. Can't comment on the handling part yet and I feel the MRFs were equally good.

5. I thought the wider tyres would may be strain the engine a wee bit. I had a bad experience upsizing to 255 Pirellis on my Scorpio. I could feel the strain on the engine at higher speeds. But they were more knobby, off road oriented tyres, which I bought out of pure madness. But I didn't feel any difference at higher speeds on these tyres on the Endeavour. May be, with reduced pressure to 31, it might be different.

6. Looks nice and chunky and fills the wheel wells nicely.

7. With the Wanderers, and the car on cruise control at a steady 100 kmph, the GPS speed was 96 to 97 kmph. With the new size, the GPS speed reads 99.7 kmph. I was planning to recalibrate the BCM for the new tyre size but the speedo is more accurate now. For the sake of ABS and traction control, and because these tyres are over an inch larger in diameter, I will reset the tyre size later in the BCM.

8. I am pretty sure the FE will take a hit at 31psi although there was no apparent dip at 35 psi.

I am yet to decide if I am happy with the new tyres. For now, let me just say that they look good on the car. As I put in more mileage, I will update. You guys have gotten me worried about side wall damage. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope I am luckier.

A few pics:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190827_165544.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190830_124716.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190829_165916.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190829_170025.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190830_102738.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Any proper website to see all tyres? I am planning to upsize for 275/70/R18, my OTR usage is like 5% overall
You can try either tyremarket.com or changemytyre.com

Tyremarket has more choice for the Endeavour both in stock and larger sizes. I spoke to those guys and they are pretty helpful. Even if you don't buy from them, you get a fairly good idea of what is available in the market and the approximate prices. They were offering a good discount on the same tyres I bought above, with telephonic guarantee that they will be less than a year old. But I did not buy from them because I wanted to inspect the tyres and confirm the date of manufacture before plonking my money. That's the only disadvantage with online tyre shops, I feel. You always get a much better deal when compared to tyre shops.

Changemytyre.com has less options for the Endeavour, both for stock and if you want to upsize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Friends,

Recommend me a set of wiper blades for front and rear.
I could not find much online.
Hey Benny. I am using Michelin Rainforce Hybrid wiper blades which I bought off Amazon and I find them pretty good. They are not frameless though.

Earlier I was using RainX water resistant wiper blades and they are also quite good. Available on Amazon.

Last edited by SCORPION : 30th August 2019 at 14:48.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 16:55   #4018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won't put my money on them, period.
I presume this perception is based on others' experience rather than your own

Quote:
Guys, your posts came in a tad too late. My Endeavour is wearing brand new shoes now
Do not fret a bit. I have been using Yokohama Geolandars for 15 years now - right from my M&M Classic (for 8+ years), to my Gypsy (3+ years), and Pajero (4+ years)! Never faced any issues except for occasional punctures which, BTW, were detected visually rather than due to loss of air. Have done some serious off-road trails in my Classic in my hay days and never once did the Yokos give me a reason to complain, forget about sidewall issues. In my humble opinion, you have made a choice that you won't regret for a long time to come. Geolandars are arguably the most VFM tyres that you can get today as an excellent combination of decent on-road manners and excellent off-road/trail capability. Enjoy your ride with its new footwear
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 19:01   #4019
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, your posts came in a tad too late. bought Yokohama Geolandar G015 285/60 tyres They looked massive when pulled off the shelf and I had second thoughts when they were placed next to the Wanderers. But when they went on the alloys and on to the car, they didn't look all that big. Looks good on the Endeavour. These tyres are about 2 kgs heavier than the Wanderers.
285 is a tad bigger in my opinion on Endeavour. Yoko India gives G015 pattern whereas the one I posted above is G94A, what they give standard on LC. I think it's made in Japan but I am not aware of the differences. The one you see in the my above post is G94A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Do not fret a bit. up
, Of course, these run. Another set of mine lasted over 60K but losing one tyre at 8000 Km does hurt. Maybe GA94A is softer than G015.

Quote:
I presume this perception is based on others' experience rather than your own
From my own mixed experience, I will try something else for a while and depending on the outcome will take a call. At this time - No with Yoko but that does not mean that these are useless or will get damaged. Maybe I had a bad day.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th August 2019 at 19:05.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 22:39   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Please do post some pictures.
Here's one. Will post more tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-photo_20190827_222955.jpg  

krishsreedharan is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed