Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2019, 16:42   #4051
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I asked one of the local accessories guys here at Chandigarh today and as per him it will be difficult to align the LED as the cut on the light is not exactly in the centre and the LED heat sink does not allow correct alignment. Can you share the link of LED's that you picked?
The bulbs available these days have the LED positioned right where the filament would be. The bulbs I am using allow for slight rotation for aligning. I brought the bulbs from Aliexpress - High beam is available here and I am using these in fog lamps. I recently came to know that there is a newer more powerful version of High beam bulb available as well (P20 Model)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I currently have Osram 35 W HID on the lower beams. What will be a better option?
55W LED (Good but not that easy)
55W HID (Better and with the right kit, it's a straight swap)
Bi Beam HID (Best solution but requires major rework and projector replacement)
A.G. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 23:19   #4052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi guys , what should be a fair price for a 3.2 white 2018 gurgaon registered endeavour with 20k on the odo?
And should i be looking out for anything in particular while cheking it out?

Thanks
Mayank
Bought it guys , now if someone could help me in switching to synthetic oil if someone has done so and what would be most suitable for it will be highly appreciated 👍🏼

Thanks
Mayank
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:19   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Bought it guys , now if someone could help me in switching to synthetic oil if someone has done so and what would be most suitable for it will be highly appreciated 👍🏼

Thanks
Mayank
Congrats!
How much did it cost you?
Also go with the company suggest oil, no need to switch to Synthetic.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 12:42   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Congrats!
How much did it cost you?
Also go with the company suggest oil, no need to switch to Synthetic.
Picked it up at dealer price 27 lakhs, have deopped plans of switching to synthetic will go for normal ford 5w30 and see 👍🏼
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:47   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Picked it up at dealer price 27 lakhs, have deopped plans of switching to synthetic will go for normal ford 5w30 and see 👍🏼
Congratulations. Synthetic oil is recommended for the Endeavour 3.2 and it has been a long debate whether the oil used at the dealership is Synthetic or not - atleast in my case the barrel from Shell clearly says Fully Synthetic Motor Oil.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:03   #4056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Congratulations. Synthetic oil is recommended for the Endeavour 3.2 and it has been a long debate whether the oil used at the dealership is Synthetic or not - atleast in my case the barrel from Shell clearly says Fully Synthetic Motor Oil.
The mobil drum at gautam
Budh ford noida clearly did not mention it as synthetic and they were using it for all cars. Might try and source 5w30 amsoil
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:25   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
The mobil drum at gautam
Budh ford noida clearly did not mention it as synthetic and they were using it for all cars. Might try and source 5w30 amsoil
Surprising as back in Dec. 2017 during the first service at Gautam Budh Ford, they too had used Shell Fully Synthetic Oil.
Old 23rd September 2019, 17:25   #4058
BHPian

Quote:
The mobil drum at gautam
Same is with Noida Ford

They send Service person inside, he will come back with some oil in a 5lt can.
They dont even fill it by quantity. They just empty previous oil. Close the Plug.
And then just start refilling it. They do check the oil level with the strip given.
But at the time of Billing, they charge for full quantity, no matter how much they actually used.

There is no proper way to check the quantity or quality with Noida Ford.

P.S.: I always stay with my Car during the service, so Yes, I know what I saw
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:54   #4059
BHPian

In my recent experience with Hyundai service they have automated the system so that it will fill the amount in bucket whatever you enter (5L, 7L, etc). You have to be there especially for synthetic oil as i had asked to use synthetic but right before topping it i asked if the mechanic was using synthetic and he immediately stopped. The advisor was also there and he hurriedly switched it. It was the service advisor's responsibility to tell the mechanic synthetic was supposed to be used as mechanics use regular by default. After this I suspect synthetic was used in my earlier service as i was not there.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:10   #4060
BHPian

A colleague of mine is caught it a quandary , he has shortlisted Endeavour for his next car purchase and with BS6 looming, should he wait for the 2020 release or pick up a 2019 manufactured car?. Also, he is worried about all the confusion about Ford's strategy in India...any suggestions from the members would be much appreciated.
Old 25th September 2019, 15:31   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
A colleague of mine is caught it a quandary , he has shortlisted Endeavour for his next car purchase and with BS6 looming, should he wait for the 2020 release or pick up a 2019 manufactured car?. Also, he is worried about all the confusion about Ford's strategy in India...any suggestions from the members would be much appreciated.
Hi Mazda, I just bought the Endeavour at the end of June this year. I too faced the same dilemma. Firstly with the BS6 you will get increased prices. Toyota has already announced that with BS6, the prices for Innova and Fortuner will increase by 3-5 lacs. Ford has not made any such announcements but I think they will go the same way. Also there might not be much of a fire sale type of situation because company's have started to manage production and inventory because of BS6. There might be good discounts but I think, the number of vehicles would be too less.

Secondly, strategy of Ford in India has not changed except for developing a product to slot in between Ecosport and Endeavour for which they have partnered with Mahindra. Ford is here to stay for the time being and if you ask me, tell your friend to buy the car, now.

Also there are many well informed members here, who will shed a better light on this. :-)
Vikram_agg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 06:46   #4062
BHPian

While we all knew that Ford is planning to exit through the JV with Mahindra for a while, I was not clear about the time lines. Please check this article, seems it is close to exit. We will have to see how Mahindra will operate services and sales.
https://www.rushlane.com/ford-to-exi...-12324997.html
Old 26th September 2019, 10:08   #4063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
While we all knew that Ford is planning to exit through the JV with Mahindra for a while, I was not clear about the time lines. Please check this article, seems it is close to exit. We will have to see how Mahindra will operate services and sales.
The way this will be done is not about creating a slot between Ford and Mahindra. This will be more of Ford exiting and forming a JV with Mahindra which will then be running the JV with Ford participation.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/71287529.cms
Old 26th September 2019, 10:51   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Please check this article, seems it is close to exit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
The way this will be done is not about creating a slot between Ford and Mahindra.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/71287529.cms
From the article
Quote:
Till date Ford has invested over $2 billion in India. But their earnings from India are no where close to that figure. In addition to that, their market share here is less than 3 percent. With losses mounting, the JV will ensure that Mahindra takes on a part of this financial burden.
Then there is a tweet posted by a concerned customer and reply by Ford India.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fordexitindia.jpg

My question is - Why will any major company reply to a random customer on Twitter and confirm they plan to exit. I understand the customer's psyche & predicament that he wants to be assured that his car will be maintained by A.S.S since he has spent hard earned money buying it.
But why should he (and by extension us) believe a standard reply that Ford India has previously copy-pasted extensively when the issue of its merger with Mahindra was made public a few months back.

Will such news inspire confidence in potential Endeavour customers to plonk roughly 30~40 lakhs in a product that may not be serviced by the company a few years down the line.

One more thing. The below reply from Ford India to a potential customer says that prices for BS6 equivalent vehicles will rise 8~10% across the range.

https://twitter.com/FordIndia/status...05850739118080

Last edited by Ithaca : 26th September 2019 at 10:57.
Old 26th September 2019, 14:07   #4065
BHPian

According to the article printed in Times of India today, Mahindra and Ford JV will have Mahindra as the 51% stake holder and Ford with 49% and Ford will transfer all its assets to the new company in its 49% stake except for the Engine plant located in the South.
The footnote is that due to pressure from investors and management, Ford is trying to save costs to the tune of $11 billion, globally. I don't even know what to make of this.

Also a few days back I read that BMW is so awash with cash that it has sent the rumour mill in a tizzy. The lastest being that BMW should buy JLR from Tata. What do you guys make of this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks