Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 20:55   #4096
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
My Endeavour is in the 3rd year now and I'm planning to add the extended warranty for 4th, 5th and 6th year.

Can I buy the additional 3 years in one go?

Is it possible to buy it online or I need to visit the showroom/service center ?

Yes. Possible to buy in one go. You need to know the bank details of the dealer to whom to make the payment to.
Old 27th November 2019, 12:49   #4097
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone fit an Air purifier? Any brand recommendation? I like to get one with less intrusion and space consumption. (Mine is 2.2L AT).
Any photographs of how and where you have fixed?
Old 28th November 2019, 02:34   #4098
Senior - BHPian

Is the Endeavour 2.2 rear wheel drive or front wheel drive? Ford's website simply leaves it at 4x2 which doesn't answer the question.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 03:19   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Is the Endeavour 2.2 rear wheel drive or front wheel drive? Ford's website simply leaves it at 4x2 which doesn't answer the question.
It is a rear wheel drive.
msd7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:29   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Did anyone fit an Air purifier?
Using one from Honeywell (Move Pure) brought from Amazon mounted on the flat space above the 3rd row armrest right besides the fixed glass.
Old 29th November 2019, 13:48   #4101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Did anyone fit an Air purifier? Any brand recommendation? I like to get one with less intrusion and space consumption. (Mine is 2.2L AT).
Any photographs of how and where you have fixed?
I use this one - ANSIO. Customer service has also been very good (office in Chennai). Has HEPA, Activated Carbon, UV lamp, ionizer and aroma pad.

Link - Ansio Car air purifier - Amazon.in

I don't have a picture with me, but I have placed it on the rear parcel tray powered via rear 12V power socket. This is where I should also tell that I don't have the Endy but a little Nexon.

The purifier comes with a strong nylon band for mounting also. You can actually mount it behind (around the 2 height adjustment pillars) the passenger seat's head restraint; facing the rear passenger. Power cable is quite long too. It has a USB out port also for charging mobiles from it!

I spent a month comparing Honeywell & Ansio. Little to differentiate. Decided to go for the underdog over an established brand. Been using since 3 months now. Its very good. Not a spec of visible dust or smoke remains in the car. In a matter of couple of minutes. Smoke and other smells are also quickly cleared out.

Last edited by Reinhard : 29th November 2019 at 13:49.
Old 4th December 2019, 18:44   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskbh View Post
I had a sensor issue with the climate control system which took some time to sort out."
I guess I have the same issue in my 3.2. After an hour or so in driving in traffic conditions, the automatic climate control chills the car even at 26-27 degree and I have to constantly increase/decrease temp manually. The temperature display in Sync display shows the outside temperature as up to 40 degree even in chilly Bangalore evening climate (it rapidly climbs up from 26 or so during drive).
Tomorrow, I am taking the car to the service centre. I called Service Manager already and he says that it could be issue with PCM update but I think it is a sensor issue. Was your issue similar? How did you get it resolved? Thanks.

And since I do not think the TCM/PCM was updated after I bought the car (1.5 years ago), I am planning to get it done as well. Can any one shed light on what is the latest TCM/PCM available for 3.2 Titanium (2018 model)? I just want to make sure that they really update it.

Last edited by Acelerar : 4th December 2019 at 18:47.
Old 4th December 2019, 21:42   #4103
Senior - BHPian

Ford sold 724 units of the Endeavour in November 2019 while the Fortuner continued to lead the segment with 1,063 unit sales. Gap is closing in.

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/ford-endeavou...mber-2019/amp/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 22:15   #4104
BHPian

Hello all, Any idea/guess on what would be the engine options for Endeavour in BS6 avatar from April? Would they launch the new twin turbo 2.0 engine or would it be something else?
Old 5th December 2019, 07:23   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Would they launch the new twin turbo 2.0 engine or would it be something else?
Yes the 2.0L Turbo (codenamed: Panther) that’s available globally now, is very much expected make debut in its BS6 avatar for the Endy in India. Hoping that Ford doesn’t fiddle around with the prices though.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 11:10   #4106

Can anyone help me out with a link for a good quality Shark Fin antennae? The colour of my Car is Red.
My search throws up mostly cheap looking stuff and I am worried about adhesive failing in the first car wash itself.
Old 5th December 2019, 12:34   #4107
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for pre-owned Ford Endeavour or Fortuner. Fortuner has impeccable record of reliability and if I go for it then I am sure I will have peace of mind. However my heart is on Endeavour but I am not sure about what to expect from Endeavour. I seek guidance from existing owners about what should I look for while checking out pre-owned Endeavour.
Old 5th December 2019, 13:39   #4108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Guys, I am looking for pre-owned Ford Endeavour or Fortuner. Fortuner has impeccable record of reliability and if I go for it then I am sure I will have peace of mind. However my heart is on Endeavour but I am not sure about what to expect from Endeavour. I seek guidance from existing owners about what should I look for while checking out pre-owned Endeavour.
Our Endeavour has hit close 50K in 3-4 years and barring a horn going kaput , I did not have any issues. Front tyres lasted for 45K and rear one's are due for replacement. The break pad also did last 40K KM.If you find a good a low mileage one, just go get it. The service costs are dead cheap, may be lower than Fortuner.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:13   #4109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Guys, I am looking for pre-owned Ford Endeavour or Fortuner.
====
I seek guidance from existing owners about what should I look for while checking out pre-owned Endeavour.
Best is to take it to a dealership and ask them to do a check and that way they can have a look at the service records and check if anything amiss.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 11:49   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I guess I have the same issue in my 3.2. After an hour or so in driving in traffic conditions, the automatic climate control chills the car even at 26-27 degree .....
And since I do not think the TCM/PCM was updated after I bought the car (1.5 years ago), I am planning to get it done as well.
An update about Automatic climate control issue in 3.2 and the TCM/PCM update:
There was no error in the diagnostic tool so the service center ruled out the sensor issue.
The PCM was updated from ANN to ANP. There was no TCM update available.
Also, there was an update done for FICM (or FCIM not sure).
Yesterday, after a 2 hour drive in the peak traffic, the temperature in the display stayed around 27 (which was the correct reading) and the Automatic climate control behaved. So the update seems to have fixed the issue.
Acelerar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks