Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2019, 09:56   #4111
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Best is to take it to a dealership and ask them to do a check and that way they can have a look at the service records and check if anything amiss.
Even without taking it to dealership, just by providing the car reg. no., the dealer (any dealer across India - as all have access to Ford network data) can provide the entire history of the car.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 9th December 2019 at 09:58.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 15:59   #4112
Team-BHP Support

My friend's Endeavor while waiting for some parts replacement at Kosi Ford, Purnia.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191209-13.09.51.jpeg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191209-13.10.18.jpeg

Mechanics playing music, opening the sun-roof, the entire car is dirty from inside. And why is the car in ACC mode [he switched off prior to taking pictures] why are the windows / sun-roof not shut? Why are keys not with the service manager or with someone responsible?
Sheel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 21:46   #4113
Senior - BHPian

One of the biggest downside of owning a good car. The mechanics have a field day with it at the dealership. I have experienced this multiple times with the vehicle in 4H or 4L every time I used to collect it from service. Thankfully after posting a couple of times here it finally went down.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 14:36   #4114
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have noticed "rust" on two of the doors in my endeavour. So have sent the car to service centre regarding this and also for 1,10,000 kilometers general service. I am surprised to find these rust spots and wonder whether this is something that can be resolved and if there is something to be done to prevent the same happening

Frankly I have never experienced this in the recent modern cars. I would like to know if any one have experienced the same.

Awaiting suggestion from members regarding how to proceed with this issue .

PS - my endeavour has never been to coastal region and always parked inside majority of the time.
I have already dropped email along with pictures to Ford India customer mail

Attaching pictures -
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190812_154943.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20190812_154925__01.jpg  

harsha.muvva is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 21:29   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Hello everyone,

I have noticed "rust" on two of the doors in my endeavour. So have sent the car to service centre regarding this and also for 1,10,000 kilometers general service. I am surprised to find these rust spots and wonder whether this is something that can be resolved and if there is something to be done to prevent the same happening
This is really worrisome. How old is your Endy?

From the pictures it appears that the red paint has come off exposing the white primer coat below. I was unable to see any actual rust. Was your car (specifically the affected doors) ever repainted?
Old 13th December 2019, 22:48   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
This is really worrisome. How old is your Endy?

From the pictures it appears that the red paint has come off exposing the white primer coat below. I was unable to see any actual rust. Was your car (specifically the affected doors) ever repainted?
My endeavour is 3.5 years old and the doors have never been repainted.

Got an update from the Ford India and dealership that they will be painting both the doors under warranty. I was also informed that all the wheel nuts need to changed as they have "distorted" ( I remeber changing few bolts sometime back), asked them to do it under warranty.

Also as a part of general service inspection SA has informed me that suspension bushes are shot and they need a replacement, also Drive belt along with pulleys need to replaced as there is slight noise on startup(I haven't noticed this). Asked them to go ahead with this, however as expected they don't have parts in stock and they arrived from Chennai plant today (3 days after ordering).

Expecting a bigger bill this time approximately Rs 35,000/-.
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 12:40   #4117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was also informed that all the wheel nuts need to changed as they have "distorted"
How can wheel nuts be distorted? Were OE nuts of sub-standard quality?

Quote:
Also as a part of general service inspection SA has informed me that suspension bushes are shot and they need a replacement
What is your odo reading? Suspension bushes should not need a replacement before 80-100K kms unless the car is driven on very bad roads on a regular basis!

Quote:
Drive belt along with pulleys need to replaced as there is slight noise on startup(I haven't noticed this).
Replacing drive belts should be okay but why pulleys? Did you ask them the underlying reason? If you cannot hear any noise, make sure that these parts actually need replacement. It could just be another milking gimmick by the dealer, to meet his yearly revenue projections, as the year comes to a close.

Quote:
Expecting a bigger bill this time approximately Rs 35,000/-.
Would any of this be covered under warranty?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 14:17   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I was told it's a known issue for ecosport/endeavour. There was discussion on this very thread some time back and multiple users have faced this issue

Quote:
What is your odo reading? Suspension bushes should not need a replacement before 80-100K kms unless the car is driven on very bad roads on a regular basis!
my car has done 1,10,100 kilometres. I think it's reasonable to expect suspension bushes lasting this long.

Quote:
Replacing drive belts should be okay but why pulleys? Did you ask them the underlying reason? If you cannot hear any noise, make sure that these parts actually need replacement. It could just be another milking gimmick by the dealer, to meet his yearly revenue projections, as the year comes to a close.

Would any of this be covered under warranty?
I have some issue with climate control acting weird, but not with any noticible noise as such. Since anyway it's a consumable and my vehicle has done high mileage, I didnt mind changing it.

Only wheelnuts are being changed under warranty (300 Rs per nut apparently)
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 18:25   #4119
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quick update on my (3.2 Ltr) 4Yr/40K service experience at Elite ford service Bangalore today; costed only Rs.10K including wheel alignment and balancing.
* horn issue I mentioned earlier in the thread seems to be resolved now (will wait for a few weeks/months) to see if it continues to work fine
* Other recommended service items, checked for updates in IDS
* No updates to TCM since last update which was Nov 2018
* PCM and ABS module updates were available and completed
* There is an updated synch2 - version 3.10 available, I have 3.8 version (not sure if there is any advantage of updating, please share if anyone has updated and see any benefits)
Technician Mr. Ganesh is very knowledgeable and completed all relevant updates.
Also new service manager Mr. Prasanna and Advisor Mr. Sashikanth are very customer oriented and prompt in getting the work completed.
Looks like they have a new vendor for cleaning/detailing service as well, work done this time is much better than in the past from my experience.
sknair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 21:05   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
I was also informed that all the wheel nuts need to changed as they have "distorted" ( I remember changing few bolts sometime back), asked them to do it under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

Delamination and subsequent swelling of lug nuts is common in the Endeavour and some other Ford models. The root cause is the use of two different materials in the lug nuts and flawed design / manufacture. I experienced this in my Endeavour within a few months of use and all the lug nuts were changed under warranty. I wrote about it in detail here (Ford Endeavour : Official Review).

All Endeavour owners are advised to insist on manual (by hand) loosening and tightening of the lug nuts during removal of the wheels for routine servicing at Ford service centers. Use of pneumatic wrench apparently hastens delamination.

As regards the pulleys, I too think that the Service Center is changing them unnecessarily just to make money. The likelihood of the pulleys wearing out so soon is remote.
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 00:14   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Delamination and subsequent swelling of lug nuts is common in the Endeavour and some other Ford models. The root cause is the use of two different materials in the lug nuts and flawed design / manufacture.

All Endeavour owners are advised to insist on manual (by hand) loosening and tightening of the lug nuts during removal of the wheels for routine servicing at Ford service centers. Use of pneumatic wrench apparently hastens delamination.
Yes, indeed the lug nuts are flawed by design. They are double jacketed , the outer jacket being chrome or aluminium i guess. This has happened to me a second time recently, despite assurance, the first time, from Ford India that better quality nuts were used. They did the 80k servicing complementary because of the nuts issue, and the same were changed for free.

They have also received a memo from the technical team to manually remove the lug nuts on both, the Ecosport and the Endeavour , and to not use the pneumatic wrench. I have now kept a socket wrench in my car for emergencies.

They had a PCM and TCM update (done on 27.12.2019) though i do not know the exact version and the technician also said that Sync version 3.10 is available but that it takes nearly a full day to update. So i guess it must be a significant one and plan to get it done soon.

Last edited by Hellzboy : 30th December 2019 at 00:25. Reason: removing short forms
Hellzboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 07:58   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
Sync version 3.10 is available but that it takes nearly a full day to update. So i guess it must be a significant one and plan to get it done soon.
Nothing significant about the update sir. You won't even feel it. Just that ford voice recognition is improving steadily (which AA users won't even notice).

It takes long because ever since Ford has inconveniently blocked updates at home via their website, the ASC is the only place to update, and they have to plug in the OBD and download the update (can't even pre-download with VIN), and install it. Sometimes technicians have to use their own mobile hotspot.

The next significant update is Sync 3 V3.4 which will make the useless navigation screen on the LHS MID useful by incorporating navigation directions there (just like Australia). But we won't get it - only the facelift will, apparently.
Mu009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 19:25   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
Yes, indeed the lug nuts are flawed by design. They are double jacketed , the outer jacket being chrome or aluminium i guess. This has happened to me a second time recently, despite assurance, the first time, from Ford India that better quality nuts were used. They did the 80k servicing complementary because of the nuts issue, and the same were changed for free.

They have also received a memo from the technical team to manually remove the lug nuts on both, the Ecosport and the Endeavour , and to not use the pneumatic wrench. I have now kept a socket wrench in my car for emergencies.
Well - ever since I got mine changed - have driven the car for 35k+ kms across snow and sand and the new ones have not given any issue at all - they are opened by pneumatics in the workshop/tire shops and by hand if I have to do it myself. Guess the problem is fully resolved with the new set - the older one was a nightmare.. !
Old 4th January 2020, 01:54   #4124
BHPian

Just realised that last I have updated the thread at odo reading of 90,000 kilometres (january 2019). The past one year was quite eventful with endeavour going in for two major body work accidental repairs (one rear impact and other frontal impact, both times when driven by chauffeur and without any obvious mistake from our side). Endeavour saw a total downtime of approximately one and half month for accidental repair as the parts were never in stock, the service guys lacked experience to do the repair as result of which car has to make multiple visits to the showroom to rectify the same.

1. 1,00,000 kilometres service

This was done sometime in early 2019. It is just a routine service which costed me around Rs 8,000/- (including Wheel alignment and balancing). This was done at Mody Ford, Lb nagar who did a decent job with service

2. Accidental damage due to an over speeding Swift Dzire

This incident happened at a major junction in heart of the city while our car was waiting at a red signal. I was not in car that day, my entire family was in car and all they could recall of that accident was a small movement in car and a moderate THUD. However after getting down and checking out what exactly has happened they were in shock . Apparently the driver of swift who was at good speed tried to escape a two wheeler who came into her and in panic rammed into us. Luckily both the driver and co-passenger had minor injuries.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20190526wa0026__01.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20190526wa0010__01.jpg

Badly damaged swift

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20190526wa0013__01.jpg

Damage to the boot and rear bumper of endeavour.

I was overall happy with the way endeavour came out of the incident and the car was in drivable condition. However the real nightmare started after the repair work commenced, for around 7 days we have to wait for the parts to arrive followed by painting and then the fitment. The final fitment was botched up, the automatic boot wouldn't close automatically and it used to vibrate when getting unlocked. When confronted, the service guys tried to say that those vibrations are normal and we can't expect a perfect fitment. After giving them an earful and dropping couple of mails to ford india they were able to do perfect alignment. I think this is mainly because of inexperience of mechanics and body shop guys in dealing with low volume cars like endeavour. God knows what these guys will do with a mustang. Overall this incident led to approximate downtime of 20 days

3. Another Minor frontal impact involving bonnet

After final alignment of the rear bumper and boot was done at the workshop, we took the delivery of vehicle and started towards my hometown (150 kilometres away). I was driving our superb and following our endeavour. On a arrow straight 4 lane highway without any junctions or crossings, the car was involved in a minor incident leading to small dent on the bonnet and light crack front bumper because one fellow decided to cross the road without bothering to check anything. Bonnet and bumper were to be replaced which again took 2 weeks.

After these 2 incidents there were talks of letting the Endeavour go at home, however we decided against it as the car kept us safe while taking the damage well. Total cost of repairs for these 2 incidents came to approximately 3.5L, thanks to the zero-dip and consumable add-on i just had to pay Rs 5,000/- for both the incidents combined together.

4. 1,10,000 kilometres service

As discussed in the previous posts, gave the endeavour for general service this time again at a different service centre (Fortune Ford, RTC X-roads). Following were the issues reported and work done.
a. General service including Engine oil, filters replacement(Oil and Air filter), was told AC filter was just cleaned and Fuel filter to be changed at 1,20,000 kilometres
b. Suspension bushes were damaged, Service Advisor sent me the pictures following which I approved (costed approximately Rs 10,000/- including labour)
c. I was advised to change the drive belt kit (belt+ pulleys) as there are some signs of wear and tear on belt (which i confirmed on seeing) and I was strongly advised to change the pulleys too as they noticed some sound coming from it ( I did not notice this on my own and took their word for it). This costed approximately Rs 21,000/- including labour.
d. All the wheel nuts were changed under warranty due to swelling/distortion (expensive affair if we have to pay from pocket)
e. 2 doors were repainted due to rust issue. Technician from Ford India was here to check the panels and body for any hidden rust and to over see the painting process. I was given assurance its one off incident and will probably not repeat. They have subtly hinted that it might be due to washing techniques. This was covered under warranty as well.
f. Brake pads were due for replacement and I have a set of front and rear brembo pads lying with me for a while. So replaced them at my friends garage. Initial feedback is they are as good as stock in stopping power however the pedal feel is much better. Costed Rs 12,000/- for front and rear.
g. Climate control was acting weird now and then with intermittent blowing of hot air at 22 degrees. I was told a software update was done to ACC along with PCM update.

This is the most expensive service for my endeavour till date. Total bill came to Rs 38,000/- (Gen service + suspension bushes + drive belt kit). However Total service bill for the endeavour till date at 1,10,000 kilometres is much much less than what I have spent on my 2015 VW vento (75,000 kilometres).

PS : SYNC 2 skipping the radio channels (from 93.5 to 98.3) issue is back on my endeavour after recent update. Will get it sorted at next service.

Last edited by harsha.muvva : 4th January 2020 at 01:55.
harsha.muvva is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 05:35   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
2. Accidental damage due to an over speeding Swift Dzire
The pictures speak volumes in terms of build quality of the 2 cars. Good to know that the people involved in the incident escaped with minor injuries only.

Will there be a limit on the number of claims in a policy year on such zero-dep insurances?
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed