Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2020, 13:10   #4171
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

The 2.0 litre single turbo compares favourably with the Fiat 2.0 Multijet diesel engine which is fast becoming the National SUV engine. Where the Fiat makes 170 hp and 350 NM. the Ford engine makes similar horsepower but significantly higher torque of 420 NM.

The added advantage of bringing this engine to India and getting it BS6 certified is that it can be deployed on the new Ford/M&M midsized SUV that is coming in as a successor to the XUV 500

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2020 at 05:52. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd February 2020, 14:54   #4172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Where the Fiat makes 70 hp and 350 NM
It makes 170hp mate.
Old 4th February 2020, 00:58   #4173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
It was expected as both 3.2 and 2.2 are old engines and hence too expensive to make and sell them as BS6 compliant
2.2 engine is very old and ford is discontinuing it globally. I don’t think 3.2 is that expensive to upgrade to the BS6 standards. If it is expensive ford would’ve discontinued it in UK. The 3.2 & 2.0 Euro6 engines are available in UK for ford ranger.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 08:02   #4174
Senior - BHPian

Over the last few pages there is a good discussion over the new 2.0 liter Ford Endeavour.
However there is a dedicated thread for this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...confirmed.html

Let's use this thread for future discussions on the 2.0 liter engine and keep the current thread for existing Ford Endeavour owners. Thanks.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 22:16   #4175
BHPian

Would appreciate guidance on this.
My Endeavour 3.2 litre has completed about 30,000 Kms and has no issues at all so far except a few minor issues which were resolved. I am completing about 4 years, I have warranty up to 5 years currently. Thinking about taking warranty for 6th year; cost would be about 50k. Is it worth it?
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

MOD NOTE - Dear BHPian,

There are spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Also you are requested to use full name and model of the car while framing your post, strictly no Endy or any other acronym for any make / model [e.g. ANHC, T-Fort] please.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th February 2020 at 10:17. Reason: Mod note attached.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 07:38   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
My Endeavour 3.2 litre has completed about 30,000 Kms and has no issues at all so far except a few minor issues which were resolved. I am completing about 4 years, I have warranty up to 5 years currently. Thinking about taking warranty for 6th year; cost would be about 50k. Is it worth it?
Thanks
I am also under same dilemma
But I got the suggestion to consider it as an additional insurance. You never know when you are going to need that.
And considering all the parts are going to be costly if required changes/replacement, its going to be worth.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th February 2020 at 10:17.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 08:49   #4177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks
Considering that you have done only 30,000 kms., you will mostly not reach 1 lakh kms. in the coming year, which is the maximum for Ford. Although Rs.50,000 is on the higher side, it should be considered because of failure of many small parts which may cost a bomb. And all these smaller parts, sensors are failing after 30,000 usage. To save on some amount you can take a cheaper insurance from a smaller company like GoDigit. You still get the same benefits from the Insurance. The only difference is the claim procedure. Please read about these companies in this forum.

Please note I am in no way related to any Insurance company, although I have car insurance from GoDigit for my Endeavour.

The only point I am trying to make is that the additional big amount (Rs.50,000) which you are spending only for one year can be compensated by taking a cheaper car Insurance having the same benefits. So in this way you are securing your SUV in all ways. From the 7th year onwards when you have no warranty from Ford, you can revert back to a standard car Insurance of your preferred choice, obviously after claiming your NCB.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th February 2020 at 10:17.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 09:52   #4178
BHPian

Mods, wanted this information specifically for Endeavor and hence posting it here.

How do I get a pencil imprint of VIN. My heart is not allowing me to pull apart the carpet in foot well . Can I avoid the pencil imprint and instead provide a picture of VIN at the bottom of windscreen. This is for name transfer purpose
Old 6th February 2020, 10:21   #4179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
How do I get a pencil imprint of VIN. My heart is not allowing me to pull apart the carpet in foot well . Can I avoid the pencil imprint and instead provide a picture of VIN at the bottom of windscreen. This is for name transfer purpose
My two cents.
The RTO may reject your form if the pencil imprint is not given.
What stops anyone from clicking a random Endeavour VIN off the windscreen and using that for his vehicle.
If you could visit the service center and get those folks to cut only that portion where the VIN is imprinted, ask them for double sided tape that they use, since it is heavy duty adhesive, to re-stick the cut portion.
The service center will make a three sided cut so that you can lift the flap and take the imprint and then once it is not needed anymore, you can seal it with double sided tape.

When I went for my Honda City fitness, the inspector rechecked the VIN impression in the engine bay below the hinges for the bonnet (that's where it was in the old Dolphin Honda City) from the data I had submitted.

Last edited by Ithaca : 6th February 2020 at 10:22.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:10   #4180
BHPian

Looks like RTO is not insisting on pencil imprint for name transfers . Will check once with RTO before cutting open the carpet
Old 6th February 2020, 11:32   #4181
BHPian

Quote:
Mods, wanted this information specifically for Endeavor and hence posting it here.

How do I get a pencil imprint of VIN. My heart is not allowing me to pull apart the carpet in foot well .
Have you even looked before thinking that you'll have to cut the carpet?

Screenshot from TeamBHP's official review:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20200206112838.jpg
Mu009 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 12:03   #4182
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like RTO is not insisting on pencil imprint for name transfers . Will check once with RTO before cutting open the carpet
That would solve all your problems.
In my case, the agent I was dealing with insisted in 4 copies of the VIN stamping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Have you even looked before thinking that you'll have to cut the carpet?
Sometimes a vehicle has floor lamination done by the previous owner.
In those cases, the lamination near the VIN number needs to be cut - talking from experience here.
Got it cut at the service center by the person who's job it was to carry out all accessories fitting before a new car is delivered.
This guy told me that if the lamination is done at competent sales outlets, the guy fitting the floor lamination will make provisions to allow access to the VIN stamp.
However if it is done externally from the road side accessories dealers, the chaps do not bother with these things and completely laminate the floor.
He gave me some heavy duty 3M tape and some clips for the floor mats too.

Last edited by Ithaca : 6th February 2020 at 12:06. Reason: Punctuation & spelling mistakes.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 19:03   #4183
BHPian

Somewhere in this thread, I read that Headlamp bulbs are H8, but I opened mine and found that they are Philiphs HB3 12V 60W E1.

They are not bright enough, so can anyone suggest me better alternate, probably LED?
Old 7th February 2020, 22:18   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Somewhere in this thread, I read that Headlamp bulbs are H8, but I opened mine and found that they are Philiphs HB3 12V 60W E1.

They are not bright enough, so can anyone suggest me better alternate, probably LED?
I don't think anyone has ever mentioned the headlamp bulbs are H8, at least in this thread. If you have a Titanium, you will have HB3 halogens as your high beam bulbs, HIDs in the projectors and H8 halogens in your fogs. Trend models have H11 halogens in the low beam projectors. The other bulbs are the same.

The stock high beam bulbs are slightly better than candles. If you want to stick with halogens, you can go for Osram Nighbreaker Laser in HB3. They are far better (a highly relative statement) than stock bulbs. By far, the best 60W halogens you can buy.

You can go for LEDs. But the problem with LEDs in the Endeavour is that there is absolutely no space to install a regular LED HB3 bulb with fans or fins. You will not be able to twist the bulb into the slot. The only LEDs which will fit in the Endeavour are P20 mini LEDs. Several of us are using these bulbs which we bought off Ali Express. Tried and tested. They are really good and mimic the halogen bulb in size and beam pattern. So you don't cause glare to other road users. You can read some short reviews about them elsewhere in this thread.

Am posting a link below for the P20 LEDs.

#Aliexpress Rs. 2,898.30 35%OFF | 2x H11 H8 H7 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 9012 LED Mini Slim LED Car Headlight Lamp 6500K Cool White 80W 10400LM Fog Light Bulbs
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sMsZ6u

Last edited by SCORPION : 7th February 2020 at 22:21.
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 22:42   #4185
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest Autocar has a review of the Endeavour 2.0. Highlight is that it has a narrow power band between 1800 to 3500 rpm, but is quite and refined and the 10 speed auto camouflages the narrow power band mostly. The gearbox is a torque converter, but has algorithms to move multiple gears at a time based on need (e.g. 7th to 3rd directly)

Ride has improved and the suspension is softer than before (I remember the rear occupants complaining that the ride was bouncy when I tested the 3.2 on launch). It is a connected car now with Ford Pass app.

What surprised me is that the 0-100 time has actually gone up from around 12 seconds in the previous 3.2 version to 12.75 seconds now. In-gear acceleration also does not seem impressive, given all the supposed sophistication of the gear box. It takes 7.51 seconds from 20-80 in kick-down and 9.6 seconds from 40-100.

I think Ford should have given us the bi-turbo version on such a pricey SUV, costing almost 40 lakhs on-road. An additional lakh or so, to absorb the cost of the second turbo would hardly have made a difference to the on-road price, but it would have given the Endeavour the badge of being the most powerful SUV in the segment. Ford is starting to behave like Honda - “We know better, these Indians only need this much” attitude. And we know where that leads such manufacturers.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 7th February 2020 at 22:47.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks