Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 17:15   #4216
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
If any Endeavour owner is in a similar predicament (Map / POI database version is blank), please let me know.
Map display not showing any version info is something I have had too. After upgrading the maps from Naviextras, this information never showed up in my Endeavour as well till I upgraded to SYNC3 version 3.4 from an unofficial release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Naviextras is not available for India. It's only for some other countries.
Quote:
Naviextras was never for India as confirmed by Ford India. Unfortunately we are treated like the unwanted.
Have updated the maps twice using Naviextras. Sharing a screenshot of the Naviextras Ford/Lincon Toolbox from the update process I had documented for my own use
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-naviextras.jpg
A.G. is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 20:32   #4217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Map display not showing any version info is something I have had too. After upgrading the maps from Naviextras, this information never showed up in my Endeavour as well till I upgraded to SYNC3 version 3.4 from an unofficial release.
My display shows : "SYNC 3, software version 3.0, Build 19205". So is this version 3.3?

How did you upgrade to version 3.4?
Old 5th March 2020, 02:26   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Have updated the maps twice using Naviextras. Sharing a screenshot of the Naviextras Ford/Lincon Toolbox from the update process I had documented for my own use
Thanks. It would be great if you can share the step by step procedure for the update.
Old 11th March 2020, 22:07   #4219
BHPian

Quote:
My display shows : "SYNC 3, software version 3.0, Build 19205". So is this version 3.3?
This is version SYNC3 version 3.0
Quote:
How did you upgrade to version 3.4?
There is an unofficial backdoor process to upgrade to SYNC3 version 3.4 Build 20021 but I would advise against it for now since apart from gaining new features and UI, you get some bugs.
Quote:
Thanks. It would be great if you can share the step by step procedure for the update.
Will compile and share shortly.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 08:27   #4220
Senior - BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend.

This is the procedure to upgrade your Sync 2 for the benefit of those who own the 2016 model.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 13:43   #4221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
#Aliexpress Rs. 2,898.30 35%OFF | 2x H11 H8 H7 9005 HB3 9006 HB4 9012 LED Mini Slim LED Car Headlight Lamp 6500K Cool White 80W 10400LM Fog Light Bulbs
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sMsZ6u
I received these bulbs today itself and installed them myself.

I have one concern, since wire is bit long and there is this Canbus adapter too. Is it safe to wrap that much wire within the assembly? I mean once bulb gets heat, is there any risk as well?
Old 23rd March 2020, 00:12   #4222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Is it safe to wrap that much wire within the assembly? I mean once bulb gets heat, is there any risk as well?
Now, this has been one of my real concerns with this set up. I have switched the dust covers from my low beams to the high beam. Reason - the low beam dust covers had holes on them, made by the accessory guy while fitting after market HIDs. I have a 3.2 Trend which came with halogens in the projectors. I have the P20 wires and the box outside the dust cover. Not ideal, but I too was worried about the damage that heat might cause in the tiny confines of the high beam housing. The low beam dust covers are new and I have used the rubber grommets that come with HIDs.

Having said that, please rest assured, all the other P20 users in our group have the wires and the box inside the housing. No issues reported. Some of them have been using it like that for several months. So I don't think you need to worry.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 01:10   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Having said that, please rest assured, all the other P20 users in our group have the wires and the box inside the housing. No issues reported. Some of them have been using it like that for several months. So I don't think you need to worry.
Thanks for assurance, didn't get the chance to test the upgrade in real world scenario due to this Covid 19 Pandemic.

Will update my experience once this is over.
Old 24th March 2020, 19:28   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
I need another help, I need to know the right angle/alignment of this LED bulb to get projection as far as possible.
As of now the bulbs are diagonal and it seems they are not throwing the lights far even though they are quite bright.
Old 24th March 2020, 22:51   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
I need another help, I need to know the right angle/alignment of this LED bulb to get projection as far as possible.
As of now the bulbs are diagonal and it seems they are not throwing the lights far even though they are quite bright.
Getting the alignment right is difficult since these bulbs don't slot in as easily as halogens do. Plus there is the added issue of these bulbs twisting in their own base, when you try to slot them in. This ability to adjust the alignment is a good feature IMO. But that also makes it all the more difficult in the tight confines behind the headlamp housing, especially the left side. I too have the bulbs diagonal, in the sense, at about 45 degree angle, and so do some others. Many others have it up right. I would suggest you park against a wall and adjust the beam to what suits you best. Remember, the bulb is free to twist on its base by applying pressure on the base and twisting. I have a Trend and I do not have the auto levelling headlamps, which is good in a way. I can adjust the beam to whatever height I please. I am quite satisfied with the throw and my highway night drives have become relatively faster.
Old 24th March 2020, 23:01   #4226
BHPian

Quote:
Getting the alignment right is difficult since these bulbs don't slot in as easily as halogens do. Plus there is the added issue of these bulbs twisting in their own base, when you try to slot them in. This ability to adjust the alignment is a good feature IMO. But that also makes it all the more difficult in the tight confines behind the headlamp housing, especially the left side. I too have the bulbs diagonal, in the sense, at about 45 degree angle, and so do some others. Many others have it up right. I would suggest you park against a wall and adjust the beam to what suits you best. Remember, the bulb is free to twist on its base by applying pressure on the base and twisting. I have a Trend and I do not have the auto levelling headlamps, which is good in a way. I can adjust the beam to whatever height I please. I am quite satisfied with the throw and my highway night drives have become relatively faster.
Thanks for the tip, I already fixed the right bulb, however, the left bulb, as you stated was hard to fix and now its stuck inside the assembly, at 90deg

I believe, since its 21 days lockdown, I have sufficient time, and no alternative.
I am going to dismantle the left headlamp and try to fix it the hard way.
Old 24th March 2020, 23:36   #4227
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to dismantle the left headlamp and try to fix it the hard way.
It's quite easy to land up with these bulbs stuck in awkward angles. But some gentle rocking and patience will eventually dislodge the stuck bulb. You really don't need to remove the whole headlamp. Speaking from experience.
Old 24th March 2020, 23:38   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
It's quite easy to land up with these bulbs stuck in awkward angles. But some gentle rocking and patience will eventually dislodge the stuck bulb. You really don't need to remove the whole headlamp. Speaking from experience.
I spent almost 30 minutes, but its stuck badly, I will try to take it out with patience tomorrow, before actually dismantling the whole assembly.
Old 25th March 2020, 15:00   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, you were right. I was able to take it out without dismantling the whole assembly.
I even leveled the lights manually, as though its autolevelling headlamps I always found left light bit higher than right one.

I have new query now, does low beam have different patterns for left and right lights? Left seems always bit higher than right one. Is it because us always have upcoming traffic from right side?
Old 29th March 2020, 19:09   #4230
BHPian

Due to covid lockdown, unable to take the car out for a few weeks now. Any tips to make sure everything is in working condition till the lockdown is lifted please?

Last edited by sknair : 29th March 2020 at 19:11.

Most Viewed