Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 22:03   #4231
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Due to covid lockdown, unable to take the car out for a few weeks now. Any tips to make sure everything is in working condition till the lockdown is lifted please?
Yup, quite simple actually,
Turn on the engine,
Roll windows up and down, open/close sunroof.
Move the car atleast 2 feet to avoid Tyre damage (in any direction)
Try to keep engine running for 15 minutes to get the battery full charged.
Turn off Engine and relax back at home.

And make sure, not to engage Hand brake, as few suggest this may cause stuck issue if car is standing for longer periods.

Repeat once a week

Last edited by GKG4 : 29th March 2020 at 22:04.
GKG4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 18:46   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Due to covid lockdown, unable to take the car out for a few weeks now. Any tips to make sure everything is in working condition till the lockdown is lifted please?
As long as there is no concern of rodents - you do not have to do anything at all. Maybe this is a good opportunity to clean it from time to time if you are particular about it.

Cars being parked for 20-30 days is a common used case (imagine you are travelling !). No interventions needed !
prateekvidya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 06:59   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvidya View Post
As long as there is no concern of rodents - you do not have to do anything at all. Maybe this is a good opportunity to clean it from time to time if you are particular about it.

Cars being parked for 20-30 days is a common used case (imagine you are travelling !). No interventions needed !
Yeah correct, but sometime that depends, how many external accessories are there. For eg: If you have 24x7 dashcam, then it will suck all the juice from battery.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 23:46   #4234
BHPian

Wanted to share an experience from lockdown. The volumetric burglar alarm saved me . Somehow a rat got in to the cabin, immediately the siren went on . When I got in to the car, I suspected some movements and I found that one of my mask and gloves are not in the place where I kept. Which made me to suspect the presence of a mouse. I got the vacuum cleaner and started vacuuming. And the mouse jumped out from the under area of 3rd seat . So Ford helped me to catch a thief in this locked down . More importantly, the mouse haven’t cut any wires .
Seems like Ford is aware of this issue of mouse getting in to the car and hopefully, they will fix it in the coming up new models
anumod is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 09:54   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Wanted to share an experience from lockdown. The volumetric burglar alarm saved me
This is awful - any idea where the mouse creeped into the cabin from ? Also - you are referring to the car alarm under Full Guard ?
Old 19th April 2020, 09:57   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
This is awful - any idea where the mouse creeped into the cabin from ? Also - you are referring to the car alarm under Full Guard ?

My doubt is through A/c vent .. With Full Gaurd, the motion sensors in the cabin also gets engaged . Those motion sensors helped me .
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 13:13   #4237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
My doubt is through A/c vent .. With Full Gaurd, the motion sensors in the cabin also gets engaged . Those motion sensors helped me .
Yeh motion sensors work but I never thought they will detect motion of a mouse in car. Really great addition by Ford. For dogs and cats it works for sure but a mice is too small.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 18:31   #4238
BHPian

Okay, I need some proper guidance.
I am willing to get LED Bar lights but need to know if its legal or not.

Because I do not wish to do any illegal modifications.
If its legal, then which LED Bar or alternate is good, considering the minimal Aerodynamic impact.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 21:42   #4239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Because I do not wish to do any illegal modifications.
Not legal on Public Roads, if you travel a lot to farmhouse or other rural roads or off-road tracks you can consider something.

What sort of setup you currently have?
Old 23rd April 2020, 21:47   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not legal on Public Roads, if you travel a lot to farmhouse or other rural roads or off-road tracks you can consider something.

What sort of setup you currently have?
I do not have any setup for now, only changed headlamp bulbs to LED and fog lamp bulbs to that tri-color LEDs.

I need this LED Bar when travelling in night on, let say, one way roads, as I do not have any intentions to make on-coming traffic blind.

Also, need to know if rooftop carriers are legal or not. Few websites says they are legal on personal vehicle, but other says, State laws may vary. So, you know, its kind of confusing.
Old 26th April 2020, 11:32   #4241
BHPian

LED Bars are illegal by law. Just having one on your car can make you eligible for hefty fines. That being said - you can look at ways of installing it and concealing it up with plastic covers designed for these bars (most of the sourcing can be done on Amazon.com or Aliexpress). I have a picture here that can help - look for the space below number plate.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-led-bar.jpeg
prateekvidya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 19:09   #4242
BHPian

Quote:
LED Bars are illegal by law. Just having one on your car can make you eligible for hefty fines. That being said - you can look at ways of installing it and concealing it up with plastic covers designed for these bars (most of the sourcing can be done on Amazon.com or Aliexpress). I have a picture here that can help - look for the space below number plate.

Attachment 1998268
Yes, that seems right way to use them, within city, we can keep them covered.
Any suggestions for which LED bar to go for?

Also, what about Rooftop carriers?
Old 4th May 2020, 19:31   #4243
BHPian

You can also have Hella fog lamps installed. They are road legal till they are having covers on them. Attaching a picture for your referral please. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-e169edb2d1d64358a04bffbba671e609.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2020 at 06:20. Reason: Please use a space after a dot/period and a comma. Thank you.
Rustom Mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 11:43   #4244
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom Mistry View Post
Attaching a picture for your referral please.thanks
Technically they are legal below your headlamps and have them covered during the day. However, even this requires and endorsement by the RTO,
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 08:10   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Yes, that seems right way to use them, within city, we can keep them covered.
Any suggestions for which LED bar to go for?

Also, what about Rooftop carriers?
Well - that really is a function of your usage and budget. I would suggest doing some research online - RIGID is generally the best in business but expensive, there are tons of Chinese options in local shops which are cheap but not necessarily the most effective. I have MICTUNING 22" 120W 3B139C Curved LED which is price-wise moderate and good enough for my limited use.

Rooftop carriers are not allowed legally as well. Same challenge as LED bars - if you get caught, they'll make you pay a fine otherwise its all good !
prateekvidya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks