Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:00   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Spotted manual 4x4 Endeavour today at Elite Ford.
They have a manual, a trend 3.2 and a titanium 2.2 in stock. While titanium is white, rest were red.
Coming to Manual, so Ford has started shipping manual one's. It is badged as 2.2 6 speed instead of Auto. The layout is not same as 3.2 for 4 wheel drive settings. The knob for terrain response and diff locks are placed differently than 3.2.
Noticed one more difference between trend and titanium, the headlamp in trend comes with black inserts against white/chrome in titanium.
P.S: I am not able to upload Pics of manual Endeavour from phone, will share once I have access to a computer.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:02   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Spotted manual 4x4 Endeavour today at Elite Ford.
They have a manual, a trend 3.2 and a titanium 2.2 in stock. While titanium is white, rest were red.
Coming to Manual, so Ford has started shipping manual one's. It is badged as 2.2 6 speed instead of Auto. The layout is not same as 3.2 for 4 wheel drive settings. The knob for terrain response and diff locks are placed differently than 3.2.
Noticed one more difference between trend and titanium, the headlamp in trend comes with black inserts against white/chrome in titanium.
P.S: I am not able to upload Pics of manual Endeavour from phone, will share once I have access to a computer.
Uploaded pictures on behalf of PrideRed.
All pictures were shot by him.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160402wa0043.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160402wa0042.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160402wa0044.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd April 2016 at 17:03.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:14   #423
BHPian

Took delivery of my 3.2 titanium 4x4 (silver) last week, have done only limited out of town drives so far, planning to do some long drives in the near future…
Will provide a more detailed ownership experience summary in few weeks, in the meantime some early impressions.

Everyone is in love with ride quality, absolutely quiet drive, very nimble and agile (precise steering) driving experience.
Added a few accessories like a transcend DrivePro 220 and the cargo cover, looks like the stock tire is fine, quiet and very planted, even at 100 km/h taking a tight corner seemed fine.

The owner’s manual has all kinds of things from the international version which are not available here including adaptive cruise control and blind spot warning etc , ford should have updated the owner’s manual to what is relevant for the versions in India.

For example they have mentioned (on page #73) how to change setting to make the outside mirror auto fold when you lock the vehicle, but under settings, I am not seeing those options in the vehicle, if anyone has figured out that please let me know.

Experience dealing with elite ford was wonderful, I booked within a couple of hours of the launch and has been in touch with them throughout. While I was at Elite ford (BLR) for taking delivery of my car, there was another white 3.2 titanium ready for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-tbhp.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 7th April 2016 at 07:18. Reason: Typo
sknair is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:18   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Took delivery of my 3.2 titanium 4x4 (silver) last week, have done only limited out of town drives so far, planning to do some long drives in the near future…
Will provide a more detailed ownership experience summary in few weeks, in the meantime some early impressions.
Congrats!

Silver looks quite impressive - downplays the faux metal trim/skid plates - which I feel are quite obnoxious-looking.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:59   #425
BHPian

Awesome buddy. Congrats! Silver looks good too haha. Have to choose between Bronze and Silver now. Im booking it on Tuesday
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:00   #426

Hey guys,

I am in a bit of a pickle here and need your advice on my dilemma. After calling ford continously for the past week for a delivery date as I was promised last week of March or 1st week of April, they finally told me that I will only get 3.2 titanium in June. After showing my much aggrevated frustration to them they gave me an option of a 2.2 titanium in black (my preferred colour) for immediate delivery.

Now I am a bit confused if I should go for it or not as logically I am not going to do much off roading and majorly the car is going to do city driving. The only thing that had tempted me for 3.2 titanium was the sun roof.

Now I need your suggestion if I should wait till June for 3.2 titanium or go for 2.2 titanium for immediate delivery.
Old 2nd April 2016, 21:09   #427
BHPian

Arjz - I had Cruze for 3 years and was hardly able to use the sunroof. Kids always wanted to open up and stick their heads out but were always denied except for Gir forest, Coorg and Goa trips. I opted out this time.
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:35   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
Arjz - I had Cruze for 3 years and was hardly able to use the sunroof. Kids always wanted to open up and stick their heads out but were always denied except for Gir forest, Coorg and Goa trips. I opted out this time.
Htanna so uncanny I had a cruze ltz my self for 3 years, sold it a couple of months back just because of the manual gear box. I know out of topic but appreciate your reinforcement on the decision making

BTW guys if anyone looking for a 2.2 titanium in white in Delhi, I can get you delivery immideatly.

Last edited by navin : 5th April 2016 at 10:42.
Old 3rd April 2016, 00:32   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations sknair
Awaiting ownership report, meanwhile please post some more pictures of your Steed.
What have you named him? Silver surfer?

Glad to see the number of deliveries picking up on Team BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Hey guys,I will only get 3.2 titanium in June. After showing my much aggrevated frustration to them they gave me an option of a 2.2 titanium in black (my preferred colour) for immediate delivery.
The only thing that had tempted me for 3.2 titanium was the sun roof.
Now I need your suggestion if I should wait till June for 3.2 titanium or go for 2.2 titanium for immediate delivery.
As htanna rightly said, sunroof is overrated, plus is the main cause of roof leaks when the expensive(read difficult to procure) gaskets go kaput.
It's more of a snob value Iin India.

Buy the model which suits you and if 2.2 titanium serves your purpose well, I'd say go for it.
Old 3rd April 2016, 11:37   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations sknair
Awaiting ownership report, meanwhile please post some more pictures of your Steed.
What have you named him? Silver surfer?

Glad to see the number of deliveries picking up on Team BHP.
Thanks, silver surfer sounds cool! will post some pictures later in the week...
sknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:33   #431
Team-BHP Support

What economy is one getting for the 3.2 Titanium? With a running of 50 to 150 kilometers each day, this needs answers.
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:50   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With a running of 50 to 150 kilometres each day
Will depend on traffic and speed, best I could manage is about 10 Km/Ltr during first 1000Km at speeds between 100-120 with 80 % highway & 20 % traffic ( chandigarh ) , with in Gurgaon traffic it reduced to 6-7 Km/Ltr and on my recent Gujarat trip with speed in excess of 140 - I could manage only 7,5 Km/Lt with 95 % highway run. I am having 3,2 Trend Auto, guess Titanium won't be different.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 19:20   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
BTW guys if anyone looking for a 2.2 titanium in white in Delhi, I can get you delivery immideatly.
Hi Arjz - I'd be interested, but how will it get registered within NCR given the SC ruling?

thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 01:22   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthewheel View Post
Hi Arjz - I'd be interested, but how will it get registered within NCR given the SC ruling?

thanks
HI,

Unfortunately you'll have to get it registered in Chandigarh or punjab or any other state. They will give you the car on ex showroom price but there are always via medias. PM for more info.
Old 4th April 2016, 09:49   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Everyone is in love with ride quality, absolutely quite drive, very nimble and agile (precise steering) driving experience.
Added a few accessories like a transcend DrivePro 220 and the cargo cover, looks like the stock tire is fine, quiet and very planted, even at 100 km/h taking a tight corner seemed fine.
The owner’s manual has all kinds of things from the international version which are not available here including adaptive cruise control and blind spot warning etc , ford should have updated the owner’s manual to what is relevant for the versions in India.

For example they have mentioned (on page #73) how to change setting to make the outside mirror auto fold when you lock the vehicle, but under settings, I am not seeing those options in the vehicle, if anyone has figured out that please let me know.
Congrats!! Have pleasant drive.

I do not think it has Auto Fold, We have to do with manual switch which operates only when the battery is on. So, need to keep the key inserted and turn on battery for Folding it. Not the best. !!!
To me, Manual is a waste of time - it has lots of irrelevant information to the vehicle comes to India. There are several pages of information about the Fuses, and I am not how much is relevant to us. It could be a waste spending time on that too!

What cargo-cover that you had added? Any recommendation?
Also, How does transcend DrivePro 220 work, Could you please brief me? Will it auto-one and record videos continuously?

Did you notice the side and front sensors are lazy to pick up and convey warnings. By the time the alarm wakes up the object would have gone from that place. Not very useful. The sensor timer has issues.

Last edited by agbenny : 4th April 2016 at 09:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks