Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 12:58   #4336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Ford India has been sending face masks to various Endeavour owners around India.
Have you received yours?
Nice gesture, that. However, I guess it is to all Ford owners and not just Endeavour. I might be wrong.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 19:45   #4337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Ford India has been sending face masks to various Endeavour owners around India.
Have you received yours?
Nope, not yet received.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:37   #4338
Senior - BHPian

One owner on Facebook group of 'Ford Endeavour Owners India' has reported completing 2 lakh kilometres in his Endeavour.
Wow ! The Endeavour is a beast isn't it ?
Old 16th January 2021, 06:47   #4339
BHPian

Just did a drive to Mangalpatti Viewpoint at Madikeri. Last 3Km with no Road/Rock road in hilly terrain. Interspersed Rock mode. The function is fabulous with its reduced throttle response and good engine braking for the downhill stretches. Although you move around quite a bit inside, the hand grips are positioned perfectly to assist you. The suspension doesn't crash into undulations and absorbs stuff wonderfully. The Michelin LTXs held up well. Noise levels inside with the 4x4 Low functioning are well controlled. Overall an exhilarating experience.
PistonRing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 11:02   #4340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonRing View Post
Just did a drive to Mangalpatti Viewpoint at Madikeri. Last 3Km with no Road/Rock road in hilly terrain. Interspersed Rock mode. The function is fabulous with its reduced throttle response and good engine braking for the downhill stretches. Although you move around quite a bit inside, the hand grips are positioned perfectly to assist you. The suspension doesn't crash into undulations and absorbs stuff wonderfully. The Michelin LTXs held up well. Noise levels inside with the 4x4 Low functioning are well controlled. Overall an exhilarating experience.
Nice, heard its fairly challenging drive. Good to know endeavour performed so well.
Got any videos or photos of your drive? I am looking forward to going there soon
Old 16th January 2021, 13:09   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Nice, heard its fairly challenging drive. Good to know endeavour performed so well.
Got any videos or photos of your drive? I am looking forward to going there soon
No man. Was totally engrossed in handling it. There is a fair bit of traffic of local tourist jeeps who don't seem to care too much about their vehicles or passengers and bash on at a faster pace. Also maybe because they are doing it multiple times everyday they are far more comfortable. You have to give way to them, which by itself is a chore since the road is narrow. There are two/three stretches which are quite challenging. Most people leave their vehicles at at the 3Km point and take the jeeps. You and your passengers need to have the inclination to do it and also need to be prepared for the bit of abuse that the vehicle will have to face. That said, I found the vehicle to be fully capable of taking you through all that in good comfort.
PistonRing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 15:58   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
After doing 55,000 kms on the factory installed MRF's was contemplating changing the tyres. Even though they still had another 5000-7000 kms life in them, an upcoming Gurgaon-Udaipur road trip was tempting me to go for a early change. As luck would have it, news of BF Goodrich India website being launched flashed on Team-BHP, went through the post, saw the bare minimal website, identified a dealer near me and went to have a look at the tyres, fell in love instantly and ended up buying on the spot.
Where to buy them? In Noida, Tyre shoppe is asking for 24,500 per tyre.
If possible, share the dealer number, as I need mine to be replaced.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th January 2021 at 08:05. Reason: Please quote *ONLY* relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
Old 16th January 2021, 22:11   #4343
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20210116_093901.jpg

Source: Autocar India Facebook page.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 22:13   #4344
BHPian

I'm just wondering if Ford India will counter the new Fortuner with the biturbo...
Old 16th January 2021, 23:14   #4345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I'm just wondering if Ford India will counter the new Fortuner with the biturbo...
Well, if they intend to do it, they need to share the news sooner rather than later. Quite a few shoppers in this segment will go for the Toyota over the Ford, just because of this reason. The fact that the Endeavour is 200-plus kg heavier than the Fortuner does not help either.

With Gloster bagging more sales by the month and Fortuner launching the facelift, Ford better up their game or face complete annihilation in the full-size SUV space.

Last edited by cool_dube : 16th January 2021 at 23:15.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 12:15   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonRing View Post
No man. Was totally engrossed in handling it.
I did the same drive in 3.2L 4x4 Endeavour on 12th Jan. It was very effortless and didn't use any special mode or 4L. The Endeavour just glided over the path with ease in normal drive mode. I feel people underestimate the all-time 4x4 capability of Endeavour. I have not seen it compared against other off-roaders in the respective normal drive mode.

The drive is really good and highly recommended anyone visiting Coorg in a 4x4 vehicle.

Here is the video from my dashcam - .
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 12:39   #4347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
I did the same drive in 3.2L 4x4 Endeavour on 12th Jan. It was very effortless and didn't use any special mode or 4L. The Endeavour just glided over the path with ease in normal drive mode. I feel people underestimate the all-time 4x4 capability of Endeavour. I have not seen it compared against other off-roaders in the respective normal drive mode.

The drive is really good and highly recommended anyone visiting Coorg in a 4x4 vehicle.

Here is the video from my dashcam - Mandalpatti View Point Drive.
Wow! That's a nice Video. Yes, even I felt that the Vehicle would be able to handle the rough patches in the All time 4WD and tried it also, but I had to constantly shift from brake to accelerator and back to control the speed and hence the jerks to co-passengers. The Rock mode solved this issue completely. It makes driving on the rough patches a breeze albeit a little slow. You may or may not use it as per your choice.
Old 18th January 2021, 10:56   #4348
Team-BHP Support

3.2 Battery

3.2 Battery replacement.

During the covid lockdown battery had run down and I had topped it up using the Bosch C3 charger. At last service, the battery health report was not good and finally it again could not crank on this weekend. I was away from BLR and was checking online and it as confusing as hell. None of the sites gave the option for 3.2 and other models also had same battery which is rated at 80 Amp. Forum posts suggested 90 Amp, since I was away from the comp asked fellow mod Vidyut to get details and share a link of where I can purchase the 90 amp. Meanwhile, my brother sent me a pic of the battery and it said..

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210116-17.41.22.jpeg

Google search of part number refers to 53 Amp battery from Bosch or Varta for the Ford as the OEM replacement. I believe same battery is shared by many Ford vehicles. So I am not sure where this 90 amp rating story originated? Will have to check the manual this week to confirm. Anyhow went ahead and got this from Amaron which is 65 Amp.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210116-17.47.48.jpeg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210116-17.48.50.jpeg

Looking at the size of the battery area am not sure the 90 amp ones would fit there. Costed 5300 INR after exchanging the old battery.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th January 2021 at 10:58.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 11:31   #4349
BHPian

Re: 3.2 Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
3.2 Battery replacement.
I had a same issue in august-20. I could not get confirmation on ampere rating for my new ford endeavour 3.2l. I could not find anywhere on internet. In this thread it was mentioned as 80 ampere in some early post but I wanted to be sure as later someone also said it to be only 65 ampere for early models including 3.2l.
Finally ended up buying from Ford ASC. Costed Rs 7000/- after discount of Rs 500 for old battery. New battery model part number is same as outgoing and advisor suggested to go for same instead of another battery on display (looked like Amaron but nowhere mentioned) which costed Rs 10,000 and had 3 years warranty. Mine has only an year.

Another thing to note is that the battery from outside market (65 ampere) looked to be smaller in size than the stock battery, meaning the plate area is less and gave me another reason to go for Ford.

Last edited by Wanderers : 18th January 2021 at 11:35.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 11:45   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Where to buy them? In Noida, Tyre shoppe is asking for 24,500 per tyre.
If possible, share the dealer number, as I need mine to be replaced.
Hey,

I bought from ZigWheels @ Golf Course Road, Gurgaon. (+918800497465)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks