Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 20:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

As usual, Team BHP rocks. That's all I can say. This official review is the only non-biased review not the Internet. Good job guys.

Now coming to the car, amazing. This car is better than the fortuner in all ways I guess. Even die hard Toyota fans will find it difficult to buy it when this is out. Kudos to Ford for making suck an awesome product.
The Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 21:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The Ford Endeavour has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 23.64 - 28.15 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

What you'll like:

• Loaded to the gill with features! Panoramic sunroof, 8" touchscreen ICE + 10 speakers, parallel park assist, powered tailgate, xenon headlamps, triple-zone climate control & more
Quote:

Like other Fords, the air-conditioner is a chiller. Even on a hot sunny day with the sunroof's sunshade open, the dual-zone climate control kept us cool at all times. The second row has an individual blower and both - the middle and last seat rows - get roof-mounted air vents to ensure that passengers are kept comfortable. No complaints here.
Excellent review S2, GTO and Karan.

Sorry for nitpicking I saw a discrepancy. Does Endeavour have triple-zone or dual zone climate control?

One more doubt:

Is the centre differential lockable (manually or otherwise)?

Thanks.

Last edited by mroptimist : 16th February 2016 at 21:31.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 22:13   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^ Those at the rear also have their own temperature setting. Hence triple zone .
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 22:58   #34
BHPian

There is rust deposit on the drive shaft - differential linkage already?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2016fordendeavour21.jpg  

Bookkeeper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 23:01   #35
BHPian

Excellent review ! Must say that the car is indeed promising. I noticed that the metal plate of the 3.2 was cracked from the side. Is it an optical illusion or has the metal cracked like plastic ?
adi_sun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 23:08   #36

Awesome review S2!!! Rated this 5 stars.

I read the review end to end with bated breath, as if it were a mystery novel. Your writing allows us NCR-wallahs to live vicariously, what with the drama and mystique you lend to a car that we can see, maybe even touch but simply cannot (test-)drive!

Few clarifications:
1. You mention that MRF Wanderers may not be the best tires for off-road, what would you recommend? And can we just ask the dealer to shod the car in those, or do we need to do it ourselves at a tire store?
2. Did you see a sizable gap between the second and third rows when you flatten both of them?
3. What did you gather about Satnav as an accessory? Is it simply an SD card we buy from the dealer?
atthewheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 23:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lockup TC obviously. Details of when it locks and unlocks.
More details of the basic 4X4 system please. (Separate from the TMS.) eg. How does it manage a variable torque split between front and rear? Electronic locking diff:- Diff relly locks, or fancy name for automatically applying brakes?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 23:35   #38
BHPian

I remember seeing 15000 kms or 1 year service interval in ford brochure. Is it sure it's just 10,000 kms between service? If yes I'm very disappointed. Will be a nuisance to take the car to show room every 3-4 months.

Also if MRF Wanderer AT is not very good, what else would be the best choice for this size? I'm not ready to consider Yokohama Geolander AT because of its side wall issues.
Old 16th February 2016, 23:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review! Was well worth the wait, Read the review like 2 times and this review actually seals the decision for me to upgrade from XUV, That park assist video was a cherry on the cake, Thanks! Love this feature in my jetta would love to have it in both my cars!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 00:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Other Points:

• Manual lovers will wish there was a 3.2 MT variant too. Would have been more fun to drive, and a manual does allow you more delicate control while offroading. The Fortuner 3.0L is available with an MT.
I was really looking out for the 2.2L MT test drive as i am a stick shift junkie. i already own an ecosport and looking out to upgrade to an Endeavour.

Did anyone get to test drive the 2.2L MT ?

Thanks

Last edited by revv_maniac : 17th February 2016 at 00:48. Reason: error
Old 17th February 2016, 01:00   #41
BHPian

Comprehensive Textbook on the new Endeavour.Well Done!
The Park Assist feature was a surprise. I didn't know that the Endeavour had it.The more we learn about the Endy's arsenal, the more it appears to justify its price tag. Averaged across variants, undercutting the current gen Fortuner and the Pajero Sport, its safe to say its VFM (at its segment price bracket of course).

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 17th February 2016 at 01:03. Reason: added text
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 08:25   #42
BHPian

An excellent review. Exhaustively covered as expected. I've always loved the Endeavour, for its butch looks. I'm loving this even more. It has a mix of the old school, as well as modern elements. May be the rear could have been a little better. As the first line of the review says, no real deal breaker. I completely with that statement. For me, I feel the car is adequately loaded with features. Agreed there is no navigation system, but it's available as an official accessory, so no issues. 3.2 is adequately powered. Will it be able to take on the mighty Fortuner? We'll have to wait and see. I would go with Endeavour without any second thoughts if I was shopping, but don't think everyone would. They would still stick with the Fortuner, being a well tested product with Toyota reliability and good resale value. But, personally I want to do this product to do well and Ford to offer good after sales and service.
Dani7766 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 10:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
A Fortuner Owner's Perspective

- Middle Row seats are 60:40 split, however the 40 side of the split is on the right side (Street Side), IMO it should have been on the footpath side. Hence it can be troublesome getting in/out on a busy streets.
When will the Americans learn that our is a RHD market and not LHD like in the US. Just imagine if the car is fully loaded and only the last row passenger has to get out from his already crammed up seat and that too on the wrong side of the road. I think it would be safer and better to come out of the boot

But apart from the above, its one hell of an SUV and if I really had 30 real big ones to spare, I would have had one in my garage.
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 10:28   #44
BHPian

Excellent review for a excellent SUV. Toyota Fortuner has ruled the 25+ lakh SUV segment for quite long due to missing competitors. Its now going to face tough competition with this rejuvenated Endeavour from Ford. The SUV looks mean and butchy with all the bells and whistles inside. Add to that excellent Ford reliability and you have a winner in hand here.

Well done Ford !!!

Last edited by xs2mayank : 17th February 2016 at 10:29. Reason: Changing 25 to 25+
xs2mayank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 10:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

What a stellar review! Kudos! And thanks for sharing with us.

I really like the new Endeavour. Be it behind the wheel or outside the vehicle. The comfort, road manners and ease with which one can drive this truck is truly amazing.

The only things that I miss is a smart key like in the Fiesta and black interiors as an option. And if I were to nitpick, I don't like the shade of silver used on the front and rear bumpers. Looks a bit too loud. Hyundai has got the shade on the Creta bumpers spot on. But that's an easy thing to fix. And I miss a permanent XL size tachometer on the car, I felt awkward not knowing what the engine was doing during the TD. Wish the tachometer was an analog unit like the speedometer in the middle and there was a digital readout for the speed, would have been the best of both worlds in that rather compact instrument cluster. The rest is all good with the new Endeavour.

Hope this one can get to very strong second behind the Fortuner in the long run once the initial demand comes down. Ford deserves that much for this vehicle. And they should keep the pricing and supply chain in constant check. Delhi market being so huge will be a big miss though. If Ford can get some cars on road in all the major markets here without wasting time, the new Endeavour can sell itself. And that is going to be crucial. Ford will need to get a good momentum going before the latest Fortuner is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
There is rust deposit on the drive shaft - differential linkage already?
That baffles me as well. The Duster AWD too had such oxidation on the linkages, wonder why manufacturers leave them like that. Maybe its a non issue for the gauge of metal used, but sure looks sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Is it an optical illusion or has the metal cracked like plastic ?
Are you talking about the brown line on the right hand side? That looks like dust. The ridges just before the air vents are to smoothen the airflow underbody, and that's neat.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed