Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:48   #4516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Even costlier than Michelin Primacy SUV?!? Is it worth the premium?
BFG KO2 is definitely worth the premium and better than the Michelin. The only downside is that it is heavy and the steering becomes slightly hard, but you get use to it. The best all round tyres for the Endeavour is Cooper tyres, which gives you the best of both worlds. Unfortunately they are not available now due to import restrictions.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 06:57   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
Even costlier than Michelin Primacy SUV?!? Is it worth the premium?
It's worth every penny spent, it's like a head-turner. Every single person notices the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
BFG KO2 is definitely worth the premium and better than the Michelin. The only downside is that it is heavy and the steering becomes slightly hard, but you get used to it. The best all-round tyres for the Endeavour is Cooper tyres, which gives you the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, they are not available now due to import restrictions.
Personally, I never felt any change in steering, for me personally, I feels it lighter steering than stock tyres.
GKG4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:08   #4518
BHPian

Dear All,

I am facing an issue of random engine stalling / rpm acceleration/deceleration in my 2016 3.2 Titanium. I have written in detail over at this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5165357 (Ford Endeavour: Stalling & random acceleration issue)

I am referencing it here again in case anyone has any inputs or has faced this issue and got some suggestions to make?

Thank you for your time.
Old 4th October 2021, 17:19   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Try Dhruvan Ford - ask for a SA named Jagdish.

Also check this thread - cmp sensor, propeller shaft etc. And before that just check your fuel filter is clean, and get the car scanned.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ion-issue.html (Ford Endeavour: Stalling & random acceleration issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Dear All,

I am facing an issue of random engine stalling / rpm acceleration/deceleration in my 2016 3.2 Titanium. I have written in detail over at this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5165357 (Ford Endeavour: Stalling & random acceleration issue)

I am referencing it here again in case anyone has any inputs or has faced this issue and got some suggestions to make?

Thank you for your time.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:33   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Thank you for your time.
Not sure if this helps, I had a similar problem in my Mitsubishi outlander several years ago. finally the root cause was that water got mixed with fuel, once the fuel tank was emptied and fuel pump was cleaned, the issue went away.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 09:48   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Not sure if this helps, I had a similar problem in my Mitsubishi outlander several years ago. finally the root cause was that water got mixed with fuel, once the fuel tank was emptied and fuel pump was cleaned, the issue went away.
A small yet reasonable issue. Worth checking before spending money on parts replacement.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 11:29   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
A small yet reasonable issue. Worth checking before spending money on parts replacement.
That’s why I suggested checking the fuel filter first. If that is clogged with water or ruined draining the tank sounds like a plan.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:25   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Try Dhruvan Ford - ask for a SA named Jagdish.

Also check this thread - cmp sensor, propeller shaft etc. And before that just check your fuel filter is clean, and get the car scanned.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ion-issue.html (Ford Endeavour: Stalling & random acceleration issue)

Thanks - The scans seems to throw an error with the CMP sensor but the SA says they are yet to identity the root cause of the same.

I had already sent the car to Hans Ford, Ekatuthangal by the time I saw your message. It looks like the folks there are clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
The SA seemed very sure that this has nothing to do with water ingress since it does not pertain to random rpm/acceleration.

The SA is not responsive since today morning. Have written an email to custmail@ford.com and have got a Case number. But I doubt how much of an impact this will have since Ford India will be anyway busy wrapping up their house.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:54   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - The scans seems to throw an error with the CMP sensor but the SA says they are yet to identity the root cause of the same.

I had already sent the car to Hans Ford, Ekatuthangal by the time I saw your message. It looks like the folks there are clueless.
Take your car out of that place and get it to Dhruvan?
Old 8th October 2021, 11:02   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
Take your car out of that place and get it to Dhruvan?
Did not do that since the car had stalled and was not starting at Hans Ford itself.

Update:

Got a call now that they got Ford technicians involved and it was recommended to replace the CKP (Crankshaft position sensor) and see if the event resolves.

Earlier they checked the CMP / Cam position sensor and did not find fault with it.

Part request has been raised and it expected by today. Estimated cost is about Rs 7000.
Old 11th October 2021, 19:42   #4526
BHPian

I am having this problem with the boot.
It's not working randomly.
Sometimes it opens and sometimes it just doesn't open no matter what.

Any suggestion what could be the issue?
Old 12th October 2021, 07:41   #4527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not working randomly.
Sometimes it opens and sometimes it just doesn't open no matter what.

Any suggestion what could be the issue?
Battery or wiring as a first suspect.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 07:20   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Battery replaced last week from Ford itself, yet same issues randomly.
Old 13th October 2021, 16:11   #4529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not working randomly
Earlier on this thread, there was a similar post. I believe the issue was resolved by replacing the boot operating mechanism, which had gone faulty. Get it checked once, if battery replacement has not helped.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 16:17   #4530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Earlier on this thread, there was a similar post. I believe the issue was resolved by replacing the boot operating mechanism, which had gone faulty. Get it checked once, if battery replacement has not helped.
+1.

Quote:
Quote:
Battery replaced last week from Ford itself, yet same issues randomly.
Its not the battery. Its the boot mechanism that has gone bad. Get it checked and replaced in warranty.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks