Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 16:14   #4531
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Earlier on this thread, there was a similar post. I believe the issue was resolved by replacing the boot operating mechanism, which had gone faulty. Get it checked once if battery replacement has not helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
+1.
Its not the battery. It's the boot mechanism that has gone bad. Get it checked and replaced in warranty.
The price is quite high and unfortunately, I am out of warranty.
Moreover, we all know we do not have experts in Ford and paying for something without actually knowing the issue is a problem itself.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 00:27   #4532
BHPian

We own a 3.2 endeavour titanium 2016 model which has done 1 lac + km. The car is mostly used by me dad for Long distance travel . Pune to goa at least once a month for work. For city and shorter distances we have a MG ZS EV. Now that Ford has shut shop and the car is already 5+ yrs old we plan to move on to a new car. (We all just love the car the way it handles and rides and not would not have sold it if ford had not existed)
Please recommend a good suv alternative
Requirements: Suv, Diesel, 5/7 seater, Should be fun to drive.
Budget : upto 40L
I was considering jeep compass top end / used bmw x1
Thankyou for your advice in advance
Old 19th October 2021, 05:51   #4533
Senior - BHPian

You will not get anything to replace a 3.2 endeavour in size / drivability / features at your price point unless used.

Compass and X1 are much smaller vehicles that too. You sure you want them?

Keep the endeavour if you like it and is running fine. Ford service isn’t going away anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
We own a 3.2 endeavour titanium 2016 model which has done 1 lac + km. The car is mostly used by me dad for Long distance travel . Pune to goa at least once a month for work. For city and shorter distances we have a MG ZS EV. Now that Ford has shut shop and the car is already 5+ yrs old we plan to move on to a new car. (We all just love the car the way it handles and rides and not would not have sold it if ford had not existed)
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 13:32   #4534
BHPian

Is there any document where I can find the max load I can give to each 12v port? I am willing to DYI mini-refrigerator, however, need to know about the max safe load allowed on each of the 3 ports.

Please help
Old 27th October 2021, 14:46   #4535
BHPian

Quote:
Have you considered the Safari? We own one and the handling and driveability is second to none.
Old 27th October 2021, 20:05   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Have you considered the Safari? We own one and the handling and driveability is second to none.
Compass / X1 etc are far smaller than the Endeavour.

Safari or even more, XUV 700 might match it on some features but you'd have to go up to Audi, BMW etc to match most features on an Endeavour.

Even if Ford has left, they have support for another ten years.

1 lakh or whatever km is nothing for the 3.2 duratorq. If the car and interiors are in good condition, keep it for as long as you can, till FC if you like. It won't let you down.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 05:38   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
We own a 3.2 endeavour titanium 2016 model which has done 1 lac + km. The car is mostly used by me dad for Long distance travel .
Finding a replacement for Endeavour is tough and expensive. If you are replacing it just because FORD has packed up, you can look at Fortuner but it would not feel like an upgrade. A proper upgrade would a 6 cyl German SUV. You can get a used X5 for Q7 for a price of new Fortuner or if $$ is not a problem, get a new one.

Also, that duratorq is quite young and healthy even @ 1lac km, if you have maintained it well and driven it single handedly, it is as good as a Toyota engine. My advice would be to retain the car unless you are being troubled by ASS or you are getting a very good value for it or if you can afford the X5 30d
Mach_1590 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 08:49   #4538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Even if Ford has left, they have support for another ten years.
1 lakh or whatever km is nothing for the 3.2 duratorq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
Finding a replacement for Endeavour is tough and expensive.
+1.
The Endeavour is a lovely vehicle to keep even after Ford has left.
The main plus points of the Endeavour are:
1. Robust built quality, to secure you and your family. This can be the difference between life and death in an unfortunate accident.
2. Excellent ride quality and best in its class.
3. Low costs of service.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 29th October 2021 at 09:06.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:21   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
We own a 3.2 endeavour titanium 2016 model which has done 1 lac + km.
I am not sure if you would consider XUV700. I was told that Endeavour was the reference benchmark used during development of XUV700. Though they are segments apart, the folks who did extensive test drive mentioned that the power, features and comfort are almost comparable at half the price for a common user.
Old 31st October 2021, 01:22   #4540
BHPian

Hello guys, we currently own a 3.2l endeavour 2016 model and have been experiencing some random jerks at slow speeds and while upshifting in the initial gears. The jerk is similar to the sound when we release the clutch too fast in a manual transmission. Also, the same jerk occurs continuously while making left/right turns in 4x4 low range. What could be the problem?
Old 31st October 2021, 10:15   #4541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Hello guys, we currently own a 3.2l endeavour 2016 model and have been experiencing some random jerks at slow speeds and while upshifting in the initial gears. The jerk is similar to the sound when we release the clutch too fast in a manual transmission. Also, the same jerk occurs continuously while making left/right turns in 4x4 low range. What could be the problem?
Sounds like a transmission issue. Please get it checked at ASC.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:56   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like a transmission issue. Please get it checked at ASC.
Will do that. However, the jerk goes away on its own after sometime once the vehicle is on the move or sometimes it doesn't appear at all so its hard to replicate it to the service center guys.
Old 11th November 2021, 17:42   #4543
BHPian

I have a 2018 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. I recently found out the spanner that came with the car doesn’t fit the wheel nuts (spanner is slightly smaller in diameter). My local tyre shop too didn’t have a spanner that fit nicely, they wanted to hammer the spanner into fitting the nuts. Said it’s a problem with some ford cars.

Can anyone tell me what size spanner will fit this car? I want to buy one and keep it in the car.
parambyte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 17:54   #4544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
I have a 2018 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. I recently found out the spanner that came with the car doesn’t fit the wheel nuts (spanner is slightly smaller in diameter). My local tyre shop too didn’t have a spanner that fit nicely, they wanted to hammer the spanner into fitting the nuts. Said it’s a problem with some ford cars.

Can anyone tell me what size spanner will fit this car? I want to buy one and keep it in the car.
The spanner is of correct size. Issue is with the wheel nuts. I remember reading earlier on this thread about wheel nuts from earlier models of the Endeavour (2016-2018) expanding over time. This is a manufacturing defect. Please get new nuts from Ford ASC.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 10:25   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
The spanner is of correct size. Issue is with the wheel nuts. I remember reading earlier on this thread about wheel nuts from earlier models of the Endeavour (2016-2018) expanding over time. This is a manufacturing defect. Please get new nuts from Ford ASC.
yes this is correct, many of us on this forum has replaced the wheel nuts under warranty. Also it is prudent to check this before going on a long trip, so the issue again doesn't occur with the new nuts.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks