Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:56   #4561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Most of the 2016-17 models are already jerky. This is a known issue in the 2016-17 Endeavours and normally there may not be any signs before the torque converter fails. Basically the torque converter welds/bolts of the flex plates have broken off (the plate that connects the transmission to the flywheel).
So that too is possible. So - to avoid guesswork, did Ford cite just how the TC had failed, did their scan throw out any specific error? Is there any sign of the transmission oil being refilled, or underbody hits around the torque converter? (Repairs possibly from outside Ford before the car was hurriedly sold).
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:00   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the 2016-17 models are already jerky. This is a known issue in the 2016-17 Endeavours and normally there may not be any signs before the torque converter fails. Basically the torque converter welds/bolts of the flex plates have broken off (the plate that connects the transmission to the flywheel). As per a Ford technical bulletin, ASC are instructed to replace the existing Dowel pins with revised Dowel pins, to rectify the issue.

Do not go to any third party workshops. Go to Ford ASC even if you are out of warranty. This is a precision job and requires expertise. There is no time for experiment. Even Ford recommends a replacement. Most of the Ford ASC in bigger cities have done this job many times.
You can send a mail to custmail@ford.com and get the ASC involved. They may offer a 50% discount on parts even if you are out of warranty.
Thanks

This is good information. Have just sent an email to Ford as Suggested, will wait and see what their response is.

Also noticed that the India website has been revamped to assure customers of service..
anshuman77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:01   #4563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
So that too is possible. So - to avoid guesswork, did Ford cite just how the TC had failed, did their scan throw out any specific error? Is there any sign of the transmission oil being refilled, or underbody hits around the torque converter? (Repairs possibly from outside Ford before the car was hurriedly sold).
IMO till now they have not done any scan or inspection.
I am yet to visit the workshop. Will plan to do that over the weekend.
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:02   #4564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
All of that you have said is possible. A person buying an Endeavour is not going to take it outside ASC mostly when it's there in warranty. Outside warranty its possible.

There is no guess work here and going to a mechanic outside Ford is simply a No for me, unless the owner decides.
Its a simple torque converter failure which is quite common in 2016-17 models. And since its happened while driving, off roading and hit may be put out of question. Also if you scan there may not be any specific errors except for a spanner sign or so. Contamination of the gearbox, oil mixing, leaking will damage the transmission, not the Torque converter. The torque converter failure is not exactly the failure of the torque converter but it getting detached from the flex plate connecting to the gearbox.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 3rd January 2022 at 19:04.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:47   #4565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All of that you have said is possible. A person buying an Endeavour is not going to take it outside ASC mostly when it's there in warranty. Outside warranty its possible.

There is no guess work here and going to a mechanic outside Ford is simply a No for me, unless the owner decides.
Its a simple torque converter failure which is quite common in 2016-17 models. .
Good - so it is a known issue and Ford should fix it. But I am in general against a blind diagnosis being thrown out by an ASC even if the symptoms match. At least get the car on a ramp and plugin an OBD scanner before informing this.
Old 8th January 2022, 13:54   #4566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
IMO till now they have not done any scan or inspection.
I am yet to visit the workshop. Will plan to do that over the weekend.

Update!

Ford was very prompt to follow up on my email and the next day I got calls from Both Ford and PPS Ford Service Station Customer care to understand my issue.

A day later Ford informed me that they will absorb 80% of cost of the parts , I'll have to pay the remainder.
They did not confirm that this was a known issue but did admit that TC should not have failed at 21K Kms.

They also send an email confirming this and marked the Service station. I also got a call from Service advisor confirming the same.

Waiting for the parts to arrive and repair to be completed. ETA to get the car back is mid next week.
anshuman77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:54   #4567
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi All,
An update about service situation in Bangalore. Tried to reach out to Elite Ford and PPS Ford for service. Looks like Elite Ford is shut down (confirmed) and PPS ford also seems to be shut down, no responses to calls (gets forwarded to Ford India and no response from them either) or emails. I am thinking about going to JSP Ford (near Hosur road / kudlu gate), any one has any experience with this service center?
please share your suggestions on Bangalore service situation.
Is there a dedicated thread for Ford Services? if not, may be we can start one?
thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:16   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi All,
An update about service situation in Bangalore. Tried to reach out to Elite Ford and PPS Ford for service. Looks like Elite Ford is shut down (confirmed) and PPS ford also seems to be shut down, no responses to calls (gets forwarded to Ford India and no response from them either) or emails. I am thinking about going to JSP Ford (near Hosur road / kudlu gate), any one has any experience with this service center?
thanks
My Car is currently at PPS Ford Yelahanka for Repairs. They seem to be open. try calling 9133338486
Old 10th January 2022, 17:32   #4569
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
My Car is currently at PPS Ford Yelahanka for Repairs. They seem to be open. try calling 9133338486
Thanks Anshuman, Yalahanka is far for me; I was trying to reach their Domlur service center.
btw. I tried scheduling the service through their website, no email or calls after 3 days.
Old 11th January 2022, 14:18   #4570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi All,
thanks
Both PPS and Cauvery have all locations functional.

I did speak to a senior person in PPS to check. They have normal traffic and no issues with spares and personnel. Elsewhere I read that PPS has signed up for next 3 years so I presume there will be no issues.

You are right about Elite Ford. They seem to be wrapping up.
nareshtrao is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 10:52   #4571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Both PPS and Cauvery have all locations functional.

I did speak to a senior person in PPS to check. They have normal traffic and no issues with spares and personnel. Elsewhere I read that PPS has signed up for next 3 years so I presume there will be no issues.

You are right about Elite Ford. They seem to be wrapping up.
Well, given the fact that Ford service centers are now restructuring for the premium car segment, with Endevaour, Mustang, Mustang Electric and Bronco (as confirmed by the sources at Pahwa Ford, Faridabad) to be launched by July this year, some centers may be gearing up for the same and temporarily closed. It was indeed a relief that Ford is going to be very much here and in fact, they are bringing back the 3.2 L engine in the Endeavour. Word is, that they might come back in to the smaller car segment once the premium segment is consolidated.
So I feel that there is no worry for Endeavour owners and possibly come July 22, it should be clear to others and thus, resale would also bounce back up. Not that I would want to sell of my beast anytime.
Hellzboy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 07:44   #4572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
in fact, they are bringing back the 3.2 L engine in the Endeavour.
Is this true? I don't think it's coming back, especially since the engine is about to be discontinued.

Last edited by 330i : 21st January 2022 at 07:47.
330i is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:40   #4573
BHPian

Where did you hear about the Bronco? This is the first time I am hearing about it coming to India.

Quote:
Well, given the fact that Ford service centers are now restructuring for the premium car segment, with Endevaour, Mustang, Mustang Electric and Bronco (as confirmed by the sources at Pahwa Ford, Faridabad) to be launched by July this year, some centers may be gearing up for the same and temporarily closed. It was indeed a relief that Ford is going to be very much here and in fact, they are bringing back the 3.2 L engine in the Endeavour. Word is, that they might come back in to the smaller car segment once the premium segment is consolidated.
So I feel that there is no worry for Endeavour owners and possibly come July 22, it should be clear to others and thus, resale would also bounce back up. Not that I would want to sell of my beast anytime.
Old 22nd January 2022, 04:23   #4574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was indeed a relief that Ford is going to be very much here and in fact, they are bringing back the 3.2 L engine in the Endeavour.
The 3.2 was the best engine option for the Endeavour. However this was available only in BSIV. They stopped the 3.2 only because they could not introduce it in the BSVI version and the newer 2.0 litre with the 10 speed gearbox was already introduced abroad. So the returning of the 3.2 is not possible now. The only options are 2.0 normal and bi-turbo which can be brought.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 22nd January 2022 at 04:24.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:31   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Is this true? I don't think it's coming back, especially since the engine is about to be discontinued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
Where did you hear about the Bronco? This is the first time I am hearing about it coming to India.
Quote:
The 3.2 was the best engine option for the Endeavour. However this was available only in BSIV. They stopped the 3.2 only because they could not introduce it in the BSVI version and the newer 2.0 litre with the 10 speed gearbox was already introduced abroad. So the returning of the 3.2 is not possible now. The only options are 2.0 normal and bi-turbo which can be brought.

The source of my information is the Customer Relations Manager at Pahwa Ford. Though the point about 3.2L being a BSIV engine, is the reason for it being discontinued, maybe they will tinker with it or get a new BS VI 3.2L engine. About the Bronco, also, he was saying that sometime in July they will be ready for the new line-up. I haven't further checked up on this as I did not feel the need to do so right now.
Hellzboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed