Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 18:47   #4576
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
The source of my information is the Customer Relations Manager at Pahwa Ford. Though the point about 3.2L being a BSIV engine, is the reason for it being discontinued, maybe they will tinker with it or get a new BS VI 3.2L engine. About the Bronco, also, he was saying that sometime in July they will be ready for the new line-up. I haven't further checked up on this as I did not feel the need to do so right now.
Thanks! Would be really exciting if they brought the Bronco to India. But I think if they actually do it, it will be the baby Bronco...the Bronco Sport
Old 23rd January 2022, 18:57   #4577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
Thanks! Would be really exciting if they brought the Bronco to India. But I think if they actually do it, it will be the baby Bronco...the Bronco Sport
As far as I am aware the new Endeavour coming into India will be the 2.0 BS6 engine but with twin turbo as is available internationally, not single turbo.
Old 25th January 2022, 08:27   #4578
BHPian

Hello guys, there's a rattling sound coming from this plastic part of the sunroof in our 2016 model endeavour. Any ideas to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20220125_081555.jpg  

Old 27th January 2022, 11:38   #4579
Senior - BHPian

Modifications worth 25 lakhs includes 6 inch lift, 22 inch alloys.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 11:48   #4580
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Pardon me for asking but why aren't the prices dropping in the used market?
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 19:17   #4581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Pardon me for asking but why aren't the prices dropping in the used market?
Basic economics. It is a desirable good and people are picking up all the endeavours that come onto the market, especially now they get the sense Ford service is business as usual.

I am afraid you aren't going to see any sort of price drop for fords, least of all for endeavours.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 20:55   #4582
BHPian

What should be an ideal price for well maintained 3.2 with 5 years of age. I am browsing through OLX and most seem to be in ~30L territory.

https://www.olx.in/item/ford-endeavo...iid-1672498392

https://www.olx.in/item/ford-endeavo...iid-1673118688

Is it the infamous Bengaluru used car market effect or this vehicle holds its value in such pristine manner?
Old 28th January 2022, 21:03   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
What should be an ideal price for well maintained 3.2 with 5 years of age. I am browsing through OLX and most seem to be in ~30L territory.

Is it the infamous Bengaluru used car market effect or this vehicle holds its value in such pristine manner?
The 3.2 Endeavour is in demand in the used market.
I feel 26 lakhs for a 2018 model is a good price. Always make sure the vehicle is in extended warranty upto 6 years or currently within the extended warranty which can be renewed by you. Rest you can follow the pre-owned buying guide on this forum.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 22:35   #4584

Buying and Owning one of the last 2020 3.2L FORD ENDEAVOUR

It started with a search of a new car: We previously owned a Mahindra XUV W10 AWD (currently owned by livecar21). Having some most wonderful moments with XUV500 W10 AWD which had taken us from Kolkata to Kanyakumari and then from Kolkata to Ladhak. (I will try to share the Travel Log sometime later)
Slowly we realized that we started missing out on the fun of traveling of 4 people as a group and the ride comfort, we still had a Mahindra Thar, however, while traveling with 4 people (Me, My Father, My Mother and Grand Mother) and then luggage for all was certainly a task, while it was an awesome off-roader and fun to drive car but surely not a family car. However, still we relish the journey with it a few times to Sandakphu and once done the complete Spiti. (I will try to share the Travel Log sometime later)
Test Drive & Finalization: We took a test drive of a red Ford Endeavor first and fell in love with the car instantly, it had all the creature comforts, great ride quality and it looked fantastic. Then we took a test drive of a Toyota Fortuner. After test driving the ford, Fortuner failed to impress us. The only thing that made us slightly inclined towards buying a Fortuner was the reliability factor of Toyota
although ford’s 3.2 endeavor/ranger platform was very reliable and proved its merit with time.

Deciding the car and booking

:

Well as we ventured into all possible options and alternatives, we finally as a family decided to stick to our choice of Ford Endeavour and with the following criteria:
1) It has to be 3.2l
2) Color - Diamon White
3) The VIN must be 2020
(That was a difficult task given the 3.2 BSIV production was announced to be stopped), however, we collectively thought to achieve the aspiration.
This was the time when manufacturers were stopping production of their BS4 engines and bringing out their BS6 engines. We didn’t want the BS6 Ford endeavor with the 2.0l single turbo engine because we sensed it might feel underpowered as we anticipated for such a big body 2.0l might not justify and will surely miss the thrill of a 3.2l.
So we decided to book a white Ford Endeavor 3.2l from a dealership in Kolkata (Ganges Ford).
After a few days, we got inside news from Ford Dealership, unable to find the car of our choice The Dealership is expecting to propose us a 2.0l Version of BSVI model. This news itself was heartbreaking and was putting an end to our aspiration, leaving us in a dilemma of should we go for a Fortuner or drop the plan to step up now.

We discussed this update with my Uncle, Arunanish Karmakar (a.k.a livecars21) , who being well connected with some officials of Ford Chennai Plant who helped us a lot, by searching the car in the eastern part of India and making it available for us without a compromise to any of the points mentioned above, Finally he confirmed of having the car made available from the last batch of BSIV production at Patna through Advik Ford, In the Process, he also sensitized the Eastern Zonal Head of Ford India who immediately contacted us and helped us with the process thereafter, which included the following
1. Sharing of Deal Sheet
2. Payment Refund from Ganges Ford
3. Fresh Booking Process with Advik Ford Patna
4. Formalities for re-endorsement of Bank Loan as there was a change in Dealership
5. Registration at WB having bout the car in Patna.
6. Adherence to all terms and conditions as was agreed with Ganges Ford without an escalation if price
All the above were major activities, but they all happened smooth enough without a glitch, now it was a wait for a few more days while there was still a fear of losing the car at the 11th hour given that there was election in Bihar and such cars are in demand always and this beast was from the last lot, I with my father kept my finger crossed and wished our “Gajraj”(by then my father had already named it ) only reaches us the way we could get to it as of now.

First Glimpse of Gajraj(sent by the dealership):
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220128-9.49.14-pm.jpeg
It was really a wonderful day.

On my father’s request to Advik Ford ensured that our Gajraj is placed in the Showroom immediately and not used by any chance as a TD vehicle, in fear that it might get driven more km’s shuttling between places and the result was, so we got our Gajraj with 20KM driven in ODDO
The plan: We all will go to Patna, take delivery of Gajraj, return back via Asansol where Arun uncle will stay back and we will continue our journey to Tarapith, pray and worship Goddess Maa Tara, take her blessing for all of us and Gajraj and then plan our trip back home.
The Group: We completed the exiting Journey with the following members:
1. My Grand Mother
2. My Father
3. My Mother
4. Myself
5. Arun Uncle
6. And the mighty ride The “McQueen“

Taking the Delivery of the Car:

We all decided to Bring Gajraj with us on the auspicious occasion of “Maha Shiv Ratri 21st February 2020” livecars21 (Arun Uncle) had already confirmed to accompany us all the way from Kolkata to Patna and be part of the journey and celebration.
We left for Patna during the afternoon from Kolkata on 20th February 2020, Picked up Arun Uncle from Asansol and reached Patna by around 1:00 am midnight. We took rest in a hotel for the night. I was so excited I couldn’t even sleep properly.
We woke up in the Morning early had our bath, finishing breakfast by 8.30 AM it was time to check out and rush to the dealership as early as possible, we reached Advik Ford by 9.30 as it was 10min away from our Hotel.

Picture of Gajraj in the showroom:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220128-9.48.50-pm.jpeg

As already planned and lined up with Advik Ford Patna, who had mostly kept every aspect ready and the delivery process started immediately as we reached the showroom. The delivery process was smooth and we finished all formalities and were ready to drive out Our Gajraj by 11.30 AM
Route Taken During Journey to Patna: Kolkata – Asansol – Barhi- Nawada – Bhaktiyarpur – Patna the road condition was bad mostly after Barhi & multiple diversions due to work in NH after Asansol till Dhanbad (Total 598kms) Travel time 11 Hrs
Returns Journey Patna To Tarapith: Patna (Advik Ford ) – Bhaktyarpur- Seikhpura – Giridhi- Dhanbad- Asansol – Durgapur- Suri – Tarapith (Total 537Kms) Travel time 11Hrs

Picture of Gajraj and McQueen returning from Patna:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220128-9.50.48-pm.jpeg

We Dropped Arun Uncle at Asansol by 8.00 PM and headed our way back to Tarapith which is around 3-4 hrs journey from Asansol. The road after Darjeeling More till Tarapith was in a bad shape we just felt gliding through it on our Gajraj, we reached Tarapith around 12.00 AM after having our dinner at a roadside Dhaba. What a sound and nice sleep at night it was.
The next day early in the morning we performed Puja in Tarapith Temple and returned back to Hotel, where we had our breakfast and by around 10.00 AM we left Tarapith for home. We reached home by around 8 pm with around 857km on the odometer, perhaps we all including Gajraj enjoyed the trip so much “A nice delivery drive it was, and the maiden voyage for Gajraj”

Two-year ownership experience with 25,000km on the odometer:

The last 2 years were fun-filled, with no issues at all only visits to service centers were on account the following
1. 3 times on account of scheduled service
2. Once for installation of Rat Mesh
During the last 2 years, we could not drive much due to Covid and Covid related restrictions, however, a few special moments with our Gajraj is posted below with some pictures which say 1000 words
Modifications Done: I am not a great fan of Modification and hence did not allow my father to change Gajraj (it already looks beautiful), however, we did have the following few essential modifications
1. Installed Rigid industries AUX light 10” LED bar
2. 7D full matting
3. Software modifications include
a. MID changes for Map view
b. MID display and changes for climate control from the steering wheel
c. Screen Saver changed and altered

What’s so Good About the Car and Ford India :

• Feel from the steering - just doesn't let you know that you are driving a 2.5 Ton it weighs up well with speed which enhances the confidence of driving the car
• Just the right suspension set-up - super comfortable especially on highways - great rear-seat comfort on long drives
• Sunroof and moon-roof – Though not much used in ours except for Rains and drives in the hills
• The front look - gives it road-presence (I personally prefer the stock grill over the aftermarket once, being a stock lover have ensured our Gajraj remains as it was built )
• Low service cost - Engine oil is somehow really cheap and most of the other filters and wear & tear parts are reasonable - great work there by Ford
• Elegant and classy cabin - love the symmetry around it - the leather finish is an additional wow
• Loaded with all the tech - android auto & Apple Car play is a huge plus – Voice command, Speed LIM, cruise control & MID for various driver information display is a plus
• Adequate torque and power - never felt that it needed more
• Safety features - it’s always good to know that you have airbags all around
• Finally the “Family wali feelings ” happens to be so True, feels great to be part of FINDER’s by virtue of the car

Not so Good with Ford India & The Car :

• Ford seems to be less generous for Indian’s, missed out on features like Auto Fold Mirrors, taking off the headlight washer and extra USB port.
• Warranty limits & a bit expensive Extended Warranty - the 100k limit seems lower given that competition is already offering 200k+ (Ford seriously needs to look into this)
• Everything is motor driven with no, fall-back option - the rear seats and trunk are strong examples of how they can come inoperable if the motors fail.
• Spare wheel - 17 inches steel rim is a very poor choice for a car at this price-point
• MRF Wanderers Tyres – Certainly there were various other choices in the market better than this (not worth for a car at the price point)
• High beam & Low Beam isn't that great for a car this expensive, fog lamps are pretty mediocre as well (no wonder so many owners are upgrading)
• I wonder how difficult could it be for Ford to install the rat mesh in the factory itself (though it has started selling Rat Mesh recently and we have fitted them too)
• Traction control is not that effective especially on front wheels – it could really create wonders in the segment otherwise
• 3rd Row sets remain good for kids or used as increased luggage space as the best option
• While the Car was good the market reputation had a different opinion when you wish to sell it might not get you the value it deserves
Overall it’s been an amazing experience owning the Gajraj till now, every ride and tour was a celebration we would love to go miles with it.
The first long trip I foresee from here should be my journey to hostel, yet not sure when maybe a few months down the line in future. Where it should be driven by my father and me.

Few wonderful moments with our Gajraj, Tbhp Family and Friends (pic credits: samba uncle;a.k.a: Samba):
[center]
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.jpeg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2.jpeg

Last edited by Sheel : 31st January 2022 at 07:42. Reason: T-Fort = Toyota Fortuner. No acronyms please. Thanks.
snehanshuchk is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 16:25   #4585
Senior - BHPian

This is one of the best explanations I have found online for the Terrain Management System (TMS) found on 4WD Endeavours.

Link: https://motofomo.com.au/advice/ford-...tms-explained/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 20:36   #4586
BHPian

Congratulations on this gorgeous monster! I had shortlisted this when my dad wanted to buy the Innova but a friend of his had a gearbox problem with his Endeavour and that was enough for my dad to shy away from this machine! I have driven my friend's car and it is insanely powerful!
Old 31st January 2022, 13:42   #4587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Will do that. However, the jerk goes away on its own after sometime once the vehicle is on the move or sometimes it doesn't appear at all so its hard to replicate it to the service center guys.
I had the same issue. Its transmission fluid. Have it topped off... It does the jerking when its low... I too didnt have any issue until my 5th year with the car. Topping it off or replacing with new fluid will solve the issue.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 16:28   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
I had the same issue. Its transmission fluid. Have it topped off... It does the jerking when its low... I too didnt have any issue until my 5th year with the car. Topping it off or replacing with new fluid will solve the issue.
Thank you Valahalla1979, will replace the transmission fluid and see if it works.
Old 31st January 2022, 17:34   #4589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Thank you Valahalla1979, will replace the transmission fluid and see if it works.
Get the car scanned first at a ford dealership besides checking the transmission oil levels. It shouldn't go phut in 5 years, the technical limit is 250k km.

If the transmission oil level or quality is indeed the issue don't top off. Drain and replace.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 21:07   #4590
BHPian

Looking at buying a used Endeavour 3.2 4x4 in Bangalore (2016-2018). Any tips on what to look out for/ stay away from?

Been searching online but lots of dealer vehicles, nothing from Individual owners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks