Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 16:19   #4606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
Hi Anshuman77, is this 'extended warranty' or 'anytime warranty'? I am not sure there is difference between these by the way. I plan to find out more about this. I recently picked up an Endeavour and Extended warranty has expired. I am in a dilemma on whether I should go for any time warranty ( ATW as ford puts it ) or not.
Go for it, as some critical parts (eg transmission) are covered and may fail in higher mileage cars, so good to be covered.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:37   #4607
Senior - BHPian

Ford Australia issued a bulletin for repair of Everest doors (See attached). It is applicable to Ford Everests upto September 2018. Hope Ford India does something similar as many Endeavours have issues around doors.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-fb_img_1645192624990.jpg

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 18th February 2022 at 19:41.
Old 20th February 2022, 11:33   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Thank you. I thought Ford allows extension only if the vehicle is currently in warranty.

Does it allow extension even if the vehicle is out of the standard warranty period? i.e. if the vehicle is 4.5 years old and previous owner has not opted for extended warranty, i.e. standard warranty expired already, will Ford allow extension up to 6th year post inspection?
As others mentioned in this thread already, you can purchase extended warranty till 7 years. my extended warranty expired after 5 years, they offered me the 7th year warranty (My car is 3.2L March 2016 model). considering low KMs ( less than 37,000) and in excellent condition, service advisor was of the opinion that it is not important ( I agreed with him and did not take the 7th year extended warranty).

btw. Ford is offering a good 2 year service plan for about 12K, I opted for it and also bought RSA. Since I opted for the service plan my service bill came down from 13K to about 5K.

Also an additional note: Tata AIG is offering Zero depreciation cover post 5 year completion (most insurers do not offer zero dep after 5 years), I got my insurance renewed with them with zero dep.
sknair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 20:14   #4609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
As others mentioned in this thread already, you can purchase extended warranty till 7 years. my extended warranty expired after 5 years, they offered me the 7th year warranty (My car is 3.2L March 2016 model). considering low KMs ( less than 37,000) and in excellent condition, service advisor was of the opinion that it is not important ( I agreed with him and did not take the 7th year extended warranty).
7th year? Can you provide some source of this. Last I heard was that Ford India was offering extended warranty till 6 years, i.e. till completion of 6 years from date of delivery.
Old 7th March 2022, 16:14   #4610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
7th year? Can you provide some source of this. Last I heard was that Ford India was offering extended warranty till 6 years, i.e. till completion of 6 years from date of delivery.
You can contact the warranty manager in JSP Ford Kudlur Gate (near Hosur road) Bangalore.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 16:52   #4611
Senior - BHPian

If you want to know more about 4WD systems in the Ford Endeavour please read this post.

Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-t...ml#post5268432 (Understanding 4x4 and Modern 4WD driving aids)
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:00   #4612

Navigation on Ford Endeavour

Friends, I guess I will be asking a few questions on the new Endeavour. This is my second.
I picked up a Endy - 2016 3.2 4x4 AT recently. This is my second Endy and my earlier one was the 2010 4x4 AT.
The Sync2 entertainment system is really good, fantastic output in music especially when connected through the USB. But what I thought was a real let down was the lack of navigation in the new Endy.
Even my old Endy had built in GPS navigation and I was a bit disappointed to note that this new Endy did not have GPS navigation and the Apple Car Play

Any possibility of adding Navigation in Sync2. I am not particularly keen on changing the system to Sync3 since its neither available in India and plus its way too expensive too.
Old 14th March 2022, 17:06   #4613

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyBhai View Post
Policemen - Rider and pillion wearing full-face helmets. Impressive. good to see.
What is more heartening to see is they immediately went to help the passengers of the car. Besides the shock, it seems the rider was also hit by debris in the leg.
summerisland is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 17:19   #4614

Re: Learn to drive an AT with both feet, problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Learning or rather re-learning to drive an automatic with both feet will solve this problem. There are users around here who drives an automatic with both their feet (left foot for braking and right foot for accelerating) and at the same time, they are able to drive a manual transmission car in the same old traditional way.

Once practiced to perfection, I am sure this will not require any adaptation and r-adaptation time while switching between MT and AT. I take zero seconds to currently adapt while switching from MT to AT and vice versa, so using both feet in an AT and coming back to driving an MT normally should also take no time to adapt, if practiced thoroughly.

I am also going to slowly transition into using both my foot to drive my AT car. This is the future and there is no reason to carry on driving an AT with the same old way which only uses the right foot.
Bro developing a muscle memory to use both legs for automatic is still understandable , but after that tuning of muscle memory switching between automatic and manual can be catastrophic,

i have seen people riding normal bikes and then riding a royal Enfield with gears on the right side and ofcourse vice versa getting into dirty accidents

I think this practice should be best avoided , because during a panic situation , the muscle memory always takes over the control
Old 14th March 2022, 17:21   #4615

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Looks like nothing is available in India yet. Need to get to know who is coming from US :-( Hope I get one early
Old 21st March 2022, 12:40   #4616
BHPian

Guys I'm in a bit of a fix and need your valuable suggestions. Our 2017 Endeavour 3.2 AT 4x4 Titanium had run 64000 Kms and met with a transmission breakdown on 8th March on Agra Lucknow Expressway. My parents both senior citizens were traveling to Delhi and it was definitely a harrowing experience for them stranded in the middle of nowhere and around 70 kms from the nearest service center. Expressway emergency services came to the rescue in sometime since Ford / Insurance RSA's could not help us out at that location.

Thankfully we had got the warranty extension for the car for 2 years (Year 5 & 6) in Sep 2021 and the car was sent to Prem Ford, Agra for repairs on a flatbed.

After inspection we were informed that the Torque Converter had failed and it will be repaired under warranty. It has been almost 2 weeks but the workshop is not able to update us regarding the dispatch of the part from Ford stating that the delay is at Ford India level and they haven't received a confirmation regarding the same.

Need suggestions from the experienced members of the forum as to how should I expedite the process. From the looks of it the dealership is not able to move further with the repairs without certain approvals from Ford India.

Thanks.
beanstalk_230 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 17:02   #4617

Uograding Sync2 in Ford Endeavour

Hello friends, I have a 2016 Ford Endeavour that comes with Sync2 entertainment. The system itself is excellent and the audio quality is very good. But recently I came across a system that had built in Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and i thought it was pretty cool since a lot of things can be done with CarPlay/ Auto.

What I was pretty surprised and actually upset about is the fact that my other car (2010 Ford Endeavour) comes with in built Sat Navigation but the 2016 Endy does not have one . I can only wonder why.

Is there any way the Sync2 can be upgraded to get CarPlay/ Auto or at least get Sat Navigation to it?
Old 21st March 2022, 17:14   #4618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
Guys I'm in a bit of a fix and need your valuable suggestions. Our 2017 Endeavour 3.2 AT 4x4 Titanium had run 64000 Kms and met with a transmission breakdown on 8th March on Agra Lucknow Expressway.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear your troubles! Glad no one got hurt! There are a few such cases reported in this forum so far. Hope you get your car fixed up soon. Try following up with From customer care. Also may be try to find out from the dealership what exactly is the road-block.

Now thinking back, did you find any warning signs before the mishap? Anything fellow Endeavour owners need to watch out for?
Old 21st March 2022, 20:48   #4619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
Now thinking back, did you find any warning signs before the mishap? Anything fellow Endeavour owners need to watch out for?

Thanks. Will try and get in touch with Ford Customer Care and see if they can help.

As far as the failure goes there were no warning signs whatsoever and car was doing speeds as per the expressway limits ~ 100 Km/Hr. However just before the failure and engine going free there was a mild thud thud sound heard under the middle seat as far as they remember. It must have been hardly 10-15 days after the last service and even those guys did not warn us regarding any problems as such.
Old 22nd March 2022, 07:48   #4620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
Guys I'm in a bit of a fix and need your valuable suggestions. Our 2017 Endeavour 3.2 AT 4x4 Titanium had run 64000 Kms and met with a transmission breakdown on 8th March on Agra Lucknow Expressway.
There are quite a few reported cases on the torque converter issue, especially in the 2016-17 models.

Read this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html (Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks