Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 16:07   #451
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Navigation is messed up, dealer would need to remove the MID system and send it to mount electronics in chennai to upgrade the system and will provide the map SD card, it could take a week to 10 days for this and would cost about 1.2 lakhs, totally worthless. use your smart phone google maps, would be better.
Yep the navigation is offered just for the sake of offering. I really don't see anyone going for this option.

Ford has goofed up on this aspect. SatNav is a basic option in a vehicle of this price range and should have been built in. Else it should allow for Google based navigation picking up from the Android or Apple Phone
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:46   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is anyone aware what sort of Bulbs have they used on Headlamps ? can we change with something like this ?

Also will it be possible to have some better sound setup - perhaps changing front speakers?
Even I was thinking about the same. If the stock speakers alone be replaced with a better ones which has good clarity without meddling the wiring. Any suggestions

Have also decided to change the stock bulb with Osram Night breaker unlimited once I get my truck this month end.
Old 6th April 2016, 19:27   #453
BHPian

I still don't see the March sales data being posted? did anyone see the post yet?
Old 7th April 2016, 02:39   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Off road in the Palar river bed, the sand mode was very resilient and helpful. Basically what I found is that it engages the front wheels and changes gear at a higher number of RPM. In very fine and loose sand, diff lock helps, but not by much. In fact, I found that in very fine loose sand, the car has a lot of difficulty moving from a standstill. When you engage the 4x4 Low, it asks you to put it in rock mode. So, with a bit of fiddling about, I got it into 4x4 low on rock mode and was able to move.The MRF Wanderer tires were exceptional in this terrain and soaked up all the little bumps with ease.
Sand mode in terrain management system should have alone sufficed.Didnt it?

4×4 Low will not suit sand because of crawling speeds which are meant only for rock.
Also high speed with steering turn and the low ratio gear box engaged,will result in winding up of transmission, so to prevent this, the car keeps it in 1st gear only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Navigation is messed up, dealer would need to remove the MID system and send it to mount electronics in chennai to upgrade the system and will provide the map SD card, it could take a week to 10 days for this and would cost about 1.2 lakhs, totally worthless. use your smart phone google maps, would be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep the navigation is offered just for the sake of offering. I really don't see anyone going for this option.

Ford has goofed up on this aspect. SatNav is a basic option in a vehicle of this price range and should have been built in. Else it should allow for Google based navigation picking up from the Android or Apple Phone
Navigation system for the Endeavour has become a joke in the automotive market.

The other day we landed at Maruti to drive the Brezza.
The sales guy said "Sir, Brezza comes with complete navigation with maps, not like Ford where you spend 1 lakh"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Even I was thinking about the same. If the stock speakers alone be replaced with a better ones which has good clarity without meddling the wiring. Any suggestions

Have also decided to change the stock bulb with Osram Night breaker unlimited once I get my truck this month end.
Which varient of re Endeavour is yours?
If it has the projector with HID'S, you don't need to change the bulb.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 7th April 2016 at 02:45.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:09   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Sand mode in terrain management system should have alone sufficed.Didnt it?

4×4 Low will not suit sand because of crawling speeds which are meant only for rock.
Also high speed with steering turn and the low ratio gear box engaged,will result in winding up of transmission, so to prevent this, the car keeps it in 1st gear only
Appears it did not, hence it was required to put the off road selector in 4 Low mode.

Ok, I had a go in the 3.2 Trend for a TD, there are knobs to select 4L, won't going into sand mode & selecting 4L helped? I didn't try anything then.

And what is with Navigation? We have asked the dealer to flash navigation and it hasn't been denied yet. Let us see how things go.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:44   #456
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

And what is with Navigation? We have asked the dealer to flash navigation and it hasn't been denied yet. Let us see how things go.
Forget Builtin Navigation for the ford Endeavour. Won't happen with just a flash. 1.2L is not worth it. The dealer team does not know what is required to be done.

Too expensive otherwise. Use Google Maps on Large Screen Phone and get voice through Integrated system.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:07   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Which varient of re Endeavour is yours?
If it has the projector with HID'S, you don't need to change the bulb.
Mine is Titanium and I was saying about the high beam. I believe projector's are only for low beam and so can't change that.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:11   #458
BHPian

Harshavarthan - I would suggest that you don't haste in. Drive the vehicle and then decide if you really need the upgrade. Like me, you may feel the urge to add more lamps instead of upgrading the existing ones. So hold off till you access it well against your needs.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:39   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
you may feel the urge to add more lamps instead of upgrading the existing ones.
Have you added something or are thinking ? can you share your thoughts or setup done already.
Old 7th April 2016, 12:50   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have you added something or are thinking ? can you share your thoughts or setup done already.
I will be taking the delivery tomorrow.

But I have couple of things in mind depending on whether I need to upgrade the stocks. When taking the test drive, I didn't feel like upgrading. But thats what I felt with my Cruze as well and once I started road trips, I felt the need to upgrade them, though it never materialised.

I am thinking of

1. Light bar
2. Nudge bar with more lamps on it.

Lets see. I will update with my findings and assessment.
Old 7th April 2016, 14:48   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
I will be taking the delivery tomorrow.

I am thinking of

1. Light bar
2. Nudge bar with more lamps on it.

Lets see. I will update with my findings and assessment.
I trust Ford may easily say a warranty breach as the Nudge bar may block ABS sensor. Make sure you don't void it by doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

The system doesn't seem to be recognizing any video formats either.

Last edited by noopster : 8th April 2016 at 08:38. Reason: Please don't post back-to-back: use "multi-quote" option instead
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 14:52   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I trust Ford may easily say a warranty breach as the Nudge bar may block ABS sensor. Make sure you don't void it by doing so.
It is listed in the official accessory list. So don't think they can consider it as violation of warranty. But will confirm with the dealer once again.
Old 7th April 2016, 14:59   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is listed in the official accessory list. So don't think they can consider it as violation of warranty. But will confirm with the dealer once again.
ok..ok. I thought you are going for an after market one. I see the price is on the higher side, so dropped the idea of going for it.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 15:56   #464
BHPian

Quote:
The official Ford nudge bar incorporates sensors - last I checked, so would work with the sensor system.

Quote:
ok..ok. I thought you are going for an after market one. I see the price is on the higher side, so dropped the idea of going for it.
Old 7th April 2016, 17:50   #465
BHPian

Quote:
They have a nudge bar with sensors, would require rewiring (front sensor wires would be connected to the nudge bar sensor wires), not worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks