Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2022, 20:34   #4651
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Does ford calculate warranty starting from date of manufacture or date of sale? .
Did you get a chance to look at this?
https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

According to this page , there are various top ups , or Anytime Warranty options available for all ford cars.

I personally purchased the Top Up option all the way till 6th year of ownership.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 01:00   #4652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Did you get a chance to look at this?
https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

According to this page , there are various top ups , or Anytime Warranty options available for all ford cars.

I personally purchased the Top Up option all the way till 6th year of ownership.
In my opinion no matter what warranty one may opt for , a car manufacturer who is retailing nothing in the market as on date will be absolutely not bothered by any bad mouthing or negative publicity in the social media sphere or for that matter any goodwill in the market,knowing fully well that it is the least of its worries! Dealers running after sales will only be interested in their personal gains.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 08:41   #4653
BHPian

I've had my car for 6 years now. Bought the first edition right out the gate and 6 years on I'm still so very happy with it. I just sent it for 80k service, paint touch up and to change the seat cover that had ripped. I can't tell you what a difference it is to buy a car you really want and be happy with vs settling for a car that is bought with utility in mind. 6 years of love and joy, brought my first child back from hospital in and made so many memorable drives. Another 4 to go and even now as I look at what could possibly replace the endeavour, the Meridian falls short, the fortuner is made for politicos not for car people and ... maybe the hilux?

Ford India was thoughtless in who they were to India, but I think, had they stayed and rather than try to cater to the price conscious nature of Indians, pour themselves as the sexiest, tough as hell, solid vehicles there are in the country, they would have rocked sales...
Valhalla1979 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 10:24   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
In my opinion no matter what warranty one may opt for , a car manufacturer who is retailing nothing in the market as on date will be absolutely not bothered by any bad mouthing or negative publicity in the social media sphere or for that matter any goodwill in the market,knowing fully well that it is the least of its worries! Dealers running after sales will only be interested in their personal gains.
In general , yes. All the warranty honours are usually of great help in promoting the brand for prospective buyers. If manufacturer has no retailing models , then the manufacturer need not honour any more warranty like you say so.

I recommended the warranty from Ford specifically because just few weeks ago my car had an issue fixed under warranty for free of cost. Car is in the 4th year of ownership now.
Old 30th April 2022, 01:20   #4655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Another 4 to go and even now as I look at what could possibly replace the endeavour, the Meridian falls short, the fortuner is made for politicos not for car people and ... maybe the hilux?

Ford India was thoughtless in who they were to India, but I think, had they stayed and rather than try to cater to the price conscious nature of Indians, pour themselves as the sexiest, tough as hell, solid vehicles there are in the country, they would have rocked sales...
They fell short on reliability and service the hallmark of the japanese! I shifted from a gen 1 fortuner to the endeavour in 2018 because i loved the ride the interiors and the looks over the current fortuner however sold it in 2020 when i started facing issues with oil consumption in a 2 year old suv with ecm light coming up intermittently and ford asc confused as hell, cut my loses before ford left and now even though i dont like the looks of the new fortuner or the interiors have booked it and atleast the one thing i may derive out of it is a peacefull ownership experience. Fingers crossed but toyota never disappoints on reliabilty or service
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 07:34   #4656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
fortuner however sold it in 2020 when i started facing issues with oil consumption in a 2 year old suv with ecm light coming up intermittently and ford asc confused as hell, cut my loses before ford left
I faced the same oil consumption issue in a barely 20k run Scorpio a couple of years back. The car was not smoking heavily either even under hard acceleration, but lost oil at around 1 litre every 3-4k km.

Thanks to Jeroen on tbhp I finally figured out the issue.

The oil had been over filled at one point so that the intercooler was soaked with excess oil.

Removing the intercooler and cleaning it in diesel / spraying wd40 and putting it back just resolved the issue.

Poor service centre guy (++ one highly rated "expert third party service centre") were both salivating for a half engine replacement. That was at 20k and I sold the scorpio at 78k middle of last year to get an Endeavour.
Old 30th April 2022, 08:45   #4657
BHPian

Quote:
They fell short cut my loses before ford left and now even though i dont like the looks of the new fortuner or the interiors have booked it and atleast the one thing i may derive out of it is a peacefull ownership experience. Fingers crossed but toyota never disappoints on reliabilty or service
That's the best thing about Toyota, they can make something that you have the confidence will go on and on and on. Ford doesn't have that reputation and it cannot be built through advertising. The fortuner is great, I owned the previous gen and I loved it as I'm sure you will for this one. Happy motoring.
Old 1st May 2022, 09:45   #4658
BHPian

Lots of praise for the Fortuner in this Forum. My two cents on this.

I have driven the Endeavour for approx 40k Km and a friends Fortuner for a reasonable amount of time. The Fortuner is an excellent vehicle. In building it, Toyota has prioritised robustness over comfort. What this means is, the vehicle will have heavy controls, stiff suspension and solid hard wearing embellishments. You may break your arms, legs and back while using it but the vehicle won't break. This is what is misconstrued as reliability by most people.

Our country does not have the kind of roads found in many other places. We are building our infra now and this actually causes additional issues. Silky smooth roads when you are doing 100+ speeds suddenly change into no road at all. Diversions, improper expansion joints, cuts across smooth roads to lay cables/ pipes abound.

Driving in such conditions requires additional amounts of concentration and effort to keep your eyes on the road and be prepared not to run headlong into the rut. This level of Driving skill may not be possible/ choice of everybody. To top it all, the Motoring culture in our country is still developing. Knowledge about vehicles, their correct usage, maintenance, accessorising to suit the kind of driving that you do, is all coming up. These are the conditions that the Fortuner thrives on and gives a carefree experience to the average driver.

The Endeavour on the other hand has a more pliable suspension and lighter controls which provide a more refined experience. All this comes at a cost though. It cant handle the aforementioned road conditions with the same aplomb as the Fortuner. One off instances can be handled, but a regular beating may degrade it faster than a Fortuner. It demands higher driving skill and effort which may not be possible for, or the choice of, the average driver.

It finally boils down to your capabilities and choices. If you are looking for something that will last three generations in your Family, and are ready to accept a unrefined bumpy ride and heavy controls then the choice is clear. If on the other hand you can/ are willing to pay a little more attention while driving then you can have the experience of a lifetime with the same reliability as the Fortuner.
PistonRing is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:41   #4659
BHPian

Tell me this isn't still the best dang proper SUV still...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20220509_105419.jpg  

Valhalla1979 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 01:24   #4660
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone retrofit the electric passenger's seat and the push button start + keyless entry from the 2019 facelift to a pre-facelift endeavour? How hard would this be? Are there experienced garages that do modifications like this?
Old 17th May 2022, 12:38   #4661
BHPian

Have recently come across a 3.2L trend 4×4 2016 model listed for 23L in carwale by the owner himself. The vehicle has run for ~32k kilometers.

While the Trend loses out on safety(number of airbags) and comfort features (sunroof, semi auto parallel park assist). Apart from the safety net, I don't mind missing out on the other features.

What should be an ideal price bracket for this provided all checks work out okay from ford ASC.
Old 18th May 2022, 08:00   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Have recently come across a 3.2L trend 4×4 2016 model listed for 23L in carwale by the owner himself. The vehicle has run for ~32k kilometers.

What should be an ideal price bracket for this provided all checks work out okay from ford ASC.
Low miles is a could be either only city driving or not much at all. 5k kms a year is ridiculously low. But then my wife bought a beat and never drove it much and sold it 10 years later having driven a total of 17k kms. So, you might want to find out who drove it and why it hasn't done many kilometers. And importantly enough, whether it's driver driven... those guys love to just idle with the aircon on and sit for hours and wait.

On the price, I'm a bit biased so can't give you fair judgment on it. But if it is indeed a clean car with owner driven, garaged, serviced regularly and cared for like I do my own, then sure it's a good price for a car with low milage. Anyway try to negotiate down by a lac or 2 or 3. I think the guy posting might have 20 in his mind and put 23 as a way to give room to negotiate to what he wants.

You could do better pricing wise with a car that has more miles on it. Diesels are long lived and can easily cross the 2 lac mark with no major issues. Good luck and when you buy, tell us about it.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:15   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Low miles is a could be either only city driving or not much at all. 5k kms a year is ridiculously low.

You could do better pricing wise with a car that has more miles on it. Diesels are long lived and can easily cross the 2 lac mark with no major issues. Good luck and when you buy, tell us about it.
Thanks. Apparently it was highway driven only for outings as per owner. He is not budging from the 23L quoted.

I will visit over the weekend to check out the vehicle. Also the insurance has expired 6 months back which makes taking it out on road for a test drive or check to ASC a risky affair. Need to have that sorted as well.
Old 18th May 2022, 13:31   #4664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post

While the Trend loses out on safety(number of airbags) and comfort features (sunroof, semi auto parallel park assist). Apart from the safety net, I don't mind missing out on the other features.

20 at the max. In 2016 Trend variant retailed for 30-31L but the prices have shot up. Had Ford stayed, this would have been selling for around 23-25L but with Ford gone now, 23L is little too high. Also do check the gearbox, 6R80 is known to be problematic.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:53   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
20 at the max. In 2016 Trend variant retailed for 30-31L but the prices have shot up. Had Ford stayed, this would have been selling for around 23-25L but with Ford gone now, 23L is little too high. Also do check the gearbox, 6R80 is known to be problematic.
Yes but you also have to note that there aren't any more cars like this being sold retail apart from the fortuner. And not many with this awesome engine either. Also feature wise, the endeavour topped the list at the time. In my mind it still does except for tech like android auto. And because of this, maybe it commands a premium...?
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks