Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
3,877,083 views Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 15:44   #4711
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 595
Thanked: 247 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin2612 View Post
I am in a similar dilemma. Mine is a 2019 October 3.2 facelift model (51k kms on odo) and warranty expiring next month. Buying extended warranty is a way to go if you want to keep the vehicle for another 5 years. Ours is a gem of a model with no transmission issue or underpowered engine. “Touchwood”.

Had so many instances to upgrade to luxury cars but that means would have to sell Ford Endeavour because already have a 2015 toyota fortuner at home which my dad/family still uses for occasional highway trips (gets driven in a innova for daily office commute) and mom still don’t want to change it because of emotions attached to it.(btw odo is at 2 lac kms and still running butter-smooth)

In short, unless you are willing to shell more than 65 lacs in current market, they is no feasible upgrade which makes sense. Recently serviced it at Ford ASC and got a bill of just 10k Rs for 50k kms service, coming from a European VW polo experiences i went like in a good way. My next upgrade is tyres as MRF wanderers are beyond their life and looking into Michelin Primacy or Geolanders AT. Any suggestions would be appreciated.(Mostly city and highway commutes)
Thanks for your reply Sachin!

Yes, I plan to purchase extended warranty for 4th and 5th Year. "Touchwood" the vehicle is great but the extended warranty gives peace of mind!
My 30K service cost was 9.4K including GST

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 13th September 2022 at 16:03.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:04   #4712
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hi guys, My endeavour 2.2 titanium 2019 model steering is showing abnormal behaviour after water wading (it was till number plate level ). The behaviour is as follows: At stand still the steering is completely smooth to operate but once the speed increases it gets stuck at one position and with minimal jerk i can turn it but not smoothly. What could be the reason behind this ?

Last edited by gaganjotsidhu : 15th September 2022 at 13:17. Reason: Typo error
gaganjotsidhu is offline  
Old 15th September 2022, 13:54   #4713
Senior - BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MH02 to MH46
Posts: 1,542
Thanked: 5,849 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganjotsidhu View Post
Hi guys, My endeavour 2.2 titanium 2019 model steering is showing abnormal behaviour after water wading (it was till number plate level ). The behaviour is as follows: At stand still the steering is completely smooth to operate but once the speed increases it gets stuck at one position and with minimal jerk i can turn it but not smoothly. What could be the reason behind this ?
This is steering rack issue and there is a Ford service bulletin for this. Take your car to your Ford ASC and get the necessary parts changed in warranty. Since yours is a 2019 model, I'm sure you still have your warranty valid.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 19:39   #4714
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
This is steering rack issue and there is a Ford service bulletin for this. Take your car to your Ford ASC and get the necessary parts changed in warranty. Since yours is a 2019 model, I'm sure you still have your warranty valid.
Thanks ruzbehxyz for the quick reply. Mine is Feb 2019 buy so the warranty is over now. I am wondering how much this steering rack replacement will cost if i have to pay it from my pocket. Also my car has just completed 20000 km, steering rack problem at such low mileage is a cause of concern.
gaganjotsidhu is offline  
Old 30th September 2022, 15:50   #4715
BHPian
 
Ranger747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 80 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin2612 View Post
In short, unless you are willing to shell more than 65 lacs in current market, they is no feasible upgrade which makes sense.
...
My next upgrade is tyres as MRF wanderers are beyond their life and looking into Michelin Primacy or Geolanders AT. Any suggestions would be appreciated.(Mostly city and highway commutes)
Couldn't be more accurate. I don't see any alternative in 50L bracket. On the tyres, I would recommend to take a look at Micheline LTX Trail. Been using for about 5 months ( about 7000km ) and I have only good things to say about it. Its a good option if you are not looking for proper off-roaders. Cheers.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd October 2022 at 10:04. Reason: Please capitalize where ever required. Thanks.
Ranger747 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 01:23   #4716
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 13
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hey everyone, just got my first annual service done a couple weeks back at Dwarka Ford (Delhi) and overall it was a pleasant experience.

The problem is the ďintelligentĒ oil life indicator hasnít reset. Canít find any option to reset the oil life indicator in the carís menus and neither the app. The service also hasnít updated in the app like it did after a few days for the 2.5k one. So each time I switch on the car I am greeted by an oil h bc change message.
Tried the ford helpline, was promised a callback within the hour; surprise surprise I didnít receive any. The service advisor also hasnít gotten back with information on how to reset it. Any ideas?
PunchsucKr is offline  
Old 3rd October 2022, 14:52   #4717
BHPian
 
StudioAbraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Tail Light Cover Cracked

Dear Bhpians,

I accidentally cracked the tail lamp cover on my Endeavour last weekend. To my utter surprise, the service centre is quoting a 10k to replace it. Apparently, tail lamps come only as an assembly, and the outer cover alone cannot be changed. And the part needs to be ordered in advance too.

I am unable to find any after-market supplies either. Any suggestions in finding the tail lamp over - without changing the whole assembly would help.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-tail-light.jpeg  

StudioAbraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 20:06   #4718
Senior - BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MH02 to MH46
Posts: 1,542
Thanked: 5,849 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganjotsidhu View Post
Thanks ruzbehxyz for the quick reply. Mine is Feb 2019 buy so the warranty is over now.
If your Endeavour is Feb. 2019, then the warranty should be valid till Feb. 2022 and usually towards the end, the dealer contacts the customer for renewal of warranty. Did your dealer not call you ? Ford is offering warranty till 6 years of ownership and last I heard that it is renewable till 7 years. There is also a Anytime warranty valid for 20k kms.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 12:54   #4719
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Gopalpur
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Fan Like Noise from Below Front Passenger Seat Glovebox

I have had this recurring noise of a fan coming from somewhere behind the right bottom of the glove box in front of the front passenger.
It is audible when I first enter the car in the morning even without keying in.
It does sound like a rat gnawing away or a fan in motion and rubbing against some plastic.

At first, I thought it was due to some rat or lizard being stuck.
But that doubt was clarified when I went for servicing.

During the final delivery inspection after the service when I brought the noise out, the glove box was taken out of its notch and some adjustment done to a fan.
The service person showed me that all was well with the fan and that there was no rodent infestation.

However this solved the problem for about 2/3 weeks only.

Now option is to wait for the next service since doing it myself did not work.

Has anyone faced this issue?
If so how did you resolve or communicate to the ASS?
DeeBee is offline  
Old 7th December 2022, 18:51   #4720
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,860
Thanked: 9,003 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
Fan Like Noise from Below Front Passenger Seat Glovebox

I have had this recurring noise of a fan coming from somewhere behind the right bottom of the glove box in front of the front passenger.
Stuck AC fresh air mode actuator. Known problem the ass should usually recognise
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:39   #4721
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Gopalpur
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Stuck AC fresh air mode actuator. Known problem the ass should usually recognise
It seems they did but apparently the quick fix solution of adjusting it manually is not long lasting.
DeeBee is offline  
Old 20th December 2022, 11:45   #4722
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Gopalpur
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
The TPMS system in the Endy will only give you a warning if the pressure in any tire is significantly low.
I could never come to terms with this half baked feature.
Whenever Iíve faced low pressure warning; it was quite simple for me to just reset and carry on.
The warning would not reappear.
Strange.

And so I have now taken on this TPMS issue head on and decided to install JK Tyres Treel TPMS for all five tyres.

Currently at the tyre shop getting it done.

Will update with pictures once done.
DeeBee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:27   #4723
BHPian
 
Ranger747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 80 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

All, I recently observed an odd behaviour with my Endeavour 3.2 titanium (2016). While on the highway, ( just after I jumped over a pothole or uneven bump, I think ) suddenly the MID displayed a flurry of warning messages. 'Hill descent disabled' , 'Hill climb assist not available', 'Park assist malfunction' etc etc. I immediately stopped on the side of the road and turned off the engine. Restarted after a few seconds pause. The messages appear again. I turned off and give it half a minute while I prepared my phone to take the video of messages and switched on again .. and .. nothing. absolutely no message or issue. I waited a minute or so and carefully continued my drive. After that now finished about 500km. But no warning or error message. Anyone faced this kind of blips?

I have seen a couple of times just the 'Parking assist not available' message earlier ( a while ago ), but same way it disappeared after a restart. And never came back for long. Multiple OBD scan had completed at ASS after this. Nothing abnormal was reported.

On a related topic, any recommendation on keeping an OBD scanner ? I see some for 25 to 30K range listed in Amazon. No idea which will really work and help. So haven't taken the decision. Does it really help if you are not really a trained Technitian?

Appreciate any input. Thank you!
Ranger747 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2022, 11:51   #4724
Senior - BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MH02 to MH46
Posts: 1,542
Thanked: 5,849 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Ford Endeavour rescues Tata truck



Article: https://www.cartoq.com/ford-endeavou...ibextid=Zxz2cZ
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 09:23   #4725
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 11
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger747 View Post
All, I recently observed an odd behaviour with my Endeavour 3.2 titanium (2016). While on the highway, ( just after I jumped over a pothole or uneven bump, I think ) suddenly the MID displayed a flurry of warning messages. 'Hill descent disabled' , 'Hill climb assist not available', 'Park assist malfunction' etc etc. I immediately stopped on the side of the road and turned off the engine. Restarted after a few seconds pause. The messages appear again. I turned off and give it half a minute while I prepared my phone to take the video of messages and switched on again .. and .. nothing. absolutely no message or issue. I waited a minute or so and carefully continued my drive. After that now finished about 500km. But no warning or error message. Anyone faced this kind of blips?

I have seen a couple of times just the 'Parking assist not available' message earlier ( a while ago ), but same way it disappeared after a restart. And never came back for long. Multiple OBD scan had completed at ASS after this. Nothing abnormal was reported.

On a related topic, any recommendation on keeping an OBD scanner ? I see some for 25 to 30K range listed in Amazon. No idea which will really work and help. So haven't taken the decision. Does it really help if you are not really a trained Technitian?

Appreciate any input. Thank you!
Same happened to me as well. In my case the culprit was the rat. Rat had cut multiple wires. Whenever i used to take my car over a jerky bump same thing used to happen. The problem with this is that nothing will show in the obd scanner because there is no connection breakdown. Connection only breaks when taking the car over a bump. Ask them to check complete wiring for rodent damage.
gaganjotsidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks