Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 15:22   #511
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
@Turbanator,

Thanks for the response mate, made me feel much better !

I went ahead and bought the X5 only for that 6 cylinder diesel (not really for that coveted 'BMW' brand appeal) and for that extra 'G', not expecting this initial ownership experience.

As you said, the fault with fuel pump could be for the reasons you stated mostly, while a manufacturing defect can't be ruled out. There were couple other black & blue X5's in their stock yard when I visited, so I didn't pay much attention to note the vehicle manufacturing date & stuff. I didn't notice other signs of vehicle wear & tear, so it isn't a used one.

Negotiating with BMW India for "10 year BSI Plus (no repair)" or "Full refund", they've come close to offering 6 year BSI/1.2L km + 6 year Repair/unlimited mileage, after a lot of heated up conversations and email exchanges with the customer support team.

Will take the vehicle back ASAP on their package confirmation. I do realize that extended periods of stay at their service centers can lead to more damage than what's already done. I've made them park a brand new X5 (which I can't use) at home until this issue is resolved though.

Yes, I've already thought about saving that extra bucks during next 2 years for that more complete version of new Endy less initial niggles, for dirt track stuff !
Just so you know. BMW's were more in number of flood damaged cars than any other luxury brand here in Madras. MOre than most some ordinary brands.
Apart from the air intake being low to the ground, all electronics arent placed or sealed well.

I'd take either the 10yr or full refund.

I doubt Ford will provide an update in design so soon after launch...
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 19:48   #512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW's were more in number of flood damaged cars than any other luxury brand here in Madras. MOre than most some ordinary brands.
I don't thnk BMW or for that matter, any company will ship such damaged cars - they all are adequately covered by Insurance.

Quote:
I'd take either the 10yr or full refund.
Unfortunately, it's not so simple on automobiles , have a look at below thread -this guy has been charged with towing charges as well & I will be surprised if Maruti offers even One-month extra warranty

Quote:
I've searched the forum, but I have not found a post on Fuel Pump Failure in a brand new Alto K10. Hence a new post! Please feel free to merge with another thread if it exists.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...o-k10-vxi.html
Quote:
doubt Ford will provide an update in design so soon after launch...
Coming back to thread - it's not uncommon for manufacturers to add small gizmos at time of Yearly Model Change and this feature is missed by everyone . I also expect them to move over to Sygic 3 in coming year or so which should support car play.

Quote:
they've come close to offering 6-year BSI/1.2L km + 6 year Repair/unlimited mileage,
The maximum warranty they offer is 6 Years , but they do have 10 year BSI packs. I think their offer is fair. You must have considerable approach that dealership agreed to park a new vehicle at your place , looks I can look up to you in case I need any help in Banglore

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th April 2016 at 19:49.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 21:13   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
There is no estimated date by which I will get the car and the wait is causing me hardship on the vehicle front.

Not sure if it is worth the wait. Hence thinking.
I have been getting the same answer from my dealer. Sent a mail to Ford India got a promt reply assuring to check and a call back stating we will get back to you with the status of your booking and expected delivery date in a few days. (how many days are a few days?).

Appreciate ford for such a quick reply and hope they keep their word.

It was mentioned earlier on the forum that ford has increased production of the titanium variants. Any update from any insiders.
Old 19th April 2016, 21:51   #514
BHPian

Ecosport and Endy are made in the same plant in Chennai.

Floods damaged the Endy kits and that hit the production targets.

Recent price cut of about 1 Lac increased Ecosport demand.

Final result is what is being discussed by many. It will take 2-3 months to get things sorted out. Currently only 1 3.2 being allotted to each dealer every month. Certain dealers are managing to get more but they are selling at a premium.

This is inside news.
Old 19th April 2016, 22:07   #515
Team-BHP Support

I think this has more to do with High demands for Kits in overseas markets including Australia & South Africa. I don't think FORD India will have so many kits at one go in stocks during floods.

Where FORD has erred is pricing, they could have priced Titanium far higher after all they are competing with LC Prado in many markets and not with Fortuner even where both products are available. This would have given profits to FORD and TREND versions would have still gone off the shelf , now everyone wants Titanium and they don't have enough kits to produce. This kind of stuff is very common with Global giants , recently BMW was found short of M Kit 7 series , they sold all M versions and regular ones are sitting at Dealers.

My advice to any of guys looking for Titanium is to pick Trend , apart from Panoramic sunroof there is probably nothing which we can't change and this does considerably reduce headspace. I am not aware if one can get Titanium by paying a premium at least in this region .

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th April 2016 at 22:10.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 14:52   #516
BHPian

Anybody got a SecuriCode card in the fuse box? It mentions the 5 digit unlock code to the "Keyless Entry System" (for the numeric keypad located on the outside of the vehicle).

I wonder if this mod would be doable and if the onboard system is already configured, just waiting for the hardware!
Old 21st April 2016, 02:10   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
Ecosport and Endy are made in the same plant in Chennai.

Floods damaged the Endy kits and that hit the production targets.

Recent price cut of about 1 Lac increased Ecosport demand.

Final result is what is being discussed by many. It will take 2-3 months to get things sorted out. Currently only 1 3.2 being allotted to each dealer every month. Certain dealers are managing to get more but they are selling at a premium.

This is inside news.
Thanks for the inside news. You specifically mentioned only one 3.2 being allocated. Having followed this thread for a while, it is not clear if availability of "all" Titaniums is a problem or is it limited to 3.2 Titanium? In other words, do 2.2 Titaniums AT have less wait times than 3.2 Titanium?
Old 21st April 2016, 08:48   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
do 2.2 Titaniums AT have less wait times than 3.2 Titanium?

As of now, thats correct. Look at my case. I got my Titanium 2.2 in 15 days of DP, at old tax rates.
Old 21st April 2016, 11:10   #519
BHPian

I had an amusing experience yesterday after parking my cousin's new top spec Endeavour 3.2 Titanium. As it was my first time and I was not familiar with the controls, i switched on the driver side front cabin light to ensure all controls are properly pressed, gear is in parking mode and hand brake is pulled up. After that i got out of the car and locked it. All the lights switched off but the light which i switched did not switch off. So, I unlocked the car and pressed the button to switch if off but after locking again, it still did not go off.
Finally i had to unlock the car, insert the key in the ignition, wait for the cabin auto lights to go off and then press the button to switch off the lone still on light.

Talk of modern technology !
autobahnjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 11:45   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Thanks for the inside news. You specifically mentioned only one 3.2 being allocated. Having followed this thread for a while, it is not clear if availability of "all" Titaniums is a problem or is it limited to 3.2 Titanium? In other words, do 2.2 Titaniums AT have less wait times than 3.2 Titanium?
If you are looking for Endeavour, checkout Elite Ford. They have 3.2Trend(Red) and 2.2 Titanium(White) in stock. These cars are lying in their stock yard for more than 2 weeks. They now also have a Red 3.2 Titanium for which I am sure they already have a customer.
Old 21st April 2016, 12:10   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
Anybody got a SecuriCode card in the fuse box? It mentions the 5 digit unlock code to the "Keyless Entry System" (for the numeric keypad located on the outside of the vehicle).

I wonder if this mod would be doable and if the onboard system is already configured, just waiting for the hardware!
I think you may need to explain further...? Where is the keyless entry system?
Old 21st April 2016, 13:24   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you are looking for Endeavour, checkout Elite Ford. They have 3.2Trend(Red) and 2.2 Titanium(White) in stock. These cars are lying in their stock yard for more than 2 weeks. They now also have a Red 3.2 Titanium for which I am sure they already have a customer.
Do they have 2.2 Trend 4x4 MT available in stock ?
Old 21st April 2016, 13:50   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Do they have 2.2 Trend 4x4 MT available in stock ?
There was one 2.2 4x4 MT(Red) in their stock when I had visited about 2 weeks back, did not see it today though.
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:58   #524
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
Just so you know. BMW's were more in number of flood damaged cars

I'd take either the 10yr or full refund..
Valhalla,

Thanks for a word of Caution. Got a written assurance from BMW that its not a flood affected vehicle. Received the car back with free 6yr BSI and repair package and few diesel additives to use. Looking forward for some happy n trouble free miles now.

-Niranjan
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:09   #525
BHPian

check this out. car advice SUV comparison.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/431436/f...nissan-patrol/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks