Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 07:52   #556
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Toyota is not going to spend one sleepless night due to this
of course not, I feel that they should probably have different engines so I wrote not because I am having problems or someone is going to have workover. Have a look at engine specifications for New Prado 2,8, New Fortuner 2,8 and new Innova - 2,8 , - apart from a small change in Torque rest everything is same, though for new Innova they have detuned for the Indian market, now whether it is because of fuel or as a differentiator from Fortuner will be clear when later is launched.

Quote:
Volkswagen Group uses its 2.0 TDI motor in cars ranging from the VW Jetta to the AUDI A6.
Yes, they may use the same blocks but I am not sure if it's just a chip that makes the difference or there are more differentiator including pistons / crankshafts and allied components to withstand higher pressures.

Quote:
what sense would it make to buy either a trend or a titanium if the Endeavour will be pulled off
LOL , when are you getting your Titanium ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20160428-7.41.10-am.png  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20160428-7.41.02-am.png  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20160428-8.00.36-am.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th April 2016 at 08:03.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:59   #557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
LOL , when are you getting your Titanium ?
In the next 10 days.

It is of my cousin. I have this
Old 28th April 2016, 08:11   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But Ford has to really show an effort to sell more vehicles before the next generation Fortuner gets here!
Yes, someone needs to put an effort to get the vehicle home. And in the case of Ford, its always the customer. Sad truth. Aggression is missing in marketing, sales and supply chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Already the brand Fortuner has a big advantage over the Endeavour, and to add to it - the new Fortuner seems capable enough to take on the Endeavour as well!
Toyota will still sell 2x or 3x times the Endeavour, even if the new Fortuner is 75% of the car the Ford is and coming out with a sticker price of 120%.

What Ford should be concentrating on is consolidating a solid second place in the market by then. Consistent sales of 500+ units each month in this segment is good for Ford. But even that ain't happening by the looks of things so far.

Right now, ideally they should go all out to get as many Endeavours in home across the country.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 08:11   #559
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Dealer!!

Had an interesting experience yesterday evening. I had left an online query at the local Ford dealership (Tanish Ford, Gurgaon). Got a call back, conversation was like this:
DLR: You want to buy an underwear(Endeavour)?
ME: i'd like a test drive first
DLR: You'll have to come to xx location (15kms away despite a showroom 2k's from my place)
ME: Okay but I want to TD the 32. version and for a reasonable distance.
DLR: NO! we have an unregistered vehicle you can drive it in the compound!!

Dealership renamed TARNISH FORD!!
rmonie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 09:48   #560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
NO! we have an unregistered vehicle you can drive it in the compound
Probably this has to do something with the ban in NCR , they won't get TC numbers even if they want. If you are in need of picking something in this segment, travel to nearby places out of NCR , most of the places dealers do have Test Drive vehicles.
Old 28th April 2016, 11:04   #561
BHPian

Hi, My 3.2 Titanium is ready, will be taking delivery tomorrow. I would like to know the shift pattern in it for the D mode to Manual mode to Sport mode. I know the D mode and if we shift it to right , its the S mode. But, I don't see any bottons for manual modes, is it like we can just push the lever forward in D mode to downshift and pull the lever in D mode to upshift. Please clarify.
P.S - Never driven an auto in spite of more than 30 yrs of driving and off roading.

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2016 at 10:23. Reason: Post edited. Let's keep it real. Thanks :)
Old 28th April 2016, 20:48   #562
Senior - BHPian

Haven't seen a single Endeavour on roads here in Mumbai regardless of the variant, This question was asked to me by my Dad to which i had no proper answer, Really a car soo well loaded priced perfectly and ford isn't able to deliver the car to its customers?
Old 28th April 2016, 20:52   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Haven't seen a single Endeavour on roads here in Mumbai regardless of the variant, This question was asked to me by my Dad to which i had no proper answer, Really a car soo well loaded priced perfectly and ford isn't able to deliver the car to its customers?
Thats not true buddy. I have seen 5 in the span of 3 days. Smoke Grey in Marol, Red and White in Bandra, Black near Mahim and a White in South Mumbai.

The Black and Red were 3.2 Titaniums while the White was a Trend. Dunno about the SOBO one. Maybe Superflyboy can tell you more about that one
Old 28th April 2016, 21:43   #564
BHPian

Autocar compares Endeavour, Trailblazer and the Fortuner

Endeavour wins the battle hands down

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...on-401529.aspx
Old 28th April 2016, 22:10   #565
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen a few in Bangalore as well. Especially the Brown and Red ones.

Given that each dealer is getting 1 unit of Titanium a month and mostly all bookings are Titanium, that means fairly good. Hope the viewing increases as the production improves.
Old 28th April 2016, 22:17   #566
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen a few but all of them were the 2.2 litre variants. Haven't seen any 3.2 litre ones yet. Really sad that Ford isn't able to deliver on time. Why launch a car if you can't deliver it? Rather delay the launch by a few months. The negative publicity and declaration of a car as a flop by public as it is not "seen" on roads is worse than the flak received for a delayed launch.
Old 28th April 2016, 23:50   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Received these on WhatsApp.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_9230.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_9229.jpg

Not sure what's the story behind this one, but it looks like a driver-side hit and a topple over.

Really sad to see a brand-new car in this condition. Still on TC plates, too.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 06:42   #568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
I would like to know the shift pattern in it for the D mode to Manual mode to Sport mode. I know the D mode and if we shift it to right , its the S mode. But, I don't see any bottons for manual modes, is it like we can just push the lever forward in D mode to downshift and pull the lever in D mode to upshift. Please clarify.
Yes. Once you've pulled the lever towards you, it is in S mode.

After that, you can (optionally) push it forward or backward to manually shift gears.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2016 at 06:44.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 19:10   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Not sure what's the story behind this one, but it looks like a driver-side hit and a topple over.
Has the front right rim broken? The right front wheel might have hit a big rock or a foot path at a high speed which caused it to flip over to the left.

No damage to the bumper..so must not be something big.. But reason for the front right panel damage ? any guess?
Old 30th April 2016, 13:20   #570
BHPian

Got the beast....Finally
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160429wa0113.jpg  

drjones is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed